Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Praying For The Dead - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For The Dead (9115 Views)

Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
grin grin grin
italo: @Ijawkid,

So it was Angels that were disobedient and perished in the flood in the time of Noah (1Pet 3:20)?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His case is quite hopeless!!! The fraudster charles russel has completely brainwashed him.
Re: Praying For The Dead by italo: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
Where's HerexG?

Has he realized that Jesus preached to the dead and quietly withdrawn to save his face and name?

Wise man.
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: grin grin grin

His case is quite hopeless!!! The fraudster charles russel has completely brainwashed him.

Olodo.......

It seems you guys never read the genesis account to actually find out that the rest persons that didn't survive along with noah and his family ceased to exist...they were all killed.......destroyed...they were not locked up.......

The angels who were rebels during the deluge were the ones locked up in tartarus....they are the "spirits" peter was reffering to.......

And stop quoting 1 peter 4;6 to support your rubbish stance......that scripture was directed to the spiritually dead.....

1 Like

Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
1 pet 4:5-6
But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Abeg the people that translated the bible to english have they not tried enough? Abi we should wake up st Jerome to help translate to Ijaw before our brother can understand simple bible passages.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
grin grin grin

Seriously I would appreciate if anyone can help translate this bible passages below to ijaw because it is obvious our brother here does not understand simple english.

1 pet 3:18-20

Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
I wonder how our brother would interpret this passage.

1 John 5:16-17

New International Version (NIV)

16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
You people are all jokers, i just know that you are not ready to change. You have been so blind folded by the romans that you refuse to see the true light. How can you tell me you don't have idolatry in your gatherings, a situation where your rev father will lift up a carved image of Christ and tells you all to kiss the image one after the other. I was once a catholic but i denounced them, because most things to do or belief are all going contrary to what Christ preach and practise. Stop wasting your God given time praying for the dead and gone, there are people living who needs it more, visit the Lagos state teaching hospital, you will have reasons to redirect your prayers to the living. Those that worship God must worship in spirit and truth, God is not Intrested in your flesh or body, this is why when one dies your spirit goes to him. Be wise my people and let not the romans brain wash you all. Thank you and God bless you....
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44:  1 pet 4:5-6
But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Abeg the people that translated the bible to english have they not tried enough? Abi we should wake up st Jerome to help translate to Ijaw before our brother can understand simple bible passages.

grin grin grin grin

And did you read that 1 peter 4 from verse 1 to get the full gist??...as usual you just read to support your purgatory dogma....

Please kindly tell me the difference between 1 peter 4:1-6. And ephesians 2:1-5.....

Chukwu chukwu read your bible complete......

Those who are physically dead I repeat are conscious of nothing @ all...they can neither learn nor be active.......

Only the spiritually dead can.......

Peter was reffering to the spiritually dead persons who engaged in immoral acts.......

Open your eyes!!!!!.....
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: I wonder how our brother would interpret this passage.

1 John 5:16-17

New International Version (NIV)

16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

And this verses support what??........
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: grin grin grin

Seriously I would appreciate if anyone can help translate this bible passages below to ijaw because it is obvious our brother here does not understand simple english.

1 pet 3:18-20

And you have failed completely to corroborate 1 peter 3:18-20 with jude 6 and 2 peter 2:4 $ 5......

Keep running away and decieving yourself.....
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :
You people are all jokers, i just know that you are not ready to change. You have been so blind folded by the romans that you refuse to see the true light. How can you tell me you don't have idolatry in your gatherings, a situation where your rev father will lift up a carved image of Christ and tells you all to kiss the image one after the other. I was once a catholic but i denounced them, because most things to do or belief are all going contrary to what Christ preach and practise. Stop wasting your God given time praying for the dead and gone, there are people living who needs it more, visit the Lagos state teaching hospital, you will have reasons to redirect your prayers to the living. Those that worship God must worship in spirit and truth, God is not Intrested in your flesh or body, this is why when one dies your spirit goes to him. Be wise my people and let not the romans brain wash you all. Thank you and God bless you....

Ol man please stop getting so emotianal naa,if you get so tensed up just take a bottle of gossy or eva water to help you relax.

This is a scriptural c.um intellectual discussion and you have to present sufficient fact to convince me.so far you have failed so woefully to do that and has even helped strenghten my belief in prayers for the dead.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2012
[/quote]Those who are physically dead I repeat are conscious of nothing @ all...they can neither learn nor be active... [quote]

Another stupid charles russel teaching.now how come moses was able to able to converse with Jesus and peter after the transfiguration after been dead.Also how come samuel was able to appear and propesy to saul after death.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
ijawkid:

And this verses support what??........

Kindly explain that passage
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
Not angry or tensed up but irritated at your ignorance, read and digest my previous comments you will at least gain one or two things, or are you part of majority of Nigerians that don't read ?
Re: Praying For The Dead by pastormustwacc: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
This thread is hotter than fire!
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Talking about Samuel and Saul conversation, did'nt Sameul ask why Saul was disturbing his peace ?
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :
Not angry or tensed up but irritated at your ignorance, read and digest my previous comments you will at least gain one or two things, or are you part of majority of Nigerians that don't read ?

