Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:49 AM

How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? (5274 Views)

International Media Rate Nigeria Africa's No 1 Investment Destination / Nigerians Rate Nigeria Police Force Under Current IGP / Pharmaceutical Society Of Nigeria (press Release) On Cynthia's Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eggheaders(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx: Do some of you read international news at all? - if you do, then you would know that the Nigerian press is pretty much like the foreign ones....

Investigative journalism is dead everywhere, period...
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Kaleni(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
If I should rate Nigeria journalist, I'm going to rate them as fairly inelastic cos Nigeria journalist will never give account of event in true and fair manner.. I submit..[b][/b]
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
On a second, the nigerian press has been performing above expectations for qquite some years now. No matter how you see it, press is press and their primary duty is to adequately and accurately inform the public on current issues and newsworthy developments. The nigerian press has been doing that consistently
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Beetwo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
copy and pasted,
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Kaleni(m): 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
May God deliver u frm ur act of ignorance.I doubt it whether u use to watch any international news like CNN.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eggheaders(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2012
shymexx:

You're definitely an egghead - salute!

CNN, BBC, MSNBC, FOX et al are probably worse than the Nigerian media...

Don't even talk about foreign newspapers... grin

salute bro,have been follow ur views as a guest for sometimes. I subscribe to the conspiracy school of thought too like you.isreali-american bankrolled mainstream media keep doling out false info on dafault.wondering where is the wmd in iraq since 2004 with all d analysis of mainstream media of a wmd in that nation.but most nigerians are just too slow to code all this lies.worst of the situation is that the local media here copy paste those false news to sell to nigerians.And the political affliction of Nigerian media is becoming worrisome. objectivity has been sacrificed for monetary gains.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by baslone: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
me i love the press o

abuja big boy buys 86million naira mansion for lover, dies on top of prostitute- city people.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by cunlay007(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
Most of their works are plagiarism & they feed fat 4rm govt corridors to stay alive
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by nbright: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
BeraBera: So amateurish. Looking for who said this and who said that
Imagine an incident that happened in our country and they are quoting A.F.P... that's a BIG shame na
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2012
"Policeman dies after marathon sex with lover"- The Nation

"Jonathan Okays Anambra As An Oil Producing State"-The Sun

"Obama Romances Babangida"- Pointblanknews grin

Naija Press, I dey hail una!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by eledalo: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
CFCfan: "Policeman dies after marathon sex with lover"- The Nation

"Jonathan Okays Anambra As An Oil Producing State"-The Sun

"Obama Romances Babangida"- Pointblanknews grin

Naija Press, I dey hail una!

Your mates dey read BusinessDay and Tell, you dey read Sun and Complete Sports. cheesy
I Joke
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ eledalo: The Sun is not much different from BusinessDay and Tell magazine; it's just a little more salacious due to it's status as a tabloid.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Sagamite(m): 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
CFCfan: @ eledalo: The Sun is not much different from BusinessDay and Tell magazine; it's just a little more salacious due to it's status as a tabloid.

Completely different.

The latter 2 are the publications you can still find at least mediocre journalists.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by SELFWORTH: 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
There is no journalism in Nigeria. It doesnt exist and hasnt existed since the death of Dele Giwa!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
Press have allowed themselves to become a tool of corrupt government to suppress and deceive the masses.

Very unfortunate.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by chichiman: 1:21am On Nov 14, 2012

1. Too many spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors in print reporting. None (and I mean none) of them is free from this.
2. Lack of advanced questioning techniques. Cf. Grilling interview techniques used on HardTalk programme on BBC News 24 or by, for example, John Snow on Channel 4.
3. ON TV, the quality of broadcasting belongs to the 19th (not even the 20th) century both in terms of equipment and staffing.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
It is on record that IBB had vested interests in virtually all the Media Houses except for a few! He is the main reason why some of them (Media Houses) are yet to publish his many dark secrets, except he dies!!! cool
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by 1800bc(f): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
Highest bidder gets his orchestrated news on the headlines!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
SELFWORTH: There is no journalism in Nigeria. It doesnt exist and hasnt existed since the death of Dele Giwa!

I beg to differ, we still have journalism in the country, its just that they need to be overhauled!!!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by olawaleolaolu: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
they are quick to print, but slow in follow up
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
olawaleolaolu: they are quick to print, but slow in follow up

...and you forgot to add that they also fails to deliver cool
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by solomonkane(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Sagamite:

This is coming from the same person that opened this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1077961/best-first-lady-nigeria-ever

You exemplify the creinous fucktards that make up the Nigerian Press.

Majority are under-educated, moronic, corruptable slimeballs with the brain power of a cross breed between a Dodo and a Xmas Turkey.

The only journalist I can confirm is dumber than you is Kemi Lawal of the Punch!

Don't mind IT. IT wants to draw attention to IT's claptrap, ignore and move on. Mmuo Okija has already done justice to IT.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva: They produce sensational news without substance.

Precisely, the kind of JOB they enjoying doing! But you can't blame them since Nigeria is not interested in 'investigative journalism' any longer, a real sad story indeed!!
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
some cases are best left "classified" i.e no go areas. but in the country, it is one of extreme, machinstic ,reckless overclassification
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=Kaleni]If I should rate Nigeria journalist, I'm going to rate them as fairly inelastic cos Nigeria journalist will never give account of event in true and fair manner.. I submit..

i don't blame them,its not their fault... they have continuously been hammered and pampered into submission by the "powers" that be!!! despite the fact that the FOI bill is supposed to have done justice to this clog in the wheel of progress.
Re: How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press? by tomakint: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Aggrippa: some cases are best left "classified" i.e no go areas. but in the country, it is one of extreme, machinstic ,reckless overclassification
A muzzled press is what we have in this country, it will take extra efforts to have independent press in Nigeria! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Relevant Is OBJ In Today's Politics? / Attention Progressives. / Prediction Of Pastor Osinbajo's Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.