Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo (26185 Views)

Policeman Killed Keke Rider In Rukpokwu - (Graphic Photo) / Harry Odiakaose: I Was Arrested By IGP X-squad, Who Demanded N10m / Akintunde Ajayi: Police Arrest Teacher Who Demanded Sex From Schoolgirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by SoNature(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have arrested two special constables who were caught demanding money from a Dutch rider in Oyo state.

In a less than two-minute viral video, the officers flagged down the female rider along the Iseyin-Ogbomosho road in Oyo and asked where she was headed.

The Dutch rider responded by saying she was from the Netherlands and that she was heading to Abuja, the country’s capital city.

The special constables asked the rider to offer them money or anything in her possession.

“Give me something nah. How is family? Wetin you bring come? Wetin you wan give me?” the officers asked the foreigner.

The response from the Dutch rider showed that she did not understand what the officers were requesting for in Pidgin English.

To clarify what they said, the officers said: “Give me money” and the Dutch rider responded with: “Why?”.

In a statement on Friday, Muyiwa Adejobi, force spokesperson, said Adebola Hamzat, Oyo police spokesperson, has instituted a disciplinary procedure against the special constables.

“The police authority has condemned the act and ordered that the men and their supervising divisional police officer be sanctioned accordingly,” Adejobi said.

“Such an act is unpolice and would never be tolerated in any manner.”

Special constables are persons who volunteer to join the NPF on a part-time basis.

The purpose of the special constabulary is for community policing. Special constables wear uniforms similar to those of conventional police officers.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/police-arrest-constables-who-demanded-money-from-dutch-rider-in-oyo/amp

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by ASAPFERG: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
They should bring them to my house.

the Dutch woman gave me money to give them wink wink

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by SoNature(m): 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
The Nigerian police is a corrupt organisation where all officers are allowed to commit crimes but must never be seen doing that.

These ones will become the scapegoats of "how the police is working hard to rid the force of the bad eggs" grin

235 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Ikaeniyan0: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
I was ashame while watching the video. I wander how people like that became policemen

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by spinna: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Just no go put the innocent woman in trouble sha..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by immortalcrown(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Like say NPF no sabi say things like that dey happen before.

They act on the ones that go viral, just to make it seem like the corruption is not officially endorsed.

Spend some hours in any police station to get my point. The NPF knows what these officers do at checkpoints.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by SoNature(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
spinna:
Just no go put the innocent woman in trouble sha..

She doesn't live in Nigeria. She uses her powerbike to travel across Africa, films the trip and shares her experience with her SM followers.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by guysbewise: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I was ashame while watching the video. I wander how people like that became policemen

You asked "How did people like that became policemen" grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by OgbeniOja1: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
All this hungry afonjas

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Brendaniel: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
They gained international fame but might lose their jobs locally

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by xpressionx(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
I follow that woman on Facebook.
She was already warned by her compatriots about nigeria

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by CrownOfClay724: 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Omo.
Shame catch me as I dey watch that video.

Begging like common beggars.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Offpointng: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
OgbeniOja1:
All this hungry afonjas

Isnt it better than Ipob police kidnapping her?? make she go try this waka for east and see what becomes of her

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by chigator2: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:

Isnt it better than Ipob police kidnapping her?? make she go try this waka for east and see what becomes of her

Offpoint goes offpoint again. You guys are hungry clowns after voting rubbish

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Offpointng: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
chigator2:

Offpoint goes offpoint again. You guys are hungry clowns after voting rubbish

Perhaps, maybe you agree with some folks Obi is incompetent but ion think so sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by DevilishMan: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
Yorubanza policemen in yorubaland

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by aAK1(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
If I’m the woman , she need to stop her trip in nigeria . Other police men would retaliate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by LikeAking: 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
They shud forgive these ones, as long as them no use force collect am.

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Nicepoker(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
Begging shamelessly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by contentmakerPRO: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
No one noticed their superior at the end of the video that one of them walked towards and was telling them repeatedly that they should let her go, and I thought he was well experienced among them. He might have known that they were being recorded.
The woman used to say in one of her videos, when she initially went back after she fell sick and promised to come back to Nigeria. I think when she was in Togo, that he learnt that Nigerian police were corrupt and would ask for money and Togo/Benin police are very unfriendly. She came prepared and they fell for it. They didn't even let it reach 20 seconds.
And can you imagine, those babas na constable and even with ammunitions? The police force need overhauling totally.
Shame on those bad eggs. They would have denied if the woman was not with camera.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Odin13: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
Yoruba police men grin

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Administration1: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
What will they tell their family this Christmas?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by youngrichnigga: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
The federal government needs to look into the welfare of the rank and file in the NPF; while I'm not making excuses for these guys, the fact remains that they are poorly paid, poorly accommodated and poorly insured........the officers in that video are armed robbers in waiting with their hungry looks. Our security system needs reforms as hungry and angry mrn are issued guns to protect and serve the citizenry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by OgbeniOja1: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
Na true shaaa them too worry for that side
Offpointng:

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Namaster: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Useless criminals doing eye service

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by richiemcgold: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
2 things that are mostly common with majority Nigerians:
1. Fond of begging
2. Very very abusive

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by 1Alex: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Let us see them paraded, otherwise, they were not arrested.

But wait ooo. Special constables don dey stand for road?

Since when?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by OgaTheTop2: 11:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
On the other hand, I feel pity for them. They might not really wanted to ask for money but asking for money is in their blood. See where it has landed them. Pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by wayassignment: 2:01am On Dec 09, 2023
Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by LaziestYouth: 6:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Disengage summarily
Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by Myhusband(m): 6:08am On Dec 09, 2023
legal thief
Re: Police Arrest Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider In Oyo by CalabarPikin: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2023
“Give me something nah. How is family? Wetin you bring come? Wetin you wan give me?”

If that's all they said as stated, I see nothing wrong....them no harass the woman at least.
Besides they are not well paid, they literally beg to survive (I mean for those who doesn't harass people upandan)

e no still mean say I like them sha, I dey learn driving just the break one of them leg. We have unfinished business

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Sales Boy For Masterminding Robbery Attack On His Boss / Police Storm Rivers State College Of Health Port-Harcourt, Arrest Students / Kuje Prison Escapee, Abubakar Mohammed Sadiq, Arrested In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.