Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes (7266 Views)

House-Boy Crashes Master's Car In Calabar (Photos) / Trailer Crashes Into 18-sitter Bus On Lagos-ibadan Exp; No One Survived(Graphic) / Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Abujafood: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hi All,

I just thought I start this thread first as a way to thank God for the miracle I had this morning while driving to meet up with an appointment! I was just a few inches away from death and how I managed to steer my car to avoid a collision with a trailer is still a mystery to me.

I had just missed my way heading towards Durumi (I initially wanted to connect Maitama with the highway heading towards Area 1) when I suddenly found myself driving towards Gwarinpa. I realised I was on the wrong route and decided to reverse on the service lane to re-enter the express from a diversion to make a u-turn and head back towards Wuse when suddenly I found a trailer which I hadn't seen from the rare view mirror driving at full speed on my left also trying to negotiate through the same diversion. The path was so narrow and the trailer so close to me that I just started saying my last prayers while still trying to control the vehicle. Luckily the trailer over took me without any contact made but the closeness between me and the trailer was so narrow with almost no space left that I thought I wouldn't live to see another day.

Anyways lesson learnt! Share yours pls!

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by dilbert100: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
you're very lucky my friend !!!!
i got hit by a car once, when out walking....and i had a broken arm.....could've been much worse !!
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Closetoheart: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Thank God for your life. Another tragedy averted. Praise God.
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Eneze1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
thank God for your life, had an accident the day am to defend my Final Project in School but i thank the Lord for his mercy

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
This happened when I was little. I was travelling with my parents to the village. My other siblings had traveled before we did. We were at Ore, everyone knows how notorious that Benin-Ore road is. I can't exactly remember the full details but the driver drove over either a gallop or a bend and the car flipped over a couple of times. Myself and my parents came out with a few bruises but the driver died. Till this day, I still thank God for his mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Okijajuju1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
ItsModella: This happened when I was little. I was travelling with my parents to the village. My other siblings had traveled before we did. We were at Ore, everyone knows how notorious that Benin-Ore road is. I can't exactly remember the full details but the driver drove over either a gallop or a bend and the car flipped over a couple of times. Myself and my parents came out with a few bruises but the driver died. Till this day, I still thank God for his mercy.

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
Along BEnin road going down to the east.
God averted face to face head coalition with a bus that jumped out and entered the road from no where. didn't know what i did but it was just God that took control of everything.
My car didn't even hit the bus but all i knew was that i swerved to the other side of bush and then 3 solid blocks there forced my car to stop. the bus driver was no where to be found and he didn't even care to stop.
To God be the Glory.
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by tevinsolt: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
It was a long time ago in Nigeria....i and my family were travelling to ibadan from ilorin on our way these dangote drivers were going over 90mph and one was trying to overtake the other...seeing this my dad tried to dodge the oncoming truck but the car didnt move....it was close one, also here in New york i have came close to getting hit by a bus while riding on a bike couple of times
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by cheddarking(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
I was 19, riding my new Yamaha Scooter round a bend, and crashed into a truck that had broken down by the roadside.

I fractured both legs, my ribs, my right shoulder, and an eye socket and I was in hospital for around 16 months...

I am lucky to be alive ,even though it was at the cost of what seemed a promising sports career...

3 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Jilo83(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
On d fateful day 22/12/2008. Along Ilorin-Igbeti Rd had an accident with my mum, friend and my 3 brothers and a lady. I lost my mum, friend and the lady. I was under the crashed car for about 1hr 30mins b4 they could rescued me. It was just God Intervention bc i can't just explain.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by lecturerdabo(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
Drove from Lag to PH reaching P/h around 3pm don't know whether as a result of exhaustion or over speed (of course gentlemen don't drive German machines) only to find myself under Gov. Amechi's public transport bus though I escaped injuries, my colleague with me was injured and the car never survived, But I thank God who spare my life despite all my sins.
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by markus1133: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
all of these are scary
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
After watching this video, you will be amazed and at the same time shocked. In fact, the man in this video had been tagged: "The Luckiest Man In Russia"

Here is the link: http://www.videobash.com/video_show/overtaking-ends-in-brutal-crash-lucky-escape-430437

Life is truly unpredictable!

