Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them (4368 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 5:57am On Feb 20, 2008
Blackky-----------rosie grin grin grin
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by jgirl3: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2008
Macarena!!!!!!! grin grin grin I don't remember their names sha
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by naijadiva2(f): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
dj unk, soulja boy, hurricane chris, cherish- all one hit wonders.
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mlli vanilli their whole career was a 1hit wonder?i still dey wonder how dem win grammy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Baro(m): 3:18am On Feb 21, 2008
@ Odada, have you finally decided to go with the true meaning of your thread topic angry You sound confused grin
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 12:43am On Feb 22, 2008
Baro:

@ Odada, have you finally decided to go with the true meaning of your thread topic angry You sound confused grin
yes oh!! but why are you angry/annoyed na?its not my fault the moderator refused to change it so lets just go with the flo . . .

@topic
Djineee----------Ego
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by kaydee(m): 1:14am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Odada

Oya na wink wink wink

Who Dat - J.T Money

Aiy-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya (go nutty - who dat?)
Aiy-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya (who dat? huh?)
Who dat who dat who dat who dat who dat who dat who
(who dat? who dat? who dat? who dat?)
Who dat who dat who dat tryin to get up in my crew
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by Hugoboi(m): 1:17am On Feb 22, 2008
Thong Song __ Sisqo
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2008
Jamie Foxx ft,ludacris--------Unpredictable
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by prncss(f): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2008
Paul Wall- Grillz
D4L- Laffy taffy
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2008
Cassie---------me&you undecided undecided wink wink
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2008
Vicious---------i wan' nu' gal undecided undecided
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2008
Ope---------------I Love mukinatu as. . . kiss kiss kiss (check out my write me a song thread)
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by adaone(f): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2008
odada:

Blackky-----------rosie grin grin grin

WOW, I haven't heard that song in years,
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by WarfyBoy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2008
FAZE>>>>>>>>>>>>> KOLOMENTA
FAZE LONE
TATU GIRLS

KWIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JEBELE

BLACK FACE>>>>>>>>>>> AHEAD OF D GAME

2FACE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D 1 HE FITURED D'NATIVE

J'Z >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ENCORE

ETC
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by odada(m): 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2008
Meatloaf---------Objects in a rear view mirror grin grin grin I know am going to get alot of people mad about this choice?but don't get me wrong y'all this rock band really rocks!!!I guess its because they scare the shit out of me D grin
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2008
~Let Me Love You ~Mario~I knew it was goin to b A Hit,first time i heard it grin
~All My Life ~ K-ci & Jojo
~I Dont Want To Know ~Mario Winans
~Freak N You ~Jodeci
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by benedo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2008
Na wah ooo,

we are takling of one hit wonders and i see pple like tuface, face, blacky et all on this list.

One hit wonders to the best of my knowledge means artiste who relased only one hit which was a SMASH! but subsequently faded into oblivion while not being able to maintain the tempo of their music career or match the succes of their first hit or album.

Maybe someone out there can educate me wether the meaning of one hit wonder has changed.
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2008
~Last i checked,"one hit wonders" R indeed what your knowledge of the words say!!

~Mayb if u'd read through you would ave realised the Poster's Intension was for "Instant Hits" grin Confusing for some given the Topic,but once read thru,its not so hard to figure out,me think!!

~@ Post

~PCD ~Dont Cha
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mystikal(m): 6:07pm On Mar 16, 2008
[/b]LIST OF ONE HIT WONDERS[b]

Mel C - Never be the same again
Sisqo
Amerie
Craig David
Sky B ( would surely be a one hit wonder, i even hate using the "wonder" tag for him)
Heather headley
Donnell Jones

[/b]JUST KNEW THEY'LL BE HOT[b]

TAMIA - Imagination
DBanj - the Koko
Alicia keys - Fallin'
kanye West -Through the Wire
Lil' Wayne - F**k tha World
Eminem - My name Is,
JLO - If you had my love
Usher - Nice & slow
Adele - Chasing Pavements . I think she'll be hot
Amy Winehouse _ Rehab. Think She'll be great, if drugs dont get the better of her that is
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by benedo(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2008
smiley thx @ mohawkchic, (TEACHER), lovely pix uv got on urr profile only that i cldnt see any hair on urr head wink

Thx anyway cool
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2008
~Lol benedo,you're most welcome wink TEACHER erm Not!! tongue

~There Isnt any hair on my head!!! got me a shaved head shocked grin

~@ Post

~John Legend ~Ordinary People
~Ciara ~Goodies
~Ne~Yo ~So Sick
~Beyonce~Irreplaceable
~Michael Buble~Home
~Akon~Lonely~I found it annoying at first but then i caught the bug grin
~Akon~Dont Matter
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by eldee(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
Activated. . .
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by abdurrazaq(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2008
Be without you - Mary J. Blige
Wonderful - Ja Rule ft. R. Kelly
Jaga Jaga - Eedris Abdulkareem
Confession - Usher
I wish - R. Kelly
Hips don't lie - Shakira
Foolish - Ashanti
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by crazyfunky(f): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2008
I saw someone include Donell Jones as a one hit wonder, oh helllllllllllllll no!!!! Homeboy is still doing it good, at least for his die hard fans and i can say his albums are improving, no one is just giving him the recognition he deserves
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 1:50pm On Jun 22, 2008
~Usher ~Love In This Club
~Madonna ~4 Minutes
~Coldplay~Viva La Diva
~Dancing In The Rain ~Remix
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by thando(f): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2008
thanks benedo i was thinking the same
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by baslone: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
It wont hurt if you dont make a comment.
I think a lot of people just don't understand
what a 1 hit wonder means.I'm seeing names
like Usher,Donel Jones, Tuface etc.

Na by force to make a post?

abi?!
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by MethodMan3(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2008
BLU CANTRELL-Breathe
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 2:45am On Jun 23, 2008
baslone:

It wont hurt if you don't make a comment.
I think a lot of people just don't understand
what a 1 hit wonder means.I'm seeing names
like Usher,Donel Jones, Tuface etc.

Na by force to make a post?

abi?!

~It wouldnt have hurt either if you'd Actually Read the first post of the Thread,You would have prolly figured Inspite of the Topic been[b]"One Hit Wonders",[/b]the poster actually meant "Songs you knew would be Instant Hits the first time you heard them!!!!

~@ Odada if you click on Modify on the first post you made of the thread,you can change the Title of the thread!!

~Saves People assuming some of us are just a bunch of nitwits grin
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by baslone: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
Neither the 's' nor the
first post can change what 1-Hit wonder means.
Ride on anyway,it is an opportunity to name our favourite tracks.

My buddy- G-unit
We all die some day-Obie/Shadie/G-unit
Ghetto postage-Master P
Ogogoro be like woman-Tetuila
Cos I get i.- Afroman,

the list will go on, just a minute
Re: Songs you knew would be a hit when you heard them by mohawkchic(f): 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2008
~Chris Brown ~With You
~Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown ~No Air

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South South Is Taking Over The Music Industry / Plantashun Boiz Emema / Nneka Feat. Ziggy Marley & Eeday - Express Yourself:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.