Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! (37952 Views)

Ebube Essien-garricks MTN Aeroplane Winner (Picture) / Scam Alert:- MTN Ultimate Wonder Promo Aeroplane Offer / Win Brand New Aeroplane! MTN Ultimate Wonder! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by bechex(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
There is no point trying to explain the authenticity of this Promo to some People, Some of you talking thrash here have been brainwashed with the mentality that nothing works, and nothing is for real.

Some of you would not even believe if it was you who got that call..... Perharps you can't wrap your poor brain around "someone giving away 64 million".

Go do your research, MTN turns over that amount in a litlle over 30 mins (@ an average of 2 Billion Naira Turnover per day) so why would they find it difficult to "honestly' give out 64 million Naira)

The terms and conditions were written in Black and White, 'a cessna 182T plane or the Naira Equivalent' you guys just dont read.......

God help this Country.

Once again i say Kudos to MTN and Congrats to the Girl.

3 Likes

Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by naptu2: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
chidyke77: even if it's the aeroplane in answer, mtn promos were noting bt a scam. I agrees wt the posters that mentioned that it was arranged and thats true.

Where's your proof/evidence to back your allegation?
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by chronique(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
Abagworo: FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD!

N64million cannot buy an aeroplane.

God bless you. Not even a tokunbo plane... But if actually,there's a plane worth that amount,I'll still call it fraud. We dont need them promising us a plane. We need them to spend that money in fixing their network & providing us better services. Tomorrow,they'd tell us to text so we can win ship/train... Another word/name for MTN is Fraudsters...
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by puplin(f): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
rman:

It is the ''follow follow'' mentality of nairalanders.

most are just hating because others are doing it.

The winner and everyother facts needed to verify this promo can be found online
Bro, pls how does one verify a promo to ascertain its authenticity...and pls u don verify the winning name too?? Is she real?? Lol, just messing with you.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Mayorwer: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Okija_juju: WHAT!!!!! angry

After all the recharge card wey I load?! Now I get over 500,000 Naira airtime for my phone.. Wetin I go use am do?!

I invested all my salary in this Awoof and then na student win am... angry

F`uck MTN..

Goodbye cruel world...

Best option ....do that and you become an heroe.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Super1759: 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
modelmike7: Lets see how things unfolds. . . I heard about this 'breakin news' on facebook @ 4pm today, just for curiosity sake, i punched the name to check if their is someone like that on facebook fifteen mins later, and alas, a new account was opened in that name ten mins earlier. Wit the pix and location newly updated in less than ten mins, i was actually our Private Jet Winner 3rd friend on facebook, in just 30mins she has got a lot of friends in there, i was thinking maybe the person is her namesake but i was still suprised when she was saying thanks to all the numerous congratulatory messages to her , and her very first status update was, "i'm still suprised. Still in shock, i'm so happy" or sometin close, my comment to d so call mystery girl is, 'well lets see how things unfolds, congrats in between' which she replied 'thanks dear'! Well, its very little i can say now maybe its a scam or not , but lets wait and see how tins unfolds. Hmmmmmm. Up Nigeria O! A country where everytin goes!! Her name is up there.
Same thing just popped into ma mind. She just opened d page 15mins ago and already a celebrity. If she is a normal student and ordinary nigeria. She is suppose get a normal account before now...I smell rat shaaa
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
Na advertisement joor
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by fritziebaby(f): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=124717367685996&refid=46 she don already turn public figure........happy for her
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by puplin(f): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
To those that are still saying 64m can't buy a plane, I'm praying for y'all...

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by abbey2kool: 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Na lie Joor, i just search for the gurl on Facebook, imagine she joined facebook 1hr ago.
Bleep MtN
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by caesaraba(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
Abeg, If you no believe am, leave matter for those wey believe. The level of pessimism is so high that some wouldn't even believe they'll be able to make babies even if the doctor told them that they were already pregnant. Stay here they call MTN fraudsters when they just gave out less than an hour's revenue to an individual after long months advertising this promo and making a whole lot of money from it.

If na you dem call, you for bounce d call and insult them say yahoo boys wan use ur head abi?
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
chronique:

God bless you. Not even a tokunbo plane... But if actually,there's a plane worth that amount,I'll still call it fraud. We dont need them promising us a plane. We need them to spend that money in fixing their network & providing us better services. Tomorrow,they'd tell us to text so we can win ship/train... Another word/name for MTN is Fraudsters...
dashing out N64m is cheaper than a network upgrade. There's a humonguous difference.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
In my opinion, the lady made a wrong choice. She should have taken the plane and leased it out. That's guaranteed income for years that she has thrown away.

Any student of finance can easily deduce that the present value received (N64m) is nothing compared to the hundreds of millions (if not billions) that would be obtained cumulatively from a long-term lease.

Poor, short-sighted choice.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by princemedico: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
Wash wash, who is giving this fake news. If it is for real the date of award would have been all over the media.

