Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President (9630 Views)

I Am Too Big To Be Edo Governor - Ex Jonathan's Aide / “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment / We Need Newspapers Like 234next In Nigeria. Too Much Is At Stake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by lakeside025(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
11.11.2012, 14:30  Politics

The President of the Republic of Rwanda, Paul Kagame, has said Nigeria, with its vast population and resources, has the capacity to solve its problems of corruption and underdevelopment.

Kagame, who said this in Lagos on Saturday, while speaking to young Nigerian professionals at a seminar organised by the African Personality Forum, noted that if Nigeria failed, the aftermath would reverberate across Africa.

He said, "Nigeria is too big, too resourceful to allow these things to continue. If there is a problem in Nigeria it would spread, even to as far as Rwanda. That is why we as Rwandans are ready to work together with Nigeria to solve our problems together and learn from each other."

After sharing his experiences as well as the progress recorded in his country in the past decade, Kagame warned Nigerian youths not to give up on the country and challenged them to take up the responsibility of changing the status quo.

He stated, "It starts and ends with the people. It is not the oil that is the problem or gas that is the problem or the lack of it that is problem, it is the people. And people can address any problem. You don't need to give up and say things have been like this for so many years, it won't change. Please don't give up. It is never too late, you can turn things around. In fact, this is a challenge for young people of Nigeria. People are looking to you for solution."

On corruption, Kagame said his country was able the deal with it by taking actions and implementing policies that helped build a system which helds people accountable.

He said the Rwandan government would not take all the credits for the success the nation recorded in fighting corruption, stating that much of it came as a result of positive response from the people.

He added that only strict implementation of policies and recommendations would help in eradicating corruption.

The Rwandan president insisted that the future of Africa was dependent on its human capital and not the West, stressing that African nations must, as a matter of priority, invest in their youth.

He said, "Africa has everything it needs for development. In fact, we are spoilt with resources that we can use to develop Africa. But how can we have everything and we do not have development? The answer lies in the young people.

"Some people think the large youth population of Africa is a problem, but I see it as an opportunity for development."

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-too-big-to-fail-rwandan-president/

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Callotti: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
Another 'siddon-tight' African leader.
Nigeria is already a failure.
Thank you sah! kiss
Now, mind your business! kiss

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by donniemc: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
Callotti: Another 'siddon-tighy' African leader.
Thank you sah! kiss
And you are just another Idi-ot!!

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by salam001(m): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
Amen
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by petrov10: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
i believ there is still hope for us sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Wilfredng: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sah! kiss
SMH
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by jide4lagos(m): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
?
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Shaw007(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
See a foreigner optimistic and hopeful about this country.this is someone who sees the potential the supposed sons of the soil do Not see. . .This is what i kp teLLing Pp. . The change wud not just occur. . .it starts with One step. . .
And The earlier we accept this and take actIons the beta 4 us

. . .If not,Nigeria(ppl) wiLL simply be the architect of her own doom if we continue dis way.

#GodblessNigeria

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by stacomaster(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sah! kiss
u nid a Doctor!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Its not about size...its about functionality!....That's why a Ferrari is not a Mack truck in size!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Wilfredng: 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Shaw007: See a foreigner optimistic and hopeful about this country.this is someone who sees the potential the supposed sons of the soil do Not see. . .This is what i kp teLLing Pp. . The change wud not just occur. . .it starts with One step. . .

. . .If not,Nigeria(ppl) wiLL simply be the architect of her own doom if we continue dis way.

#GodblessNigeria
[size=20pt][/size]
[size=20pt][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
I believe in Nigeria. Its possible to still become great.

I just need N1m to expand my business. Just N1million.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by lovetterrison(m): 7:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
donniemc:
ode...
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by lovetterrison(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sah! kiss
u make me insult the wrong Pesin.now now idiot fxzzking traitor..u get Luk say u no dey near me...big ode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Sagytarius(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
AFOLSNETWORKS: I believe in Nigeria. Its possible to still become great.

Give me ur account details, a
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
He want to appease us and get Nigerian investors grin
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2012
Sagytarius:
Give me ur account details, a

I'm serious and I mean business, if u also are, kindly send me ur email.
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by kaysy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sah! kiss
With the likes of people like this, i think we need to sign death warrant into law.... that will help reduce anti-development and ant-unity Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Redmosquito(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Minion: Ur Heartlessness! Is Nigeria really too big to fail?
Hades: Utter Rubbish! You should have told that to USSR in 1991 !
Minion: My Lord! Ur word is true.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by acidtalk: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
Wake up Old man, USSR was 50 times bigger than Nigeria in all ramification and yet it came down how much less Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by donniemc: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
acidtalk: Wake up Old man, USSR was 50 times bigger than Nigeria in all ramification and yet it came down how much less Nigeria.
Communisim was responsible for the fall of The mighty USSR...........No democratic Country the size of Nigeria with her vast resources can ever fail...............why do you think the Usa and China are courting us?..and BTW he is not an old man

