Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,762 members, 7,865,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! (3774 Views)

Christian Vs Muslim Marriage / A Christian Vs Atheist View On Abortion / Would A Formal Christian Vs Atheist Debate Make Sense In Nigeria/lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Nice to see you adopting some christian principles...you can also add to your hope prayer, patience, long suffering, tolerance and honesty...and I'm sure you'll have her for keeps.

Brotherly advice.... wink

Are those christian principles or just good principles?

Think ooooo!
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi: ^^ and yeah, if I remember correctly, she's a she wink

I think she needs good christian sex. Ihe, are you up to the task?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

:X
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I think you'll find that Ileke Idi is an old-timer around these parts, a real atheist (if there's such a thing), quite unlike the baby brand you guys tend to exemplify tongue

She should understand that on this site, atheists will naturally become vexed at silly questions and requests when we get it all the time from religious people.

She was acting disingenuous by playing ignorant about atheist/christian couples
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

What's "good christian sex"?

Logicboy03:

She should understand that on this site, atheists will naturally become vexed at silly questions and requests when we get it all the time from religious people.

The bolded is even truer when it reads, "Christians will naturally become vexed at silly questions and requests when we get it all the time from atheistic people". Not that it matters much.

The fact is, Philip, your thinking is piss poor. To make the reality of God go away you really have to reason upside down and you've grown expert at it. You've become a bigot, that's why you couldn't see that she was giving you great advice. It seems that if something sounds halfway sensible philosophically, it royally pisses you off. You need to take a breather, man. Reexamine this fight of yours so that you can at least build a life even if you won't build it on God.

Try and get out of this attack mode that has you thinking everybody is a Christian especially if they even remotely disagree with you.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What's "good christian sex"?

Its the same as good sex, just with a christian on top? Or maybe you can shove a crucifix up her a... lipsrsealed

Ihedinobi:
The bolded is even truer when it reads, "Christians will naturally become vexed at silly questions and requests when we get it all the time from atheistic people". Not that it matters much.

The fact is, Philip, your thinking is piss poor. To make the reality of God go away you really have to reason upside down and you've grown expert at it. You've become a bigot, that's why you couldn't see that she was giving you great advice. It seems that if something sounds halfway sensible philosophically, it royally pisses you off. You need to take a breather, man. Reexamine this fight of yours so that you can at least build a life even if you won't build it on God.

Try and get out of this attack mode that has you thinking everybody is a Christian especially if they even remotely disagree with you.

First of all, I dont attack christians, I attack religious foolishness. Even when it is from atheists/agnostics.

Second of all, feel free to name foolish "atheist" questions while I will list the christian questions that are not only silly but bigoted with no basis in reality

-Do atheists even have any sense of morality?
-Why do atheists hate god?
-Who do atheists love Satan?
-Why are atheist so immoral?
-Is atheism the gay religion?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
@ihe
You have it twisted. He thinks he can reason with xtians, and is annoyed people cannot see past their differences. That's not bigotry.

I, on the other hand, think there's no such thing as reasoning with you 'people'. If there were, like House says, then you wouldn't be religious. That's bigotry (castigating all y'all). Frankly, I think him naïve
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf: @ihe
You have it twisted. He thinks he can reason with xtians, and is annoyed people cannot see past their differences. That's not bigotry.

I, on the other hand, think there's no such thing as reasoning with you 'people'. If there were, like House says, then you wouldn't be religious. That's bigotry (castigating all y'all). Frankly, I think him naïve

Wiegraff, I understand your position but the christians can use it against you. I remember watching a video where an atheist was debating with christians and he was making a lot of logical points against christianity. While he was doing it, a little girl was tugging him. The atheist gently pushed the girl to the other side and continued.

Guess what? The christians ignored all his logical points and then focused on the atheists actions that atheists are immoral and heartless like Stalin- the atheists dont care abourt little girls. Atheists dont believe in god or anything like love.

angry angry angry angry
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Its the same as good sex, just with a christian on top? Or maybe you can shove a crucifix up her a... lipsrsealed

Hmmmm . . . curious kind of thing. Reminds me of such strange creatures as Anubis. I half-wondered if you were indicating that she might become a Christian and marry me. That's the only way I see her getting "good christian sex" from me. I mean, there needs to be a Christian under too and they both have to be married for it to be "good christian sex". cheesy

First of all, I dont attack christians, I attack religious foolishness. Even when it is from atheists/agnostics.

Second of all, feel free to name foolish "atheist" questions while I will list the christian questions that are not only silly but bigoted with no basis in reality

-Do atheists even have any sense of morality?
-Why do atheists hate god?
-Who do atheists love Satan?
-Why are atheist so immoral?
-Is atheism the gay religion?