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Ask4delaw(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mine happened on Ibadan-abeokuta road,the road is a single carriage way and narrow, we were going to ibadan from abeokuta and there was this particular trailer driving at a speed say 60km/h and every driver was ancious to overtake the trailer whenever there is a little chance to do so, there was somuch tailback, you know when overtaking on that kind of road, you have to be sure no vehicle coming from the opposite lane b4 pulling out from the behind of the trailer.when it was almost my turn,(we were approaching a bend)i was actually second car behind the trailer,all of the sudden,the trailer left is lane to the other and the car right in front of me followed the trailer, lo and behold !!! another trailer that was coming from Ibadan also left is lane and was directly driving towards me.(the two trailers swapped lanes)I didnt know when i turned my steering and ran into the bush to my right, the trailer was just few meters away from me,the action was so reflex, i couldnt control it.Luckily for me,there was no trees or big stones on my path when i was driving through the bushes.When the car finally came to rest, i was shaking.As the Lord would have it, none of my occupants sustained any injury and the car was in order.the vehicles coming behind me had to park and come to our rescue.{Reason for the swap> at the bent, a bus broke down on the lane of vehicles coming from ibadan,so the trailer coming from ibadan had to use our lane to avoid the bus on it lane,before the driver could finish the overtaking and go back to his lane,he was already close to the trailer in front of us,so the trailer in front of us had to use the other lane to avoid head-on collision}. All these happened within 5 to 10seconds.its like one of those clips in JAMES BOND movie.I thank God today am still alive.I also thank God for you too.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Abujafood: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ask4delaw: Mine happened on Ibadan-abeokuta road,the road is a single carriage way and narrow, we were going to ibadan from abeokuta and there was this particular trailer driving at a speed say 60km/h and every driver was ancious to overtake the trailer whenever there is a little chance to do so, there was somuch tailback, you know when overtaking on that kind of road, you have to be sure no vehicle coming from the opposite lane b4 pulling out from the behind of the trailer.when it was almost my turn,(we were approaching a bend)i was actually second car behind the trailer,all of the sudden,the trailer left is lane to the other and the car right in front of me followed the trailer, lo and behold !!! another trailer that was coming from Ibadan also left is lane and was directly driving towards me.(the two trailers swapped lanes)I didnt know when i turned my steering and ran into the bush to my right, the trailer was just few meters away from me,the action was so reflex, i couldnt control it.Luckily for me,there was no trees or big stones on my path when i was driving through the bushes.When the car finally came to rest, i was shaking.As the Lord would have it, none of my occupants sustained any injury and the car was in order.the vehicles coming behind me had to park and come to our rescue.{Reason for the swap> at the bent, a bus broke down on the lane of vehicles coming from ibadan,so the trailer coming from ibadan had to use our lane to avoid the bus on it lane,before the driver could finish the overtaking and go back to his lane,he was already close to the trailer in front of us,so the trailer in front of us had to use the other lane to avoid head-on collision}. All these happened within 5 to 10seconds.its like one of those clips in JAMES BOND movie.I thank God today am still alive.I also thank God for you too.

Thank God man! You should consider yourself extremely lucky some others are not so lucky when they run into bushes to avoid collision they could even fall into a ditch or large gully!
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by odehaj: 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mine was on 22/12/2007.I was rounding off NYSC. my aunt's pastor warned that none of us should travel during dat festive period. I agreed with them at first but couldn't stay so I left Abuja for Makurdi that day.At the park as if the whole Nigerians were travelling to makurdi,there was no vehicle but by some stroke of luck a bus pulled up close to me & I happily boarded even though d fare was twice normal. It happened at a sharp Corner near Akwanga,the place is marked "many have gone" the doctor told me I wasn't going to use my two hands again.But GOD ALMIGTY healed me. Iam eternally grateful to God.Again,2011,23/11 another vvery terrible one happened again on my way to Jos for my MSc registration crushing every one where I initially intended to sit.well,thank God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Jblx(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
I dnt really lyk talkn abt it.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by JW214: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
Most recent
Nov 2nd, at about 3pm, along Lagos Ibadan express. I saw a fuel queue at Mobil Ibadan toll gate and due to scarcity of fuel rocking some part of the country, I decided to join the queue to top up my fuel.

