Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? (2288 Views)

Can You Adopt A Child That Is Not Your Biological Child? Any Challenges? / Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Techwriter: 3:10am On Nov 12, 2012
President Barak Obama has only two daughters. The implication of this is that the name Obama is near extinction in the United states after the demise of the president. As an African man, would you tow Obama and Clinton's path? If you are his brother, would you advice him to adopt a son in other to preserve his name? What does he stand to loose? Lets compare US and Africa for a while, are there lessons our typical son-seeking African man should learn from the US or is it them that should learn from Africa
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 3:30am On Nov 12, 2012
not again.

what is it with this low IQ epidemic?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 12, 2012
Tpia... Lmao I think you're having a bad day grin
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 4:12am On Nov 12, 2012
^that post makes sense to you?

explain how the obama name is going into extinction then, since you understand the op.
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by ajoguegbe(m): 5:50am On Nov 12, 2012
tpia1: ^that post makes sense to you?

explain how the obama name is going into extinction then, since you understand the op.

If this post does not make sense to you, then there are two likely reason. One, you are not African; two, you don't stay here. I think you need some education and sometimes you need to think before you speak otherwise you end up advertising your ignorance

The Igbo man names their sons Afamuefuna, meaning "my name will not get lost or go into extinction"
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by SlyIg(f): 6:04am On Nov 12, 2012
He isnt a Nigerian,so he wont try such. Its only our Naija mentality that thinks that female children are ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2012
Moot point.
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Kobojunkie: 6:41am On Nov 12, 2012
Techwriter: President Barak Obama has only two daughters. The implication of this is that the name Obama is near extinction in the United states after the demise of the president. As an African man, would you tow Obama and Clinton's path? If you are his brother, would you advice him to adopt a son in other to preserve his name? What does he stand to loose? Lets compare US and Africa for a while, are there lessons our typical son-seeking African man should learn from the US or is it them that should learn from Africa

Instead of learning from an obviously good example, you want to take a dump on it with your gutter Nigerian/African mentality? Here is a man who has RISEN above the stupid thinking that you need to have sons to have your name and your legacy live on. Rather than learn from his example, you instead think he is in the wrong, and should be pulled down to dumps where you seem to exist?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Mynd44: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2012
The guy is the first black president of the most powerful country in the world, how can his name disappear?

I agree with Tpia there is no sense here
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2012
In our silly African Mentality, Obama would never have been President here. We would have discriminated against him and called him "half caste", we will trace his family tree and disqualify him.
We will accuse him of speaking plenty grammer and say "He is nice but he can't do it, PDP will win anyway, I won't waste my vote on someone who won't win"
In our silly African Mentality those girls would have been made to feel inferior, that they need a brother to "protect" them and preserve the family name that as girls their only worth is in cooking, cleaning and someday being a source of high bride price, that the only achievement they have to look forward to is gathering people for asociety wedding.
In our African Mentality we would have frustrated Mithcel so much that she won't concentrate on the great work she is doing but will be running around from prayer house to prayer house looking for a boy.
Now to your question; if he were my brother, my brother would have been raised better than to think his life is incomplete without a boy, I don't even have brothers, yet we have carried on our fathers name proudly and with dignity.
I would busybody in my brothers home,even if they don't have a child talkless of having e wonderful grounded daughtersm
We wonder why nations move forward and we remain looking for fuel for generators it is because we fill our minds with archaic unprogressive crap like making women feel insecure based on their marital status, making married women feel insecure because they are not super women, buying and importing goods and not producing anything our selves, looking down on each other and competing in vanity, a society that has good work ethics not one where work time will turn to fellowship time, a society that seeks to remove pressure of inequality on people so they can concentrate on achieving their special goals set by God mnot constricted goals set by society, those societies move forward while societies who hold on to busybody stay looking for good roads and fuel.

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 12, 2012
@ this topic - HONESTLY HONESTLY

u see this is why some countries are light years ahead when it comes to development - i'm even surprised its only the fact he has daughters that someone is commenting on - what about him being from a broken home.

arrant nonsense and ingredients.

as if every single son a man has in nigeria is a saint.

when a nation stops looking at women as third class citizens maybe there will be development.

can u imagine the tears Michelle would have been crying if she has lived in Nigeria having to accept a second wife that would give him a son.