Ah well, I'd rather give up right now than start an unending battle of silly questions grin

Anyhow, it's cool. You keep fighting the "good" fight then smiley
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Hmmmm . . . curious kind of thing. Reminds me of such strange creatures as Anubis. I half-wondered if you were indicating that she might become a Christian and marry me. That's the only way I see her getting "good christian sex" from me. I mean, there needs to be a Christian under too and they both have to be married for it to be "good christian sex". cheesy

Ah well, I'd rather give up right now than start an unending battle of silly questions grin

Anyhow, it's cool. You keep fighting the "good" fight then smiley

Must you marry a christian?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

You claimed that Christians and Atheist can have a beneficial, rewarding and lasting relationship together. I didn't disagree with you, I only asked you to give m factual evidence that can back up your claim.

Knowing what I know about relationships, if two people are not compatible in their general and personal compatibility, it won't work. Opposite do not attract, and if it does, it attracts for a small length of time.
Research has shown that the most stable (not happy, because marriage does not increase one's happiness(also proven) relationships are ones where both parties have similar personalities and goals.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
And how did this thread turn to sexxx?

Oh the mind of men
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf: @ihe

You might as well have been talking about me. Nairaland was my first real experience arguing across philosophies and I had quite a bit of respect for anyone who questioned traditions in order to establish their validity. I assumed atheists in one way or another fit in that group. It was a bad shock for me to realize how dense some (just being polite wink it's more like "all" ) of you could be.

Naive was me. I don't know about logicboy. Anyhow, I actually care very little now what anyone wants to believe/disbelieve until I see a real intellectual argument for or against a philosophy.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Must you marry a christian?

Geeee! That's like asking, "must you breathe oxygen?" HELL TO THE YEAH. I do love Life, you know. Got no time for misery.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Geeee! That's like asking, "must you breathe oxygen?" HELL TO THE YEAH. I do love Life, you know. Got no time for misery.

That's kinda ironic because if we should simplify Christianity to it's basic units, we'll find that misery is its foundation.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
And how did this thread turn to sexxx?

Oh the mind of men

hehehehehehehehe..............
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

That's kinda ironic because if we should simplify Christianity to it's basic units, we'll find that misery is its foundation.

Ok. How about you show me why you think so? smiley
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You claimed that Christians and Atheist can have a beneficial, rewarding and lasting relationship together. I didn't disagree with you, I only asked you to give m factual evidence that can back up your claim.

Knowing what I know about relationships, if two people are not compatible in their general and personal compatibility, it won't work. Opposite do not attract, and if it does, it attracts for a small length of time.
Research has shown that the most stable (not happy, because marriage does not increase one's happiness(also proven) relationships are ones where both parties have similar personalities and goals.

I gave you one clear undeniable example of bill gates and his wife.

You have bought this idea that religion is always a part of compatibility but there are so many inter-religious marriages that your point is moot. There is very little difference between a cultural christian and an atheist.

Scientific studies will only show you that some types of marriages fail more than the others but the fact remains that any type of marriage can fail or succeed.

Furthermore, dont let your fear of religion stop you from finding love. I know, for an atheist woman, a religious man expecially christian or muslim is mostly dangerous because their religions tell them to be dominant over women in religious and house matters.

However, it is the personality and not the religion that matters. I know many christains in the UK who are cultural christians who dont even mind participating in hindu festivals and even some married Asian girls
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wiegraff, I understand your position but the christians can use it against you. I remember watching a video where an atheist was debating with christians and he was making a lot of logical points against christianity. While he was doing it, a little girl was tugging him. The atheist gently pushed the girl to the other side and continued.

Guess what? The christians ignored all his logical points and then focused on the atheists actions that atheists are immoral and heartless like Stalin- the atheists dont care abourt little girls. Atheists dont believe in god or anything like love.

angry angry angry angry

Not arguing with most of that. I lack the patience to be diplomatic if I sense someone being lazy with their heads, among other things

EDITED: thought I was answering @ihe

I've walked into a zenith branch only to have the cashier point out to me I had a uba cheque on me. In my defense, they're both red. So yeah, I can be absent minded
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

You have bought this idea that religion is always a part of compatibility but there are so many inter-religious marriages that your point is moot. There is very little difference between a cultural christian and an atheist.

Scientific studies will only show you that some types of marriages fail more than the others but the fact remains that any type of marriage can fail or succeed.

Furthermore, dont let your fear of religion stop you from finding love. I know, for an atheist woman, a religious man expecially christian or muslim is mostly dangerous because their religions tell them to be dominant over women in religious and house matters.

However, it is the personality and not the religion that matters. I know many christains in the UK who are cultural christians who dont even mind participating in hindu festivals and even some married Asian girls

What's a cultural christian?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

True, you gave me one clear example, but one is not significant enough. You said there were many more, but you can't bother to give me atleast 10 other examples.

If Religion is a dogma by which people live their life, how can you say it's not significant? If your Christian girlfriend finds the way you live your life a contradictory of the way her Bible told her to live hers, do you think she wouldn't try to get you to renounce your atheism and join her religion? On whose discipline will your child be brought up?