About 20mins on the queue, I heard that sound like I was watching a Nollywood and d next effect was a hit on my car from d car behind me, then mine hitting the one in front of mine, on getting out to see what happened, a trailer driver lost the braking system of his truck and helped himself by entering the fuel queue to stop his moving truck.

About 12 cars were damaged in total(mine inclusive) with both front and back crash effects, trust d truck driver when he has seen his extent of damage, he dissappeared. Before I forget, a young boy hawking was trapped in between the truck and a car, it was a bad experience

hawking on the highway should be discouraged...
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by chinedum13(m): 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
i have carefully read all the testimonies, indeed God is great, that's why whenever we wake up in the morning in good health we should always give God thanks, for many have long to see the bright new day but couldnt. lastly,God's Grace is abundance if we begin to enumerate the goodness of God in our life it is numerous we cant count them all.All we need do is just to give him all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by manny4life(m): 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
I guess most of us have.

I was on the highway one faithful evening, like around 11pm, traveling at top speed of 70mph on cruise control while listening and enjoying my music. From my right mirror, I saw this hyundai small little car traveling at dangerous speed, in my mind, I was like this dude is about to have an accident. I was on lane 3, traveling on the left side of a tanker who's on(lane 4).

Usually, I drive past these guys because I have seen few text and drive, but this time, I just ignored and decide to drive alongside since there were lots of them. So when this dude comes speeding down to me on same lane, I said to myself, I'll let him be, so I switched to lane 2(left). He passed and I entered my lane again, he travels less than 1,000ft, and there's three more trailers ahead, and he's sill speeding. At this point, I reduced to safe speed of 55mph.

What I saw next was terrific - he tries to merge onto my lane because lane 4,5 were trailers traveling on it. So he had to merge onto lane 3 (my lane) to get onto the left lane (usually, truck and buses are PROHIBITED ON THESE LANES).

I drive an suv, and I don't know if he was blind or maybe he had a death wish, that he couldn't see a trailer ahead of me, this dude tries to overtake me with the little clearance I had given the trailer. What happened next, was God who said him and I will live to testify it.

He merges into my lane at that high speed, to merge onto lane 2 as well, and me I reacted so as not to hit him. He hit me from the right, my car did a minor spin to the left from the impact while I was trying to merge onto lane 2 not to hit him and push him into the trailers in front and by the side, he merged.. I merged on further to Lane 1 There was no telling I honed the shi.t out of him for like 15secs. After honing him, he stayed on that lane. Due to I was traveling at low safe speeds, thank God, the rest is story for another time. Had I hit him, I will feel the impact and for sure it would have been a different ball game.

Obviously my repair bill was in thousands, thanks to progressive. In all, I gave God thanks because he gave me patience, had I been angry, I would have bumped into and damned the consequences.
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by lovejo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
Twice on Benin to Mali road, all glory to God because those two times i was out unscathed but i developed phobia for all this luxurious bus since then.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by biolabee(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2012
@okija

KOLO MENTAL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Sleek05(f): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Scary stories! God, I don't wish 2 experience all dese ever. We r only alive and well because of God's grace.
Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by Sleek05(f): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
Scary stories! God, I don't wanna experience all dese ever. We r only alive and well because of God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by V3dash(m): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
hmmmmmmm no thanks small.. But yours is little to mine...

Wen i was travellin 2 kaduna back to take back my position in office.. From abuja 2 kaduna.. 20km+ 2 enter kaduna.. I woke up in hospital with my left broken femur neck ... In pains

we are all 8 pple in d vehicle but.. I was d only one dat my creator favour...

Dat is wen we are all gather 2 b dump in a mortuary, dat is wen God show his mercy dat life is still in me..
It took me up 2 24hrs bfor my brain start back to recorgnise my family and friend... I was in a su-coma dat tym...

But now am alive walkin up rit, as if notin has happen 2 me... Am runnin now..

GOD!!!! I WILL ALWAYS GIVE YOU THANKS

4 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Near Death Car Crashes by cutievik: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
Glory to God,his mercies is forever. The stories wud never be experience by any of us in Jesus name,Amen!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Set To Ban The Use Of Substandard Tyre Sealing Paste And Gum By Vulcanizers / I Need A Honda Accord 2003 Model V4 & Toyota Sienna 2002 Model / Lexus Rx 300 Or Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.