Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos (26206 Views)

Beware! New Mode Of Robbery In Lagos. / Robbery Attack On Eko Bridge This Evening (Photos) / Guys, Beware Of The New Method Of Robbery… It Involves Sexy Ladies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Obinnau(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
damoobaba:
"Dead" íڪ the word,but I think baptising the inhabitants of that neighbourhood with just one locally Mubi made BH 2012 Maltina can explosive would do more damage or simply put "Terrible".
lolz
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by dabossman(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
Area_boy: What's the story behind the attack?

what is he supposed to do really? you guys go on and on about forensics too much and fail to realise a database must first be established before any sort of forensic investigation can yield anything. Bring the FBI to investigate this crime scene and all they can tell you is what happened.

With 150+million people and no finger print database what use is finger print? undecided

You're quite right bro. Even with all the finger prints that we have "donated" to the FG over the years with National ID card scheme, Voter's Card, SIM Card registration, international passport application and what not, it still baffles me that the police cannot trace criminals using their fingerprints. I wonder what they do with all the so-called data collated.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by clemmonce(m): 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
Area_boy:

what will your flimsy 9mm do against an ak47? LOL..

15 fully armed guys mean business and you wana take them on?, you'll need some SERIOUS training to keep them from gaining entry. No be just point and shoot oh!!
is ak47 the best gun in the world ? any small thing ak47. who told you it wa s ak47 the robbers used. for your info ak47 is old there are oda types of gun dat are bad.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by ABAboi: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nigeria is years ahead from having a comprehensive DNA database. What we currently have is FogSecure http://fogsecure.com.ng
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by mowapa(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
what is he supposed to do really? you guys go on and on about forensics too much and fail to realise a database must first be established before any sort of forensic investigation can yield anything. Bring the FBI to investigate this crime scene and all they can tell you is what happened. With 150+million people and no finger print database what use is finger print?

I disagree,what about the finger prints from the passport database?
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by BlackBaron: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
One of the other evidence that MAY have been gleaned from that bullet is probably if they analysed the groove patterns on the bullet shell. From the little I know, no 2 guns have the same patterns of grooves i.e all gun barrels are distinctive.

A ballistic analysis can then determine the make and model of the gun the shell was expended from. If in the nearest feature a gun was then seized say from a criminal, it is then possible to crossmatch the groove pattern in the gun against the pattern on the shells recovered. A positive ID would mean a shell has matched against the inside of the barrel.

Now if only Nigeria had even a ballistics lab. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by patwhizzy(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
Horus: www.nairaland.com/attachments/880768_rob1_JPG46e9061d696c90ca0ebe35016fa27473

Notice how this policeman is contaminating the evidences. He do not wear rubber surgical gloves to touch the bullet case and put his own fingerprints on it. This is not a professional policeman.
Na naija we dey...no such tin as fingerprint investigation in naija...cus we still dey back in terms of economic..
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Buc(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2012
Gorrbachev: [size=15pt]The right to bear arms. Armed robbery will reduce by at least 80%[/size].

[size=15pt]pros: It will discourage those animals that like going into homes to ra-pe, snatch cars and steal small change (emergency money)

Cons : armed robbery will become more deadly for banks and businesses that carry alot of cash. [/size]
job creation would reduce robbery better. And its solution is more sustainable and safe. U don't want guns in d hands of unemployed Nigerians, cos if u splash water on them wit your car, instead of the five fingers waka, u probably would be getting five bullets shot at u.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Airpure(f): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
No need for gloves guys these kind of robbers don't get to court when caught.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by BabaO2: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
And some people will come here and say don't burn them if they are caught.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Theblessed(f): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=16pt]Is this the HOME, they say diasporians should return to? Is it?

These bullet holes? Naaaaaaah!!

Thank you eversomuch! I love my life here in diaspora at least, I could wake up each morning, take a fresh breath of air without fears and say Lord, thank you for the gift of life and blessings you'd showered on me!

