Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor (18779 Views)

Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / Video: D’banj – Extraordinary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by hallmark77: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
The video and content of the song is Classic!I am talking of global big boys standard!You have to say the truth.Nice one and keep it up!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by markovnikoff001(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
...three videos were posted about the same time range: Jaye-L.A.X. ft Ice Price; Number One-Jaye and D.J. Caise; and Bachelor-D'Banj...The first video received mostly lukewarm comments, the second got accolades while the third was flayed and taken apart...comments on the first two videos do not make up more than a single page, comments on D'Banj's Bachelor is currently on the third page, any reason why that is so?

Most of you have got nothing but harsh criticisms for the Bachelor song and video and rush here to make your opinions heard. Ever heard of the saying "no publicity is bad pubilicity" infact the only bad publicity is no publicity. So as long as y'all keep talking about him, you are all just going to keep making him more popular and keep up his relevance and somewhere down the line his bank account. Do you ever think of why The Kadarshians still keep airing and the girls still make as much money as they do even if they are some of the most hated T.V personalities in the U.S? People never stop talking about them! Even if most of what is said are insults and put-downs.

If you do not want to hear any more D'Banj "mediocre" songs then stop talking about him. And for the fact that you talk about him at all you are a fan whether or not you admit it.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by endy4oxide(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
i doubt you know the xtic of a GOOD song....dbanj lacks concept...sure the video is ok...buh d song makes no sense....
hallmark77: The video and content of the song is Classic!I am talking of global big boys standard!You have to say the truth.Nice one and keep it up!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Ikengawo: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

you are a troglodyte......
i bet you are one of those animals feeding off don jazzie to write nonsense about d'banj - your stupidity knows no bounds - d'banj cannot continue with the concept in the old videos....his fanbase has now stretched beyond the shores of africa and there must be a balance....he cannot be too afrocentric!

a dolt like you who has never achieved anything meaningful in your life should not be running another down. it's only a music video - not your superstory....music videos do not have to make sense - it's often abstract! as far as i am concerned, the song is superb and the video is top drawer. if you are not impressed, sell your father's house and go make your own! d'banj is doing nigeria proud and he's here to stay!
He's not doing anyone proud of anything, be easy with your inferiority complex.

So Bob Marley is who 100X a bigger star than him, did he say "My music has reached beyond the shores of Jamaica, i can't be too Jamaican"?
Has Jay-z, who is popular in Africa, Asia and Europe ever said "My music has reached beyond the shores of the US, i can't be too American"
That's the language of a fool. Oliver Twist still sounded like a song from Africa and it was a hit, wtf is this trash?
Don't throw our musical legacy in the trash because you want to blow smoke in the hole of your ethnic 'brother' because if you died he won't come to your funeral so relax and be fair to yourself.

This song is trash, this video is trash, and it represents the directlessness of our artists.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Ikengawo: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
shadrach77:
so what did you expect him to do? to wear agbada in his video? shocked shocked
to not make a song that sucks
did you see an agbada in any of the videos i listed? Dbanj isn't paying your bills, stop being his Voltron

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by hallmark77: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ikengawo:
to not make a song that sucks
did you see an agbada in any of the videos i listed? Dbanj isn't paying your bills, stop being his Voltron

You sure lack modern identification of standard music or do you think the normal Nigerian local standard has a wide appeal to music lovers?This is Classic for International music lovers!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by endy4oxide(m): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
dont know y some pple are so blind to see the truth, i respect dbanj buh hell no that song is NOT JUST OK>>>>>>>#poko

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by endy4oxide(m): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
you call this classic...buhahahahahaha guy retink b4 u post
hallmark77:

You sure lack modern identification of standard music or do you think the normal Nigerian local standard has a wide appeal to music lovers?This is Classic for International music lovers!
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by 9jalondon: 3:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
What!!! D banj wat a mess...stop taking chip scunk blaad,lyrics 0%,u let me down again KOKO master.

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
hallmark77:

my guy this song is only good for ajegunle bustop , it is not a classic pls . you can bring on another point to defend dbanj but don't call this track a classic

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
The hook is catchy and the video is nice...

You lot don't expect him to go back to the old Dbanj, do you??

He has a bigger fan base now and he has to cater to everyone, not just Nigerians...

Not really a fan of afrobeat, however, this tune is as afrobeat as anything out there(mixture of Yoruba and pidgin)...

