Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

“Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions (5806 Views)

FG To Establish National Carrier / It's A Lie! Only 48 Nigerians Deported- Immigration / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by apala911: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2012
Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Olugbenga Ashiru, has instructed Nigerian missions abroad to ensure that henceforth, the issuance of visas does not exceed 48 hours.

He made this known at the signing of “Performance Contract” with Heads of Nigerian Missions in the United States of America at the Nigeria House in New York.

Ashiru stressed that the contract will be referred to during appointments and promotions in the future, adding that the government would no longer tolerate delay of visas to investors and visitors.

He said, “All heads of Nigerian Missions abroad would be required to enter into this contract with me so that Nigerians in Diaspora can be better assured of improved service delivery in a manner that justifies the huge investment in the operations of Nigerian missions abroad.”

“Heads of missions are to hold their individual officers accountable for the delivery of agreed outcome such as the number and timeliness of visas and passports issued, the periodicity and quality of reports that are rendered, among other deliverables.”

“I need not stress the imperative need for heads of missions and their officers to continually justify the trust reposed in them by Mr. President on behalf of the Nigerian people.”

The minister further warned that any officer who cannot live up to the highest standard of efficient service delivery, would find it difficult to operate in the new environment that the ministry sought to create.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/13/issue-visas-within-48-hours-fg-directs-foreign-missions/
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by Callotti: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks to our ancestors for dual citizenry! cool
Who wanna go queue up for 3rd-world visa?
Mtcheeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by geeez: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Just like that?

Very funny
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by acidtalk: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2012
*Laugh make me go use play slap Boko Haram Oga pata-pata for face*

Anything about foreign policies, Nigeria can only bark and roar to his high commisions and no one else. Its a shame no one respects or value Nigeria again.

The once giant of Africa. Imagine even Afghanistan and Somalia can threaten to deport Nigerians.

Jonathan himself is being pitied to grant him permit into their country.
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by ELgordo(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2012
Damn# boring. . . . What else iz new?
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by ipromise: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Senseless minister would †ђξ Nigeria embassy ђά̲̣̣vέ enough time to verify †ђξ authenticity of †ђξ document presented †ђξ visa applicants? Other country will N̶̲̥̅̊
ǝ̥̥
V̶̲̥̅̊
e̶̲̥̅̊
я̲̣̣̥
do dat. Atleast two weeks..
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by aussyroyal(f): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2012
Really? Dats good
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by ngmart(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2012
Hummmmmmm at last
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by kollybay4u: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2012
I have notice something in ds country that they can never make any policy for the benefit of the masses, but instead for the benefit of their family or calibre and their greedy mind. EWU...
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2012
Nonsense. Will China issue its Visa to Nigerian citizens within 48hrs?
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2012
As easy as ABC!
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 13, 2012
HMmmmmm,I cant believe this? I can now travel to my dream country.
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by PapaBrowne(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2012
acidtalk: *Laugh make me go use play slap Boko Haram Oga pata-pata for face*

Anything about foreign policies, Nigeria can only bark and roar to his high commisions and no one else. Its a shame no one respects or value Nigeria again.

The once giant of Africa. Imagine even Afghanistan and Somalia can threaten to deport Nigerians.

Jonathan himself is being pitied to grant him permit into their country.

If Afghanistan and Somalia are threatening to deport Nigerians is it not because Nigerians just like you and everyone of us have chosen to exhibit bad characters in different countries across the world.
Aren't there also Nigerians that are been begged to come over to developed countries worldwide and help contribute to their development.

Lets talk about the policy. Its an excellent policy as it would help attract investment to the country. Nigerian embassies as regards visas were treating foreigners maybe worse that the foreign embassies in Nigeria treat Nigerians.
It is very bad for business. A smooth visa policy is an essential too for investment. Read up UAE or Singapore and go figure!

If you've flown to Nigeria recently, do you see the amount of foreigners from various countries on the planes? Before it used to be just Indians, Chinese and Lebanese, but these days you meet every nationality including all the way Australians. I always wonder: these people no dey fear Boko Haram sef??

Nigeria's economy is attractive so we much support our attractiveness with friendly visa regimes to help improve the investment climate.

3 Likes

Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by jpphilips(m): 11:56am On Nov 13, 2012
PapaBrowne:

If Afghanistan and Somalia are threatening to deport Nigerians is it not because Nigerians just like you and everyone of us have chosen to exhibit bad characters in different countries across the world.
Aren't there also Nigerians that are been begged to come over to developed countries worldwide and help contribute to their development.

Lets talk about the policy. Its an excellent policy as it would help attract investment to the country. Nigerian embassies as regards visas were treating foreigners maybe worse that the foreign embassies in Nigeria treat Nigerians.
It is very bad for business. A smooth visa policy is an essential too for investment. Read up UAE or Singapore and go figure!

If you've flown to Nigeria recently, do you see the amount of foreigners from various countries on the planes? Before it used to be just Indians, Chinese and Lebanese, but these days you meet every nationality including all the way Australians. I always wonder: these people no dey fear Boko Haram sef??

