Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP (10942 Views)

PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties / ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Wadeoye(m): 12:27am On Nov 13, 2012
skyfall: Great idea. It can work as long as Buhari or Tinubu are not contesting. All the opposition parties should present a single candidate against the evil PDP in 2015. We need to get rid of that empty-headed fisherman in Aso Rock.

Give me one sensible reason Buhari should not contest? I am Yoruba and I will not vote for Tinubu if he contests? But Buhari, I will campaign for him with everything I have.

Please remember I have only asked for intelligent reason why Buhari should not reason... Don't come and tell me all those crap and bigotry that brought us to where we're today.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by misterhillz(m): 12:41am On Nov 13, 2012
Wadeoye:

Give me one sensible reason Buhari should not contest? I am Yoruba and I will not vote for Tinubu if he contests? But Buhari, I will campaign for him with everything I have.

Please remember I have only asked for intelligent reason why Buhari should not reason... Don't come and tell me all those crap and bigotry that brought us to where we're today.
i honestly don't want buhari to contest again.they should just bring good candidates that will represent the interest of Nigerians.that's it

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by livingday: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2012
Unite to defeat PDP is sensible

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by lynton(m): 1:06am On Nov 13, 2012
This is a good move and I pray they work it out to perfection. Definitely Nigeria is heading for better days and PDP should start parking. From my opinion I believe Gen. Buhari and Gov. Fashola should fly the ticket. This is because judging from the amount of votes that Gen. Buhari was able to gather alone during the 2011 election, I'm very sure if he can combine with Gov. Fashola as a team, then PDP should start parking their loads from Aso Rock. Change for Nigeria is long over due. I am an Igbo man and I fully support change for my country. Is time we put sentiments aside and face reality for the sake of young ones and generations to come.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by roy4real(m): 4:15am On Nov 13, 2012
A Ribadu/Fashola (muslim/muslim) ticket in a nigerian political contest will only give a good chance 2 PDP. Let think of a christian 4rm North central or kaduna as president & a South westerner or South easterner as V/P respectively. Its high time PDP left with their corruption conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 13, 2012
Have you ever considered that GEJ won the election because he was CHRISTIAN? Any muslim ticket is a non-starter... Fashola/Ribadu? ACN/CPC??... oh time will tell... #sings#
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by gentleoyink: 4:37am On Nov 13, 2012
Good talk. People shout Buhari anyhow as if he alone will change Nigeria. Buhari may become the president, but even meaningful budgets and laws will not be passed with a national assembly like the one we have now. And do not forget, this is democracy, so Buhari cannot say let this person be arrested and it will be so.

mu2sa2: Nigeria is heading for a 2-party system if the merger goes ahead. The smaller parties will either dissolve into the two parties or die natural deaths. A 3rd party may emerge, though, formed by dissidents from the two parties. But there is no guarantee that good governance will be enhanced because it is human beings that drive the system, not parties. There4, if politicians remain corrupt and irresponsible we will get nowhere.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by try69: 5:02am On Nov 13, 2012
xandy84:
You are wrong with your analysis.. Ribadu did not win a single state in North in last election meaning he is not acceptable by northerners while Fashola is only popular in southwest giving Jonathan his best chance to win in free and fair election... My view
All that happened then because Nigerians were blinded by the "south-south" man from the minority ruling. I believe Nigerians are regretting and would change that with the slightest opportuinity.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by try69: 5:23am On Nov 13, 2012
Wadeoye:

Ribadu? Is he not already in PDP working with Jonathan to fight oil thieves? How do you expect opposition parties to do all the work only for Ribadu to come and carry the flag against his friend (GEJ)?
So because one dislikes gej's govt means he cannot accept political appointment to sanitize a sector?
Do you know the reasons ribadu's report is causing ripples all over?
What do you do with ur fone or laptop? Facebook? Mtcheewwwww..
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by tpapi: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2012
killuminati: I don't get you, you mean will die before 2015? undecided
didn't u do eng comprehensio in school,use ur membranes,I mean his 2nd term is guarnteed irrespective of d merger
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by tpapi: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2012
Wadeoye:

d blood n d baboons will b soaked in blood
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by leleEkpa: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2012
If d merger goes well,d next thing is who carry the flag of the mega party in 2015.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by hubreality(m): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2012
Good for them, but if they collectively and mistakenly bring out Buhari or El-rufai as presidential candidate, they'll collectively fail woefully yakata like always! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by ivy77: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2012
RIBADU/FASHOLA ticket is quite ok. Lets put religious sentiment aside and fight for what will bring us out of the mess PDP has brought on us. But i doubt if Buhari will ever step down for anybody. He is too eager to rule and too self center to give someone a chance.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by lumeneng22: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2012
begwong: hope buhari wont be flying the merged party flag in 2015.
bc he would fail woefully!
.Remember,if he fail the baboons and the dogs will be soaked in blood.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by swoosh(m): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2012
kITA TITA: Buhari and Tinubu are very odd combination. It's like light and darkness. CPC should have carried on alone. It's not all about winning elections. It shuld be about ideology.
Sensible post
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by friedrice1: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Ribadu / Fashola ticket is a great idea.
But i see a lot of Silly Nigerians turning against the duo
before 2015 by voting Jonathan and his PDP.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by hubreality(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2012
fried-rice:
Ribadu / Fashola ticket is a great idea.
But i see a lot of Silly Nigerians turning against the duo
before 2015 by voting Jonathan and his PDP.
Ribadu/Rochas

