Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record (27277 Views)

Martins Set New Goals Record / Can Messi Break Pele goals record / Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by yyb14: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
lastpage:

Lionel Messi is very GOOD, no doubt! Extremely Good footballer.

..But "IF" Pele had the benefit of "rules and incessant Penalty for diving" that Barca and Messi have today, ....in the days of Pele, we wont be talking about anyone equaling his goal tally in the next TWO LIVES!

Any player that could score a single goal in those days of "[size=14pt]rampant double-legged tackles and unbridled elbowing[/size]", would score ten in every match, in todays "over-protective" football.

Dont even compare Pele to Messi, they dont live or play in the same "game" or "era". True that!
wink wink

Lastpage!
messi hater
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Timijo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=48pt]There are two best footballer in the world, Lionel Messi and others.[/size]
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by emmke(m): 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:
David Becks, Owen, Rud Van Nisteroy, Ronaldo Delima, Ronaldinho, you want more? Ibramovic 60m euro, Chygirinsky 30m, Helb, Song, Alexis, just to mention few
lmao...only CR7 and Nistelroy actually made impact in la liga. Becks was more of an off field hit (selling shirts and all) and was never really that fantastic on field. As for the others, majority were actually flops while Alexis and Ibra are not even products of epl.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:
Ibramovic cost Barcelona 60m euro, Song is your latest acquisition, Marcelo, Contrao, Falco, Alvex ( Barcelona right back), Alexis, Macherano, let me know if you need more

what are you saying? i'm lost
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
honeric01:

A product of the Portuguese League. say something else.
Oh yeah... He became a world beater while in Portugal
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by honeric01(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
nitlad: Oh yeah... He became a world beater while in Portugal

Give us a product of the EPL that's making wave and stop this childish argument.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by caukerzee(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:
David Becks, Owen, Rud Van Nisteroy, Ronaldo Delima, Ronaldinho, you want more? Ibramovic 60m euro, Chygirinsky 30m, Helb, Song, Alexis, just to mention few
david becks wasnt near good as he was in the epl when he went to the la liga, owen was a flop in madrid, ronaldinho, delima, alexis,chygrinsky and ibramovic never played in the epl. heleb and song did not and is not shinning in the la liga respectiuely, the only player in the list you mentioned that thrived in la liga after a move from the epl is van nisterooy. get your facts right mate.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
I think goal numbers shouldn't be used to rate best player but something beyond that. I think I prefer Cristian Ronaldo to Messi professionally. However, who I my to say because I don't actually know much about soccer!
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by sirp2007: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
honeric01:

You mean the same league that has Athletico Madrid that disgraced Chelsea and also the league that has Bilbao that disgrace Man United home and away? wake up, there's nothing bad with the defenders, just that Messi is just too good, if you doubt me, ask Leverkusen and co.

AND 2 ADD TO IT MALAGA IS TOPPING SO ALSO IS VALENCIA MAKING 3 OUT OF 4 SPANNISH SIDE TOPPING THEIR GROUPS Y ONLY MANU IS D EPL TEAM TOPPING THEIR GROUP.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
caukerzee: a greater pecentage of pele's 1281 goals were scored in meaningless and non-competitive charity matches and friendlies. plus there was no offside rule. you speak as tho football is an individual sport. football is a team sport. Pele did not win the world cup alone, he was just one star among other stars. you cant compare the peles 1956 brazil team to the present messis argentina team. peles team was much better.
Now its a team sport I thought it was all about Messi
Argentina's essembles for the past decade or so have be mediocre right?
Talking about mediocre teams, Maradona played amongst mediocre players, yet he dragged them to conquer all and reach the pinnacle of the sport.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
My
#merciless Messi ....Ride on Man,the firmament is ur limit
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Whobedatte(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
Players like messi comes in every 60 years while players like CR7 comes every 3-4 years. The last messi was maradona, while the last CR7 was Ronaldhino. Its unfortunate CR7 had to come @ the era of messi, messi is second to god!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by deletrue: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
Jimbadly: Simply sensational! Who says he is not the best footballer of all time. He has shattered most football records and looks good enough to beat Mueller's record. It is almost certain he'll win the ballon d'or yet again. It might take another century for someone else to break these records. The beauty of it all is that he is so humble and unassuming.
Where were you since? or maybe i did not take note of you. You are so so observant! I like people like you to always make contributions because you sound so straight to the point. messi is the most humble footballer i have witnessed in my time. Do you also know that God uplift humble people? Am sure that is the cause of his football success record.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
emmke: lmao...only CR7 and Nistelroy actually made impact in la liga. Becks was more of an off field hit (selling shirts and all) and was never really that fantastic on field. As for the others, majority were actually flops while Alexis and Ibra are not even products of epl.
My point is, player moves from one team to another, not just players moves from very league to EPL. EPL buy players just like any other team, meanwhile both BECK and Owen won the league for Madrid

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
sir-p2007:

