Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75706 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okay another 30 mins please.............
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ifaferanmi was settling with a plate of Amala to go with ewedu soup and chicken when he heard a call at his door. It was a call he was not expecting as he was not expecting to have any visitor that afternoon. He had thought he would be free and even the oraclewhich normally told him of an impending visitor was quiet to that so he ignored the callat his door and focused on his food. After all, even the messenger of the gods had to eat atsome point.
The voice called out again with a voice he did not recognize

“Good afternoon here, Is anybody home?”

He took another chunk of Amala into his throat and answered with disappointment;

“I will be with you shortly, just wait for me in the room there”

The voice replied

“I will wait but I don’t have much time as my business requires emergency so please Feranmi hurry”

Not a lot of people call him by that name, only those within the spiritual class who senior him by a lot of years dared call him that but the voice was not familiar so he washed his hands and hoped whatever their business was, it would be over before his food got cold. He drained his wet hand with a cloth and walked towards the consulting room to see a man seated there dressed in white. On top of the white the man was wearing was a Saka. A piece of clothing made like a mat but smaller and worn by only members of the initiate to signify their membership. Even he himself has one but not one so immaculate. This man must be far up the ladder in whatever cult he belonged to and whatever would made someone that far up come to see him means trouble or the that there is trouble coming.

“Good afternoon my father” Feranmi greeted.“To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit? Is there anything I can do for you?”
The old man looked at his and said;

“This is not about what you can do for me but what you can do for the whole world. There is a girl in the market place who seem to be under a spell of a sort and we want you to look at her”

The oracle could not understand this. How would he be of help in a case of possession? That was the district of the spiritualists and the initiates and not his.

“I don’t understand this old one, how does a little girl’s possession concern me? I don’t have the skills for this and I am hardly experience in it too”

The old man got up, walked towards the door and replied;

“I did not ask you to come help remove whatever spirit is in her did I? The spirit is her is my doing what we need you to do rather is translate what she is saying into a language we understand”

The oracle had heard of initiates doing that. The take out spirits from rocks, trees and put them in innocent kids in the hopes that the spirit would speak to them about the things of old and how to create more dark magic. Sometimes though good magic but both ways, it is evil and scary. Most of the times, the young child runs mad forever and the remaining times, the child would die.

And when considering that a lot of times, the spirit ends up not telling them anything useful, it was risky business and a very wicked one too but now, the initiate says his help is needed in translating the words the child is speaking which can only mean the child is not speaking the language of humans. Possibly the child was speaking a language reserved for the gods and the initiates could not understand it but why take such a child to the village market? The spirit could just escape from the child’s body and they will have a whole lot of trouble on their hands but he followed him anyway

On the way to the market, he noticed that a lot of people were heading home and just a few people were going in the direction of themarket. This was strange because at this timeof the day the market had more visitors but he remembered that there was supposed to be a blast coming up so most people would rather be home where they consider safe than risk being crushed by a piece of flying rock at high speed. They almost got to the market and he began to notice that most stalls was deserted and some women was even running away from the market as though she was being chased by the devil himself. More and more people were fleeing and it seemed like they were the only two people going towards the market center.

When they almost reached the centre, he noticed what made people run as even him felt hesitant to go any further. The initiates were having a ritual right in the market centre and in broad daylight at that.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
“This is rare” he said to himself and then he corrected himself “This is wrong and impossible” when he saw what their ritual was, There was a large circle drawn on the ground with a white powder there were menin white all standing on the sides of the circle, no doubt members of the cult. All of them old and their eyes showed no emotions. He knew its significance, it meant the area bounded by it was not in this world. A spirit or sprits were being held inside the circle and the circle would keep them there for as long as they want. Any break in the circle and it loses its potency and the spirits will be free to escape. But within the circle was something else.

Three girls were inside it and running around screaming in what seemed like pain. The oracle knew the spirits within the circle was moving out of one into another and causing the pain and it was certain that those three girls would die. It was not possible for them to survive this, in another corner were some women screaming. He assumed them to be the mothers of the children. Their tears are in vain now as they are being used.

