Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,631 members, 7,844,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Can A Woman Change A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Change A Man? (8348 Views)

Can Marriage Change A Guy Who Is A Womanizer? / Guys Pls Come In: Can A Guy's Point Of Attraction To A Woman Change With Time? / Do Man And Woman Change After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Rocktation(f): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Yes..
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by fairygeh(f): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
I believe one only has an influence on someone who is willing and ready to change,so if the man is willing,sure a man could change
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by DExplorer1: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

It won't be wrong, but you didn't change him. He changed himself. You influence that change.

So you were part of the change in his attitude, but not the reason for it.

You prompt him to change, not made him change.

All we can do is influence people to change for the better whilst praying and hoping that they do. Because you can nag, shout and preach from now until kingdom come, if a man or woman hasn't got it in their mind to change, then a change ain't gonna happen.
There comes a time when influence becomes so potent and effective enough to bury/silence a will-power. So if she can influence the man to change, my dear, SHE CHANGED THE MAN. Saying he "changed himself" is incoherent.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by cowgurl: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2012
Hmm, I see.

@topic,
I can but 'l have to dig the man crazily to wanna change his odd attitudes.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:
. Saying he "changed himself" is incoherent.
Lmao, u are an Olodo!!

So one isn't capable of changing oneself?? What is change?? What is incoherent?? Here is a link to the dictionary meaning. Brah, what d heck are u writing?? LMAO!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incoherent

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/change

No need for anyone to get bitter, I deal with fact! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

There comes a time when influence becomes so potent and effective enough to bury/silence a will-power. So if she can influence the man to change, my dear, SHE CHANGED THE MAN. Saying he "changed himself" is incoherent.

No one can change anyone. You can influence, but you can't make a person change. End of!
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
Lmao, u are an Olodo!!

So one isn't capable of changing oneself?? What is change?? What is incoherent?? Here is a link to the dictionary meaning. Brah, what d heck are u writing?? LMAO!

grin
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
Lmao, u are an Olodo!!

Leave him alone o. You know how Nigerians gets excited about "big words" even when they have no idea what it means. Everyone wants to sound intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
Yes. "Her" influence changed me. . . When my friends wonder and ponder how i changed from my way so drastically, i point in the direction of the woman whom thru that change was possible and say to them "she changed me". . .
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Live it for as long as it last.
undecided undecided
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
sexkillz: Yes. "Her" influence changed me. . . When my friends wonder and ponder how i changed from my way so drastically, i point in the direction of the woman whom thru that change was possible and say to them "she changed me". . .
Awwwwh...,
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by UjSizzle(f): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
If she's the trigger, then she changed you.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
I see where u guys are coming from. What abiL is trying to say is do not get into a relationship with someone that u know isn't good for you with the mentality that u are going to change him.

If a man isn't willing to change, he won't! Your influence, meekness, nagging is only going to fall on deaf ears. Change has to come from the person that will make the change. The woman can serve as the encourager, the adviser, the hope and the source of strength the man needs to change but ultimately he-the man, is the one that can make the change.

In essence, she might be the reason for a man to change but not the one who changed him

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: If she's the trigger, then she changed you.
It's an unarguable fact!
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
You cannot change a person however hard you try unless he/she is willing to change himself first. The person has to make that admittance on his own. But you can provide support and inspiration for the person as he goes through that change phase.

Nobody is perfect anyway. Why be in a relationship in the first place if you're set out to change the person? The only way to be happy in a relationship is to realize that your partner has his flaws and will do things that you don't necessarily agree with, so do you. If you can't handle it, then you're not meant to be in the relationship. You have to learn to accept his flaws as part of his personality and change yourself to accept that fact. Once you learn to do that, it only gets better.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2012
uj_sizzle: If she's the trigger, then she changed you.

She influenced the change. Yes she has changed you in a way, because if it wasn't for her, you will still be the old you. But really and truly, she influenced the change and you decided to change yourself so as to become a better person for her.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
sexkillz: It's an unarguable fact!

Says you. Mtcheew!
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by DExplorer1: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
Lmao, u are an Olodo!!

abiL*:

Leave him alone o. You know how Nigerians gets excited about "big words" even when they have no idea what it means. Everyone wants to sound intelligent.
You both made me laugh. I just checked my dico now (Oxford) and incoherent means: 1. Unable to express yourself clearly, often because of emotion. Now Shollypopz my new found English teacher how is my term in contrast with my intent and line of content?
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

She influenced the change. Yes she has changed you in a way, because if it wasn't for her, you will still be the old you. But really and truly, she influenced the change and you decided to change yourself so as to become a better person for her.
GBAM!!

abiL, u cannot be making sense like this. I would like u ooo, and I don't like liking people angry angry
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz: I see where u guys are coming from. What abiL is trying to say is do not get into a relationship with someone that u know isn't good for you with the mentality that u are going to change him.

If a man isn't willing to change, he won't! Your influence, meekness, nagging is only going to fall on deaf ears. Change has to come from the person that will make the change. The woman can serve as the encourager, the adviser, the hope and the source of strength the man needs to change but ultimately he-the man, is the one that can make the change.

In essence, she might be the reason for a man to change but not the one who changed him
ItsModella: You cannot change a person however hard you try unless he/she is willing to change himself first. The person has to make that admittance on his own. But you can provide support and inspiration for the person as he goes through that change phase.

Nobody is perfect anyway. Why be in a relationship in the first place if you're set out to change the person? The only way to be happy in a relationship is to realize that your partner has his flaws and will do things that you don't necessarily agree with, so do you. If you can't handle it, then you're not meant to be in the relationship. You have to learn to accept his flaws as part of his personality and change yourself to accept that fact. Once you learn to do that, it only gets better.

I'm happy to see people that actively use their brains.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:
You both made me laugh. I just checked my dico now (Oxford) and incoherent means: 1. Unable to express yourself clearly, often because of emotion. Now Shollypopz my new found English teacher how is my term in contrast with my intent and line of content?

You're actually getting a teeny weeny lot boring now tongue
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by DExplorer1: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Idowuogbo:
undecided undecided
I'm beginning to like you. LOL
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
GBAM!!

abiL, u cannot be making sense like this. I would like u ooo, and I don't like liking people angry angry

You shall like me. I'll marry you when I've grown a dïck kiss
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by DExplorer1: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
abiL*:

You're actually getting a teeny weeny lot boring now tongue
Hit on the topic and don't adopt rescue measures or self-pity grin
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

I'm beginning to like you. LOL
undecided undecided
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
truthisbitter: 55th to comment! Glory be to Obatala.

ode!!!
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Hit on the topic and don't adopt rescue measures or self-pity grin

What in the name of big black dîcks are you going on about?!

How is me stating the fact that I'm getting bored of you a way of "adopting rescue measures or self-pity"?

Do you know what self-pity is??
... Oya Shollypopz, define it for him! angry

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
truthisbitter: 55th to comment! Glory be to Obatala.

Goat!
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
D-Explorer:

Show me where I didn't express myself coherently?! Show me now! angry

English grammar no go kill person sha.
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
If she influenced the change and he changed, what has she done?

Smh
Re: Can A Woman Change A Man? by abiL2: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
sexkillz: If she influenced the change and he changed, what has she done?

Smh

She is the catalyst for the change!

A woman might sometimes influence a man to change, but if he isn't truly ready to change, then he ain't gonna. You have more chance teaching a chicken to ride a bike than forcing people to change.

I'm done repeating myself!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

To The Guys / Men: 5 Romantic Questions That Can Get A Girl Wet Instantly !!!!!!! / Is There Any Nairaland Girl With Eyes Prettier Than These (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.