Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) (38811 Views)

House-Boy Crashes Master's Car In Calabar (Photos) / Aeromobil Flying Car - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by phoneport(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2013
Two people have been injured after an experimental flying car crashed into a tree
Friday morning near a school in Vernon, B.C., Canada.
The experimental aircraft has a plane engine, propeller and parachute connected to a dune
buggy The aircraft clipped a fence behind Vernon's Ellison Elementary School, hit the tree and crashed a few metres from school property just before 9 a.m. PT. Made by a Florida company, the flying car is a combination of a plane engine, propeller and parasail attached to a dune buggy. RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk said there are indications the contraption had taken off from the airport in Vernon. "It looked like it was on its approach," Molendyk said. "There was motor sound and people looked up and it got into trouble and came through the fence and into the trees here." Molendyk said the pilot and his passenger had to be pulled from the tree. They suffered minor injuries and were taken to hospital.

They have since been released." No one was hurt on the ground, although children from the school were preparing on the nearby grounds for a track and field day. The Maverick can travel at speeds up to 160 kilometres per hour on land and up to 65 kilometers per hour in the air. It's believed Kelowna, B.C., resident Ray Siebring recently brought the fifth-ever flying car to Canada as a prototype and has been checking it out in a series of test flights across the Okanagan.
A release from the Transportation Safety Board (TSB) confirmed the flying car was "an American corporately registered I-Tech Maverick SP Powered Parachute" that had crashed. The vehicle, known as "Maverick," uses a 100-metre runway to take off and flies under a
parasail.

But it also needs a 100-metre runway to make a safe landing. According to the manufacturer's website, the car can travel at speeds up to 160 kilometers per hour on land and up to 65 kilometres per hour in the air. It costs at least $94,000 to purchase.

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by phoneport(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2013
I know that the Nigerian government are placing others for some very soon.
And I believe Lagos need more of this type of cars, bye to traffic Jam.

6 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2013
If a car starts flying then i don't know if it should still be called a car or an airplane.
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by firfinch(m): 10:32pm On May 13, 2013
Hmmmm! New invetion, but I wonder ђ๏ฬ it would look like when maany people own it, there would be air collitions lolzzz

8 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by dasparrow: 10:59pm On May 13, 2013
Experiment gone awry, lol
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by tolex34(m): 3:49am On May 14, 2013
phoneport: I know that the Nigerian government are placing others for some very soon.
bye 2 traffic jam, welcome air jam

7 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by phoneport(m): 7:29am On May 14, 2013
tolex34:
bye 2 traffic jam, welcome air jam
No serious Lagos need this to solve a lot of problems.
Am still in one useless holdup right now, we are not moving nor even crawling.
And my appointment is 8:30am.
God help me.

4 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by mosunade(f): 7:32am On May 14, 2013
phoneport: I know that the Nigerian government are placing others for some very soon.

Dunce

2 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Rastamann: 3:25pm On May 14, 2013
If na naija, na electric pole e for jam!

3 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Castos(m): 3:26pm On May 14, 2013
Na wa 4 oyibo dem
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Igosun: 3:27pm On May 14, 2013
............and we call it aircar grin

2 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Chillext(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2013
Electric wire and Poles no go let am work for Naija

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by 190: 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
* Pours annointing oil on the thread*

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by tlops(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: If a car starts flying then i don't know if it should still be called a car or an airplane.

It will be called Erica airicar!
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by kayalla(f): 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: If a car starts flying then i don't know if it should still be called a car or an airplane.
It will be called carplane we need some of those here ASAP

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by MadCow1: 3:30pm On May 14, 2013
--

2 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by supaeagles(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2013
If the North Americans are having problems engineering a flying car....they should talk to our resident expert here in Africa ... Mr Barnabas Sibanda

6 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by 190: 3:31pm On May 14, 2013
Chillext: Electric wire and Poles no go let am work for Naija

exactly

the car go fly hook for high tension

i can imagine the number of roasted people in lagos within a week grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Capnd143(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2013
Hehehehe! Where is my able fashola? If this car passes testing stage my fashola would soon recomend it for lagos to avoid boko haram attacks on ground! I like baba fashoo! Bt this is a good invention btw

and come to think of it, this African freind of mine did this some years ago in 1994! Seriously, these oyibo guys are backward! Africans rock http://www.techzim.co.zw/2013/01/bulawayo-helicopter-man-heres-to-the-crazy-ones/

2 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 14, 2013
Keep it up dudes,

Perfection rarely comes at a single shot!

2 Likes

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Walexz02(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2013
Na wa o! Me lovy the car8-)
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 14, 2013
mosun_ade:

Dunce
Even if he said other instead of order,does that warrant you calling him a dunce? and dontcha think you da real deal dunce for tha?...
@op,flying cars does'nt seem to belong to this already advanced generation,maybe da era of batman future...

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 14, 2013
supaeagles: If they are having problems designing a flying car....they should talk to our African resident expert ... Mr Barnabas Sibanda

That blue One looks like a local Apache !

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Policewoman(f): 3:37pm On May 14, 2013
NOT EVERYONE GETS IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. PERSEVERANCE IS THE FATHER OF ALL INVENTIONS.

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Xfactoria: 3:40pm On May 14, 2013
One thing I know for sure is that this Oyinbos will never give up on perfecting this invention. They will address all potential concerns and launch it.

1 Like

Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by otumfour(m): 3:41pm On May 14, 2013
For some reason, all the flying cars I'v seen so far look 'em tricycles the use in india as taxi's..... undecided
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by houstonia(m): 3:43pm On May 14, 2013
Na that time lasma go come tell me where them wan stay. lol
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by chocopearl(f): 3:43pm On May 14, 2013
I tire for dis oyibo peeps sef, y experiment on a residential route huh??
Nice one i must say
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by dridowu: 3:44pm On May 14, 2013
Try and Error, practise make perfect
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by stankezzy: 3:46pm On May 14, 2013
[quote author=supaeagles]If they are having problems designing a flying car....they should talk to our African resident expert this guy nd his welder friend just de decieve themselfs,from engineering perspective,there is no space for engine nd the strenght of the blade/rotor cannot carry the weight of the craft.
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 14, 2013
Cars should remain on the ground undecided
Re: Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) by Truckpusher(m): 3:47pm On May 14, 2013
Aircar should be a better name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / 1962 Cardilac Fleetwood Limousine Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Kia Telluride – Is This The Most Beautiful Kia You’ve Ever Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.