Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them (4365 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 1:27am On Feb 02, 2008
There are some songs I listen to for the first time and i just know they are going to be hit tracks,I dont need a rocket scientist to proove it to me I 've blessed with a listening ear for HIT tracks.This thread has been created to appreciate and expose some of those songs . . .it doesnt matter what genre of the music or the artisall we are interested in is the song cheesy cheesy cheesy

a couple of tracks that did it for me 1 time were;
most recently:
1. Soty's--- Malaria (heard it at a bar and was sprung form there cheesy cheesy cheesy)
2.Brick &Lace----love is wicked (saw it when it was exclusive on mtvbase)
3.Maxwell----This womans work(heard first when i watched Love &basket ball and i was like daaaaammnn)

. . .and the list goes on,but first lets hear about yours wink
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by pheesayor(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2008
faze - kolomental
olu - yahoozee
tuface - african queen

so many I cant remember now
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by pheesayor(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2008
faze - kolomental
olu - yahoozee
tuface - african queen

so many I cant remember now
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by RichDad1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
T.Y Bello------Greenland
Nice------Gongo Aso
Wyclef Jean----Perfect Gentlemen,
and lots more cool cool cool cool
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
heres more:
Sisqo thong song tongue tongue
Cranberries Ode to my family cry cry
Natalie Imbruglia torn cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 6:24am On Feb 06, 2008
First time I heard KANE---------not the fighting type I went beserk. cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by justkunmi(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2008
soul e- soul e baba dey here
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Baro(m): 10:49am On Feb 06, 2008
Odada nice thread but  "The One Hit Wonder" tag is a misnomer, the thread title does not capture the subject, please try to change the title of the thread. A one hit wonder is an act that drops a hit song and goes into oblivion thereafter, i.e Komo - Na today, Eddy Remedy - Arrival, Queen Change(cant remember the title of the song) etc,  Don't feel slighted with this correction, we all learn everyday.

Peace smiley
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by benedo(m): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2008
@ Baro

Enuff said wink
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by RichDad1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ Baro,
Like what do you suggest the tittle be
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Baro(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ Rich Dad,
how about "SONGS YOU JUST KNOW WOULD TURN OUT HITS"
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2008
Baro:

Odada nice thread but "The One Hit Wonder" tag is a misnomer, the thread title does not capture the subject, please try to change the title of the thread. A one hit wonder is an act that drops a hit song and goes into oblivion thereafter, i.e Komo - Na today, Eddy Remedy - Arrival, Queen Change(can't remember the title of the song) etc, Don't feel slighted with this correction, we all learn everyday.

Peace smiley
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn . . .changing the title
Rich Dad:

@ Baro,
Like what do you suggest the tittle be

Baro:

@ Rich Dad,
how about "SONGS YOU JUST KNOW WOULD TURN OUT HITS"
Do we all concur? cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2008
Okay fellas,I guess this thread is stirring up a little controversy,so i think by popular demands I would have to change the topic to; First time hit tracks cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
Soty----------Malaria cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Baro(m): 12:01am On Feb 07, 2008
@ New Topic,
Better

Now let me name my own tracks
1 Little Money -- 9ice
2 Kolomental -- Faze
3 Sarokome -- Adaz
4 Yahoozee -- Olu
5 Tongolo -- D'banj
6 Holy pass -- 2face
7 Dem Mama -- Timaya
8 Onyinye -- Obiwon
9 Forever -- Paul Play
10 Faze Alone -- Faze
11 Ego -- Djinee
12 Stylee --- Jimmy Jatts
13 E.t.c e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 8:32am On Feb 07, 2008
DMX----------Players Anthem
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 6:28am On Feb 11, 2008
~You're beautiful ~James Blunt
~African Queen~ 2face
~Tutu Party ~Emmerson
~Bleeding of Love ~Leona Lewis
~Yellow ~Cold play
~Ayo Technology ~Fifty cent
~Apologise ~One Republic
~Noone ~Alicia keys
~Rehab ~Amy Winehouse
~Hero ~Enique Iglesais
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2008
mohawkchic:

~You're beutiful~James Blunt
~African Queen~2face
~Tutu Party~Emmerson
~Bleeding of Love~Leona Lewis
~Yellow~Cold play
~Ayo Technology~Fifty cent
~Apologise~One Republic
~Noone~Alicia keys
~Rehab~Amy Winehouse
~Hero~Enique Iglesais
I couldnt agree more,what a lovely selection cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by debosky(m): 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2008
enrique has many hits angry

rhythm divine, hero, escape my love, bailamos. . .how can all those hits be ignored? undecided

Amy Winehouse just won 3 grammys. . .its too early to call her a one hit wonder just yet.

One hit wonders?

Ini Kamoze - murderer
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by romeo(m): 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2008
Baro:

Odada nice thread but "The One Hit Wonder" tag is a misnomer, the thread title does not capture the subject, please try to change the title of the thread. A one hit wonder is an act that drops a hit song and goes into oblivion thereafter, i.e Komo - Na today, Eddy Remedy - Arrival, Queen Change(can't remember the title of the song) etc, Don't feel slighted with this correction, we all learn everyday.

Peace smiley

You nailed it bro.
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2008
Its outta my hands now bro' as you can see undecided undecided undecided if only the moderator can be so kind in helping out with the change?I keep modifying but it wont budge anyways thanks y'all for the word up!!!

@topic;FIRST TIME HIT TRACKS
Mo' hits all stars----------PERE cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by tosinadeda: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2008
All i needed was d beats of gongo aso
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by afrochic: 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
omar; nothing like it
alex zitto: tickle me
inie kamoze: hotstepper
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
relaxing. . .hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the beats of gongo aso brilliant.
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by A40(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
Blue Magic
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2008
Like American Gangster sweet cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by kaydee(m): 1:16am On Feb 16, 2008
When i saw the title,I was bout to go with ma list of

Bahamen - Who Let the Dogs Out(i've never heard any other song from them)

Eamon - I don't Want you Back

Afroman - Because I Got High

@ Odada
Yeah!!!!!!!!! You need to change the title of this thread
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by TCUBE(m): 8:04am On Feb 16, 2008
mc hammer- hammer time

naughty by nature- opp

UGO- Straight from the heart

Rasqie- Soji

lyod- you

watch VH1, they have the 100 of all time, no naija made it sha oo
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2008
kaydee:

When i saw the title,I was bout to go with ma list of

Bahamen - Who Let the Dogs Out(i've never heard any other song from them)

Eamon - I don't Want you Back

Afroman - Because I Got High

@ Odada
Yeah!!!!!!!!! You need to change the title of this thread

Yeah dude,you cant say I havnt tried anyways lets just flow with it ok. . .

@poster
Junior&pretty--------Monica undecided/bolanle grin grin grin
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by OpeLovely(f): 1:09pm On Feb 19, 2008
Afroman's Because i got high,
Mel C's Never be the same again,
Kevin Little's Tempted to touch,
Christina Milian's Dip it low,
Sunny Nneji's Oruka,
Blackfaze's Ahead of this game,
Soulja Boy's Do

and so many others.
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
im surprised no one mentioned the baha men
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by OpeLovely(f): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2008
The people that sang Cluck Cluck!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Listen: Drake - Controlla Cooldjmaxi Remix. / Young Jeezy / Which Rap Album Has The Best Intro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.