Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor (18969 Views)

Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / Video: D’banj – Extraordinary (2) (3) (4)

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by kamalydeen(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ikengawo: Let's stop celebrating mediocricy.
The song was trash, has no point and is not memorable or noteworthy
the video is only shot with a standard 2012 HD camera, that doesn't make it quality, there are youtube videos with the same resolution so don't be wow'd by shininess. Look at the details. The woman 'smashes' the TV but they use a cheap CGI 'glass break' effect because they couldn't afford to smash an actual TV.
the woman 'smashes' the car window and it's the same thing. Mind you it's all completely pointless so you can't say the video was 'quality' there was nothing special about it.

The only reason I would say any of these things is because im worried at the level of 'america wanna-be' the nigerian music and movie industry is taking. We were able to be #1 in africa because for the first time we were showing the world africa. I don't think there has been a video shot in africa this year and the enthuasiasm for the music and movies are dying because instead of being africa we've become the cheap version of America. Sad thing is now we appeal neither to americans or nigerians. I hope this is just a foolish trend. These artists are getting arrogant and thinking anything they put out is gold. If you look at this years biggest hits

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

they still sounded very african, looked african, and used africans as the stars of the video.
This is a disappointment.

Mr or miss whateva..... Why d complain if no job go and sweep cemetery

ha ha i tyire for all this bad belle people.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
the voice is still there , all he needs is to do is to get a very good song writer , jsleek will do the rest for him ,
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by donwilz(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
Thank you my brother for dishing it out to them hot and fast...Most Nigerians are so wicked and heartless that they can do anything to bring down their fellow compatriot.Its really sad....No wonder the country is not moving forward.
It's never about tribalism or anything... This is below par!!! He used to be better than this.. and pls, don't tell me to do mine before i judge...I'm a medical student, that is what i'm good at... he is a musician, he should be good at that.. Can you seriously tell me that this is good for your ears? bias aside, he should step up... this is not our d'banj.. this is all noise and no end product...It's an insult to the audience... You don't churn out nonsense and force it down our throats ... Still appreciate his hustle... undecided

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
donwilz: It's never about tribalism or anything... This is below par!!! He used to be better than this.. and pls, don't tell me to do mine before i judge...I'm a medical student, that is what i'm good at... he is a musician, he should be good at that.. Can you seriously tell me that this is good for your ears? bias aside, he should step up... this is not our d'banj.. this is all noise and no end product...It's an insult to the audience... You don't churn out nonsense and force it down our throats ... Still appreciate his hustle... undecided

ppl always term any criticism of dbanj and his music as been hatred for the guy but his fans must understand that not all dbanj critics are his haters,we judge what we hear but if his fans like it like this song and see nothing bad in it then no problem

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Parosho(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

i have only seen d'banj once in my entire life - nottinghill carnival about 8 yrs ago!

i don't particularly like his type of music but he's nigerian and he should be supported. nigerians are beginning to put tribal bias in their music review. ever since the split between d'banj and don jazzie, their fans have been divided! igbos support don jazzie, yorubas support d'banj! must we tribalise everything in nigeria? d'banj is special, don jazzie is important.......they all need the support of nigerians! we should stop putting one down for another!

@coogar, I don't think this is all about being from a particular tribe or not. For instance, I am a yoruba infact from Ogun state as dbanj but truth must be said. Most of the songs dbanj has been chunning out in recent time are just kinda below par. When the music is good, you will surely see majority of the peeps giving it positive review, but once majority of the reviews are saying otherwise then you sure know the song could truly be below par.
As much as we all often appreciate 2face's music, he still gets criticised once in a while and that doesn't mean those critics of his music are haters.
I wish all good musical artists out there the very best.

Rasheed.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by ayox2003: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nigerians are just too illogical.

Do u expect D'banj to sing Kukere at this stage?

This song may not be a hit track but its okay.

If 2chainz of Good Music could sing as good as this, his fanbase would be double by now.

Appreciate what you have.

Frawzey

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by naturalwaves: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
When D'banj won MOBO awards recently, he got like 58 comments in 4 days with only about 30 being congratulatory messages. They claim not to be haters but they always turn blind eyes to success stories and wait by the sidelines to spew trash at the slightest available chance like this fo.ool below

Ikengawo: Let's stop celebrating mediocricy.
First and foremost, there is nothing like " mediocricy" except if you meant to say "mediocrity". A link for a song was created, no one is celebrating anything and no one asked you to celebrate a single so what is your point? undecided

Ikengawo: The song was trash, has no point and is not memorable or noteworthy
the video is only shot with a standard 2012 HD camera, that doesn't make it quality, there are youtube videos with the same resolution so don't be wow'd by shininess. Look at the details. The woman 'smashes' the TV but they use a cheap CGI 'glass break' effect because they couldn't afford to smash an actual TV.
the woman 'smashes' the car window and it's the same thing. Mind you it's all completely pointless so you can't say the video was 'quality' there was nothing special about it.