Again, if this is what coming HOME is all about I say, thanks - no thanks for the offer. I rather die in diaspora than a HOME on fire!!! After all, the Bible told us that Jacob died in diaspora in Egypt and his body was eventually taken home.

If your HOME is on fire, you might as well stay out until is quenched and rebuilt before going HOME and that could take quite some time.

Therefore, I think, Jacobs experience could be an option for some of us, I don't know about you but all I know is that, HOME is no longer worthy of being called HOME any more - the new name should be FIRE, FIRE!! cry cry
[/size]
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by sundaybam(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
Omo this people mean business o.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jisos!!!!

Isn't that a .50 caliber bullet?

Only .50 cal can do that amount of damage. .50 calibers are for warfare and not robbery. embarassed embarassed embarassed Choi!!

Nigeria is in deep shyt. cry cry cry cry
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by BlackBaron: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
pDude: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jisos!!!!

Isn't that a .50 caliber bullet?

Only .50 cal can do that amount of damage. .50 calibers are for warfare and not robbery. embarassed embarassed embarassed Choi!!

Nigeria is in deep shyt. cry cry cry cry
That's prolly just a 7.62X51mm round.

Besides I thought APC tyres were all bulletproof, least I expected that especially against NATO rounds like the Policeman had on him.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
First of all, Those bullet holes look like they were made by High calibre weapons like A 7.5 calibre GPMG machine gun... If they actually came for a resident, the they didn't stand a chance.. At least the police vans bullet proofing works..

I would like to start with how such weapons get into the country.. angry

Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by quicksylva(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
O BOY! See as GUN dey tear IRON. Hmm we aren't save anymore, Armed Robbers overpowering the Nigerian Police Force. Where are they channeling all the security funds. I thought it was meant for ammunition, sophisticated weapons, bullet proof vest, overseas special training, state of the art modern armoured vehicles, logistics (helicopter support). Geez! we still have a looooooong way to go in terms of securing life and properties.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Charles.nerd:
Thats a 9mm bullet shocked.No one is safe in this country oh!

Wrong... That is a 7.6 cal AK-47 round...

Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Shaw007(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dz diasporans shud pls shut the fu(K UP!!! Ur not coming back,Okay,hear hear . . . We shUd aLL rUn away Then!!

MeanwhILE,we need More jobs//better security In this country,

infact i thought these robbery cases were reducing!
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by xynerise: 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
Jarus: I dey fear o.

When you see all these places you're familiar with, being attached like this, you begin to wonder where's next.
seriously
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2012
BlackBaron:
That's prolly just a 7.62X51mm round.

Besides I thought APC tyres were all bulletproof, least I expected that especially against NATO rounds like the Policeman had on him.

Ok. Is that why they were able to cut through metal like butter such as the neat holes on those iron bars. i expected it to be at least a powerful bullet such as a 50 cal that could do that. And I doubt that an Ak47 bullet could be that powerful.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by irohadis: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
Expect more of these in high profile neighbourhoods. All those jobless Okada people will find some work somehow. Up Fashola!
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Areaboy2(m): 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
all4naija: Lie! If you mean AK47 yes not the first gun. Guns have been in existence before the Russian dude was born. Another Russian azz-licking lad!

no dey rush to talk.. read what my post was referring to before you talk. Everyone knows firearms have been around since the 14th century or earlier. How else did they fight American civil war, Crimean war or even WW1? no dey too assume my brother. ask me questions and i'll educate you smiley

and i'm no russian ***-licking (watever that means) I merely highlight the facts. point to me one gun that can rival the ak47 at what it does best? rapid deadly fire with reliability ?
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by abayomifemi: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
na wah lagos area girls r der worst
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Tstark(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
pDude:

Ok. Is that why they were able to cut through metal like butter such as the neat holes on those iron bars. i expected it to be at least a powerful bullet such as a 50 cal that could do that. And I doubt that an Ak47 bullet could be that powerful.