PS: Chipmunk, I see you, fam...
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
And what's special about Kukere? - this tune thumps Kukere everyday of the week...

I hate the Kukere tune and the video makes me puke all the time, I just can't stand those cheese belly having fat women in that video... undecided
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
queensmith: am i the only one that thinks this song is incredibly stupid? I think the more he tries to sing the worse his songs are, he should stick to frequently shouting nonsense between verses,

You'll probably end up committing suicide one day because of dbanj..

I still don't know why you hate him so much.... undecided
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ikengawo:
He's not doing anyone proud of anything, be easy with your inferiority complex.

your innate propensity to stretch the borders of daftness is peerless.....
inferiority complex? you must be having a laugh....

So Bob Marley is who 100X a bigger star than him, did he say "My music has reached beyond the shores of Jamaica, i can't be too Jamaican"?
Has Jay-z, who is popular in Africa, Asia and Europe ever said "My music has reached beyond the shores of the US, i can't be too American"

d'banj's target audience has now shifted to uk/usa.........bob marley's target audience was uk/usa(this is why most of his songs were in english not patois)....jay-z's target audience is in the usa! it is not where you come from that matters but the audience you are trying to capture - d'banj's new boss would dictate exactly how they want him to sound to capture the exact market they want - but what do you know? mgbeke rat like you who is yet to amount to anything.....

That's the language of a fool. Oliver Twist still sounded like a song from Africa and it was a hit, wtf is this trash?

how's oliver twist different from this bachelor joint? it's the same concept, same cadence and same style and this is exactly why i am saying you have an agenda.....the only remarkable difference in d'banj's music was when he first started with his harmonica.....

Don't throw our musical legacy in the trash because you want to blow smoke in the hole of your ethnic 'brother' because if you died he won't come to your funeral so relax and be fair to yourself. This song is trash, this video is trash, and it represents the directlessness of our artists.

will he come to your own funeral if an asteroid collides with you? you are irrelevant to the statistics his music is trying to reach out to - you are just a hater who will not amount to anything! keep hating while d'banj's stock rises........your words won't stop his reign! his video is crap, his music is crap - leave it like that! why are you on his topic if you despise his music so much.........go and buy some weed and flex with your oliver d'coque, you hypersensitive imbëcile!

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by santa007(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

i bet you are one of those animals feeding off don jazzie to write nonsense about d'banj - your stupidity knows no bounds - d'banj cannot continue with the concept in the old videos....his fanbase has now stretched beyond the shores of africa and there must be a balance....he cannot be too afrocentric!

a dolt like you who has never achieved anything meaningful in your life should not be running another down. it's only a music video - not your superstory....music videos do not have to make sense - it's often abstract! as far as i am concerned, the song is superb and the video is top drawer. if you are not impressed, sell your father's house and go make your own! d'banj is doing nigeria proud and he's here to stay!

For ur info, femi kuti(grammy nominee) is more global than dbanj and yet still doing his african thing and getting recorgnition for it, was shocked to know he voiced in grant theft (video game)...dbanj should continue with what has brought him this far and stop trying to "strike a balance".. So stop giving bad advice .. #getsense

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by onatisi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
santa007:

For ur info, femi kuti(grammy nominee) is more global than dbanj and yet still doing his african thing and getting recorgnition for it, was shocked to know he voiced in grant theft (video game)...dbanj should continue with what has brought him this far and stop trying to "strike a balance".. So stop giving bad advice .. #getsense
guy u are good

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

Silly nitwit, what is wrong with an honest opinion without sentiments and insinuations??
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by endy4oxide(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
help me tell them,for once lets be sincere.....dat song wont mke it tru december ..talkless of next yr
Julieccentric:

Silly nitwit, what is wrong with an honest opinion without sentiments and insinuations??
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by naturalwaves: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL:

I've been. He said my taste bud is one of the best he has seen.

