Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off (2967 Views)

#HarmattanPickUpLines:Funny Pick Up Lines Guys Are Using For Ladies On Harmattan / REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / 11 Lines Guys Use To Get Sex From ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2012
There are some opening lines guys use that should be absolute No-Nos. I mean when you want to approach a girl and maybe ask for her number, ask her out on a date, or even just ask to get to know her better. For me, there are certain things a guy says/does that guarantees that he would NEVER get anywhere no matter how wonderful he seems. Here they are

1. "Baby" This overused word is definitely at the top of my list. once a guy calls me baby, or says 'Hello baby' Dude, you might as well just walk on because there's absolutely nothing for you here. Come on, you don't know me, you don't know Jack about me and you think it's okay to call me a 'baby'. For some reason that just pisses the heck outta me!

2. "you look familiar" Really? Like seriously undecided undecided? I look familiar? Even if i truly look familiar, Dude , you just used a dead line, and therefore killed your chances...so, NEXT!!

3. "Let me take your number" undecided ...Errrmmm take my number to where dude? If you want my number then ask for it nicely, you don't even know my name and you want my number, did you buy me a phone?

Okay, that's all i can think of right now...but ladies, i know there are loads more so feel free to share yours here... grin grin grin
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by pleep(m): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2012
I just ask : "whats your number?" is that o.k? grin

Or if im at a desk or something.... i just ask what her number is then as soon as she gets her phone out i tell her to write it down.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 09, 2012
pleep: I just ask : "whats your number?" is that o.k? grin

Or if im at a desk or something.... i just ask what her number is then as soon as she gets her phone out i tell her to write it down.
It depends on what kind of rapport you have, but personally i prefer for you to make it a request, like "Can i have your number?" " Is it okay if I call you?"
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by pleep(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2012
^No way. Thats sounds weak as hell. smiley
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Booty4me: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2012
This post is hidden
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by saintvc(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2012
I lov u talk ur own.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 09, 2012
pleep: ^No way. Thats sounds weak as hell. smiley
Lolzzz! You are not serious! That's courteous and polite, and not weak.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by vivianc(f): 9:57am On Nov 09, 2012
"I wanna be with you cos you are different from other girls" I hate this sentence with passion and if a guy says this to me on our first date? He will never set his eyes on me again.

When a guy who barely knows you starts singing your praises? You are about to be buried.........just have your attorney draft your Will.

1 Like

Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by lacasa: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2012
My pastor revealed to me dat we will be goin out on a date grin
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
lacasa: My pastor revealed to me dat we will be goin out on a date grin
A fellow church-entrenched-going-girl will fall for it. So dont blame guys for using it.

In short, all these seeming wack lines the ladies are complaining about are still being used daily by guys, and guess what, girls still fall for them! If it doesnt work for them, trust me, they would have changed tactics! But why change a winning strategy?

I personally think that ladies should upgrade their "falling" methodologies. . .

2 Likes

Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by goofie: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
sexkillz: A fellow church-entrenched-going-girl will fall for it. So dont blame guys for using it.

In short, all these seeming wack lines the ladies are complaining about are still being used daily by guys, and guess what, girls still fall for them! If it doesnt work for them, trust me, they would have changed tactics! But why change a winning strategy?

I personally think that ladies should upgrade their "falling" methodologies. . .

only a dubm girl will fall 4 such lame lines.

even if his pastor revaled to him,he shld allow me get d revelation first.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by antichelsea(m): 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
sexkillz: A fellow church-entrenched-going-girl will fall for it. So dont blame guys for using it.

u dey mind them. They fall for d cash and sometimes the looks.Nt what u say 2them!
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
goofie:

If that is the case then, you have to agree that the number of dumb girls perambulating these days is quite alarming, cos they keep falling. . .
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
goofie:

whats "DUBM GIRL"?
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by goofie: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
lalaosky:

whats "DUBM GIRL"?

am sure u hv hrd of something called "typographical error". look it up!
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
goofie:

even if his pastor revaled to him,he shld allow me get d revelation first.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
goofie:

am sure u hv hrd of something called "typographical error". look it up!

oops...my bad...thought it meant something meaningfull
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by boron10(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bludeville:
It depends on what kind of rapport you have, but personally i prefer for you to make it a request, like "Can i have your number?" " Is it okay if I call you?"
pleep: I just ask : "whats your number?" is that o.k? grin

Nah! E nor go work. With such question, the lady in question would not hesitate to tell you no. Or politely tell you she does not have a phone. If i need a girl's phone number, i'll act like the number isn't that important. I'll bring out my phone from my pocket in the midst of discussion, and give her to type her phone number. Why make it a request Na she go send credit wey i go take call?

