Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,913 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? (2137 Views)

Jubilation In South East As UN Set To Review Aftermath Of Civil War. / Who Would You Suggest To Be The EFCC Boss Under Buhari? See My Suggestion / What Did Buhari Do For The South East As Head Of State And PTF Chairman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Alaanyihaji(m): 11:40am On Nov 10, 2012
For the sake of planning, Prayer and preparation it's not too early to be thinking aloud
about the much desired presidential ambition of the south east geo political zone. I really have sympathy
for that zone because they have always found it extremelly difficult to rationalize their presidential
candidates during elections. I quite believe merit, track record, bridge- building capacity across zones
antecedents and energy to deliver should be yardstick. In this rgds sincerely nominate your
candidate from this zone with your reasons. If u don't have an intelligent opinion pls pass.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
No one. I'd rather vote for an hausa than Igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by frankkyd: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
ondo_boi: No one. I'd rather vote for an hausa than Igbo
...dn i bet we are gona keep havin a shambolic nation called Nigeria,,,with God igbo go rule jst like black obama
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by bashr8: 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
God forbid, hausa? you want to take us 10 years backward.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Dainfamous: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
SE 85% are not interested in Nigerian presidency... u better look somewhere else..

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by achi4u(m): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Da infamous: SE 85% are not interested in Nigerian presidency... u better look somewhere else..
Correct!
the elites are not even discussing it and we d masses are not concerned.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
'rara oo, ejoo ema se beee oo!' please vote a middle belter instead.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Da infamous: SE 85% are not interested in Nigerian presidency... u better look somewhere else..

^^^The only reason any informed south easterner should look on the presidency with nonchalance is if the federation is restructured......with a weak centre and more fiscally autonomous units; that way our destiny wouldn't be tied to and determined by some Igbo-hating ignorant guy that achieved office only by dynamics of Nigerian ethnic/religious/elitist politicking.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
frankkyd: ...dn i bet we are gona keep havin a shambolic nation called Nigeria,,,with God igbo go rule jst like black obama
Obama had population behind him, blacks, hispanics etc! I dont think north+ middle belt will vote Igbo and if you guys do not know how to forget your past and win people over to yourself, then you are going to loose the west! then you loose grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by bashr8: 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
cogitoErgo:
Obama had population behind him, blacks, hispanics etc! I dont think north+ middle belt will vote Igbo and if you guys do not know how to forget your past and win people over to yourself, then you are going to loose the west! then you loose grin
we shall see , every region go vote their own we will now determine who really have the largest population.anyway if jona contest again 2015 he will win cus nobody is about to vote a northerner for now.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Ejine(m): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
Barth Nnaji!
Yes, I said it!
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Dainfamous: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^The only reason any informed south easterner should look on the presidency with nonchalance is if the federation is restructured......with a weak centre and more fiscally autonomous units; that way our destiny wouldn't be tied to and determined by some Igbo-hating ignorant guy that achieved office only by dynamics of Nigerian ethnic/religious/elitist politicking.
you are right that is the only solution,but i dont see it happening in Nigeria so the country will continue to experience insurgency and instability....
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by cjay4luv: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
Witout nominating anyone ondo boi and co have already pitched tent wit the same northerns they claim to despise.nothing last 4eva.trust me time will come when your likes wil seek favor from igbos.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Oga Jona of course or who will contest with him from SE? As far as the region concerned SE/SS are the same old Eastern region
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Ikengawo: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chime Sullivan
Barth Nnaji
Okonjo Iweala

of the list i would pick Chime Sullivan
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Wadeoye(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
frankkyd: ...dn i bet we are gona keep havin a shambolic nation called Nigeria,,,with God igbo go rule jst like black obama

We need to move the country forward and therefore we can't allow a Igbo to lead our country - time for experiment has gone. Only a capable hand will be supported by Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Wadeoye(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
cogitoErgo:

Who in the west will vote for Igbo to be president? Interesting... There is a better chance of middle-belt voting for Igbo than Yorubas voting for them. They have lost the west already. They can only be Vice President which is even doubtful with the look of things.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Wadeoye(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
bashr8: we shall see , every region go vote their own we will now determine who really have the largest population.anyway if jona contest again 2015 he will win cus nobody is about to vote a northerner for now.

