Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Please Read And Advise Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Read And Advise Me. (732 Views)

Total Healing Testimonies. Read And Remain Blessed / A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment / Read And Pray: Free Daily Devotional From Arise And Shine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read And Advise Me. by sangoma123: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,
i lost my job just over a year ago , being a professional i decided to set up my own firm and work diligently to build it up. however business has been extremely slow. even the capital to properly set up the firm the way i want has not materialized.i barely manage to keep myself and my family afloat.it just seems that there is a constant hole in my finance. i used to be financialy reckless when i was a bachelor but all that stopped after i got married. now when i plan projects for my family, funds are hard to come by. even when i manage to make a little money, overheads and debts quickly swallow it up.i was almost thrown out of my apartment last year. infact i packed out on the last day because i was just barely able to raise funds to move. i just got a small contract to augment my hustling and next thing my vehicle which i use for the contract has developed problems and has swallowed the little i have made. more problems are showing up in the car when i have not finished paying the mechanics. i concluded a transaction about six months ago and the client is trying to avoid paying me my money.every day issues keep cropping up and i pray and fast and cry to God to please come to my aid to help me build up a source of steady income to enable me sustain my family. at times it makes me wonder if God really exists. i have always kept a clean nose and been honest in my dealings but i see people who do all sorts of things progress.
please is there a force somewhere keeping me down ? i have tried to meet pastors but the one or two that i have met have given me false answers. i really need to know please before i get my self entangled with the infernal one.
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by JeSoul(f): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
My brother,
I don't think there is a "force" keeping you down. What you're going through is what many go through. See this incredible Psalm from the bible about a man in your exact same position:

Psalm 73.
Surely God is good to Isreal and those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggles;their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills. Therefore pride is their necklace;they clothe themselves with violence. From their callous hearts comes iniquity; the evil conceits of their minds know no limits. They scoff, and speak with malice; in their arrogance they threaten oppression. Their mouths lay claim to heaven,and their tongues take possession of the earth. Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance. They say, "How can God know? Does the Most High have knowledge?"

This is what the wicked are like — always carefree, they increase in wealth. Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued;I have been punished every morning. If I had said, "I will speak thus,"I would have betrayed your children. When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors! As a dream when one awakes,so when you arise, O Lord,you will despise them as fantasies.

When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you;you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel,and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heartand my portion forever.

Those who are far from you will perish;you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God.I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

It is difficult for us to understand many of these things - but we know that we are striving for an eternal glory that far outweighs the earthly troubles. Your honesty is not in vain. Your crying out to God for your family is not in vain. Keep on doing your best and your family will love & respect you for that. Hold fast even in the face of discouraging times and it will be well with your soul. Try to keep your hands busy with whatever work you can find & you will not go hungry - that is God's promise to you. Spend time reading the psalms and you'll see much of yourself in there and be able to draw some encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by chrisj2000(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
sangoma123: Dear Nairalanders,
i lost my job just over a year ago , being a professional i decided to set up my own firm and work diligently to build it up. however business has been extremely slow. even the capital to properly set up the firm the way i want has not materialized.i barely manage to keep myself and my family afloat.it just seems that there is a constant hole in my finance. i used to be financialy reckless when i was a bachelor but all that stopped after i got married. now when i plan projects for my family, funds are hard to come by. even when i manage to make a little money, overheads and debts quickly swallow it up.i was almost thrown out of my apartment last year. infact i packed out on the last day because i was just barely able to raise funds to move. i just got a small contract to augment my hustling and next thing my vehicle which i use for the contract has developed problems and has swallowed the little i have made. more problems are showing up in the car when i have not finished paying the mechanics. i concluded a transaction about six months ago and the client is trying to avoid paying me my money.every day issues keep cropping up and i pray and fast and cry to God to please come to my aid to help me build up a source of steady income to enable me sustain my family. at times it makes me wonder if God really exists. i have always kept a clean nose and been honest in my dealings but i see people who do all sorts of things progress.
please is there a force somewhere keeping me down ? i have tried to meet pastors but the one or two that i have met have given me false answers. i really need to know please before i get my self entangled with the infernal one.

hi friend, you're not alone in that situation. i've had similar experiences in my life. infact you'll be shocked if i narrate my own ordeals. but i discovered the source of my own troubles, i took actions and i overcame.
many people are still oblivious of evil powers associated with the bible, you read the bible and all you see are stories of suffering and affliction right? the spirit behind bible is against prosperity and happiness. to cut it short, bible is the source of your troubles; burn your bible today and be free. as for me i didn't burn my own but it's in my toilet serving as toilet papers.

