Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? (2658 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by GidiMovies(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2012
What's the name of your church?

What kind of hope does he/she preach?

Financial satisfaction? Heavenly grace? 'A new car each year, for paying your tithes', or hell for your enemies, unless dem free you

Holla!
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by mumumugu(m): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2012
I post, only 4 views in d last 60 minutes. Yet, it made front page. Smh
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Oluwadare: 10:39am On Nov 11, 2012
That one day i will have my own private jet aswell.
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by heftyjay(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2012
Mfm.......deliverance

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2012
Hope in d risen Christ n d glory of d world 2 come
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Sagytarius(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2012
GidiMovies: What's the name of your church?
MFM

Financial satisfaction? Heavenly grace? 'A new car each year, for paying your tithes', or hell for your enemies, unless dem free you

Holla!
Option D, Die~Die tins lipsrsealed
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Christ cometh soon!
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by GidiMovies(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2012
All your enemies, holy ghost fire!!
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by WackyJ1(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
My Church MFM teaches seek ye first the kingdom of God and other things shall be added onto you then as people know, warfare against enemies who insist to stand in the way of your progress

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
Sagytarius: MFM

Option D, Die~Die tins lipsrsealed
LWKMD
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by BUSHMAN1: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
get rich! get rich!! get rich!!! get more rich!!! and quik!!
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by andrewozed: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
The Hope of the gospel is ressurection, glorification of our mortal bodies into the image of christ and eternal life. But sadly most churches don't preach this. If you look at the disciples ministry this was the core of their salvation that's why many of them were happy that they are afflicted because they had a hope, so they were happy that they could partake in the sufferings of christ so that they will attain a more glorious ressurection. But what do we have today? Bless me bless me, like leaches, and the foolish people run to such churches. I pray that God will enlighten the eyes of our understanding in Jesus name.
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by realsammie(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
This is a true story of what happen in my church today..
Today in church our Preacher said: "If I had all the beer in
theworld, I'd take it and throw it into the
river". And the congregation cried,
"Amen!"
"And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd
take it and throw it in the river". And the
congregation cried, "Amen!"
"And if I had all the whiskey and rum in the
world, I'd take it all and throw it in the river".
Again the congregation cried,
"Amen!"
After the sermon, the preacher sat down. The deacon
then stood up & said: "For our closing hymn,
let's turn to page 126 of our hymn books
and sing, 'We shall drink from that
river'".
THE CONGREGATION SCREAMED
HALLELUJAH!!!! and i was like WTF

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Bidexnoni: 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
I love my pastor bcuz he preaches about everytins u av mentioned above, bt especailly abt d 2nd kumin of Jesus christ, dat we shld repent of our sins n walk in God way. He said dos tins mentioned abv can only b gotten 2ru holiness n faith.
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by MORNDEW(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
[quote author=realsammie]This is a true story of what happen in my church today..
Today in church our Preacher said: "If I had all the beer in
theworld, I'd take it and throw it into the
river". And the congregation cried,
"Amen!"
"And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd
take it and throw it in the river". And the
congregation cried, "Amen!"
"And if I had all the whiskey and rum in the
world, I'd take it all and throw it in the river".
Again the congregation cried,
"Amen!"
After the sermon, the preacher sat down. The deacon
then stood up & said: "For our closing hymn,
let's turn to page 126 of our hymn books
and sing, 'We shall drink from that
river'".
THE CONGREGATION SCREAMED
HALLELUJAH!!!! and i was like WTF.
Lmao grin
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by Techwriter: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
DISCLAIMER
Most of the people claiming to be Christians here or who claim to go to church are just mocking Christianity. Though that is not to say there are no abuses going on in some churches. But if your pastor does not follow this priority, its time to change your church
1. The Hope of Heaven- seeking FIRST the kingdom of God. And even here we have
A)false assurance- those who live in sinful pleasures yet their pastor keep assuring them they will make it.
B) No Assurance: they don't even talk about the hereafter. As bad as this is, it is better than the first, becos it is easier for them to repent when they hear the true Gospel
C) Blessed Assurance: they are saved, and live it

2. The hope of making it here: Jesus preached it. All those who have left all to follow Him will gain everything back multiplied. So the basic step is leaving all- to be sold out to Him. We should be concerned about advancing God's kingdom not prosperity, deliverance etc. We should preach it though and teach the principles involved not just from the supernatural angle.
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by buoye1(m): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2012
Eternity.
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by manugbo(m): 5:21am On Nov 12, 2012
life-style evangelism and and enternity
Re: What Kind Of HOPE Does Your Pastor Preach? by rhymz(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2012
GidiMovies: What's the name of your church?

Holla!
whatever it is, it is al false hope. Christianity is built around false hopes and assumptions

(1) (Reply)

Protestant Sex Abuse Equals Or Exceeds Catholic Sex Abuse In The United States / Conflicting accounts on the Genealogy of Joseph in Luke and Matthew Gospels / Religious Facts You Dont Know(christ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.