Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here (12899 Views)

A Thread For Kings College Lagos Old Boys. / Lagelu Grammar School Ibadan Old Students / Air Force Comprehensive School Ibadan - Old Boys/girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by m4mabbey: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2009
Loyola the best in every way!

was dere 91 - 97

miss every every about the school. the lagzys of this world, abija baba, adjan abija i miss you guys
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by sessyadeg(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2009
I was in Loyola 1991 - 1996. Now I am finding it difficult to connect to my old friends. My name is Sesan Adegoke, If this rings a bell and you remember me pls contact me on my email address: sesan006@yahoo.com. I live in the United Kingdom. Up Loyo!

Sesan
Nottingham, UK
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by nas00(m): 12:56am On Sep 20, 2009
My first step thru d gates of Loyola College, Ibadan in Sept, 1994 was a dream come true.
Today, i'm a Medical Doc, and i can't help the flow of that same feeling i felt at that 1st moment whenever i think of Loyola.

I attended from 1994-2000. Had d nickname, Epo, a variant of isu at'epo. Had lots of fun in skool.
We had notorious seniors, e.g. Shaba, Six feet, Ogede, Aworo, Wallet, Joger, Matori
We had great footballers, e.g. Dominic(GK), Ben James(GK), Waske, Emma, Ekpo, Ozobula, Ijamba, Kongi, Henry, Ovie
We had basketballers,e.g. Six feet, Pelumi, Imole, Henry. (Both 'Six Feet' aka Olumide Oyedeji and Pelumi Olanrewaju later became famous NBA stars, flying Nigeria's colours)

We had teachers,e.g. Mr Akinwumi (Westerhoff), Mr Balo (Geography), Mr Salako (V.P.), Mr Omonigbehin(Jiro), Mr Afolabi (VP- 'Jackson'), Mr F.A.B. Adeoye (Principal-'Andre d giant), Mr Falana (workshop/ Intro Tech), Mrs Odejayi (Chem), Chief Sola Ayangbayi (Principal), Mrs Atoyebi (Iron Lady), Mrs Ishola (Undertaker), Mr Onipede (Baba Suka) etc
We had joints, e.g. Kris-kross, Mini-market, NUT, Kitchen, Chapel, Iya-Ibeji, Burger, Akoga, Exhibition(because)
There were lots of grafittis, e.g. Epo wuz hia, left 4 UI, Loyo titan, etc
We played football, and played and played
Went to watch Loyola play several matches,e.g. Loyo vs Egbado Grammar Sch, Abeokuta (Liberty Stadium), Loyo vs Igbobi College, Lagos(Loyola), Loyo vs Lagelu Gramms (Loyola), Loyo vs Holy trinity, Loyo vs Army barracks etc
I was a member of d supporters club, cos i was too small in stature to play 4 d school   

Loyola, always on my mind
Anyone out there from my set? (2000 set)

3 Likes

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by nas00(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2009
'Skele' seems to be butchering our College Anthem.
If u guys don't mind, i could post the 3 stanzas of d College Anthem.
I sing it to myself quite often. Somehow, it boosts my morale. smiley
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Hilundi: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2009
Loyola we would never forget,the year we've spent with you is the first stanza of the school anthem.I was at the great school from 1990-1995.I was the health prefect '95 set(Hillarious species).I over-missed Loyola college and the last time i was around Ibadan i went to my last class at the great College,SS3X,not s elejo lol.Here's wishing all Loyolans all the very best , smiley
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Shrink537: 12:38am On Dec 04, 2009
angry Dear Loyolans, It grieves my heart when I read about the praises being heaped on Mr S.O. Ayangbayi. I was a student of this once Great School from 1975 to 1980. During this period this Mr Ayangbayi that you describe so affectionately was a House Master and the Physics Tutor, and he ruled like a demonic tyrant! I don't say this lightly. This man that you describe as "Humble" and "Intelligent was nothing short of the Devil's own.

