Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. (2643 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Winners At Best Of Nollywood 2013 (photos) / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by Seewealth(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
we like copy copy. what is the meaning of nollywood. must we name our film industry after America's Hollywood, when we don't know the meaning. please people, suggest an indigenous name for us.we can pursue the change of mane by all means including legislation, especially now there is window of opportunity through the ongoing constitutional confab
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by Emmyk(m): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2012
If you wanna criticize something. You gatta have a better option.. So, lets hear the name u'l like it to be called first. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by Seewealth(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2012
i would suggest Nijamovind (Nigerian movie industry)or wazobia
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by VillageBoi(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2012
I think it's a case of 'like it or loathe it'... the name 'Nollywood' is here to stay!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by adegbitown: 8:34am On Nov 16, 2012
Nollywood means Not-Hollywood combined together. This was disclosed by Olu Jacobs in one of his exclusive interviews.
Not-hOLLYWOOD = NOLLYWOOD.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by somadino: 12:00am On Dec 08, 2012
I'm pretty sure this issue has come up here in the past. I suggested (still suggesting) the name NMI (for Nigerian Movie Industry) and though I know the name Nollywood wouldn't go away. None of my movies would be addressed as a Nollywood movie
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Nollywood-suggest An Indigenious Name Please. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nigerian "WannabeHolywood"

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Epic Yoruba Movie Thriller Titled MAAMI.... / Pictures: 19 Hilarious Movie Continuity Mistakes / Mortal Kombat Adapted To Movie In Ghana: It Might Be The Best MK Movie Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.