Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,639 members, 7,865,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! (3772 Views)

Christian Vs Muslim Marriage / A Christian Vs Atheist View On Abortion / Would A Formal Christian Vs Atheist Debate Make Sense In Nigeria/lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Thou shalt not judge wink

I'm not restricted by human made commandments.

I shall judge when I want to tongue
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I'm not restricted by human made commandments.

I shall judge when I want to tongue

Seems you havent read the bible smiley
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seems you havent read the bible smiley

I have. And like I said; human made.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I have. And like I said; human made.

Wait, are you a christian?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
Wait, are you a christian?

No, I dont believe in Santa Claus. wink
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

No, I dont believe in Santa Claus. wink

Then why are you hating om atheist/christian relationships?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

I'm not hating on it. I'm looking at it through a psychological spyglass.

It won't work. Our belief system or lack of it makes us who we are; our personality, the way we analyse things, the way we cope with things, the way we resolve issues, the way we cope with others, how tolerant we are or how tolerable we are etc.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 3:30am On Nov 11, 2012
It's like a criminal tying a knot with a do-gooder
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 3:44am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Why shouldn't she? She at least is diplomatic about it.

I've found this thread slightly worrying. You're soft logicboy. You think you could change the world with love?

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

You need some good blind hate in you. They are the enemy. Say this to yourself: "no prisoners."

seriously, marry a fundy?

Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

Why shouldn't she? She at least is diplomatic about it.

I've found this thread slightly worrying. You're soft logicboy. You think you could change the world with love?

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

You need some good blind hate in you. They are the enemy. Say this to yourself: "no prisoners."

seriously, marry a fundy?

Make up sex is great!
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I'm not hating on it. I'm looking at it through a psychological spyglass.

It won't work. Our belief system or lack of it makes us who we are; our personality, the way we analyse things, the way we cope with things, the way we resolve issues, the way we cope with others, how tolerant we are or how tolerable we are etc.

lol......it doesnt matter. She might change?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
lol......it doesnt matter. She might change?

One of the top relationship myths.

Why does she have to change? Why can't you?

Try this: If you don't see yourself changing to fit into her religious beliefs, don't expect her to change.

"It doesn't matter"? This is why Nigerian relationship/marriages aren't the best. They don't ficus on what they're supposed to focus on.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

One of the top relationship myths.

Why does she have to change? Why can't you?

Try this: If you don't see yourself changing to fit into her religious beliefs, don't expect her to change.

"It doesn't matter"? This is why Nigerian relationship/marriages aren't the best. They don't ficus on what they're supposed to focus on.

Who says I'm marrying a Nigerian?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Who says I'm marrying a Nigerian?

You marrying a non-Nigerian still makes it a Nigerian marriage because you're a Nigerian. But that's not the case I'm trying to make.

Nigerians, like yourself, often don't focus on what can make or break a marriage.

1 Like

Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 4:31am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Make up sex is great!

well...
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You marrying a non-Nigerian still makes it a Nigerian marriage because you're a Nigerian. But that's not the case I'm trying to make.

Nigerians, like yourself, often don't focus on what can make or break a marriage.

What makes you think I'm even considering marriage?

Just looking for a better gf
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
What makes you think I'm even considering marriage?

Just looking for a better gf

It's the same for any long-term relationship (bf/gf, marriage ec)

Eventually you're going to consider marriage and when you do, you'll have to focus on differing belief system betwen you.

And who knows, your relationship might lead to marriage.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

It's the same for any long-term relationship (bf/gf, marriage ec)

Eventually you're going to consider marriage and when you do, you'll have to focus on differing belief system betwen you.

And who knows, your relationship might lead to marriage.

Well the fact is that it can work between a christian and an atheist but i'll probably marry an atheist or buddhist.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:
Well the fact is that it can work between a christian and an atheist but i'll probably marry an atheist or buddhist.

Where are the facts?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:06am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Where are the facts?

There are atheists here with christian wives!

You choose to be ignorant about this... sad
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

There are atheists here with christian wives!

You choose to be ignorant about this... sad

How do 4 people count for billions of people?

Two couples who may even be having problems with their differences. undecided
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

How do 4 people count for billions of people?

Two couples who may even be having problems with their differences. undecided

Are you really a rational person?

Do you believe that they are the only atheist/christian couple?

Are you sure that you're not an ignorant fundamentalist?

Bill gates atheist, Melinda Gates christian
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Are you really a rational person?

Do you believe that they are the only atheist/christian couple?

Are you sure that you're not an ignorant fundamentalist?

Bill gates atheist, Melinda Gates christian

If I had believed they were the only atheist couples, I wouldn't be asking you for factual proof.

So you've listed three couples, that's not significant enough. Give me atleast 27 more. And it would be better to know the length and state of such union.

I'm rational, that's why I'm not popping off and getting angry (like you) over a simple request.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

If I had believed they were the only atheist couples, I wouldn't be asking you for factual proof.

So you've listed three couples, that's not significant enough. Give me atleast 27 more. And it would be better to know the length and state of such union.

I'm rational, that's why I'm not popping off and getting angry (like you) over a simple request.

A simple request? Do you even personally know 27 atheists?

Channeling the inner Sagamite;

You are a person......stop wasting my time and go to sleep
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by CrazyMan(m): 5:47am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03: And why would they insult me? Because of your bias?

And why wouldnt I be able to retaliate?
Let's just say the section is mainly for jokers...your thread might not fare well there....

Logicboy03: AOpposites attract? Boring doesnt mean that she cant change or we cant try to find common ground.
Am I detecting faith here......
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Let's just say the section is mainly for jokers...your thread might not fare well there....

Okay

CrazyMan:
Am I detecting faith here......

Hope cheesy
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by CrazyMan(m): 6:04am On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03: Hope cheesy
Nice to see you adopting some christian principles...you can also add to your hope prayer, patience, long suffering, tolerance and honesty...and I'm sure you'll have her for keeps.

Brotherly advice.... wink

1 Like

Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 6:13am On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Don't mind @logic joor. You still have your wits about you because you just came by now. Dare I say perhaps you should leave, for your own good. Considering the stoopid on display here at times (from all sides, even I'm guilty, but the theists will take some real catching) if you'd been here as long as he has you'd probably be a little angry as well. Plus he's not as lecherous as say me
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

Don't mind @logic joor. You still have your wits about you because you just came by now. Dare I say perhaps you should leave, for your own good. Considering the stoopid on display here at times (from all sides, even I'm guilty, but the theists will take some real catching) if you'd been here as long as he has you'd probably be a little angry as well. Plus he's not as lecherous as say me

I think you'll find that Ileke Idi is an old-timer around these parts, a real atheist (if there's such a thing), quite unlike the baby brand you guys tend to exemplify tongue
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I think you'll find that Ileke Idi is an old-timer around these parts, a real atheist (if there's such a thing), quite unlike the baby brand you guys tend to exemplify tongue

At least she's a she, yes? Wouldn't want to get that wrong

Edit: btw you've been here longer than @logic? I would have thought it was the other way round actually. I always assumed you were a new comer
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

At least she's a she, yes? Wouldn't want to get that wrong

Edit: btw you've been here longer than @logic? I would have thought it was the other way round actually. I always assumed you were a new comer

Active since June/July, definitely more a newbie in terms of duration than @(il)logicboy. But I'm far more attentive than he is, it does appear, so in that sense, he's the noob to my sage. grin
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2012
^^ and yeah, if I remember correctly, she's a she wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Hell Is Real Then Half Population Of Earth Is Doomed / Scientific Miracles In The Quran... / Strange, Unbiblical Practices By T.B Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.