Thank God for his infinite Grace & Mercy, Mr Ayangbayi who must now be in his 70's may have changed from the terror and bully he once was. Without going into much detail, this man once whipped me with a koboko which was then his favorite disciplinary tool. He tore my skin in several places and there were welts all over my arms. The worst part of all of this is that BEFORE GOD ALMIGHTY & MAN, I was not guilty of any misconduct whatsoever. It was all a misunderstanding which to this day was never resolved. I was 15 years old and in Year 5 at the time. My dad confronted him later that evening and Mr Ayangbayi blatantly lied in my presence accusing me of Truancy among other things. Believe you me, I do not like to ponder over this incident which occurred 30yrs ago! It fills me with such anger and rage, I still feel like crying but the tears don't come. Despite my protest my father chose to take his side and made me prostrate and apologise to Mr Ayangbayi who duly accepted and grinned and joked with my old man. Had my mum been present at that meeting, the scenario would have gone down differently.

Believe you me I have tried in my heart to forgive him but I struggle with this, the fact is that I was really traumatised by the whole experience. My parents were never ever violent or physical towards their children in this manner, and generally we were quite well behaved, disciplined and respectful.

I won't bore much longer with this out-pouring of grief, suffice to say that I wasn't the only one in the school that suffered this form of brutality from this man. Many others did as well. It was as if he took pleasure in meting out this form of discipline to any errant pupil that crossed his path. In fact it was as if he went actively seeking out students to discipline to satisfy his thirst for brutality.

If he has changed then Grace be to God, it may be that he saw the error of his ways or it could be that old age has mellowed him. In fact I was shocked a few years ago when I learnt that he had been installed as the principal of my beloved Alma mater. You cannot compare him to Father Kennedy (of blessed memory) or Rev. GB Daramola who was the Vice Principal whilst I was there.

I guess the man owes many of us a sincere apology. If it were here in the UK I would have been seeking damages.

Up Loyo! I would appreciate your comments. Perhaps this revelation will come as a shock to many of you then again many of the older Loyolans know what I'm talking about. There are also other rumours about his personal life during that era of which this is neither the place nor time to delve into such matters. "If he is still the demon that he was back then in the late 70's then his sins will surely catch up with him.

God bless you all.

Regards,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by alagboba: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2010
was in loyola between 84 and 89. the teachers were dedicated and took more than "salaried" interest in teaching. The personal touch made a lot of difference . It was also the days of the enigmatic GB Daramola. One of the funny sides of the life then was the ease at which nicknames, solicited or not are generated and get stuck. there were folks that got their nicknames the very day they joined us in forms 2 and 3 and did  the names stick? while some resisted initiaally, others accepted fate early and those that could not change"destiny" later accepted as well.
Cant forget all the inter class football fun. loyola, the best in every way

1 Like

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by LAELIST: 2:32am On Apr 22, 2010
Was in Loyo  1983-1988.

The best in every way.
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by ayodelem(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
i love my school anytime.my set was 1979-1984,i remembered father Sweeney,Rev Daramola and have forgottten the name of our vp when i was about leaving(do the right thing at the right time in the right place)?

Also remembered friends like Adeola Teriba,Niyi Ogunbode,oscar,balogun and the rest

:omennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, fond memeories
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by omoeruwa: 2:31am On Feb 03, 2011
Ayangbayi, Daramola, na war o, memories. This is syhlok-class of 1980. Ayangbayi my science teacher for principal? Any boyos out there from my time. Shrink537 let it go, time will heal. Up loyola!
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by omoeruwa: 2:35am On Feb 03, 2011
Shylock 76-80
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Beete: 12:37am On Oct 10, 2012
Loyola college Ibadan Oyo state, is really the best secondary school in this generation. This school taught me how to work very hard, until your back bone will bend a little. The school has its own national anthem, such that ,after singing it, you are triggered to just do, only the best, with all your abilities, at all times. The song is, Loyola, Loyola, the best in every way(2ce).we are students from Ibadan,....., we want the best...., we love to win the day..... Up Loyooooooooo, Up Loyooooooooooo, Up Loyooooooooooo. I am in the 1965-1969 set of students, father Kennedy, was the principal, who took over from father Mackle. Long live Loyola college Ibadan.
Any one in that set should, pls, contact me @ igho4all@gmail.com; My names are UGERU EDWARD. O.
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by felixlove(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2012
hello any 1997 set online,am felix oyeneyin can anyone hook me up with my old friend michael uziogba of 1997 set,and if u are on bbm pls add me 2765bd25
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Pinoralia: 4:07am On Nov 24, 2012
Was in Loyola btw 2000 - 2004 (js2- ss3). Loyola, I'm proud of you. I av gone this cos I 've been once part of u. If I come to another world, I will still trace my path and be a student in Loyola once again. Kudos to Chief S.O Ayangbayi, he's a disciplinarian which is of advantage to us today.
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by 2fine2fast(m): 3:44am On Jul 30, 2013
VERITAS
96-99
LEFT FOR WESLEY COLLEGE 99
LOYO TAUGHT ME TO BE SO SMART
AND TOUGH
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by golpen(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2013
I have a script of my time spent in that great citadel of knowledge, unpublished since over 5 years now. I'm from the 2000 - 2005. Looking forward to attending my first luncheon with the old boys tomorrow, sunday 29th dec 2013, at the school hall. Anyone who cares to join in pls?
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by bluehorizo(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Veritas

