Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] (27954 Views)

Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by moderatorr: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
In the adverts they specifically mentioned that it was a "Brand New Plane".
But in reality, when it came to redeeming the prize they offered a 5th hand plane produced in 1956, that would even crash if the poor winner had accepted it.The picture below has their Advert and reality

Secondly, here is a comment by someone on one of the social networks, name with held
See combination of names nah: Miss Ebube(Igbo),Essien(Calabar/Akwaibom),
Garrick(English)yet she isn't married!who una de deceive?
Ndi ara! no be only aeroplane she win,she win country join

What do you think

SOURCE: http://www.dwitch.com/actions/view/3122

9 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by eledalo: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
No you are getting it wrong. This plane was brand new . . . . .when MTN bought it in 1956!! shocked

No but really, its still in production so that means it could be brand new. Though I doubt it since it is MTN.

29 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Beetwo(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
we can just call it brand second new flyin coffin grin,

5 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by moderatorr: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Lol
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by idupaul: 11:09pm On Nov 13, 2012
I82 Ts are still in production , infact newer models come with state of the art garmin glass cockpit

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Smooyis(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2012
Na by force to do promo. I knew they could not be relied on, knowing how much a brand new plane or jet costs
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Ndoz(m): 2:14am On Nov 14, 2012
empty hen
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by TheWiseGuy(m): 3:19am On Nov 14, 2012
Truth is, all these useless promos end up making us poorer by the day. The sooner we open our eyes and stop responding to such offers the better for us. What we need is good service quality--value for our money and not some crappy flying old craft.

10 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Super1759: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2012
but seriously lets tackle this problem.
The girl is still at large and still unknown. Just the name and no trace.
We expected a wider view on this, tv,media carry the news in details
So how did a mere student suddenly open a celebrity page on facebook,15mins after announced.
An ordinary student(who dosent know what facebook is) CANNOT make it her 1st priority if truly she won such.(Such name wasn't on facebook before)
Nobody sabi the girl sef,not even in nairaland weh get over 900,000 members. How many are in naija that even a one person won't knw her.
Efcc and cpc should look into this broad day scam.

12 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by RickyRoss1(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2012
moderatorr: In the adverts they specifically mentioned that it was a "Brand New Plane".
But in reality, when it came to redeeming the prize they offered a 5th hand plane produced in 1956, that would even crash if the poor winner had accepted it.The picture below has their Advert and reality

Secondly, here is a comment by someone on one of the social networks, name with held

What do you think

This MTN promo is 100% scam. How come nobody sabi this girl? I have many friends and family member's in UNIPORT, none of them sabi this strange girl with strange name.
Well I don't blame MTN, I blame Nigerians. Dont be surprised most of the animals trash talking MTN are all using MTN sim cards. How can you come to the internet and call MTN fraud when you are supporting their fraud by patronizing them?

Nigerians are gullible people, from the way everyone is complaining, it seems most of you were actually buying plenty recharge cards so you can win an aeroplane?

If you consider MTN as fraud and greedy network, then stop using their network. I stopped using MTN long time ago, so you dont see me complaining about MTN. Left for me that network will rot away. Anything from South Africa is rip off. Check out DSTV. I repeat, instead of complaining about MTN all the time, if you hate MTN so much please break your MTN simcard.

9 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by PearlJoy: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2012
Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams

3 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Okijajuju1(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2012
Did MTN ever say it was a new aeloplane
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2012
Plane na plane, as long as say they give am or the money truly.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by kevoh(m): 8:50am On Nov 14, 2012
One day the truth about this scam will come out even if it will be in my old age.

4 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Teejayphillip(m): 8:51am On Nov 14, 2012
I waka pass... Brand new aeroplane in dia drimz... Mtn sef fit maintain aeroplane demsef... We don tire wif dia cracky lies joor.. Dough dey ® stil my best connection

1 Like

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Myself2(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2012
Not those fraudsters at called MTN again,
Nooooo not again
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by forkadict(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2012
i SWEAR IF NA ME BE pRESIDO I FOR DON FRUSTRATE THESE ID.IOTIC mTN OUT OF NAIJA TEY TEY.

Those gooooons are big time scammers. They promised a brand new aeroplane or its cash equivalent. I read in a report that they paid the assumed winner N64M. Now is N64M adequate to purchase a brand new aeroplane? But then its only in GEJ's naija that fraud like these get perpetrated openly and NOTIN DEY HAPPEN.

MTN, E NO GO BETTER FOR UNA

6 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2012
For MTN to come out and declare publicly that there's a winner of aeroplance still suprise me. Maybe its a scam or not is left to them.
Let us wait to see if MTN will award her the money. And I hope it's televised.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by omoobajeje1(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2012
Then MTN should please mention precisely the name of the girl school if truly there Į̸̸̨§ transparency I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their promo. author=Pearl Joy]Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by megxo(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2012
bt som hw sha, if truly dat 64mil was given 2 som1, its quite a handsome sum sha dat wud be acceptable even if its a SCAM
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by ogtavia(m): 8:56am On Nov 14, 2012
Pearl Joy: Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams
ah ahn chairman..au u take know say de guy dey fail exams because im do small mistake....na wa for u oh..
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Super1759: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2012
We have over 100,000 girls in portharcourt. Just like looking for a grain of rice in a bag of beans.
So the girl no get church?
En no get primary sch friends or secondary sch frnds?
No neighbour and street friends
Not on facebook and twitter.
The babe na ghost?

4 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Ariyke: 9:02am On Nov 14, 2012
Empty Hen full of deceit
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by dgysoft(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2012
Thank Goodness say the igbo/calabar college student win the plan before ncc placed bans on promo fake promos that disrupt network and my pinging things
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by escobar07(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2012
That plane looks like a cessna skyhawk. 64 mil will definitely get one.

1 Like

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2012
Come to think of it. I got a missed call from MTN yesterday before the winner was announced

5 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by anitank(f): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Ebube Essien Abimbola Usman grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by slimyem: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2012
Only gullible people will believe they can actually win MTN aeroplane...
I learnt long ago not to switch plans to any promo package offered by these useless networks.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by anitank(f): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2012
rafhell: Come to think of it. I got a missed call from MTN yesterday before the winner was announced
Lol!!!
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by condralbede(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2012
MTN do promo 4 brand new plane...all nah wash wash.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by moscobabs(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2012
moderatorr: In the adverts they specifically mentioned that it was a "Brand New Plane".

What do you think

ME NA CENTRAL BANK I WANT WIN!!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / Why Are Apple's iPhones More Expensive Than Most Other Smartphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.