Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services (5810 Views)

Man Receiving Call Crushed To Death By Trailer In Lagos (photo) / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Red And Black Bags At Uk Visa Centres (vfs Global) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by richards2014: 4:03am On Jul 23, 2014
Dear House,
Early this month I applied for UK visa and have got email from Home Office that my visa has been approved and stamped. That email is now over 7 days but I am yet to receive my passport or any information from VFS that handles UK visa applications.

I applied for this UK visa from the VFS UK Visa Application Centre in Abuja. I paid for both courier delivery of my passport/documents and sms alerts also. Since I submitted documents i have only received one sms from VFS when they told me that my documents has been received and is being forwarded to British Embassy for processing. That sms was sent to me the same day I attended the iv/finger printing.

My concern is that my travel date is around the corner and I have not yet received my passport/documents? I don't even know how to contact VFS company because there is no contact details on their website. No email, no phone number? Is this VFS company not supposed to display their contact details on their website?

I want to know how to go about receiving my passport and all the plenty documents i submitted for my visa. Is 6 days not enough time for VFS to return my documents to me? Is VFS not supposed to be updating me with SMS alerts that I paid for? The reason I paid for SMS and courier delivery is because I dont base in Abuja, and its long journey for me to travel to Abuja just to pick passport, so I paid for courier and sms charges.

I have come to Nairaland because I know many people here might have used their services or have similar experience. Do I continue to wait for them to contact me or what am I supposed to do?

Since 6 days now I have been tracking my application on VFS website and this is the same response i keep getting since 6 days now: Status Processed application delivered to UPS on
For Gods sake why cant they complete the statement? They cant even mention which date my documents was sent to UPS? Am I supposed to contact UPS or what? I don't even have a tracking number so what am i going to tell UPS?

Below is a copy of the email I received from Abuja Visa Documents @fco.gov.uk

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail will not be answered.
Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by bigtt76(f): 4:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Why don't you visit the nearest VFS office closest to you undecided
Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by richards2014: 4:11am On Jul 23, 2014
bigtt76: Why don't you visit the nearest VFS office closest to you undecided

VFS offices are only in Abuja and Lagos. These two cities are very far away from my location, that was the reason I paid those sms/courier fees.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by Sankabson(m): 4:38am On Jul 23, 2014
And You can't reach them Via the same platform they contact You with earlier when they got Your Docs.i mean Via Text Message.

I will advice to go their nearest office either Lagos or Abuja,Face to Face conversation would be Cool than on phone and Internet. Or send someone there who stays either of the two cities to get more information about the Package on Your Behalf.

So it won't affect Your Travel Schedule.
Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by bigtt76(f): 5:11am On Jul 23, 2014
They also have customer care numbers you can call for more advice.
Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by richards2014: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2014
bigtt76: They also have customer care numbers you can call for more advice.

Please what are the customer care numbers you are talking about? If you know or have them please post them here. Thanks
Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by richards2014: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
DEAR HOUSE, I JUST GOT A CALL 2 HOURS AGO FROM UPS, THEY JUST DELIEVERED THE PARCEL TO MY HOUSE MINUTES AGO.

I STILL THINK VFS SHOULD HAVE SENT ME SMS ALERTS BC I PAID FOR IT. AND I WONDER WHY IT TOOK 7 DAYS TO RECEIVE A PARCEL FROM UPS WITHIN NIGERIA. I RECEIVE DHL PARCELS MONTHLY AND I CONFIRM DHL IS BETTER THAN UPS. ITS EITHER THE DELAY/FAULT IS FROM UPS OR VFS. WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE, AM FINE AS I HAVE GOT MY PASSPORT AND VISA.

I HAVE NO COMPLAINS ANYMORE, THE MODS CAN DELETE THIS THREAD IF THEY LIKE.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Advise About Receiving UK Visa Documents From VFS Global Services by bigtt76(f): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good to hear you got the parcel. Bon Voyage!

richards2014:

Please what are the customer care numbers you are talking about? If you know or have them please post them here. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

*~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / New Ferry Service in Lagos.How Effective? / Nigerian Passport For An Infant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.