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by AsotechMayor(m): 3:21am On Mar 29, 2015
golpen:
I have a script of my time spent in that great citadel of knowledge, unpublished since over 5 years now. I'm from the 2000 - 2005. Looking forward to attending my first luncheon with the old boys tomorrow, sunday 29th dec 2013, at the school hall. Anyone who cares to join in pls?
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by AsotechMayor(m): 3:46am On Mar 29, 2015
I was there 1998 - 2003 my citadel of learning, Mr Aladeloye was my class teacher Jss2/3 Oloye was chemistry teacher then also will never forget MJ vice principal. Friends: Ojo Tosin, Alarape, Olabode Opeyemi, Agboluaje Muhamed, Habeeb Rafiu, Mebude Oluwole. Eree and Eba was my favorite food then that was y frnds call me Eba. Akinola Samson asotechmusic@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Beulah09: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
ayodelem:
i love my school anytime.my set was 1979-1984,i remembered father Sweeney,Rev Daramola and have forgottten the name of our vp when i was about leaving(do the right thing at the right time in the right place)?

Also remembered friends like Adeola Teriba,Niyi Ogunbode,oscar,balogun and the rest

:omennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, fond memeories

That should be Mr Famoyin of blessed Memory.

Rev'd Father Sweeney died in 2003.

Rev'd GB Daramola still in Ibadan.

Met Mr Oroge at the airport once. I think he is now in Abuja
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by castrol180(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2016
Any 1992-98 set in the house
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by bluehorizo(m): 5:26am On Apr 29, 2016
TOP 10 LIST of quirks that distinctly makes one an official 90’s Loyolan! So here you go! Read More YOU WENT TO BOARDING SCHOOL IN LOYOLA COLLEGE IBADAN IN THE 90’S IF: 1. Going to see, “MUMMY KITCHEN” meant you were seeking a financial loan or at least an extra plate of Yam and stew. 2. The word, “Estate” is now and forever associated with poop. 3. The name, “SENIOR MENOR” gives you nightmares, (and you occasionally pray you never run into him in public!) 4. You woke up super-early on Sunday mornings, not for chapel, but for the best breakfast of the week! (Bread and eggs). 5. In the last few weeks of the school year, SUGAR became a precious commodity you could trade for favors. 6. You, at some point, were convinced, “BASE” was a 4-Star restaurant. (Also, you know exactly what to do when handed a loaf of bread and some, “Akara”) 7. Your heart rate picked up anytime you heard, “J.S.S 1 to 3, assemble in room 7 before the count of 10, ONE!!!!…..”
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by bluehorizo(m): 5:29am On Apr 29, 2016
8. There’s the strong possibility you know, (or once met) a ghost named. “Iya” 9. You can sing the words, “LOYOLA, LOYOLA, THE BEST IN EVERY WAY…” like it was an R&B song! 10. Anytime you see a green-checkered shirt, you smile a little, because despite feeling like you lived through 6 long years of hell, YOU ARE FRIGGIN PROUD TO HAVE BEEN A BOARDING STUDENT IN LOYOLA IN THE 90’s! And there you go!
Credit: whatsupibadan.com
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by privatetisa(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2017

Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Clean2016: 10:48am On Nov 02, 2021
Loyola college Ibadan.

Amy 1984 -1989 set?
I greet everyone
Re: Loyola College Ibadan Old Boys Meet Here by Clean2016: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2021
Up school

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acceptance Fee: The Protruding Menace In Our Institutions / Location/Information on UNN Annex In Lagos / ASUU Strike: We May Not Honour Fg's Call Again - ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.