2 Likes

Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by alexleo(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
God bless u my dear.

JeSoul: My brother,
I don't think there is a "force" keeping you down. What you're going through is what many go through. See this incredible Psalm from the bible about a man in your exact same position:

Psalm 73.
Surely God is good to Isreal and those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggles;their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills. Therefore pride is their necklace;they clothe themselves with violence. From their callous hearts comes iniquity; the evil conceits of their minds know no limits. They scoff, and speak with malice; in their arrogance they threaten oppression. Their mouths lay claim to heaven,and their tongues take possession of the earth. Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance. They say, "How can God know? Does the Most High have knowledge?"

This is what the wicked are like — always carefree, they increase in wealth. Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued;I have been punished every morning. If I had said, "I will speak thus,"I would have betrayed your children. When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors! As a dream when one awakes,so when you arise, O Lord,you will despise them as fantasies.

When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you;you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel,and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heartand my portion forever.

Those who are far from you will perish;you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God.I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

It is difficult for us to understand many of these things - but we know that we are striving for an eternal glory that far outweighs the earthly troubles. Your honesty is not in vain. Your crying out to God for your family is not in vain. Keep on doing your best and your family will love & respect you for that. Hold fast even in the face of discouraging times and it will be well with your soul. Try to keep your hands busy with whatever work you can find & you will not go hungry - that is God's promise to you. Spend time reading the psalms and you'll see much of yourself in there and be able to draw some encouragement.
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by onetrack(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
Don't waste your time praying and waiting for God. Instead, be on the lookout for the next opportunity. Sometimes we all end up in bad circumstances. Eventually you will work through these things, and you'll be smarter the next time around. Keep your options open, and whatever you do, just work hard at it. Don't expect things to be easy. I've had some difficulties but I got through them and things are fine.

--an atheist

1 Like

Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by sangoma123: 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
it's not easy at all my friends.my little son cannot go to school bc of fees and im plagued with overheads. i have started applying online for a job to sustain my family before we starve.
this country is indeed a dream killer
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by seyibrown(f): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ OP:
Many people today find themselves in a situation similar to or worse than yours. These are tough times globally.

Are you a believer? Trust in God's promises of provision. Declare he is Jehovah Jireh, in praise and especially when you feel discouraged about your current situation. Ask God for direction (so you know what exactly to do in your situation), and ask him to send the help you need. Request for your specific needs in prayer, request for your daily. ... and when you have prayed, believe that you will receive. I know of a truth that God answers prayers. Post a request in the 'Can we pray together' thread on Nairaland, so others can pray along with you. Thread is here: https://www.nairaland.com/59716/pray-together/29

Meditate and pray:

Jeremiah 29:11 :- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Matthew 6: 26 - Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.)

Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NASB)
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no [a]fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

Psalm 125: 1 (NASB)
125 Those who trust in the Lord Are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever.

Psalm 46: 1 -2 (NASB)
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in [c]trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the [d]sea;
3 Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. [e]Selah.

Romans 8:35 (NASB)
35 Who will separate us from the love of [a]Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

Psalm 118:25 (KJV)
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Phillipians 4:19 --- added to post on 10:47 on 15.11.12
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

God bless you.
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
@OP - hey.. whatever bakes your cookie is fine. at least u agree that the outcome you have just related has an origin that you created with your very hands. It is a common and unfortunate story that a lot of us go (have gone) through. throw-away your regrets and learn from your mistakes. I agree it can be difficult (for lack of a stronger word) to pick up and continue with the hustle (especially with a family) but it would be useful if we know what your "hustle" is so we can help in a practical way (if we can). Cheer-up. I remember vividly a certain Christmas from 10yrs ago, I had garri and groundnut to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I went to church hungry and came back hungry. Never give up and surely if you persevere (regardless the level of work) you will surely succeed, God or no God. but if it keeps hope and courage then i leave you with a verse from Mathew 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. There are opportunities and you can fashion out one if you don't like the ones you see
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
I feel your trouble, @op. I think I understand.