AND 2 ADD TO IT MALAGA IS TOPPING SO ALSO IS VALENCIA MAKING 3 OUT OF 4 SPANNISH SIDE TOPPING THEIR GROUPS Y ONLY MANU IS D EPL TEAM TOPPING THEIR GROUP.
I can guarantee you that two EPL teams will make it to the semi or even three
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Whobedatte(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
nitlad:
Talking about mediocre teams, Maradona played amongst mediocre players, yet he dragged them to conquer all and reach the pinnacle of the sport.
You know nothing about football , So sharrap!!! No player has ever dragged a mediocre team to the world cup title. The team all round would be good , only he would be an excepptional player. Hear what Jorge Valdano has to say and i quote, Maradona was an exceptional player , a leader of the pack , in the midst of equally good talents. Will maradona/pele drag a liberian , pakistan or togolese team to the world cup title? A team that has Jorge Valdano, the former sporting director@ real madrid, Claudio Buruchaga and the rest is a mediocre team? Do U even know the meaning of mediocre?
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
honeric01:

Give us a product of the EPL that's making wave and stop this childish argument.
Ok... Well Yaya Toure and Aguero are no products of La Liga too. Are they?
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:
My point is, player moves from one team to another, not just players moves from very league to EPL. EPL buy players just like any other team, meanwhile both BECK and Owen won the league for Madrid
Thank you.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Jluvu: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
yyb14: messi hater
you are absolutely right Including tackles from behind. but messi! messi!! messi!!! sad
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2012
honeric01:

Football is about time and era.

Cese grew up in Assnal, Piqué made Barca first team immediately He returned to Spain. Xabi Alonso was also breed in EPL
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by ogirishi: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
MESSI deserves world best, he has broken all fifa record
including sepp shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Kposkila: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
merci is d hero of our time, humble n of a gud character,team player ,he deserves al d accolades!
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by quicksylva(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
Has he won the world cup? No. Can he score 1000 goals before he retires from football? No. His current official goals for barca is 312 goals and he hasn't played for any other club except barca.

What trophy did berca & argentina win last season? Someone should answer this question. On the other hand cristiano ronaldo won the league title with real madrid and messi scored the highest number of goals in the league for barca followed by ronaldo. Ronaldo deserve to be crowned the fifa best player of the year, my reason is because in season of 2010 barca won the domestic league (intermilan were the champions of europe), ronaldo had a fantastic season and he scored most goals in the league, yet messi was crowned the best football player that year,reason was because he won the league and ronaldo didn't win any major title with his club or country.

Note. Am not a maldrid fan, infact i don't support any spanish club.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by caukerzee(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
nitlad:
now you dont know what you re talking about. fyi, maradona scored 2goals in that world cup he won. his team did everything. the only reason he got all the attention was because of his 'hand of god' goal and the goal which he dribbled from the center of the feild pass five players. get your facts right.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 1:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
Whobedatte: You know nothing about football , So sharrap!!! No player has ever dragged a mediocre team to the world cup title. The team all round would be good , only he would be an excepptional player. Hear what Jorge Valdano has to say and i quote, Maradona was an exceptional player , a leader of the pack , in the midst of equally good talents. Will maradona/pele drag a liberian , pakistan or togolese team to the world cup title? A team that has Jorge Valdano, the former sporting director@ real madrid, Claudio Buruchaga and the rest is a mediocre team? Do U even know the meaning of mediocre?
Lol
You are just a typical example of a modern day football 'fan' who thinks everything about football is what he is has seen in the past 7 to 10 years he's been watching the sport.
One thing you should know is the individual brilliance and genius of certain players in a team can radiate through and turn average players into world beaters. It was so for Dixie Dean, it was so for Giuseppe Meazza and it was so for Maradona.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by pressongodsay(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Messi keeps on setting records by breaking the already sets records. The question is who will be able to break all thes records he is setting. C Ronaldo?
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
caukerzee: now you dont know what you re talking about. fyi, maradona scored 2goals in that world cup he won. his team did everything. the only reason he got all the attention was because of his 'hand of god' goal and the goal which he dribbled from the center of the feild pass five players. get your facts right.
People can lie.

Are you saying he only scored against England? Because he scored two against England.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by nitlad: 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
caukerzee: now you dont know what you re talking about. fyi, maradona scored 2goals in that world cup he won. his team did everything. the only reason he got all the attention was because of his 'hand of god' goal and the goal which he dribbled from the center of the feild pass five players. get your facts right.
lol
So Maradona was a bit part player for Argentina huh? I bet he was insignificant for Napoli too.
Please can you name 7 true world beaters from Argentina's Mexico '86 team?
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
pressongodsay: Messi keeps on setting records by breaking the already sets records. The question is who will be able to break all thes records he is setting. C Ronaldo?
Messi should come and break CR7 English records.
The highest league goal
The only EPL player to have won Fifa World best player
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by caukerzee(m): 2:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:

1.david becs was not near as good as he was in epl when he was playing in the la liga.
2.ronaldinho, delima, chygrinsky, ibramovic NEVER PLAYED IN THE EPL!!!
3.owen was regarded a flop in madrid.
4. heleb and song did not shine and is not shining respectively, in the la liga. the only player you could make a case for in the above you listed is van nisterooy. get your facts right.
Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by caukerzee(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
dorothy111:
they won the leauge WITH madrid not for madrid. they did not play any important role in madrids sucess. beck was on the bench most of the time with the tag 'super sub'. while owen was a flop among the galaticos.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record by cheddarking(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
CR7 > Messi

CR7 SH1TS on MESSI any day, any time

My beloved grandmother on her wheel chair would break pele's record if she had Xavi and Iniesta assisting her...

Once again CRISTIANO RONALDO SH1Ts and P1SSES on MESSI allday,everyday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed / Marcelo All Smiles With Family At Fifa Football Awards (PHOTO) / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2019 CAF Women's Best Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.