Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style (2013 Views)

Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider. / Foriegn Host / Nigerian Web Hosting Company..which Is Better? / N A I R A HOST Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by mtam(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
i'm into trobule now, i got a mail from this hosting company that i host 2 websites with that for one reason which they xpresd in grammar that they wld have to increase their charges by 400% i.e from NGN5000 to NGN20000.
Can u imagine? just like that! that mean by next due i wld be paying NGN35000 each for those websites,
NGN70 000 where i wan take c am
abeg make una help me follow them talk, tell them say we are satisfied with their services say make them no upgrade 00
www.n A I r A host.com

Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by cattis: 4:03am On Apr 20, 2010
Interesting. well, service providers have the right to change their strategy and prices. they have to act in the best interest of the business.

i suggest that you consider other hosts. you will be surprised at the excellent service offered by a few of them at very comfortable prices.

try out hostcontender.com. i've also done business with alireta.com and they blow my mind.

takia.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2010
That's what you get when you don't read the terms and conditions of web hosting firms before joining their bandwagon. But i wonder why host is that stingy, i offer my clients UNLIMITED addon domain at http://www.internetvisa.net
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by DualCore1: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2010
^^ don't blame it on the clients. Blame it on the people who thought being ridiculously cheap was a business advantage. How bad it has turned out(overtime). To think anyone sees this as a solution only makes me wonder who's doing consultancy for these pipz.

People have faithfully been with you for a long time despite all the obvious screw ups. Then u wake up on one of your frustrated mornings as usual and say to fix your screw ups, which in the past you never accepted were screw ups, you now have to up things ridiculously and tell them they can accept if or go to blazes for all you care.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by mtam(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
@dualcore Thank u o, i wonder y o, i tell u, there was a time my site was offline i then called but they never picked up, support tickets took days to get response. then they said bla bla bla their server was hacked that they wld restored the site soon, i waited for a week nothing happened o until i went 2 their office b4 i was given preference and the site came on in 2days
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by lagoshost(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
Yes,

Some of their clients are initiating transfer. I feel you should do same.

If you are willing, http://www.lagoshost.com will help move your domain name and your host.

Call any number of our site for more information.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2010
so what's the assurance that lagoshost is no different from them.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by naijaguy2(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
NAIRAHOST, HYMMM, KEEP MY FINGERS CROSS

Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Alireta: 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2010
For years, we have maintained that this price-cutting war going on in the web hosting sector is counter-productive. Running expenses (including power generation and internet access) are going up and people are offering huge disk spaces for next-to-nothing.

Even worse is the marketing gimmick called "unlimited hosting" (read more about unlimited hosting)

More webhosts will be forced to adjust, as some have done already. People don't learn from history. Anyone remember the bursting of the dot com bubble in the US years back?

If anyone needs reliability, fair prices and responsive customer service, you cannot go wrong with Alireta.com. You'll pay a little bit more, but will not have to worry about tomorrow.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2010
N a i r a host is going down the grain and the owner is not making things easy, you better move your files to another host before it's too late. You may want to try http://www.internetvisa.net
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Alireta: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2010
Afam4eva, we doubt that Nairahost is going down the drain like that. This decision will cause them to lose some clients, for sure, but go down the drain?

Its too soon for anyone to be saying that. You are likely to swallow your words.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by lagoshost(m): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2010
pc guru:

so what's the assurance that lagoshost is no different from them.

We are not Sir!
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by deltree(m): 6:27am On Apr 28, 2010
Pls o whats d address of Nairahost, My site just went down just like that, and my domain is now up for sale when i just renewed in february, I wanted to initiate a transfer and d page says "temporarily outta service" Help!!!!
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by DualCore1: 7:29am On Apr 28, 2010
LoL your domain has gone "premium"?
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by Afam(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2010
Service providers that focus on price wars will only regret their actions.

The good news is that these days customers are now more interested in quality services and not the cheapest services out there.

As they say, sometimes experience is the best teacher.

This same problem exist in the inverter backup business where overwhelming majority of people that have decided to use inverters end up complaining because they usually go for the cheap inverters from people who know very little about inverter backup from quality of inverter to battery bank sizing and the reliability of batteries.

This will continue until the average client learns to understand the basics of some of these products and services, only then will the service provider not be able to deceive, confuse or rip off a paying customer.
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by tdops: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2010
We had the same problems with Nairahost and we were forced to move all our domains to www.ideyforhere.com after we did not have access to Nairahost's control panel for over a month!!! To be sincere, Nairahost was a good gig while it lasted and we where quite happy with them until they decided to go premium.

Anyways it was a blessing on our side as it motivated us to leave our comfort zone and look for alternatives which we do not regret at all. I have the feeling that they will survive as some people will be interested in premium services just like how some people are interested in buying Lamborghinis. I do wish them all the best but the ship do sail and aint looking back grin grin grin
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by ikeobidi(m): 6:07am On Sep 20, 2010
I'm in a similar quagmire. 5,000 to 20,000?
That's utterly ridiculous!
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by jaccyraj: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2010
host just upgraded to unlimited services i think. You can call them. They should reason with you at least na we we

Joomla Video Tutorials www.acextra.com/joomla
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by friendehis(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2010
So many web hosting kpalava u cant really explain
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by suxes2005(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2010
Except my membership site on 9ja host,
i swear not to use 9ja host again jare

'em wahala to much jor

SHALOM
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by FNP: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
Well we are a UK/Nigeria based company with real offices in Nigeria and UK.

We aim to be the biggest IT online store in Nigeria within the next 3 years with 50,000 live products

--- www.chertcomputers.com ---------- www.cherthost.com ---------- Real unlimited hosting space
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by skycock: 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
email:tunde.ayoola@ymail.com
imei:356359044199578
ZTE mf180
Re: N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style by mrperfect(m): 1:59am On Jun 17, 2011
Old Thread

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need Verified Naija Adsense Which Has Received Payment I Will Pay 80k / Adsense Needed / Affordable Top Quality Seo Web Content Provider. Free Sample Trial Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.