Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title (6848 Views)

Buhari Honored With A Traditional Title 'manahouwhe’ Gbede' In Benin / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by peckhamboi: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
The national leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will be conferred with the traditional title Aare Ago of Egbaland on 19 November.
The conferment of the title, which means Field Marshall of Supreme Eminence will be done by Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, the ruler of Ake in the Ogun state capital of Abeokuta, as part of activities marking his 7th anniversary on the throne.
Tinubu’s wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu will also be decorated with the ERELU AARE AGO OF EGBALAND.
A statement by Tinubu’s media office said the honors will be bestowed on the couple at the Ake Palace in Abeokuta, in the afternoon.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/11/10/tinubus-to-get-egba-highest-titles/
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by PaulJohn1: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
Are you kidding me. This Tinubu man is from Osun and his home town is Iragbiji in Boripe local government Area. And he's now an Egba man in Ogun.
Okay o, no p. All na Yoruba sha cool
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by ab1x: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Paul John: Are you kidding me. This Tinubu man is from Osun and his home town is Iragbiji in Boripe local government Area. And he's now an Egba man in Ogun.
Okay o, no p. All na Yoruba sha cool

That Tinubu is from Osun, does that mean he cannot be given a title anywhere ?
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by braine(m): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Good for him.I don't know why people dislike him. He's a good man and he deserves it.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Not my business as long as no gov't cash is involved.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
Good for him.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by championeh(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Goood for Asiwaju but i so much believe that he would have rejected the Title if he is meant to lead the war truly.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by petrov10: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
:-Xmake tinibu relax jare
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
ab1x:

No, he bought it.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by topsyking: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
ab1x:

Foooools who told u he is from Osun....he is a lagosian..born and bred frm lagos.
It didn't surprise me a bit cos na his former commissioner be d governor there....very soon he will go to oyo for the Aare Ona kakanfo title...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by petrov10: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
topsyking:
Foooools who told u he is from Osun....he is a lagosian..born and bred frm lagos.
It didn't surprise me a bit cos na his former commissioner be d governor there....very soon he will go to oyo for the Aare Ona kakanfo title...
idiot like u.......jst being unreasonably saucy ,..,abeg travel o
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by Ekans: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
And so what?,i am the Orukuruku of urhobo land,the Alabo of kalabari kingdom.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by PaulJohn1: 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
topsyking:
Foooools who told u he is from Osun ....he is a lagosian..born and bred frm lagos.

Why not lay low on what you don't know undecided
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by KINGwax(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
ebamma: Ebamma: mama nkechi good evening
Mama Nkechi: good evening ebamma
Ebamma: i wan buy garri
Mama Nkechi: na 30 naira per cup oh
Ebamma: the price suppose reduce nah
Mama Nkechi:why
Ebamma:becos dem wan give tinubu egba title
Mama Nkechi:wetin concern my garri with tinubu abeg if you no wan buy tell me
Ebamma:i dey come, make i go confirm the price again for nairaland
learn from redmosquito. His conversation is garnished with intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by fapcrook(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Good infm, so i know which road to drive thru dat day because d whole Abeokuta road may be blocked. Thanx for d info. I'm less bothered abt d titles.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by topsyking: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Paul John:

Why not lay low on what you don't know undecided
Wat do u mean abut lay low..wat do u no..d only tin I can say tinubu did for me when he was d governor, was the payment of our NECO exam fee..our sets 2000 was the first to start NECO exam and tinubu paid for us then
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by TenKobo1: 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
Well, gone are the days when these titles were earned, nowadays the highest bidder mounts the stool. horrible, directionless, decaying idea of a hopeless Lugard and his luciferous girlfriend grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by BabaOlowo: 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Very soon, he will be made the ARE ONAKAKANFO of Yorubaland.
Money good o!
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by PaulJohn1: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
topsyking:
Wat do u mean abut lay low..wat do u no..d only tin I can say tinubu did for me when he was d governor, was the payment of our NECO exam fee..our sets 2000 was the first to start NECO exam and tinubu paid for us then

He did that for you as a governor has now made your thought about his originalty right?
You're funny.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by GARRIx7(m): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
Tinubu deserves all awards receivable.. Sending the killer-party from SW is no mean feat..
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by omojesu123: 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
u lack ogbonobligata
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by CONJI: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2012
Who the cap fits, let him wear it.
For me, he deserves the honor. Despite political affiliations.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by 234GT(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chief Thiefnunbu!
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by redsun(m): 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Some yorubas are becoming openly self-destruct.How can they be collectively honouring a rogue traditionally?

That is the spirit of nigeria.A situation where immoralities have become moralities,where the elders are blind to the truth,because they dont know.The spirit of backardness and the spirit of extinction.

Helplessness.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
jammyng: Not my business as long as no gov't cash is involved.
even if It's involved, the masses no get mouth there. na to just dey look, suffer and smile.
ab1x:

His mother is from Osun and he was born in Osun but his dad is tinubu. He lived the early part of his life in osun and was later brought to Lagos. A Yoruba man can be given a title anywhere in Yorubaland. Even Boni Yayi is the Sooko Adimula of Ile-ife, he is a ketu prince.

GARRI (x7):
Tinubu deserves all awards receivable.. Sending the killer-party from SW is no mean feat..
Don't get to carried away by tricks of politicians. A lot of PDP members are now ACN members. Once one party win and the other loose, they just change membership asap. They are all the same. When Amosun join ACN sef. himself na ANPP if I remember.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by abysirius(m): 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
If Alake has decided to honour Tinubu with such a title...I'm sure he must have really been impressed with his bravery and leadership qualities. Tinubu is a winner. Aare Ago isno small title. Iragbiji oloke meji...tako tabo lori Agba...#Jagaban

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by redsun(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Even if it just a tuber of yam a man stole,he is a thief.It is a crime and he must pay for it.

A thief is a thief,irrespective of the status,class,color or creed.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by tomiedatlo: 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
topsyking:

If he wz born nd bred in lagos does he mean is omo eko gan gan?
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by seanet01: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
redsun: Even if it just a tuber of yam a man stole,he is a thief.It is a crime and he must pay for it.

A thief is a thief,irrespective of the status,class,color or creed.
I am waiting for the day you will really back up this your fictions with facts.
Re: Tinubu To Be Honored With Egba's Highest Title by redsun(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Do you know that primates in their complex socalled jungle societies punish outlaws?They have laws and orders that keeps alive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged Fraud: PDP Seeks Prosecution Of Lai Mohammed, Usman Yusuf / Kano Hisbah Designs New Type Of Mannequin (picture) / Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.