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Callotti: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
Olekuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
Tell me sointin wey a nor fiti duuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Una say wetin? cool

. . .And we are only on page 1!
One blow five AMALAS!
Callotti! I di kwa 5 musssssssssssssssh!!!! cool

Wilfred_ng:
SMH

donniemc:

stacomaster: u nid a Doctor!

lovetterrison: u make me insult the wrong Pesin.now now idiot fxzzking traitor..u get Luk say u no dey near me...big ode

kaysy:

Next please! cool
With the likes of people like this, i think we need to sign death warrant into law.... that will help reduce anti-development and ant-unity Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by anonimi: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
donniemc:
Communisim was responsible for the fall of The mighty USSR...........No democratic Country the size of Nigeria with her vast resources can ever fail...............why do you think the Usa and China are courting us?..and BTW he is not an old man

Why do we indulge in so much self-deception? Why
Have you heard of Sudan, broken into two?
Ethiopia from where Eritrea separated?
Malaysia from where Singapore separated?
India from where Pakistan and Bangladesh separated?

Did USA diplomats not predict Nigeria will break up sometime
So much about courting you.
BTW, note it here that china WILL also break up ultimately.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Callotti: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
Callotti: [size=20pt]

Another 'siddon-tight' African DE-EKTATOR.
Thank you sah! kiss
Now, mind your business!
[/size]
kiss

I repeat. . . for a super PAWAFUUUUU EFFECT! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNucmHPkN7c

Instead of coming to Lagos to 'learn how to loot'. . . try and hold free and fair elections in YOUR country!
Thank you sir! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by anonimi: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Actually Kagame may be singing the tune of his fellow nomadic brothers in Northern Nigeria who have a keen interest to keep Nigeria one for Niger Delta's oil.
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by babaowo: 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2012
AFOLSNETWORKS: I believe in Nigeria. Its possible to still become great.

...14,20,12 ,22,23,2,5,..play all this number @ baba ijebu stand,honestly u will win more than #1million ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Callotti: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
Look who is talking? cheesy

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/28/opinion/Paul-Kagame-The-Darling-Dictator-of-the-day.html

[b][size=20pt]

The Darling Dictator of the Day

Kagame’s government asserted its power in the run-up to the 2010 presidential elections, when authorities barred most opposition political parties from registering for elections, closed down many independent newspapers, and witnessed the flight into exile of several prominent government officials who said they “feared for their lives.”

There were also three suspicious pre-election shootings. One of the exiled officials, Kagame’s former chief of staff, Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa, was shot in the stomach in South Africa after openly criticizing the Rwandan government. A Rwandan journalist, Jean Léonard Rugambage, was killed shortly after his article, which pointed to government complicity, was published. The deputy leader of the Green Party, which was among those unable to register, was found not only dead but with his head partly severed.

Kagame garnered 93 percent of the vote. Soon after the election, an exhaustively researched United Nations “mapping exercise” report led the veteran Rwanda expert Filip Reyntjens to state that “there is overwhelming evidence of responsibility for war crimes and crimes against humanity” against Kagame. A foreign expert (who asked not to be named) also reported the disappearance of “a large number” of Rwandan civil society members in 2007.
[/size][/b]

Ugly AFRICAN NIGGER! kiss
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by orelove4liff: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
Thank you sah! kiss
u re d biggest fool of d century! Are u rili a nigerian? I knw nigeria is ful of empty-headed idiot like u.nigeria wil get there either u lik it or nt.nigeria is movin bt nt at xpected rate.GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by sugardaddy1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
Shaw007: See a foreigner optimistic and hopeful about this country.this is someone who sees the potential the supposed sons of the soil do Not see. . .This is what i kp teLLing Pp. . The change wud not just occur. . .it starts with One step. . .

#GodblessNigeria
Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by sundaybam(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
Best way 2 deal with corruption in this country is to create a sharia law.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by Callotti: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
orelove4liff: u re d biggest fool of d century! Are u rili a nigerian? I knw nigeria is ful of empty-headed idiot like u.nigeria wil get there either u lik it or nt.nigeria is movin bt nt at xpected rate.GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Please, stick to the topic!
Writing like a dunce is not faking your stoopidity!
YOU ARE REALLY A DUNCE!
Nigeria is moving? To hell for sure. No return ticket!
Mu he he he he he he

Abeg, comot for road. . . with your 'YAHOO-YAHOO', short-hand/S-EXT-TEXT, impoverished, un-skilled, literary mode of writing.
Ajegunle AJE-BUTTER! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President by dnawah(m): 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
babaowo: ...14,20,12 ,22,23,2,5,..play all this number @ baba ijebu stand,honestly u will win more than #1million ...
if him no who nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment / Two Arab President Storm Nnamdi Kanu House PICS / South-East Should Align With North For 2023 Presidency – Senator Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.