Thats not even close to a 50 cal round. A 50 cal round will make a bigger hole, it'll probaly collapse that wall on impact.
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Areaboy2(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
Theblessed: [b][size=16pt]Is this the HOME, they say diasporians should return to? Is it?

These bullet holes? Naaaaaaah!!

Thank you eversomuch! I love my life here in diaspora at least, I could wake up each morning, take a fresh breath of air without fears and say Lord, thank you for the gift of life and blessings you'd showered on me!

Again, if this is what coming HOME is all about I say, thanks - no thanks for the offer. I rather die in diaspora than a HOME on fire!!! After all, the Bible told us that Jacob died in diaspora in Egypt and his body was eventually taken home.

If your HOME is on fire, you might as well stay out until is quenched and rebuilt before going HOME and that could take quite some time.

Therefore, I think, Jacobs experience could be an option for some of us, I don't know about you but all I know is that, HOME is no longer worthy of being called HOME any more - the new name should be FIRE, FIRE!! cry cry
[/size][/b]

No, you do something about it. Not fold your arms and hope it miraculously gets quenched and rebuilds itself. That mentality you have is the same one our politicians have that means no way forward.

And then you compound it by thanking god for blessing you?.. how arrogant can one person be? So your god has cursed the victims of this robbery?
Na waaa for some people oh

Before you ever travelled abroad, how did you survive in Nigeria? a few years abroad and naija don turn jungle. No be we-we again?

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
Area_boy:

no dey rush to talk.. read what my post was referring to before you talk. Everyone knows firearms have been around since the 14th century or earlier. How else did they fight American civil war, Crimean war or even WW1? no dey too assume my brother. ask me questions and i'll educate you smiley

and i'm no russian ***-licking (watever that means) I merely highlight the facts. point to me one gun that can rival the ak47 at what it does best? rapid deadly fire with reliability ?

Yes, the Ak47 is a nice weapon but it isn't very reliable. It is able to do a lot of damage but its aim is a little off, but damage is always guaranteed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHn6tYx8TMc
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Areaboy2(m): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
BlackBaron: One of the other evidence that MAY have been gleaned from that bullet is probably if they analysed the groove patterns on the bullet shell. From the little I know, no 2 guns have the same patterns of grooves i.e all gun barrels are distinctive.

A ballistic analysis can then determine the make and model of the gun the shell was expended from. If in the nearest feature a gun was then seized say from a criminal, it is then possible to crossmatch the groove pattern in the gun against the pattern on the shells recovered. A positive ID would mean a shell has matched against the inside of the barrel.

Now if only Nigeria had even a ballistics lab. embarassed

LOL. una no go kill me for this nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin

Too much CSI miami makes you loose touch with reality. Do you have any idea the number of unregistered weapons on the loose in Nigeria?. Give me a decent amount and i'll for a small army cheesy

yet you talk of groove patterns.. no be when you find the gun u fit do groove pattern analysis grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
Tstark:

Thats not even close to a 50 cal round. A 50 cal round will make a bigger hole, it'll probaly collapse that wall on impact.

No im not talking about the round. I'm talking about the holes in the iron bars. Can an Ak47 round do that?
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Areaboy2(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
pDude:

Yes, the Ak47 is a nice weapon but it isn't very reliable. It is able to do a lot of damage but its aim is a little off, but damage is always guaranteed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHn6tYx8TMc

its called accuracy. we all know the ak isnt the most accurate firearm when we deal with range. but how far do you really think a firefight occurs? 10m? 30m? 50m? 100m?. when you figure out an answer to that question, you'll see where i'm going with this.

As rugged as the ak is and as deadly as its 7.62cal is, i wouldnt wana be on the other side without a decent rifle myself
Re: Aftermath Of Robbery Attack On Lekki Neighborhood In Lagos by Areaboy2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2012
Tstark:

a 50 cal will remove the bars on that gate talk less of making holes grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Sales Boy For Masterminding Robbery Attack On His Boss / Shrine Of Baddo Ritualist Arrested By Police In Lagos (Video) / Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.