Why are you so obsessed so much with D'banj such that you analyse everything that comes from him critically. You even went as far as analysing a video. Is that how you analyse every video critically? No, of course or paste a link where you critised such in the past. Your prejudice did not even allow you see anything good in the video. You need to get a cure cos this hatred has gotten into your blood Odeisteen!

Ikengawo: If you look at this years biggest hits

Kukere
Ile Ijo
Chop My Money
Pakuromo
Dami Duro
Nwa Baby

Even if D'banj had sang any of those songs, you haters will still criticize him for making noise and lacking depth. Is it the same KUKERE that has 'Yan yan yan yan, kukere kukere oh yan yan yan yan yan kukere kukere...I get moni o kukere kukere kukere' etc you are referring to? AND Ile Ijo with it's 'As a sure boy, I go dey tungban gban tungban gban nile ijo and some senseless lines' or Dami Duro by Davido that is regarded as noise by haters too. Imagine all these coming from Dbanj and imagine the height of critism it's gonna get.Haters will always be haters.

Ikengawo: they still sounded very african, looked african, and used africans as the stars of the video.
This is a disappointment.

Let me remind you that D'banj has got nothing to prove to anyone again having risen to a great height in his career with an excellent consistency in 8 years. He owes you no explanation for whatever he does. If you don't like his music, go listen to others. It is as simple as that so, get that into your light skull.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Parosho:

@coogar, I don't think this is all about being from a particular tribe or not. For instance, I am a yoruba infact from Ogun state as dbanj but truth must be said. Most of the songs dbanj has been chunning out in recent time are just kinda below par. When the music is good, you will surely see majority of the peeps giving it positive review, but once majority of the reviews are saying otherwise then you sure know the song could truly be below par.

levels don change - his music has evolved.....it's no longer afrocentric like "koko music". he now caters for a variety of other music fans so there must be a balance! remember - he's no longer independent - his bosses must have an influence on how they want his music to sound. the real target here is the sales not necessarily entertainment factor! personally, i don't see any difference between this new song and mr endowed!

As much as we all often appreciate 2face's music, he still gets criticised once in a while and that doesn't mean those critics of his music are haters.
I wish all good musical artists out there the very best.
Rasheed.

what's the difference between "bachelor" and "mr endowed"?
it's all in the mind - d'banj is no longer with don jazzie - everyone is eager and nervous to see how he fares on his own so we start looking for the difference instead of enjoying his music. if d'banj did this same song while he was still with don jazzie, people would rate it as world class!

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
onatisi:

ppl always term any criticism of dbanj and his music as been hatred for the guy but his fans must understand that not all dbanj critics are his haters,we judge what we hear but if his fans like it like this song and see nothing bad in it then no problem
Then why the shout of Don J this Don J that?! If he's so flawless why I never hear any hit song from Mavin Crew?!...One idiot said his career has expired,which kain talk be that? Na wa for una oh!

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by abiL(f): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Meh meh meh!!

The video is good, but the song ain't doing it for me.

It's like having rice with no stew.

Bland!

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by abysirius(m): 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

you are a troglodyte......
i bet you are one of those animals feeding off don jazzie to write nonsense about d'banj - your stupidity knows no bounds - d'banj cannot continue with the concept in the old videos....his fanbase has now stretched beyond the shores of africa and there must be a balance....he cannot be too afrocentric!

a dolt like you who has never achieved anything meaningful in your life should not be running another down. it's only a music video - not your superstory....music videos do not have to make sense - it's often abstract! as far as i am concerned, the song is superb and the video is top drawer. if you are not impressed, sell your father's house and go make your own! d'banj is doing nigeria proud and he's here to stay!
Thumb up 4 u! In fact, u're on point. I don't know what people want. I've listened to this song just twice and honestly I luv d song. More grace 4 u @iamdbanj
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by bashr8: 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
actually i like the beat ,afro funky beat . not bad and definitely adding it to my play list but the video is the same ol thing, big houses, flashy cars ,half naked mixed race women doing nothing exactly undecided
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
Then why the shout of Don J this Don J that?! If he's so flawless why I never hear any hit song from Mavin Crew?!...One idiot said his career has expired,which kain talk be that? Na wa for una oh!

nigerians would run their mouths at every given opportunity.......
don jazzie should be glad he met d'banj in 2004 - d'banj added gloss to don jazzie's life when don jazzie became jobless in london!

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
donwilz: It's never about tribalism or anything... This is below par!!! He used to be better than this.. and pls, don't tell me to do mine before i judge...I'm a medical student, that is what i'm good at... he is a musician, he should be good at that.. Can you seriously tell me that this is good for your ears? bias aside, he should step up... this is not our d'banj.. this is all noise and no end product...It's an insult to the audience... You don't churn out nonsense and force it down our throats ... Still appreciate his hustle... undecided
No vex!...But Dbanj no force you to buy nor listen to his music na! Thank God you are a medical student and I'm waiting for the medical feat you are going to achieve in the nearest future.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by naturalwaves: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
Thank you my brother for dishing it out to them hot and fast...Most Nigerians are so wicked and heartless that they can do anything to bring down their fellow compatriot.Its really sad....No wonder the country is not moving forward.