Nigeria's economy is attractive so we much support our attractiveness with friendly visa regimes to help improve the investment climate.

it is not always the way it sounds, most of those foreigners come to take up jobs meant for Nigerians. Once they Get that Visa, nobody cares what they do, how they remain here.

the easiest way to guarantee jobs for Nigerians is denying visa to low cadre staffs of various organizations. If the Chinese working as sales rep at happy bite were denied visas, guess a Nigerian should be working a shift.
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by DrMuzungu(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nigerian embassies abroad (or at least the one I was applying for visa at) takes at least 7 working days to process a visa application. before the end of 7 days period, you can't even make enquiries (over the phone or by e-mail). Now, don't take me wrong, 7 days is quite reasonable, but if you do it in 7 (or more) days, how can you demand from others to do it in 2 days?!?!?!
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by pendulasis: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
my question is what's been done to the issue of stamping "x"on Nigeria passport
when refused a visa by foreign embassy in Nigerien
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by YoursGEJ(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
Dem for kuku add advertisement and promo
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by SapeleDon: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
I put up a post about two or so months ago on how I actually got my passport back stamped with a Nigerian Visa via an express mail delivery and it took exactly 48 hours. For those living in the United States and are close to Georgia my advice is for you to go to the Embassy in Atlanta. Not sure there is anybody that can complain about the Embassy there,and for those with triple and double nationality bad mouthing every little positive step the Nigerian Govt takes I am sure you guys are very proud of yourself. Some people can not just grow up. As if having a dual citizenship as an express ticket to heaven or even Disneyworld. Nigeria is a work in progress and I have nothing but admiration and respect for anybody who in their little ways(even by words of the mouth)in helping the country grows.

1 Like

Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by Caponi: 1:03am On Nov 14, 2012
Sapele_Don: I put up a post about two or so months ago on how I actually got my passport back stamped with a Nigerian Visa via an express mail delivery and it took exactly 48 hours. For those living in the United States and are close to Georgia my advice is for you to go to the Embassy in Atlanta. Not sure there is anybody that can complain about the Embassy there,and for those with triple and double nationality bad mouthing every little positive step the Nigerian Govt takes I am sure you guys are very proud of yourself. Some people can not just grow up. As if having a dual citizenship as an express ticket to heaven or even Disneyworld. Nigeria is a work in progress and I have nothing but admiration and respect for anybody who in their little ways(even by words of the mouth)in helping the country grows.

Sapele_Don: I put up a post about two or so months ago on how I actually got my passport back stamped with a Nigerian Visa via an express mail delivery and it took exactly 48 hours. For those living in the United States and are close to Georgia my advice is for you to go to the Embassy in Atlanta. Not sure there is anybody that can complain about the Embassy there,and for those with triple and double nationality bad mouthing every little positive step the Nigerian Govt takes I am sure you guys are very proud of yourself. Some people can not just grow up. As if having a dual citizenship as an express ticket to heaven or even Disneyworld. Nigeria is a work in progress and I have nothing but admiration and respect for anybody who in their little ways(even by words of the mouth)in helping the country grows.

you are lucky on this one, it took me one month to get my daugther a visa to visit Nigeria, actually she got it 3 hrs before her fligth, and guess what? she was just one month old. i had to pray 4 naija , the bad news was that d folks at d washington consulate office do not even answer phone calls, so it was difficult 2 follow up. This move by d foreign minister is a good one , hope it works
Re: “Issue Nigerian Visas Within 48 Hours” – FG To Foreign Missions by SapeleDon: 4:35am On Nov 14, 2012
@Caponi

I have had two dealings with the Nigerian embassy in Atlanta and both times the services have been more than impressive.

First, was some time last year when I went for the new biometrics passport which was posted to me again in a matter of days and when my work place insisted on seeing only a Nigerian VISA before approving my vacation to Nigeria I went back there and just like the first time was impressed with their service. Its small,less crowd and a less waiting time plus the workers there are superb. My brother you will think the guys working there are not Nigerians.

I recommend Atlanta. Years ago as a student in the UK, when I went for my passport renewal at the embassy in London that was how it was too. You pick a number,waited to be called and you were served. Its so easy for us to do the right thing and I remember one incident in the London office when one heavily pancaked yoruba woman tried to jump everybody else without having a number picked,so trust naija people to chorus no no no. I have read a lot of complaints about the DC and NY embassy with their rudeness and manners. Sorry about what happened to your daughter but with this move by the Govt I hope people in the diaspora would have a reason to smile.

Lastly,and this goes to the people who are quick to shoot down anything Nigeria, my advice for you guys is to grow up and contribute your quota's in any little way to ensuring Nigeria becomes great as your multiple citizenship does not change your roots. And as I told somebody the other day I AM A PROUD Nigerian and even America has not changed the PURE KPAKO guy which I am,and in my little way will only lift Nigeria up both in words and deeds.

We all are immigrants in a strange land and just as you can not be more catholic than the pope,or more English than the Queen. That is how you can not be more Westernized than the people in your adopted coutry. So for the illiterates and I AM A SO SO NATIONAlITY PASSPORT FLASHERS keep making a mockery of yourself thinking you are insulting Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.