Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage (2236 Views)

Is Church Marriage Biblical? / Nigerian Fake Pastors And Church Business Exposed / Obedience and church work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Goshen360(m): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ishilove:
Goshen, I am still awaiting the ring o. Mere 5000 dollars ring is taking so long to deliver. angry

grin Chai, Ishi sweerie, why you come open my [size=3pt]yansh[/size] here now? Huh? Okay, you don agree to leaf those chewing bois alone? You know say I no dey like put my money for air grin
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by enilove(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2013
The marriage btw Isaac and Rebekah was a traditional wedding.

Tradinational wedding is right and approved by God.
The reason why most people prefer to go for chuch weddings nowadays is because of the hidden idolatery imbedded in the traditional wedding of some tribes.

There this fear of spiritual attack during marriages.Where a pastor is present,a true man of God,all those curses and incartations will be cancelled by the prayers.

We should not forget that there are really wicked people.

Traditional wedding is approved by God,but you must enquire about the reasons why aligator pepper etc are used.
People can hid charms under their clothes and attend weddings.If such person is called to pray,the prayer is nothing but a curse.
We should not be ignorant of the device of the devil.

Traditional wedding is good if a pastor is there to pray for you or even your church members.

Church wedding is not compulsory.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Ishilove: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
naptu2: Therefore, people can decide to forego church wedding without suffering any consequences, they cann decide to forego traditional marriage without suffering any consequences, but if they decide to forego registry. . . . .consequences.
Dat kain tin. . . wink
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Ishilove: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
Goshen360:

grin Chai, Ishi sweerie, why you come open my [size=3pt]yansh[/size] here now? Huh? Okay, you don agree to leaf those chewing bois alone? You know say I no dey like put my money for air grin
I agree. Goshen all the way!!! cheesy

Oya Mr Ogbeni, submit the ring. . . grin
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Goshen360(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2013
^ ^ Ermmm, Ermmm....*scratching my head* okay, make I find someone wey go be witness. # Run out of thread & never to return # grin
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
Goshen360: ^ ^ Ermmm, Ermmm....*scratching my head* okay, make I find someone wey go be witness. # Run out of thread & never to return # grin
MEN. angry

tongue

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by ayemko: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Me not stopping at the traditional weddoing has caused tragedy in my life
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Op spoke my mind. I nearly didn't do church wedding because of their demands. Later my pastor started yarning dust. Kai! These ppl want us in bondage sha.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
ayemko: Me not stopping at the traditional weddoing has caused tragedy in my life

How
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Kaynee: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
ayemko: Me not stopping at the traditional weddoing has caused tragedy in my life
Oh bros it is well. What tragedy if I may ask.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Kaynee: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by ayemko: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
long and sorrowful story best not stated
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Boomark(m): 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
^ ^I think that has to do with using all that you have to do church wedding just to please man and suffer later.

@Isilove
When you are ready, the man will be ready.
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Dipwater(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2013
I will start by removing the word "traditional " from it. Let's just call it marriage
And let's stop calling church marriage white wedding its annoying and I biliv its stems from our slave mentality (why not black wedding what is even wrong with color black)

Let's work towards making it just one wedding .if u are a xtian u can do ur normal wedding with the presence of ur pastor and church members .the parents decision to give out their children is the koko, the colorful atire and well prepaid african delicacy are beautiful.

After the whole thing on sunday u can go for thansgiving in ur church

Somebody said after trad marriage the wife is now yours and my question is she a property

Idont really fancy the idea of pride price if I were a girl I will take as an insult if a man wants to buy me. The main thing is the agreement from the parents and lil celebration to mark the joining of the couple. Thank u
Re: Traditional Marriage And Church Marriage by Candour(m): 7:38am On Apr 06, 2013
It's always a thing of joy when i see Christians questioning traditions we were born into and accept as part of doctrine when it's in reality not.As someone earlier pointed out,Jesus was a guest at the wedding in cana not an officiating priest or pastor.

Christianity doesn't change the colour of our skins and surely our culture still makes us africans so traditional marriage remains the important thing.Church wedding/reception is mere declaration of surplus money and to show class and gain bragging rights.

Some believe anyway that they need to do church wedding to ward off evil machinations.I guess you cant deny they have the right to but it's not a Christian requirement.

In my own case,i had already convinced my wife and mum in law to skip church wedding based on my dad in law's recommendations only for my own mum to throw spanner in the works insisting that she had to have a big celebration.That is when i knew my sweet wife just 'agreed' to my plans for peace sake.see how overjoyed she was at the church wedding and reception grin

If you have plenty to spend,do it but IT IS NOT BINDING ON A CHRISTIAN.Registry is more important as a law abiding citizen.

@ayemko,sorry about whatever bad experience you had bro.it's well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghanaian Pastor Claims TB Joshua Uses Human Blood To Please His “gods”(must See) / 10 Types Of People Who Barely Visit The Religion Section Of Nairaland / Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.