Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (21980 Views)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:52am On Sep 28, 2013
The story below is an exclusive work of the author, Mynd_44. All forms of reproduction in parts or full without prior written permission of the author may is un-allowed. No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical or otherwise)

This is a work of fiction. A result of my boredom and crazy imagination. Names, characters, Places and incidents either are the result of said imagination and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business organization, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

Bullcrap aside, this is a result of me thinking, it does not have any truth in it. I know how a lot of people roll so please don’t think any part of this actually happened or will happen

Mynd_44 September, 2013

Sequel to this https://www.nairaland.com/1100156/tri-paternal-son
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:56am On Sep 28, 2013
Pits for eyes
Slittering through the forest floors
Cannot and will not be tamed
Get on her bad side and pay the consequences
The queen of the crawlers makes her way through the rocks and bushes.
The queen of the venoms has business once more in the scene of the war
The queen of the forked tongue is not happy with his subjects
She has risen
And those her anger is on better beware
Her tongue will pick your scent
Her large body wrap around you
Her venom has no antidote
Her voice is paralyzing
And none will escape her
She awakes with a fury and a passion like no other
For she has awoken and you all will pay for that.

A story and a dream have a lot of similarities; top on the list is that you can never tell how you get into a dream or how you find yourself in the situations of the dream. You just know that the author creates a reality, puts things there and from there, your dream starts. A dream is also like that and the mind creates a surreal environment which most times is almost like reality but you will still smell the impossibility of that situation. If you ever stopped to look back in your dream, you will find that you won’t be able to find any history behind it.

He found himself walking and that was as much as he could remember. He tried to stop to find out why he was walking in that direction and he found out that he could not; for some reason, he was compelled to walk forward and into first the thickets. Then the bushes got stronger and thicker, he could remember not seeing a single tree after what seemed like hours of walking but soon he came to the first tree and it was on fire. The fire did not burn wildly with red as a normal wild bush fire should be but it burned with a beautiful but dangerous looking purple and he wanted to stay and see why but he could not stop.

He looked to his feet and he got a sensation there; he had been walking without shoes and he began to feel his feet get soiled by the rich black soil of the Rain forest. He smelled the smoke from the tree which was burning (now behind him) and the smell was not that which threatened him, if there was ever a smoke that smelled good, it was that. He still kept walking as though his legs were not his. He could feel every step he took but it was as if he was in a body he borrowed as he had no control over it. Soon more and more trees appeared in the bushes and there were all on fire.

The fire from the trees gave the surrounding a gholly sight and in the night which he had found himself, he thought it was actually beautiful. The air was still; it was present and the smoke from the trees which was bright silver was seen but he could not remember the smoke taking any definite direction. He just saw the smoke rise from the flames and into the empty and cloudless night.

He kept walking and noticed another feature of his environment which was the huge pieces of rock lying around everywhere in no particular order. The rocks stood everywhere around him and sometimes even hung on the trees which were on fire. to him, it was a peculiar sight; one he had not seen and he doubted it was possible. But the rocks did more than add to the description of the environment, it told him a little of where he was as he could not help but feel that he knew where he was. He looked around for sight of life and for the first time in what seemed like hours of tiredless and meaningless walk, he realized that he had not heard anything from the forest.
Not a bird sang and no animal ran past him even though it looked wild to him. The forest was calm and quiet and even the sky seemed which was perhaps the only normal thing in the environment did not look real to him. The silver smoke from the trees was beginning to form clouds just a couple of hundred feet above his head and as more trees burned, the clouds got thicker but he still found himself walking forward and not stopping.

1 Like

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 4:59am On Sep 28, 2013
The forest got thicker as he saw more tress; first the small and short one and then gradually, he came across tall trees with trunks that were larger than he was. The more trees he found, the more the undergrowth of the forest reduce evidently because they could not get enough sunlight to allow them survive. And as the tree grew taller, he noticed that the more the purple fire burned on the trees. The trunks did not seem to burn neither did the branches. Only the top of the trees were on fire and for some reason, he could not feel the heat from the purple fire which was the first thing that made him think he could not be somewhere real. Even though the forest seemed to be on fire, he could not feel the heat from the fire and his mind was fighting that feeling. His mind found it difficult to accept that it was possible for the trees around him to burn and he did not even break a sweat but still, he walked on.

Soon there was so much rock on the forest floor that navigating around them became a very difficult task but he did so effortlessly as though he was used to the forest and the rocks. He knew exactly where to go and where to place his legs. He tried using his hands so he could get a feel of the rocks but he discovered that he could not move them or better still, he could not feel anything through them. His hands were not responding to the commands of his brain. They were going with the theme he had that the body he was in which he thought was his was not; the theme that suggested that he was being brought and the body was just a means of transportation.
Soon the lack of control started getting to him after he walked for another couple of minutes and his mind decided he had had enough. He started fighting within himself and trying to get freed because. He shook himself within the body but the body did not even flinch, he simply kept on walking forward towards a destination he did not know. Soon, he reached a little stream and he thought he would stop but he did not. He simply put his legs into the water and walked to the other side of the stream. He had thought he would feel the water on his feet and legs but the same thing happened. He knew the water was there, he knew he was in the water but he could not feel the water.