2 Likes

Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by duality(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
mtcheew...

No matter how sophisticated, aristocratic and psychedelic a girl may be. when she really wants to be in a relationship she'll loosen up. Pick up lines become inconsequential. in fact, she'll be the one to start a conversation. A lady at 25yers may have the opinion of the OP. when she is getting old, se'll drop those bull..

for me, i don't give a heck about such lines coz i'll always want to be free with any lady i want to be my friend. no time for "forming". Thats why i don't "toast". I totally don't believe in it. i do my friendship things naturally.

I have a friend with this attitude. you know, the mind set of the op. we just got talking. in fact, she was speaking queens english, while i deliberately replied in pidgin. after some time, she loosened up and joined me in the pidgin level. we had i nice conversation.

If i had used one of those pick up lines or "Toasting" lines, she probably, would have rushed to nairaland to open a topic like this.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
I say "I like you a lot and would want us to be friends"
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Exponental(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
Bludeville: There are some opening lines guys use that should be absolute No-Nos. I mean when you want to approach a girl and maybe ask for her number, ask her out on a date, or even just ask to get to know her better. For me, there are certain things a guy says/does that guarantees that he would NEVER get anywhere no matter how wonderful he seems. Here they are

1. "Baby" This overused word is definitely at the top of my list. once a guy calls me baby, or says 'Hello baby' Dude, you might as well just walk on because there's absolutely nothing for you here. Come on, you don't know me, you don't know Jack about me and you think it's okay to call me a 'baby'. For some reason that just pisses the heck outta me!

2. "you look familiar" Really? Like seriously undecided undecided? I look familiar? Even if i truly look familiar, Dude , you just used a dead line, and therefore killed your chances...so, NEXT!!

3. "Let me take your number" undecided ...Errrmmm take my number to where dude? If you want my number then ask for it nicely, you don't even know my name and you want my number, did you buy me a phone?

Okay, that's all i can think of right now...but ladies, i know there are loads more so feel free to share yours here... grin grin grin

1. baby, u dey complain, do u prefer "oldee?"
2. U look familiar, do u prefer "we look alike", even if i be black n u be white?
3. Can I av ur no.....do u prefer I give u my house address or u give me urs?
stop being unnecessarily tough. Good guys sef dey vex ooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza: if a guy says this to me on our first date? He will never set his eyes on me again.

Wetin you wan do? You be ghost? You wan evaporate? Abegi. angry

1 Like

Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by vivianc(f): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
fresh_dude: Wetin you wan do? You be ghost? You wan evaporate? Abegi. angry

Fresh dude you again? Abeg I no get strength to fight.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Fresh dude you again? Abeg I no get strength to fight.
Lol. I come in peace. I'm not looking for a fight it's just a funny thing to say. It sounds so somehow...
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by vivianc(f): 3:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
fresh_dude: Lol. I come in peace. I'm not looking for a fight it's just a funny thing to say. It sounds so somehow...
Ok, it meant we are done, there won't be a second date. Do you understand now?
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
vivian chinaza:
Ok, it meant we are done, there won't be a second date. Do you understand now?
Babe reduce your muscle abeg, no need to be patronising.
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by vivianc(f): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
fresh_dude: Babe reduce your muscle abeg, no need to be patronising.
grin muscle ke? Where the muscle dey kwanu?
Re: Opening Lines Guys Use That Absolutely Turn You Off by Donlouise(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
So una dey complain say dose line dumb abi, den y una still dey fall 4 am?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right For My Mum To Stop Me From Marrying Him Because He Is Yoruba? / A Boy's Dead Girlfriend Keeps Messaging Him On Facebook / 17 Romantic Things To Tell A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.