Speak for yourself and probably Igbos in general. Who told Yorubas can't vote for Hausa? We will vote for a capable hand to lead the country regardless of where the person comes from.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by RickyRoss1(m): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ekuweme is too old to rule now, so I will vote any of the following tried and tested candidates...

Soludo
Barth Nnaji
Sullivan Chime
Okonjo Iweala
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
Yorubas will NEVER vote for any Igbo! Igbos hate us so they cannot expect us to vote for them.

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Genius100: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Okonjo-Iweala is the most qualified by miles...
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
did you actually read the topic first before pouring your hot venom on ndi igbos?
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ok, to be frank,

Kelechi is the man if any president is required from the East. I tell you, that guy 'll win 80% of the S/West vote.
The guy has a clean record, and from history he seem to be competent.
May be Fashola can be vice.

Kelechi/Fashola ticket is gonna be great.
I tell you
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Wadeoye:

Who in the west will vote for Igbo to be president? Interesting... There is a better chance of middle-belt voting for Igbo than Yorubas voting for them. They have lost the west already. They can only be Vice President which is even doubtful with the look of things.
I agree with you on d middle belt fo Igbos, but what if one of their own from the middle belt is to contest in 2015 what are the chances for our 'aje okuta mamu omi' brothers?
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by chino11(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chukwuma Soludo
Ngige
Iweala
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Ojiofor: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
@chino remove Iweala from your list and replace her with Andy Uba so that all will come from ur village.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Wadeoye(m): 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
cogitoErgo:
I agree with you on d middle belt fo Igbos, but what if one of their own from the middle belt is to contest in 2015 what are the chances for our 'aje okuta mamu omi' brothers?

Obvious... No hope for Igbos to lead the country but wait a minute, is Jonathan not Igbo? Yes, they said he is one of their own. If you look at the way the guy is managing the country, covering up corruption left, right and center, he is showing "aje okuta mamu omi" genetic endowment. The guy is Igbo...
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by passion007: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
i can see that fo-ol-ish-nes is ur favorite pastime, keep having fun.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Wadeoye(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
passion007: i can see that fo-ol-ish-nes is ur favorite pastime, keep having fun.

Truth they say is bitter...

Nobody will vote for a people that lack moral...
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by lukkie(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Obiageli Ezekwesili

Okonjo-Iweala is a scam.
Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by chino11(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2012
Ojiofor: @chino remove Iweala from your list and replace her with Andy Uba so that all will come from ur village.

Can't stop laughing.. grin grin

Am I that sectional nwanne mu..??

Ok here an edited list..

Soludo

Ngige

Obiageli Ezekwesili

Rochas

1 Like

Re: Who Would You Suggest From The South East As A Sole Presidential Candidate? by Alaanyihaji(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Wadeoye:

Obvious... No hope for Igbos to lead the country but wait a minute, is Jonathan not Igbo? Yes, they said he is one of their own. If you look at the way the guy is managing the country, covering up corruption left, right and center, he is showing "aje okuta mamu omi" genetic endowment. The guy is Igbo...
The above is not a constructive opinion. We don't need that type of comment on this thread. For Nigeria to move forward, we must forget ethnic and tribal sentiments. Recal in Obama's campaign for 1st term, his opponents made three public apologies to him on racial comments.In their just concluded election, issues occupied their discussions and comments.While we may not be America yet, we can make today to be better than our yesterday by being constructive on isssues for once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ACN to Jonathan: Take governance seriously in 2013 / Unrest In Bodija Market: Hausa Traders Stock Arms In Mosque ,ready For Showdown / Are Blacks More Violent, More Disorganised and Less Disciplined than Whites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.