When he got to the other side of the stream, he began to hear voices all around him but he did not see anything. The whole forest that stood on the side of the stream he was no walking through had the same qualities as the one he was in before but this time, it came with voices all around. The voices were too incoherent and from the sound, it was not that of one person. It sounded more like reverberations of a single voice but at the same time, it sounded like the sound of a lot of people talking at the same time. It sounded like a crowded market place and everyone was trying to buy things at the same time. Still he pressed on without knowing where he was gong or why he was going there even as his mind tried to do something to take control of the body he possessed.

He began to get his thoughts into one stream and he began to see the possibility that this might be a dream or perhaps he was imagining things. he even thought any moment, he would wake up and be able to think about what was happening but nothing like that happened instead he kept walking until he saw it in front of him.

In the light provided by the burning trees and the light that came from the clear sky above him, he saw a massive pile of rocks ahead of him but that was not what caught his attention, it was the fact that something was moving where the rocks where. The rocks were spread out and covered a large area but the movement was at the same time as it was just one object moving and his mind told him it could not be possible. He had already resigned that he was either on some medications or dreaming so it did not surprise him that he was seeing things which was not “normal”

The voices continued around him and soon, he could make it out clearly and what he thought was the same voice turned out to be hissing. The hissing was although not steady as it came in pitches as though there were words between them and someone was saying something and hissing at the same time. He looked ahead and he saw that the object he had thought was moving on the pile of rocks ahead had moved away and was another pile some distance away. He saw that he was walking straight at the pile where whatever it was was and he could an anticipation rise inside him; he would finally find out where he was and what was going on.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 5:02am On Sep 28, 2013
The hissing voice got clearer a he got closer and in the dark, he could make out some part of the rock pile in front of him. On top of the rocks, he made out a cylindrical shape there which seemed to curve out like a pipe all around the pile. The shape also seemed to move a little every now and then. He kept his eyes on the shape and in the purple light of the burning trees; he saw for the first time that the shape he had seen belonged to a snake or a lot of snakes. The body was huge and long so he thought it could not have been one snake; actually that decision was taken by his mind as it could not accept that one single snake could be that long and around every curve and bend, he could see part of the snake but he kept walking towards the snake until he saw a sight that froze him solid.

On one corner, he saw a human covered in blood, the eyes were bulging out of their sockets and the body was mangled and deformed. He could not see the body well as it another body was coiled around it. The body around it was undoubtedly a snakes and the snake was slowly constricting the human. The human was so unrecognizable that he could barely make out if it was male or female. The mouth was opened and the look through the eyes said shock and pain. It also told him about fear and the body looked tired.

Soon the hissing noise increased and he began to make sense and words out of it;

“I must feed. Yes I will feed on their bodies and their soul will make me stronger. I will feed on those who try to stop me and anyone who decides to take me one shall die from the body residing in my body and their souls shall strengthen my old and ancient body”

Slowly, a head emerge from somewhere and the mouth opened. The snake’s head was huge and the eyes were expressionless except for cold evil which he could feel within his bones. His mind told him that the snake, whatever it was, was not something to be trifled with. The snake started swallowing the human and within seconds, the body was going down that of the snake and then the snake looked up at him for the first time.

“I see you” the snake hissed. “You have wandered into my house and world and I shall feed on you like I have fed on everyone else. You will feel my power crush your tiny body and hear your own bones break and then you will feel me swallow you”

The snake’s head rose and the body moved as it carried the head towards the man slowly. Inside those cold and evil eyes of the snake, he saw something else; he saw the person the snake just swallowed as though the person was alive inside the snake and the person was living

“I will have a feast with you and my power shall increase” the snake hissed as its head rose.
Suddenly, the snake stopped moving some distance away from his head. In the time the snake stopped moving, he knew one thing, the snake was female as the hissing voice was and the eyes told him so too. It stopped for some seconds and almost suddenly, the mouth opened as it prepared to deliver a strike to him and that was when he woke up in his bed. He was not in the forest where the trees were burning with purple flames anymore instead he was in an air-conditioned room. He found himself sitting upright as he shuddered in fear of the dream he just had. A woman got up from beside him and rubbed her eyes slowly

“What wrong baby?” she said sleepily “Were you having a bad dream?”