His diagnosis was.... I'm intolerant to 'not-so-good-can-be-much-better-music'. He said that I'm allergic to music that aren't up to standards.
You so funny.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by naturalwaves: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
WS. Smith:
Music no get tribe or language - a good music is pleasant to the ear and soothes the soul, a bad music hurts the ear and confuses the soul.
Listen to Ebenezer Obey, Rolling Dollar, Osita Osadebe, Oliver de cooque, King Sunny Ade, Christy Essien Igbokwe, Onyeka Onwenu ... these people didnt try to ride on tribal sentiment, they simply sang good songs. If your music is good, it overcomes petty minded tribalists and sails into every soul freely.
Lets not capiltalize on tribalism to support poor creativity and lack of skill. The first time I heard Dbanj I said this guy got no musical talent and its showing itself. The first time I heard Wande Coal, I said this guy got extra musical talent and it shows itself. Banky W, Dare art alade, IK dairo are musicains naturally, Wizkid got a unique voice pitch and style that stands out, Flavor has a raw/deeply local igbo high life style, listen to lyrical justice by Dagreen and tell me how he sweeps off beyond tribal sentiment even better than english and pidgin english rappers in the likes of Naeto C. Yes Dagreen is lyrically comparable only to MI. You see the akpako master or duncan mighty or timaya doing their thing with uniqueness. Dbanj tapped into the rise of our local (school table) beat discovered by Donjazzy and thrived on it but personally he is just a loud entertainer probably better as a ceremonial jester. Dude is not a musician.
One eyed analysis. What happened to the likes of those you mentioned? Why are they not clinching the awards as much as D'banj? Do you know what it means for someone to be acknowledged as the best musician in Africa not once? Or you think he bribes to get awards. Those that give him the awards know what they are doing and they are not as tone deaf as you are. I doubt you know all these cos if you do you won't spew this trash up here. You said he is not a musician but an entertainer. Are you for real or u just joking. What is the function of a musician if not basically to entertain? Your post makes no sense atall. Try and review it.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by quest4s: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
download the song from your mobile phone follow this link http://acejamz.com/2012/11/10/dbanj-bachelor/
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by webang: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JeYycZJ00c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></[/flash]

Music video by Magnum performing United We Stand Remix (Explicit). © 2012
"The Recipe" Mixtape Link: http://snd.sc/PRoPwo

Swagnificent Music ..
ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/united-we-stand-remix-single/id567100744

BB PIN: 314B491A
BOOKINGS : magnummusiq@gmail.com
TWITTER : http://www.twitter.com/iammagnum
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/officiallymagnum
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by webang: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by webang: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by webang: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by Ignatio(m): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
D'banj is the most relevant artistes in Nigeria. Four pages and still counting. Which other artist gets this kind of comment on NL?
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
When I downloaded the track, I thought I made a mistake and had to read again. shocked

Please D'Banj fans, this is wack. If it is only these kind of tracks he released throughout his career, he would never have been famous.

I still believe D'Banj will still bounce back. He is a hustla and he will make it overseas and in Africa

but this is not the track. grin

This song is no way close to Mr Endowed. That is blasphemy.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
omocheche: Na watin be this?

New D'Banj track.
grin
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by coogar: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Julieccentric:

tape it shut, miss potato.....
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2012
zerocool: Nigerians!! Smh... You can never satisfy them.. That is one of the reasons the whole country in wallowing in so much problems.

If, and only If, Gangnam Style was shot and released by a Nigerian in Nigeria, trust me NBC and Nigerians would condemn it, not to talk of it becoming a HIT song- it would NEVER have had so much popularity and youtube views. It currently tops the chart all over the world.

Everyone condemns his songs...And each time D'Banj wins an award, they wonder why.

There is no one here that will criticize Oliver Twist. That is a world wide hit. If this track was as good as Oliver Twist, no one will criticize. The truth is that over the years, D'Banj gave us a lot of hits. Now we expect him to be excellent in every track. Even Akon flops on some tracks. So let us be patient. The KokoMaster will deliver.
Re: VIDEO: D’banj – Bachelor by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
zerocool: Nigerians!! Smh... You can never satisfy them.. That is one of the reasons the whole country in wallowing in so much problems.

If, and only If, Gangnam Style was shot and released by a Nigerian in Nigeria, trust me NBC and Nigerians would condemn it, not to talk of it becoming a HIT song- it would NEVER have had so much popularity and youtube views. It currently tops the chart all over the world.

Everyone condemns his songs...And each time D'Banj wins an award, they wonder why.

There is no one here that will criticize Oliver Twist. That is a world wide hit. If this track was as good as Oliver Twist, no one will criticize. The truth is that over the years, D'Banj gave us a lot of hits. Now we expect him to be excellent in every track. Even Akon flops on some tracks. So let us be patient. The KokoMaster will deliver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkids ‘Ghetto Love’ Debuts At No.1 On Itunes & Apple Music / The Top Thirty Biggest Nigerian Songs Of 2022 / B O C Madaki - Allah Ya Tsare (complete Album)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.