Your comments were simply illogical.How did you come about the fallacy of Abraham's bosom.That is one of the most ridiculous teachings I have ever come across.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :
Talking about Samuel and Saul conversation, did'nt Sameul ask why Saul was disturbing his peace ?

At least it proved my assertion that the dead are not really uncounscious or no nothing happening.Their spirits are aware of their place of abode and happenings around them.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

At least it proved my assertion that the dead are not really uncounscious or no nothing happening.Their spirits are aware of their place of abode and happenings around them.

They are not !!!
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
Go make an intensive biblical study, with the aid of google and some apologetic Christian materials. Then you will have a glimpse of what i'm talking about.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
frosbel:

They are not !!!

Kindly explain the case with moses and samuel
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44: Those who are physically dead I repeat are conscious of nothing @ all...they can neither learn nor be active...

Another stupid charles russel teaching.now how come moses was able to able to converse with Jesus and peter after the transfiguration after been dead.Also how come samuel was able to appear and propesy to saul after death.

That was a transfiguration my bro......

Didn't you know??......

And was it samuel that really came back or a demon that paraded as samuel??.........

From your assertion we can conclude that samuels spirit( which you claim lived on after his death and is conscious) violated Gods law and cooperated with a spirit medium in order to meet saul....

Yahweh had refused to talk with saul....could a wicked spirit medium,in effect,have forced GOD(Yahweh) almighty to communicate with saul by means of dead samuel??.....

God had earlier warned his people not to have any dealings with spirit mediums or consult fortune tellers(leveticus 19:31).....

It is clear. That the apparition saul saw that was invoked by the witch he met wasn't Gods faithful prophet samuel,rather it was a demon.........a wicked spirit pretending to be dead samuel.....

Samuel is still in his grave waiting for the time when he'll be ressurected......

Mayb you are one of those false christians who still go to meet JUJU priest to inquire about the dead.....abi??
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :
Go make an intensive biblical study, with the aid of google and some apologetic Christian materials. Then you will have a glimpse of what i'm talking about.

In otherwords you are now resorting to protestant fundamentalist tradition.I had thought you guys practice sola scripture?
Re: Praying For The Dead by ijawkid(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

Kindly explain that passage

You explain first...na you quote am....if you ever try to link that verse with praying for the dead na trouble you don enter...
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
ijawkid:

That was a transfiguration my bro......

Didn't you know??......

And was it samuel that really came back or a demon that paraded as samuel??.........

From your assertion we can conclude that samuels spirit( which you claim lived on after his death and is conscious) violated Gods law and cooperated with a spirit medium in order to meet saul....

Yahweh had refused to talk with saul....could a wicked spirit medium,in effect,have forced GOD(Yahweh) almighty to communicate with saul by means of dead samuel??.....

God had earlier warned his people not to have any dealings with spirit mediums or consult fortune tellers(leveticus 19:31).....

It is clear. That the apparition saul saw that was invoked by the witch he met wasn't Gods faithful prophet samuel,rather it was a demon.........a wicked spirit pretending to be dead samuel.....

Samuel is still in his grave waiting for the time when he'll be ressurected......

Mayb you are one of those false christians who still go to meet JUJU priest to inquire about the dead.....abi??
Where did you read it was impostor? Did it not correctly prophesy saul's fate?

Now how about moses during the transfiguration.Was it also an impostor.
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
Why Sameul asked that question was to tell you that the dead are supposed to be allowed to remain in their state of rest and stop disturbing them with your prayers and supplications. The dead has fought their own good fight of faith in life, forget about them, fight and win your own course
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :
Why Sameul asked that question was to tell you that the dead are supposed to be allowed to remain in their state of rest and stop disturbing them with your prayers and supplications. The dead has fought their own good fight of faith in life, forget about them, fight and win your own course

How come samuel was consious of the fact he was been disturbed?
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
ijawkid:

You explain first...na you quote am....if you ever try to link that verse with praying for the dead na trouble you don enter...

That verse clearly says not every sin will lead to damnation and thus we should pray for our loved ones who have departed.Even paul prayed for his late friend onesiphorous
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

In otherwords you are now resorting to protestant fundamentalist tradition.I had thought you guys practice sola scripture?

I fight the course of the cross, defending the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Praying For The Dead by HerexG(m): 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
chukwudi44:

How come samuel was consious of the fact he was been disturbed?

Don't you know after one dies, the soul live on. Either one lives to eternity or damned.
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
HerexG :

Don't you know after one dies, the soul live on. Either one lives to eternity or damned.

Tell that to ijawkid he does not seem to agree with you
Re: Praying For The Dead by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Baptism for the dead in the scriptures.
1 Corinthians 15:29-30

King James Version (KJV)

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Something Inherently Wrong With Black Africans? / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye / South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.