He muttered something that sounded like a “yes”

She was not really interested in the dream but was worried about the abruptness in him sitting upright so fast and almost violently so she asked;

“What was it about?”

He could not really make sense of what he saw, he did not understand but just one word came out of his mouth

“Mila”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by UjSizzle(f): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2013
shocked *shivers*

Ok, continue but i don't sleep well today you'll be held responsible
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Obinnau(m): 6:43am On Sep 28, 2013
Mynd makes a comeback. @UJ, fear not and enjoy.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by chistar01(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2013
Following...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by An0nimus: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2013
chistar01: Following...
Same
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by beyonDskygirl(f): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2013
This is scary.. But i can't stop myself from going to the front seat...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by dont8(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2013
I am behind you...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Royver(m): 9:57am On Sep 28, 2013
continue...
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 10:29am On Sep 28, 2013
*cringes* This is so scary,was held spellbound.More pls.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2013
U didn't think 2 inform "ME' that you've started another story angry
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2013
uj_sizzle: shocked *shivers*

Ok, continue but i don't sleep well today you'll be held responsible
It's not that scary na
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Obinnau: Mynd makes a comeback. @UJ, fear not and enjoy.
"Comeback"? I never went anywhere na
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2013
Follow well ooo
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:19am On Sep 28, 2013
An0nimus:
Same
Even you dey do follow follow?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:19am On Sep 28, 2013
beyonDskygirl: This is scary.. But i can't stop myself from going to the front seat...
It is not scary!!!!
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2013
Royver: continue...
Why?
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:21am On Sep 28, 2013
Tovot: *cringes* This is so scary,was held spellbound.More pls.
It is not scary jorh and don't use words like "spellbound" here ooo

1 Like

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:22am On Sep 28, 2013
Ms Spaqs: U didn't think 2 inform "ME' that you've started another story angry
Sorry...no vex
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2013
“What is that?” his wife asked as she was not really sure if her husband had snapped out of his dream yet

“Nothing, I just remembered something I was supposed to take care of at work earlier; it has nothing to do with my dream” he said quietly as he realized he could not really tell his wife he had a nightmare of a talking snake especially when the government had ordered him to kept mute over the issue.

For years, he had wished the issue would not creep back into his reality and apart from panic attacks he suffered when he was rescued, he did not get any major damage from the events that happened more than ten years ago in some village deep in the hills of Osun. He had escaped with a boy and a talking snake then but who would he go mouthing off to? That a seasoned geologist, who is heavily paid for his services believes that there are snakes that talk, there are witches who fight evil and that the God Sango, is inherent in a boy somewhere was not something he thought would make him look sane. Not by a long shot.

He climbed out of bed and looked at the time on his phone 3:15 the time read. And he walked towards the bathroom. His wife went back to bed immediately not worrying herself her husband’s issues. He has always been one who kept some things to himself and she has realized in the seven years that they are married that it was better to wait for him to talk than try to get it out of him.

The man walked through the huge bedroom and opened the toilet half expecting something out of the ordinary there but when he opened it, he just saw his normal expensive looking bathroom and toilet with the same mirrors and the same old rug that has always been there. He took a deep breath of relief and took a leak. He pulled out a toothbrush from a transparent locker just about the wash hand basin, applied some toothpaste over it and started to brush his mouth with the images of his dream leaving his mind and the job he was working on gradually coming into his head.

The job he was handling was a little bit tricky and he needed his concentration, they had taken soil and rock samples and sent it to the laboratories for testing. He was sure that from the rock samples, he would find something valuable below the surface of the ground but that is the way it is done before a rock is blasted into bits and he was willing to follow protocol. He brushed still lost in his own head and not even paying attention to the mirror in front of him when he felt cold sensation in his chest. He left the toothbrush in his mouth which was still filled with foam caused by the scrubbing effect of the brush on his teeth and tried to rub his chest when the light in the bathroom went off.

He looked around in the dark thinking the power supply was cut off and he remembered that they were on generator and he could still hear the generator running in the early morning silence. He heard a click as the lock on the bathroom door which had not worked in months (what married couple lock their private bathroom?). He heard wind blow against the windows of the bathroom creating a howling sound which sounded too loud to be the same howling sound he was accustomed with. In the darkness, he looked towards the bathroom and wondered what was happening but the feeling in his chest became more than a tingle and was almost becoming painful. He thought about shouting for help but he did not know how much help that would do as he still believed that he was lost in some kind of dream. Then he saw the little tattoo on his chest begin to glow a special kind of unearthly light.

