Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor (18780 Views)

Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / Video: D’banj – Extraordinary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Thok(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2012
Ikengawo: Let's stop celebrating mediocricy.
The song was trash, has no point and is not memorable or noteworthy
the video is only shot with a standard 2012 HD camera, that doesn't make it quality, there are youtube videos with the same resolution so don't be wow'd by shininess. Look at the details. The woman 'smashes' the TV but they use a cheap CGI 'glass break' effect because they couldn't afford to smash an actual TV.
the woman 'smashes' the car window and it's the same thing. Mind you it's all completely pointless so you can't say the video was 'quality' there was nothing special about it.

The only reason I would say any of these things is because im worried at the level of 'america wanna-be' the nigerian music and movie industry is taking. We were able to be #1 in africa because for the first time we were showing the world africa. I don't think there has been a video shot in africa this year and the enthuasiasm for the music and movies are dying because instead of being africa we've become the cheap version of America. Sad thing is now we appeal neither to americans or nigerians. I hope this is just a foolish trend. These artists are getting arrogant and thinking anything they put out is gold. If you look at this years biggest hits

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

they still sounded very african, looked african, and used africans as the stars of the video.
This is a disappointment.
bros,abeg criticize small small.. @least, e no easy nah.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by hassymo5(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2012
no dey fill dbanj again ever since he broke
up with Don jazzy... All dey tracks he
release are trash.....i used to remember
his tracks with jazzy
fall in love
pere felifeli
scapegoat
tongolo
why me
igwe
oliver twist (best song that made him who he was now and was produced by
jazzy)
close to you
dis is just to mention a few!!
but now all his songs are nonsense!!!!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2012
i am praying real real hard that dbanj doesn't include this track in his next coming album ,i hope God hears my prayers. this song is is is is ..............'infact iit is simply undbanjing

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by DSB(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2012
i dont know wat u guys are all about...for me the song is okay...Jazzy is gone ...so quit all these he's beta or worse off without DOn baba J

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by hassymo5(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2012
DSB: i dont know wat u guys are all about...for me the song is okay...Jazzy is gone ...so quit all these he's beta or worse off without DOn baba J

may be u forgot jazzy still around (Mavins record) !!! Creating beats for dose that want, just like he did for dbanj

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by maninmood(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2012
the video is only shot with a standard 2012 HD camera, that doesn't make it quality, there are youtube videos with the same resolution so don't be wow'd by shininess. Look at the details. The woman 'smashes' the TV but they use a cheap CGI 'glass break' effect because they couldn't afford to smash an actual TV.
the woman 'smashes' the car window and it's the same thing. Mind you it's all completely pointless so you can't say the video was 'quality' there was nothing special about it.

The only reason I would say any of these things is because im worried at the level of 'america wanna-be' the nigerian music and movie industry is taking. We were able to be #1 in africa because for the first time we were showing the world africa. I don't think there has been a video shot in africa this year and the enthuasiasm for the music and movies are dying because instead of being africa we've become the cheap version of America. Sad thing is now we appeal neither to americans or nigerians. I hope this is just a foolish trend. These artists are getting arrogant and thinking anything they put out is gold. If you look at this years biggest hits

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

they still sounded very african, looked african, and used africans as the stars of the video.

Cheap hater you are! If he was Igbo, what would be your response?

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by aieromon(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2012
Is this a freestyle or a finished product?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2012
Dbanj has to look for other ways of making money cuz as far as music goes, that dude seems to be having troubles getting over the Don Jazzy split.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by feyifassy: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Nice song! This is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adenike3: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2012
embarassedWack! Wack! Wack!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by pappilo(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2012
If God wan make you big, im go make you big. This guy has absolutely no voice or lyrics yet he is (maybe was) one of the biggest artistes to come out of Naija..... No be God?!

This song na 1/10.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by trainingict: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2012
All those comments are just what they feel about Dbanj. That does not stop millions of his admirers from appreciating him. They may hate him. If this type of comments are made on their favourites, some of them will term it tribal sentiments as it is always the case here especially by those people - we know them
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by lat4real: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2012

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

okay. I don't want to celebrate mediocricy, oya give me the best asap...
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by lat4real: 10:28am On Nov 10, 2012

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

okay. I don't want to celebrate mediocricy, oya give me the best asap...
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2012
trainingict: All those comments are just what they feel about Dbanj. That does not stop millions of his admirers from appreciating him. They may hate him. If this type of comments are made on their favourites, some of them will term it tribal sentiments as it is always the case here especially by those people - we know them
my guy u seem to be getting the whole drift wrong , i accept the fact that dbanj has many haters but his current level of music is doing nothing to silence his critics if anything his songs seem to be like a prophesy been fulfilled by his haters , the only way to silence ur critics is to prove them wrong by doing what they say you cant do and even better,i am neither for dbanj or don jazzy , i simply follow good music and if this song is to be rated i think it is far far far below average.the beats are good and to be realistic even oyato is a better song than this one .his duet with iyanya is making waves and from Nigeria to as far as Trinidad everyone acknowledges the fact that he is good but this song is not all that good . he needs to get a very very very good song writer to help him out
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by dabrake(m): 10:51am On Nov 10, 2012
hassymo5: no dey fill dbanj again ever since he broke up with Don jazzy... All dey tracks he release are trash.....i used to remember his tracks with jazzy
fall in love
pere
felifeli
scapegoat
tongolo
why me
igwe
oliver twist (best song that made him who he was now and was produced by jazzy)
close to you
dis is just to mention a few!!
but now all his songs are nonsense!!!!
i still listen to suddenly. . . D'Banj, d'banj, d'banj. How many times did I call you? Your track is whack. .
Diluting my eardrum with cowbell oyoyo
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Ejine(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2012
gidiMonsta: I like the song, probably not gonna be a hit but its one that will be on rotation for a long time, especially on my playlist. Good one Dapo. smiley

Like Oyato shebi?
Bloody voltron.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by waledoy(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2012
nice video...cool song! I like it.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by ajetunblog(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2012
Music Review: “Bachelor” by D’banj

From Ajetun blog reader

I want you guys to talk to D’banj,tell him to try and work harder on his career or else he will see it washing down the toilet.