Exactly! A Proof of your point happened after he won MOBO. They avoided that thread like a plague cos it was a shocker to them.The thread only got about 50+ comments. Some people even said MOBO award is useless bla bla bla but when it comes to bringing someone's name down, they are good at it.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL: Meh meh meh!!
The video is good, but the song ain't doing it for me.

It's like having rice with no stew.

Bland!

.......or garri without sugar!
abil, use some mouthwash so you can savour the real taste - there's stew beneath that rice!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by charlesopp(m): 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nothing is wrong with dis song, jus the normal dbanj style..lik som1 said its more like endowed ..y'all should notice dat dbanj songs are items dat doesn't wow you on 1st encounter..leave eja alone, if you dnt lik him..go die

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by abysirius(m): 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
IfGodbeforus...God don bless Dbanj o...what can u do about it?
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by donwilz(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
No vex!...But Dbanj no force you to buy nor listen to his music na! Thank God you are a medical student and I'm waiting for the medical feat you are going to achieve in the nearest future.
Reason with your head... not with your heart... you guys are taking it personal... you no like D'banj pass me... but you my friend is being unreasonable...#nopunintended ... I criticized the song... not the person...
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

abil, use some mouthwash so you can savour the real taste - there's stew beneath that rice!
Lol!...O'l boy,u too funny...laff wan tear my belle o!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by queensmith: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
am i the only one that thinks this song is incredibly stupid? I think the more he tries to sing the worse his songs are, he should stick to frequently shouting nonsense between verses,
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
donwilz: Reason with your head... not with your heart... you guys are taking it personal... you no like D'banj pass me... but you my friend is being unreasonable...#nopunintended ... I criticized the song... not the person...

my brother, you are entitled to your opinion but don't abuse the privilege....
if you like mr endowed then there's no reason not to like this one - it's the same concept and that is d'banj's signature. however, if you never liked mr endowed - then you were never a fan of d'banj before and now so his style of music does not suit you.....find another artiste that suits your style. let me suggest baba fryo, daddy showkey or eedris!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
donwilz: Reason with your head... not with your heart... you guys are taking it personal... you no like D'banj pass me... but you my friend is being unreasonable...#nopunintended ... I criticized the song... not the person...
If you like abuse my papa...That won't stop me from waiting for the feat you are going to achieve when you are through with your TONGOLO medical school!

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by donwilz(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

if you like mr endowed then there's no reason not to like this one - it's the same concept and that is d'banj's signature. however, if you never liked mr endowed - then you were never a fan of d'banj before and now so his style of music does not suit you.....find another artiste that suits your style. let me suggest baba fryo, daddy showkey or eedris!
point taken.. thanks for the good advice... grin
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by adelaja70(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

No mind the yeye people....Ask them what they have achieved with their sorry life,most of them go dey stammer.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by donwilz(m): 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
If you like abuse my papa...That won't stop me from waiting for the feat you are going to achieve when you are through with your TONGOLO medical school!
i pity u
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by donwilz(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
adelaja70:
No mind the yeye people....Ask them what they have achieved with their sorry life,most of them go dey stammer.
You are deviating from the main issue here... Is this song good enough for you? if yes, it's your opinion... good for you... but i'm entitled to mine... don't forget that...most of Nigerian musicians release crap... this song too. don't be immature by talking about achievements.. think with your head... if you are sure u got one...

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by abiL(f): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

I have and it's still bland.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
donwilz: You are deviating from the main issue here... Is this song good enough for you? if yes, it's your opinion... good for you... but i'm entitled to mine... don't forget that...most of Nigerian musician release crap... this song too. don't be immature by talking about achievements.. think with your head... if you are sure u got one...

very good point!
this is why i said the criticism on these pages is a witch-hunt!
99% of the music released in that industry is wack - i don't particularly like d'banj's music but for people to claim he has deteriorated is a white elephant lie.....this has always been his style - don jazzie or no don jazzie!

abiL:
I have and it's still bland.

your mouthwash has expired then - maybe you should french-kiss your partner and have another taste of this rice of yours - there's a stew underneath, i reiterate!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Bodmas06: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Thumb up dbanj.my advice for de haters:
(1) Get it right nw he wil neva reconcile with ur don jazzy.
(2) Whatever he sings we fans we buy,download it dats y we are die hard fans
(3) Therefore take a trip to ALUU town steal a laptop.we all knw what we hapen to you.or better stil take okada to Alausa to complain.
Bunch of mumu people.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by naturalwaves: 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
queensmith: am i the only one that thinks this song is incredibly stupid? I think the more he tries to sing the worse his songs are, he should stick to frequently shouting nonsense between verses,

Do you mean the same nonsense that has won him the best of all the awards in Africa? If that is your definition of nonsense then other Artistes should start singing nonsense too.

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by sojopikin: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
dnt even knw wat d guy is sayin...mttcccceeww

B O C Madaki - Allah Ya Tsare (complete Album) / Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / 2pac: A Perfect Example of Hiphop's Exaggerated Gangsterism??

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75