The tattoo as he had called it to everyone was not really a tattoo but a relic from a battle he had fought ten years ago and was more or less a means to be in contact with an important ally who he had not seen since the battle so he had thought it was no longer effective. The tattoo shone until it seemed to illuminate the entire bathroom and suddenly he saw the same glow come out of the mirror in front of him. he heard the same hissing noise he had heard in his dream and the same multiple incoherent voices he had heard except this could not be happening. He was out of his dream and he could not be seeing things like this in his bathroom his mind told him.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:28am On Sep 28, 2013
“Look at me” the hissing voice said inside his head and he did not know where to look. He fixed his gave on the scar on his chest but he heard the voice say;

“Look up and see me”

He looked up thinking he would be looking at the ceiling but something caught his eye in the mirror. It was a snake; like the one he saw in his dream. It was the same shape and it looked huge. The head had pits as nostrils were dark and the eyes only told of evil, darkness and hunger. Its forked tongue slid out of its mouth and just when he thought he had seen the worst, the snake seemed to come out of the mirror.

Its head was protruding from the mirror and it seemed like it will jump out and attack him but it stood there for a few seconds and said in its hissing and ice cold voice which only seemed to sound in the man’s head;

“You must not return”

Suddenly, everything went back to normal. The noise caused by the wind on the windows stopped, he heard the lock on the bathroom door reverse itself and the glow on his chest suddenly stopped too. He was left with his mouth opened and saliva mixed with foam from the toothpaste was falling to the ground from his mouth as a result of the shock of what he saw. He stood away from the mirror as he had and then the tap which had stopped just before the lights went out started running again at its normal speed. He looked into the mirror unable to believe what just happened.
He stood there for almost five minutes and then he walked towards it as he realized that the mixture from his mouth was messing up the bathroom floor and the thought that his confidence began to return. He had just started brushing his mouth but he felt he had had enough and he stopped immediately and washed the foam off. He walked to where the mop was kept and he cautiously picked it up almost half expecting it to turn into a snake when he touched it.

He cleaned the floor and walked out of the bathroom but he did not run so as not to scare his wife. He did not know if he was hallucinating or whatever was happening to him was real and he was not about to allow himself be told to go see a shrink because he was seeing things.

He thought of crawling back into bed to get some more sleep before dawn but the thought of having another dream like he just did told him he would not sleep even if he downed a load of sleeping pills. His eyes were opened and he could hear his heart pace and beat as though it was going to jump out of his rib cages.

He was looking towards the bed and his wife stirred. He usually enjoyed watching her sleep but today, he took a step back when she did out of fear but he calmed himself. He watched her put her hand close on where he was supposed to be and the realization that he was not beside her woke her up. His wife has always accused him of sneaking off to meet the maid or her sister in the middle of the night but she has never caught him (Probably because it was a lie). She suddenly sat up the way he sat up when he woke up and she turned to see him standing and looking at her.
She tilted her head a little to the left wondering what he was doing standing in the middle of a semi-dark room looking at her;

“What are you doing there?” She asked

‘I went to the bathroom to brush and I was just looking at how beautiful you are when you sleep”

Her face broke out into a smile as she felt warm inside and she said;

“Well why not come and admire that beauty beside me; I am cold”

Bells went off in his head as even though he knew he is not likely to sleep, he knows that he would probably be intimate with her if he goes to her and he always falls asleep after that. He thought of a quick solution and said;
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2013
“I can’t right now. I have to finish a report for work”

She gave him a disappointing look and then settled back into bed while he walked to the reading table in the room and opened his laptop. He has never been comfortable lying to her but in this case, he knew lying was the best bet he had until he can figure out what happened to him in the bathroom. The dream might just be a part of his past being drawn out by his imagination but the event that happened in the bathroom told him it was something else; something he was too afraid to admit was real.

He wanted to switch on the laptop and remembered how he saw the snake inside the mirror of his bathroom and he decided against it. Instead, he walked to his phone which was beside his bed and logged into his e-mail account. He composed a short mail and sent it to an addressed he had never used before but was always on his contact. The message was short and read;

“Something is happening, we have to talk”
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by kayemjay(m): 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Very good Mynd. Spotted a few things though.

But still, very good!

1 Like

Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by pricelesslove(f): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
You are too good my dear, more gress to ur elbow.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by pricelesslove(f): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
you are too good my dear, more gress to your elbow.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lol why is the word a taboo in the story?
Mynd_44:
It is not scary jorh and don't use words like "spellbound" here ooo
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Obinnau(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
each update is a wow, but rug in a bathroom? The man too dey fear o.
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Tovot: Lol why is the word a taboo in the story?
Cos of the spell in it
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Obinnau: each update is a wow, but rug in a bathroom? The man too dey fear o.
It is a sort of carpet but the material is made of rug.....
Re: <<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> by Tovot: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
hmmm,the story even comes with its own rules..... intrigue at its best .
Mynd_44:
Cos of the spell in it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Love In My Favour / Katherine Eta Is 3rd Winner In The MOSWC 2017 Held In Disneyland / What Is An Unseen Prose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.