He wont reply to criticism,he only reply to praises and as much as i don't want to critisize him on his hard works.

I haven't feel good about all his recent musics.The new video only have good quality pictures but the directing,concept and the song isn't the type i know D’banj for and i don't know if it can be widely accepted in Naija/Africa except his very loyal fans.

That oyato song,i love the gan gan (yoruba drum ) beats inside but his own part to the songs are not well arranged and the song lasted only 2min plus,same thing with this bachelor too

He is trying to make sure his music is appealing to both african and his american/oyinbo audience but i believe if he keep to his naija/african style song,he can still win the oyinbo audience.

See spanish musics.they sing their style and people all over the world dance to it even though we dont understand their language.

I am now just seeing stuff from Don jazzy point of view...I mean there was a day Don Jazzy said "he prefer to be a dog in Nigeria than a lion in the America" and he still said "he was not a priority on kanye west book" so why wasting time with him.

Before,i thought Don jazzy dey find favor ni..but now i dey see that dbanj seriously need to relocate back to Nigeria and start making his old music.

I was really ashamed to hear this bachelor song but to be honest,i didn't expect such song from D’banj,especially at this stage of his career

I tried to like that bachelor song so i can download,but no way....the thing dey sound bad for my ear.

Source : http://ajetun..com

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by TableLeg(m): 11:18am On Nov 10, 2012
Dbanj is 'dead'
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Abagworo(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2012
I thought he'd follow the path of "Oliver Twist" but it seems his career is about to expire. A lot of funds has been wasted on good videos with bad songs like "Mr endowed" 1 and 2 plus this "Bachelor".
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2012

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

you are a troglodyte......
i bet you are one of those animals feeding off don jazzie to write nonsense about d'banj - your stupidity knows no bounds - d'banj cannot continue with the concept in the old videos....his fanbase has now stretched beyond the shores of africa and there must be a balance....he cannot be too afrocentric!

a dolt like you who has never achieved anything meaningful in your life should not be running another down. it's only a music video - not your superstory....music videos do not have to make sense - it's often abstract! as far as i am concerned, the song is superb and the video is top drawer. if you are not impressed, sell your father's house and go make your own! d'banj is doing nigeria proud and he's here to stay!

6 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2012
Okay
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Abagworo(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2012
I thought he'd follow the path of "Oliver Twist" but it seems his career is about to expire. A lot of funds has been wasted on good videos with bad songs like "Mr endowed" 1 and 2 plus this "Bachelor".
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Abagworo:

nostradamus - the man who knows tomorrow!!
if you spend half of the time you use online to criticise nigerian musicians on bettering yourself, you would be more famous than d'banj! talking about career, do you have one?

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Ejine(m): 11:43am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

nostradamus - the man who knows tomorrow!!
if you spend half of the time you use online to criticise nigerian musicians on bettering yourself, you would be more famous than d'banj! talking about career, do you have one?

Coogar, you're the ghostwriter of the song, aren't you? Don't lie! grin
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2012
Ejiné:
Coogar, you're the ghostwriter of the song, aren't you? Don't lie! grin

i have only seen d'banj once in my entire life - nottinghill carnival about 8 yrs ago!

i don't particularly like his type of music but he's nigerian and he should be supported. nigerians are beginning to put tribal bias in their music review. ever since the split between d'banj and don jazzie, their fans have been divided! igbos support don jazzie, yorubas support d'banj! must we tribalise everything in nigeria? d'banj is special, don jazzie is important.......they all need the support of nigerians! we should stop putting one down for another!

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by deenee: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2012
When I posted this, some people said that I was a prophet of doom and now it is fast becoming a reality. Very soon dbanj will release an album filled with just animal sounds and we will call it a "club banger"

We need to stop celebrating mediocrity. The song is wack simple and short!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 11:57am On Nov 10, 2012
deenee: When I posted this, some people said that I was a prophet of doom and now it is fast becoming a reality. Very soon dbanj will release an album filled with just animal sounds and we will call it a "club banger"

We need to stop celebrating mediocrity. The song is wack simple and short!

go and make your own song if its wack.......
it's not like you would buy the original copy even if its not wack - so how are you relevant to the fans d'banj caters for?
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by KINGwax(m): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
He doesn't even have your time
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

go and make your own song if its wack.......
it's not like you would buy the original copy even if its not wack - so how are you relevant to the fans d'banj caters for?
Thank you my brother for dishing it out to them hot and fast...Most Nigerians are so wicked and heartless that they can do anything to bring down their fellow compatriot.Its really sad....No wonder the country is not moving forward.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Scissorshand(m): 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dreyl: what is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy,u got me cracking real good.
It's official,D'b ang has become a used-to-be.Someone should tell him to save his hard earned money.VERDICT: This track is wack.Negro, puleeaassssee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkids ‘Ghetto Love’ Debuts At No.1 On Itunes & Apple Music / The Top Thirty Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2022 / B O C Madaki - Allah Ya Tsare (complete Album)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.