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by friedrice1: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2012
hubreality:
Ribadu/Rochas
Rochas would not risk hanging hs fate on unreliable Nigerians
at the national level. He would prefer seeking a second term in office.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by rbjimoh: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2012
Everybody here have missed the point! And you've veered off the smoothest lane Nigeria could drive through. Ok, what's brilliant about Fashola/Ribadu conbination? Because one is alledged to be a technocrat and the other got enough claws to fight curruption crusade? Hehe, and what more? What do you guys think won the US race for Obama other than his magnetic speeches, and you think this due could do that magic here? Patience Confort Jonathan is our woman jare..
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by blocker: 8:17am On Nov 13, 2012
kITA TITA: Buhari and Tinubu are very odd combination. It's like light and darkness. CPC should have carried on alone. It's not all about winning elections. It shuld be about ideology.

A means to an end my good friend, a means to an end.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Demdem(m): 8:30am On Nov 13, 2012
Anything that will bring an end to cluelessness and stupidity in governance as epitomized by the present government headed by the Retardeen is a welkom development. The killer party must die.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Deprofessional(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2012
It is very unfortunate the way this merger is going. Let me tell you something you do not know.
For the merger of CPC/ANPP/ACN to provide a formidable platform to wrestle power out of PDP, an Igbo man MUST fly the presidential flag.

Reason, this is the only way to give the merger a national outlook. secondly, the Igbos who constitute the the 2nd largest after the indigenous tribe will massively vote for the merged party which in essence will give the required 25% of the votes in each state.

Third, it will go to show that the proponent of merger talks are really sincere to provide dividend of democracy to the people irrespective of who is at the helm of affairs.

My thought though.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by 7lives: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2012
APGA should also come in to bargain for Igbo president, i see someone like Chris Ngige flying the presidential flag in this new arrangement.
Honestly speaking, Igbo president is long overdue, this is the only way every tribe can have a true sense of belonging.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by seyigiggle: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2012
muslim/muslim. don't forget that Nigerians are sensitive when it comes to issues such as tribe and religion.
it will be an indirect weak point for them, don't forget that Christians may not vote for fashola because he want to tax their churches.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by DarkKnight1: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2012
Lanreclassic:

Efforts by the two parties to work together before that election fell through following disagreement over the choice of running mate for General Muhammadu Buhari.

An alliance between the North and the West can only benefit the North.Its 2 votes against one.I suggest that they agree on a presidential candidate for 2015 elections before going into any merger.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Wadeoye(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2012
mister.hillz:
i honestly don't want buhari to contest again.they should just bring good candidates that will represent the interest of Nigerians.that's it

You have not given me a reason why Buhari should not contest... Is "honestly" the reason why he should not contest?
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Wadeoye(m): 9:51am On Nov 13, 2012
christopherike: Have you ever considered that GEJ won the election because he was CHRISTIAN? Any muslim ticket is a non-starter... Fashola/Ribadu? ACN/CPC??... oh time will tell... #sings#

You are a fool... So, Tinubu conspired with PDP to allow South West to vote for Jonathan because Tinubu is a christian and as such he wanted a christian as president? Igbo logic.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Wadeoye(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2012
Deprofessional: It is very unfortunate the way this merger is going. Let me tell you something you do not know.
For the merger of CPC/ANPP/ACN to provide a formidable platform to wrestle power out of PDP, an Igbo man MUST fly the presidential flag.

Reason, this is the only way to give the merger a national outlook. secondly, the Igbos who constitute the the 2nd largest after the indigenous tribe will massively vote for the merged party which in essence will give the required 25% of the votes in each state.

Third, it will go to show that the proponent of merger talks are really sincere to provide dividend of democracy to the people irrespective of who is at the helm of affairs.

My thought though.

Igbo for where? Is APGA no longer existing? Igbo should go and contect under APGA... Sure they will win...
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Gbawe: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2012
lynton: This is a good move and I pray they work it out to perfection. Definitely Nigeria is heading for better days and PDP should start parking. From my opinion I believe Gen. Buhari and Gov. Fashola should fly the ticket. This is because judging from the amount of votes that Gen. Buhari was able to gather alone during the 2011 election, I'm very sure if he can combine with Gov. Fashola as a team, then PDP should start parking their loads from Aso Rock. Change for Nigeria is long over due. I am an Igbo man and I fully support change for my country. Is time we put sentiments aside and face reality for the sake of young ones and generations to come.

Buhari/Fashola would be a great combination. Buhari remains popular and respected in the North while Fashola is tried and tested in the South. Most important is the consideration that Nigerians need politicians who are not politicians. Sounds like an oxymoron but it simply means Nigerians need political leaders who are first pro-progress than anything else. They are the sort who will shun the political expediency detrimental to Nigeria's progress. It is those sort of folks that can walk out the cabals, political jobbers, AGIPs and rent-seekers when they come calling to the immense benefit of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP by Akanbiedu(m): 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
Let the parties concentrate on building understanding and agreements for now. No need to discuss candidates yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faleke: Direct Or Indirect Primaries, Tinubu Will Win 2023 Election / Group Celebrates Gowon, Hits IPOB / Boko Haram Is Sponsored By Wealthy Nigerians – Security Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.