Allow me to add my voice to JeSoul's in saying that it is counterproductive to either blame God for your troubles or take the existence of them as a sign of either His lack of sympathy or His lack of existence.

I don't know well what the situation is. Does your wife work, for instance? What kind of service does your private business provide? What are the major challenges that are facing you in the business currently (outline them clearly, if you can)?

For your own private use: do you maintain a record of your financial accounts? Make budgets? Do you have assets? If you do, how are you managing them? If you don't, do you plan to secure any?

About the client playing games with your payments, have you sought legal advice? I don't mean "have you threatened him with lawyers?" o. I mean, have you sought advice on how to convince him to pay within the limits of the law?

The truth is, things happen. It does not matter that one is a Christian or not. They do. The difference between the Christian and the unbeliever is that the former is an overcomer. He not only survives his challenges, he turns them to serve the purpose of his life. It is in times such as you have described that we Christians learn the strength and power of Christ.

Be strong. Be steadfast. You will come through. I, along with others of our family, will be praying for you. However, if you want it, I can try to work with you through the questions I've presented for your consideration. I hope they're useful to you.

1 Like

Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by solosamste(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2012
If It is convinient for u . let us see one-on-one and I believe God for your total deliverance and absolute freedom from the shackle of the enemy that has been working negatively against the fulfilment of your destiny.
Call 2348034025251
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by Segunagagu(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2012
chrisj2000:

hi friend, you're not alone in that situation. i've had similar experiences in my life. infact you'll be swept off your feet if i narrate my own predicaments. but i discovered the source of my own troubles, i took actions and i overcame.
many people are still oblivious of evil powers associated with the bible, you read the bible and all you see are stories of suffering and affliction right? the spirit behind bible is against prosperity and happiness. to cut it short, bible is the source of your troubles; burn your bible today and be free. as for me i didn't burn my own but it's in my toilet serving as toilet papers.
MAy the merciful God forgive you.Amen.
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by salt1: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
chrisj2000:

hi friend, you're not alone in that situation. i've had similar experiences in my life. infact you'll be swept off your feet if i narrate my own predicaments. but i discovered the source of my own troubles, i took actions and i overcame.

Bible as source of his problems? How can? I don't know which version of the Bible you read that contains tales of suffering and affliction.
Abraham who served God was rich. So was David and others.
In the New Testament, Barnabas sold land (he had land to sell). I have been a Bible-believing xtian for years and rather than impoverishing me, I have had miraculous provisions of jobs, lands, houses etc.
@poster, pls ignore this advice. Life isn't a smooth-sailing ride even though you are a believer. Your faith doesn't exempt you from affliction which is common to all mankind. Don't let the pressures of the moment push you into rituals etc for it will be difficult for you to get back your faith after acquiring all the riches; that is; if you manage to get the riches. Some have died trying.
There was a time things were difficult for my family, but nothing, not even troubles, last forever.
Instead of trying to see any enemy working against you, see it as a trial of faith and ask God to show you a way of escape. I see your present travails as opportunity for a major break through in your finances and other aspects of your life
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by advocate666: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
Do you dream of great job, or even own a great company? Do you want private jets? Do you want to own mansions in every continent and have top models and actresses wait there for you? Do you want political power? Do you want to leave a great inheritance to your children? If your answer is yes, then today is your lucky day. My Master can give you these and many more. All you have to do is bow down and worship Him.
Not difficult, is it? No morning till night prayers and fasting. No reading of or obeying ancient books. No hard hurdles to jump. Just a simple human gesture: Bown down and worship Satan.
Re: Please Read And Advise Me. by chrisj2000(m): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
Segun agagu:
MAy the merciful God forgive you.Amen.

you're the one in need of forgiveness! may MOTHER NATURE forgive you for glorifying that you dumb god for all its works.

(1) (Reply)

Angels / Is Celebrating Christmas Really Demonic? / Rev. Chris Okotie Rules Out Future Marriage, saying "My Decision Is Final"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.