Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,674 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car (1182 Views)

Need advice on car choice / Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? / Rules On Car Importation To Nigeria - Is It 8 Years Or 10 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car by jenju(m): 10:44am On Feb 03, 2008
A number of vessels were cleared for me in Apapa last week and unfortunately, one of them had weird numbers written in permanent pen on the driver's door. Employees of Grimaldi apparently wrote the numbers on the car.

Have you guys experienced such a thing, and if so what chemical did you use to get the permanent pen mark off. The car that was brought in RORO is the one with the markings.  I'm currently out of the country but I need to tell my helpers how to remove these markings as that particular car is to be shown to potential buyers soon.

Cheers
Re: How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car by Ivvie: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2008
|
Re: How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car by jenju(m): 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2008
Ivvie:

The only way to remove that without tarnishing the clearcoat protectant is by buffing the entire shell instead of the region alone to have a uniform shade. There is no other logical way of removing it.

There are places in Lagos where they do professional collision just as we have here, usually independent. I think buffers are the same. The original paint colour will be noticed after a thorough buff.

Peace.

Thanks for the tip
Re: How To Remove Permanent Pen Markings On Car by Ivvie: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2008
|

(1) (Reply)

Code To Unlock Honda Accord 2002 Audio System / Juicy Offer>>>>buy Your Clean Registered 2000 Model Mitsubishi Galant 500k / 2005 Toyota Camry Le Silver Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.