A woman who seeks the pleasure of high heavens would not let her chance be taken away by a man who makes her act "irresponsible", according to her religion.

If your christian GF is like one of those fake-fake born-again-agains, and doesn't 't follow the scriptures, then you're fine. But if she's an uptight Christian, then forget it.

This is not about me finding love lol. I have found one smiley With lack of religion cheesy

Religion has a huge impact on personality. I can go deeply into their association (with factual evidence) if you want.

Open-mindedness might explain why your Atheist friends married Christians.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

Not arguing with most of that. Just pointing out you probably misunderstand him. It's not bigotry driving him, it's more like those disgusting things you xtians pretend to like, hope, love etc.

Gross

Alright smiley

I'm curious though, what disgusting things do you mean?
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

True, you gave me one clear example, but one is not significant enough. You said there were many more, but you can't bother to give me atleast 10 other examples.

If Religion is a dogma by which people live their life, how can you say it's not significant? If your Christian girlfriend finds the way you live your life a contradictory of the way her Bible told her to live hers, do you think she wouldn't try to get you to renounce your atheism and join her religion? On whose discipline will your child be brought up?

A woman who seeks the pleasure of high heavens would not let her chance be taken away by a man who makes her act "irresponsible", according to her religion.

If your christian GF is like one of those fake-fake born-again-agains, and doesn't 't follow the scriptures, then you're fine. But if she's an uptight Christian, then forget it.

This is not about me finding love lol. I have found one smiley With lack of religion cheesy

Religion has a huge impact on personality. I can go deeply into their association (with factual evidence) if you want.

Open-mindedness might explain why your Atheist friends married Christians.

This reads about right
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What's a cultural christian?

A Nigerian is a cultural Christian. Our name, our identity is religious.

Religion has been thrust upon us before we were born. It is not by our choice, but by our parent's choice that we identity with a religion. It has become our identity.

My name means "God is worthy to be praised" angry Can you imagine. How can I explain to people that I'm an atheist when they ask me for the meaning of my name.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Alright smiley

I'm curious though, what disgusting things do you mean?

The love, hope etc. cheesy

Edit: hahahahhahaha oops. My last reply I thought I was responding you @ihe, not @logic. My bad, fixing it
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

A Nigerian is a cultural Christian. Our name, our identity is religious.

Religion has been thrust upon us before we were born. It is not by our choice, but by our parent's choice that we identity with a religion. It has become our identity.

My name means "God is worthy to be praised" angry Can you imagine. How can I explain to people that I'm an atheist when they ask me for the meaning of my name.

Oh that. Funny. I only began to gladly bear the name of Christian after I got saved nealy six years ago. I guess I was a "cultural christian" up till then. Terrible experience "cultural christianity" was. Don't miss it one bit.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
wiegraf:

The love, hope etc. cheesy
Or are you being sarcastic? I sometimes miss this things....

Edit: hahahahhahaha oops. My last reply I thought I was responding @ihe, not you @logic. My bad, fixing it

Sorry. It wasn't clear to me those were what you meant smiley
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Oh that. Funny. I only began to gladly bear the name of Christian after I got saved nealy six years ago. I guess I was a "cultural christian" up till then. Terrible experience "cultural christianity" was. Don't miss it one bit.

Lol @ my explanation of cultural christian and your sarcastic post. My explanation might differ from Logic's explanation, so wait for his.

I'm glad that you feel saved and that you had a choice in it. We all reach our spirituality through different wavelength, religion is not the only way.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Lol @ my explanation of cultural christian and your sarcastic post. My explanation might differ from Logic's explanation, so wait for his.

I'm glad that you feel saved and that you had a choice in it. We all reach our spirituality through different wavelength, religion is not the only way.

Seriously, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. And I didn't say anything about feelings. It's cool anyway. Your definition made sense to me. It's just that I have a natural revulsion for any need to qualify Christianity. That's why I sounded the way I did. I think one's either a Christian or not one, once there is qualification - "good", "bad", "born-again", "Spirit-filled", "Spirit-led", "cultural" bla bla bla - it becomes nonsense.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by wiegraf: 6:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Cultural jews to put it in perspective. They'll follow all the rituals and what not but ask them if they really believe in any of it and they may even laugh at you. They just follow the traditions for fun, or they like certain aspects, etc.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
A cultural christian is a christian in name only. The cultural christian hardly goes to church. A cultural christian doesnt enforce his religion on others.

Think of Obama.
Re: Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
Logicboy03: A cultural christian is a christian in name only. The cultural christian hardly goes to church. A cultural christian doesnt enforce his religion on others.

Think of Obama.

Pretty much the same as Ileke-Idi said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gospel Faith Mission International. Prophecy For The New Year & Victory Month / Facts That Stand Against Evolution / Is The Rapture/end Times Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.