Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? (958 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pls is foreign host beter than local host or vice versa.??please mention any Good host you recomend for a web designer and specify the web adresses to these host or trow mor light on it..PLease developers shud help out, so that we can learn 4rm it..Thanks alot
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Why r u guys jst viewing witout saying sumtin..alow odas to learn 4rm ur xperience
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by ojochidem(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
I will advise, you go for a FOREIGN Host bro. I have tried Nigerian Hosts and i have been disappointed. Get closer to the source.
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
ojochidem: I will advise, you go for a FOREIGN Host bro. I have tried Nigerian Hosts and i have been disappointed. Get closer to the source.
yap bt in terms of suport or other queries u hav wit dis foreign host.hw did u manage to handle them xpecialy lyk caling dem on fone if posibly..nd plz list d nigerian host u hav used and d foreign one u r using ryt now.THANKS more opinions yet to cum
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by rufaai(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
solutions247: Pls is foreign host beter than local host or vice versa.??please mention any Good host you recomend for a web designer and specify the web adresses to these host or trow mor light on it..PLease developers shud help out, so that we can learn 4rm it..Thanks alot

Well... I think you should use www.gigalayer.com, quality service and professional support. wink

Enjoy.
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by utimatedes(m): 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
The so-called foreign hosts are even worst than Nigerian hosts. My experience with Jaguarpc has being a nightmare. Even Namecheap is not reliable except you have shared host.
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by mastere3: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2012
Foreign host is good and Nigeria host is good also, but because of some unskilled individual in handling the web hosting business, we tend to see Nigeria host was not good.

Well about you checkout www.vbhostnet.com as a Nigeria hosting service which have hosted about 1,000 domain names, you may be able to make you feel at ease without having to order about technical support or downtime related issue.

My best regards to you sir
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
utimatedes: The so-called foreign hosts are even worst than Nigerian hosts. My experience with Jaguarpc has being a nightmare. Even Namecheap is not reliable except you have shared host.
hmm on point both r jst dsame...pls talking abt shared host wat do u mean by dat? Evrybdy is learning thks agn
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
Pls let contribute to dis..whoever is hiding a post shud let it be because sum1 kan learn 4rm it...moderator plz kan dis topic b moved to homepage or jst let it b
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by utimatedes(m): 12:29am On Nov 13, 2012
solutions247: hmm on point both r jst dsame...pls talking abt shared host wat do u mean by dat? Evrybdy is learning thks agn

Shared host is a hosting plan where everybody shared the same resources and is very cheap because everyone shared the same resources. But it has its disadvantages which outweigh the advantages.
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
utimatedes:

Shared host is a hosting plan where everybody shared the same resources and is very cheap because everyone shared the same resources. But it has its disadvantages which outweigh the advantages.
ok, are u trying to say each user uses d same hosting plan n plz kan u mention any disadvantage abt doing it..Thanks alot
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by yamakuza: 3:06am On Nov 14, 2012
solutions247: ok, are u trying to say each user uses d same hosting plan n plz kan u mention any disadvantage abt doing it..Thanks alot

shared host means that eg 100 people/sites can use a server with 10gb hard disk at 100mb space/site etc.

the RAM on that server will also be divided by the number of sites on it, as well as the bandwidth.

while this can be cheap, economical or cost effective, the downside is that 1 site can bring down all the other 99 sites.

eg, if 1 site is hacked, the hacker can gain access to the other sites; or if 1 site has a process that uses too much memory, it can slow down all 100 sites.

to avoid this, mission critical sites are advised to get non-shared/dedicated hosting, which is more expensive (eg x100)

as per your initial question on foreign vs local hosts, i guess its safe to assume that all hosts are foreign, cos most (if not all) of the local webhosts have their servers abroad.

what differs is the line of support/customer service you get.

while foreign companies are more customer friendly, it might be easier to reach a local company in times of trouble.

when you do reach both companies however, their ability to resolve issues have little to do with their location, but with their skill/experience.

we have linux/windows gurus in Nigeria that can resolve your server issues within minutes, while some foreign companies will still be exchanging mails with you for 5 days or more. the reverse also happens.

ideally, before signing up with a webhosting company, whether foreign or local, take time to google up reviews and testimonials on the company.

the results of that research will save you a lot of headache in future.

all the best !
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by craziest: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2012
Please where can I host .gov.ng
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by rufaai(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2012
craziest: Please where can I host .gov.ng

You can register and host .gov.ng domains with www.gigalayer.com wink
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
yamakuza:

shared host means that eg 100 people/sites can use a server with 10gb hard disk at 100mb space/site etc.

the RAM on that server will also be divided by the number of sites on it, as well as the bandwidth.

while this can be cheap, economical or cost effective, the downside is that 1 site can bring down all the other 99 sites.

eg, if 1 site is hacked, the hacker can gain access to the other sites; or if 1 site has a process that uses too much memory, it can slow down all 100 sites.

to avoid this, mission critical sites are advised to get non-shared/dedicated hosting, which is more expensive (eg x100)

as per your initial question on foreign vs local hosts, i guess its safe to assume that all hosts are foreign, cos most (if not all) of the local webhosts have their servers abroad.

what differs is the line of support/customer service you get.

while foreign companies are more customer friendly, it might be easier to reach a local company in times of trouble.

when you do reach both companies however, their ability to resolve issues have little to do with their location, but with their skill/experience.

we have linux/windows gurus in Nigeria that can resolve your server issues within minutes, while some foreign companies will still be exchanging mails with you for 5 days or more. the reverse also happens.

ideally, before signing up with a webhosting company, whether foreign or local, take time to google up reviews and testimonials on the company.

the results of that research will save you a lot of headache in future.

all the best !
yes i am begining to get difrence.google is also a good start but i started d topic so i cud get more info abt it 4rm ppl that r already hosting n also any experience..wel can i say an example of shared host is Reseller hosting or a space which is been used by many website for jst one payment.??thanks evry1 is learning
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by yamakuza: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
solutions247: yes i am begining to get difrence.google is also a good start but i started d topic so i cud get more info abt it 4rm ppl that r already hosting n also any experience..wel can i say an example of shared host is Reseller hosting or a space which is been used by many website for jst one payment.??thanks evry1 is learning

yes
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by solutions247(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
yamakuza:

yes

Thanks alot.but wish local host is cheaper n relible u kw that you can recomend for a beginer to use? Lets say if am hosting my personal website
Re: Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? by yamakuza: 2:58am On Nov 15, 2012
solutions247: Thanks alot.but wish local host is cheaper n relible u kw that you can recomend for a beginer to use? Lets say if am hosting my personal website

look for the one you can afford on the thread below :

https://www.nairaland.com/849563/web-hosting-companies-nigeria-contact

(1) (Reply)

Free Cash Pulling Affiliate Website. Grab Yours Now And Start Making Cool$$ / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER / Facebook Page With 2K Likes. For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.