Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? (6045 Views)

Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by MyneWhite1(f): 2:31am On Dec 14, 2011
I've heard of some couples who secretly adopt and try to pass the child off as their own. I've heard people say they can never adopt, or advice people they know to adopt. They bring up all sorts of reasons why it's a bad idea to adopt, most of them emotional and maybe based on tradition. We don't do it in our family, they say, or what will people say? Others ask, what do you know of the child, and what if his/her parents have a shady past or background?

What do you think on the issue?
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 14, 2011
//
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Bawss1(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2011
Don't want to derail this thread but can an unmarried (single) adult adopt a child in Nigeria?
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
@op I have done volunteer work in orphanages over the years and I love the idea of adoption. I would love to adopt after having my second child. However, my husband is not as keen as I am.

@Bawss1:No, a single person cannot adopt a child in nigeria, at least not through lagos state. Even the procedure 4 married couples is a long ting but its good so the children don't fall into the wrong hands.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by iice(f): 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2011
If we're both on the same page, why not?

I'm not of the belief that blood makes you family. Some strangers are better than family members.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
Yes, we would.

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by MissIfe(f): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2011
parisienne:

@op I have done volunteer work in orphanages over the years and I love the idea of adoption. I would love to adopt after having my second child. However, my husband is not as keen as I am.

Exactly the same for me. I don't think my husband will change his mind, though.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by sparkle2k3: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
If my spouse is okay with it I would love to adopt a kid or two after the 3 I plan on having.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
Might have adopted one or two but was already "fostering" 2 as a single girl,they were part of my 'baggage' into married life.lol.They are all grown now and are a part of my family.
My husband loves them just like our bio. kids and lucky me,one would be getting married soon and i can't just wait to be a funky grandma.

I would encourage anyone around me with "sincere needs and motives" for adoption to go for one.

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by blank(f): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2012
I will definitely adopt but it will be when i am much older and i have enough money to see the kid to Harvard so in like 10 yrs lol.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by pendo89(f): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
oh yes without doubt.
If I am able to provide,care and raise them as my own why not? oh I would love to kabisa.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2012
I will sponsor three kids with to the best of my ability to get a good life and education but I dont think I would be adopting due to reasons based solely on psychology.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
I Would Only Adopt an Albino for a Kid -- I need Da Fluorescent Lights In ma Dark Room! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Godmann(m): 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
I can die for the whole children in the world; serious. But I will never adopt, especially if I can't have a biological child. I would rather train, my brother's sister's cousin's children.

I see no need to adopt another blood as if it is mine. My relatives are as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by adora4u1: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
I've been married for three years and no child. My husband and I have discussed adopting as an option. I love kids and even if I have one biologically (or not), I'm sure going to adopt. There are so many kids out there who need a loving home and I hope I have the priviledge and honour to provide a home for some loving girl or boy!

4 Likes

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by adora4u1: 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2012
El Guapo: I Would Only Adopt an Albino for a Kid -- I need Da Fluorescent Lights In ma Dark Room! cheesy cheesy grin

If you've had difficulty having a child, you wouldn't make such jokes about kids. Secondly, Albinos are humans just like you and me.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
I would love to have 1 child of my own and adopt one later hopefully an older child like 9yr because i know most people usually adopt only the younger kids and the older ones have less chances of getting adopted.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Konnektions146(m): 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2012
adoption needs a lot of undastand andd as well psychologically,

if my wife is good abt it, den i am fine , i would lovee to adopt one but de issue is dat if de woman dats gonna be my wife disapproves of it, den, we shelve it cos i wouldnt want any child to suffer in my house.

Not like i am being pessimistic but women can be a pain in de a$s wen it comes to certain issue and just for peace, try respect them
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Konnektions146(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
El Guapo: I Would Only Adopt an Albino for a Kid -- I need Da Fluorescent Lights In ma Dark Room! cheesy cheesy grin

please there is a thread abt ladies tryin to concieve , pls finnd it and rea tru and u will see how desperatte people are just togive birth to any kinda child.

i pray u dont find yurself in such position cos if u do......
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by guttentag(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
Men/Women these days are so desperate to have children but so skeptical to adopt a child for the fear of the unknown, why?
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by EfemenaXY: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2012

An immature response from an immature mind.

What makes you think you're better than albinos? Do you not think they have enough to contend with in this world without your biased mind? I tell you, such children are better off without people like you.

@poster, I see nothing wrong with giving an innoncent helpless child a loving home, irrespective of race, creed, colour, religion, or even disability / shortcomings.

And May the good lord continue to bless and provide for all adoptive and would-be adoptive parents for their commendable acts of selflessness.

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by cantell(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
Don't let that albino from the romance section see this.grin
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by cowgurl: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
Oh YES we will, we've talked about it.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by mykejones(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
It would be one of my many dreams come true!
I'l prolly be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie,adopt them kids al ova da world!
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by cowgurl: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2012
Godman_n: I can die for the whole children in the world; serious. But I will never adopt, especially if I can't have a biological child. I would rather train, my brother's sister's cousin's children.
I see no need to adopt another blood as if it is mine. My relatives are as good as mine.
Well if ur brother, sister, or cousin do not have the wherewithal to fend for themselves, then no P. But if they do, what's the point?
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Daresh(f): 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2012
We have 2 kids and my husband and I have decided to adopt the 3rd and last child. There is no need to over populate d world!

1 Like

Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Koolking(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
Yes, I would
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by razznaija(f): 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2012
Yes, why not?
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by Ranoscky(m): 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2012
Only if my wife cannot concieve. But if she can, then, ama go pay monthly homage to the parentless children. I pray God help me with the monthly finance.

But why do i have this feelin that even if i have a child from my wife and stil decide to adopt, I will love the adopted more than my bio. child, why? undecided

Well... Only God knows.
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by othenok(f): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
It has always been my dream 2 adopt. Thankfully i married a hubby that shares a similer dream. Hopefully in future our dream will come true
Re: Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? by halfcurrent(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2012
Very good and encouraging comments... my answer is YES, and I will

(1) (2) (Reply)

When U Finally Beat Her She Will Run To Social Media For Sympathy / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. / Firstborns Are Smarter - Middle Kids Are Sloppy - Lastborns Are Spoilt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.