The fact he has only two girls - has it stopped him from being the most powerful man in the world and here are some small minded people that won't even make the local govt chairman self in their village. even with their 10 sons

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Instead of learning from an obviously good example, you want to take a dump on it with your gutter Nigerian/African mentality? Here is a man who has RISEN above the stupid thinking that you need to have sons to have your name and your legacy live on. Rather to learn from his example, you instead think it should be pulled down to dumps where you seem to exist?

So where have you been all these while
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2012
......and If you were a human being would you acquire a brain?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2012
Lol . ..

Hey I got one . . . if you were a woman, will you enlarge your b00bs? grin
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Mynd44: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2012
Ujujoan: Lol . ..

Hey I got one . . . if you were a woman, will you enlarge your b00bs? grin
I think I would
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Mynd44: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2012
jennykadry: ......and If you were a human being would you acquire a brain?
I doubt the OP would
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 12, 2012
I wouldn't adopt a child, due to gender issues. I couldn't care less if I had only sons or daughters. It's as a result of this small-minded attitude in Nigeria, that many poor families have close to a dozen kids, all in the pointless search for a boy.

The girls end up being neglected emotionally, and some end up being abused by "uncles and aunts" as house helps, because their daft parents can't cater for their massive brood!

President Obama may well be African, but at least his head's screwed on the right way, and him having daughters and no sons hasn't stopped him from being one of the most powerful Black men in the world. Nigerians need to begin thinking outside the box, and get their priorities right.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2012
Obama and Michelle already adopted a son, Bo, what else do you want guys... they are not Nigerians people!
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by georgee(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
He has a son already. Outta wedlock
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
only a low IQ poster would open such a thread right at a time when we're being deluged with news of armed robbers everywhere in nigeria, boko haram blowing up the whole of nigeria, four young men murdered in cold blood by their fellow males in nigeria, lynch mobs everywhere in nigeria, scammers, 419ers, drug pushers all of majority nigerian descent, and you leave these issues to start abusing and insulting someone's family?

anyone agreeing with or defending the op, must be a useless person. undecided

if nothing else, una no dey fear at all?
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
Tpia it's a brand new day ..... pls chill
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2012
^its a new day- stop stalking me sweetie.
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Techwriter: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
This thread was opened to help people like tpia. When some1 comes from a disfunctional family, he gets annoyed at eveerytn and rebels at the slightest provocation. All I asked here was a question believing African men would learn from the reasoning of matured minds. The way Tpia took it personal makes me suspect he has a bitter experience in that direction. Please go for counseling it will help
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
^ you are sick, dear.

Get help from a trained professional, not semi literates.
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
OP,

You are right, Obama has been punching his wife daily for not giving him a son.

He has been visiting every Pastor and jazzman to make him have a son and his wife has been doing night vigil and drinking concoction daily.

He is already eyeing their neighbour and their househelp just to get this son

His family are bringing an 18yr old fresh blood from the village who womb is brimming with sons.

As we speak now Michelles loads have bee flung out of the White house

Obamas brothers are already planning how they would share his property and kick the wife and two "Useless" daughters out

1 Like

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dayo, marry me, I will give you plenty sons.
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
debrief08: Dayo, marry me, I will give you plenty sons.

shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I make the decision for my brother. What do you have to offer? undecided
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
tpia1: ^its a new day- stop stalking me sweetie.

Stalking you ? Every thread I open you are there and seemed very angry and pissed at everybody's posts or the entire thread.

Maybe you should take some Ducolax to soften your bonged up poop inside you because you sound constipated and need to release some of that sh$t!

I'd rather stalk a happy person not you sweetie .

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
Its just disgusting and nauseating the levels some nlers will descend to in this place.

Even if you dont fear God, shouldnt you fear man?
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dear God( shakes head slowly)
Re: If You Are Obama, Would You Adopt A Son? by tpia1: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Still stalking me?

Hmm.

Are you a lesbo?

Or you just want to be a moderator.

Or both.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electronics Store: We Deliver To Any Where In Lagos / A Text Message Almost Destroy His Family ( Picture) / 9 Year Old Girl Badly Beaten By Her Madam (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.