Sorry, for the mistake,
Wsah wsah, who is gnivig tihs fkae nwes. If it is for rael the dtae of arawd wuold hvae been all oevr the meida.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by honeric01(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
modelmike7: [b]Lets see how things unfolds. . . I heard about this 'breakin news' on facebook @ 4pm today, just for curiosity sake, i punched the name to check if their is someone like that on facebook fifteen mins later, and alas, a new account was opened in that name ten mins earlier. Wit the pix and location newly updated in less than ten mins, i was actually our Private Jet Winner 3rd friend on facebook, in just 30mins she has got a lot of friends in there, i was thinking maybe the person is her namesake but i was still suprised when she was saying thanks to all the numerous congratulatory messages to her , and her very first status update was, "i'm still suprised. Still in shock, i'm so happy" or sometin close, my comment to d so call mystery girl is, 'well lets see how things unfolds, congrats in between' which she replied 'thanks dear'! Well, its very little i can say now maybe its a scam or not , but lets wait and see how tins unfolds. Hmmmmmm. Up Nigeria O! A country where everytin goes!! Her name is up there. [/b]
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by mu2sa2: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
So many people hav been scammed by MTN that they will never believe anything from them. True, MTn can give away 64 million, but will get it back the same day by doing what they know how to do best - just by deducting the same amount from their subscribers' credit.shikena. I doubt if there is a single MTN subscriber who has not been defrauded this way by these criminals from south Africa.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by aladdin001(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
i hope nairalanders are not blind for God sake its two million naira dat is written on the cheque na!!! shocked shocked shocked look clozer
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by puplin(f): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
Except she has some sort of strict privacy settings on her facebook account, she'd have returned in a search...that is if she's on facebook which is very likely. I expect mtn to actually hold a press conference soon with the winner and let the world meet her. U don't just announce a name and end it there.

1 Like

Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Singalex(m): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
The gal no get department grin...chai dis ppl sabi lie eehh grin infact no be emptyhen again na emptylions grin grin
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by crisycent: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Which kind scam be dis? dem dey sell plane 64m? abi na made in enugu plane?
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by puplin(f): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
mu2sa2: So many people hav been scammed by MTN that they will never believe anything from them. True, MTn can give away 64 million, but will get it back the same day by doing what they know how to do best - just by deducting the same amount from their subscribers' credit.shikena. I doubt if there is a single MTN subscriber who has not been defrauded this way by these criminals from south Africa.
In all honesty, I've never been defrauded by mtn in my 6yrs of being on the network...i hope that erases your doubt a little. Lol
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Austinodark(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
ItsModella:
Like wtf? when people abi na pastors are flying top private jets like Gulfstream and Bombardier, somebody will now want to settle for a Cessna.
whch one u dey fly,see as the tin dey pain you
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by LeJeun3: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2012
Has any credible Station or Newspaper carried this News?
shocked
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Yeske2(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2012
Okija_juju: WHAT!!!!! angry

After all the recharge card wey I load?! Now I get over 500,000 Naira airtime for my phone.. Wetin I go use am do?!

I invested all my salary in this Awoof and then na student win am... angry

F`uck MTN..

Goodbye cruel world...
Guy abeg no kill me with laugh.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by sheymoni(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
Well MTN well done oh una papa eh! Miss essien ebube Garricks na man name sef n d facebook profile was opened 2day wif 34 frends immediately she was announced as d winner of aeroplane and was born 1st of January 1987 and she claims 27,only 2 diff profile pix dat wre updated 2day.........abeg we no dey wear pampers oh who una wan deceive naa lmao notin I wee nt see oh
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
Austinodark: whch one u dey fly,see as the tin dey pain you
why the thing go pain me? so because I think this is fishy means it's paining me? o'boy, move your a$$ away from my face.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by friedrice1: 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
why are Nlanders getting high over this issue, MTN promised a cessna (as seen in the MTN promo poster) and have given the equivalent
in cash, and yet people are angry.
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
How come a winner emerged immediately after ncc banned them all from promos.
I cant believe any one will fall for this!!!
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Rick9(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nothing will ever make me believe this nothing at all
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
wow..!!
Re: Port-Harcourt Student Wins MTN Aeroplane!! by Albedo27(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
[quote author=Laila Ikeji]Ahhhh!!
what a lucky girlll.

Finally, the winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder AEROPLANE has emerged and the lucky Nigerian is Miss Ebube Essien-Garricks, a 27 year old student based in Port Harcourt.

When MTN had called her to tell her she won the aeroplane, she had excitedly screamed: I need the money...money...money!

Ebube chose the cash option of N64million!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knw it was gonna b a fraud, aeroplanes r nt sold in millions, i bet u dey 'l just compensate d gal wt little cash. I think EFCC nd NCC hv a big wrk 2 do here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 3 Smartphone Brands Making Waves In 2019 / I Want To Unlock Ny Nokia Phone Security Code, Any Help Please / Airtel 4.5GB For N200 & 22.5GB For N1,000, Everyone Is Now Eligible- See Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.