As he came up to the edge, one of the girls looked to him and started running towards him but stopped at the edge of the circle and started chanting in a language only a few people in the world could understand and translate. The girls continued talking and thentheir voices came in one synchronized tone while the old man who brought him whispered to him;

“Translate”

They seem to keep quiet and then they started chanting again. Chanting the same things they said earlier as Ifaferanmi tried to listen but the words were lost on him. The translations were more of him being in a trans than him just hearing words and sayingthe meaning. All of a sudden, his eyes started feeling light as he lost all feelings and in his body. His mouth opened and words started to come from his lips.

And the dark one shall be released
His prison ripped open and his bonds broken
He shall come with revenge against the children of they who locked him away
And he shall come with his power and rage
Death it shall have on one hand
And fire on the other
None shall be able to stop him
None shall be able to stand in front of him
As his power shall visit his enemies
His darkness shall cover the sky
And the hearts of all shall cower
He comes…….
The evil one comes
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
Done
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd don't worry. Ur deeds shall be rewarded.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obinnau: Mynd don't worry. Ur deeds shall be rewarded.
By who? Pray tell
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Next update is in a week's timetonguetonguetonguetongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
By who? Pray tell
by me. Just have a little patience
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Ooh, this is exciting! Is that the creature Ojoade fought in the forest years ago? That makes Ojoade and Tunde his enemies, right

Mynddd!!!! grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijebabe: Ooh, this is exciting! Is that the creature Ojoade fought in the forest years ago? That makes Ojoade and Tunde his enemies, right

Mynddd!!!! grin
read the prophecy again
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
read the prophecy again
Who else could it be? Prison ripped open...bonds broken...evil one
The gods are not evil unless you mean a creature like Hades or Leviathan. I dey wait sha!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Come here ke? Why na? Wetin happen?
see question o! You no go come continue?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
brokoto: see question o! You no go come continue?
Lai lai....No light and I don tire
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijebabe:
Who else could it be? Prison ripped open...bonds broken...evil one
The gods are not evil unless you mean a creature like Hades or Leviathan. I dey wait sha!
i think it should be sango himself, reborn in a mans flesh.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obinnau: i think it should be sango himself, reborn in a mans flesh.
or maybe the god of war; Ogun......
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
I can't believe I almost missed the last update! Myndddddd! Your story don de confuse me Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
brokoto: I can't believe I almost missed the last update! Myndddddd! Your story don de confuse me Ooº°˚˚˚°º‎​oO
Where did you start being confused?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
Obinnau: i think it should be sango himself, reborn in a mans flesh.
Sango is not evil so I have ruled out the gods, even Ogun
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
That's your plan jor. It won't work tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Osgee(m): 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
I feel d monster iz abt 2 b awakened
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
yeah right! *rolling eyes*
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
You people's confusion is confusing me
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijebabe: Perhaps Lekan was speaking Parseltongue to the snake? grin

i think this name so tay my head wan burst e no gree me remember...probably somebody (most certainly not lekan) will be able to speak parseltongue...its getting better, mynd please step on the gas.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by AngelEbi(f): 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44: You people's confusion is confusing me
Make una stop to dey confuse am na

Mynd please write it as u feel although my mind is going on an overdrive, wondering who d evil one is.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijebabe: Ooh, this is exciting! Is that the creature Ojoade fought in the forest years ago? That makes Ojoade and Tunde his enemies, right

Mynddd!!!! grin
if i slap ur aproko mouth ehn, you will learn how to read and keep quiet or talk to urself
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by IZUKWU(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd doing what he knows best and . . . . . .
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
dubem3: if i slap ur aproko mouth ehn, you will learn how to read and keep quiet or talk to urself
Shut up and stop spitting everywhere!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
The next update is ready but no network......I wan finish this story next week or this week if possible so I am going hyper-drive on it not compromising on quality though.....If I get tired, I might slow down a bit but if not.......
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44: The next update is ready but no network......I wan finish this story next week or this week if possible so I am going hyper-drive on it not compromising on quality though.....If I get tired, I might slow down a bit but if not.......
.....fire away! 180mph. grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by UjSizzle(f): 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Phew *wipes brow* done updating. Nice one Sugar, oya update sharply smiley
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijebabe:
Shut up and stop spitting everywhere!

you must really be feeling cool with ur self.
why not go home to old uncle rukus ur sweet heart and leave us the heck alone. bla bla bla everywhere like u just learnt how to talk.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
^Are you on drugs or your period? Stop derailing this thread and take ur madness elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.