Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,789 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] (27969 Views)

Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Shine1177: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2012
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/student-27-wins-aircraft-in-mtn-promo/130579/
[img][/img]

EMPTY HEN!!!

Until Tuesday , she was just an ordinary student. Not anymore because luck has smiled on Ms. Ebube Essien-Garricks, a 27-year-old student of College of Health Science and Technology, Rivers State, to alter her status in life. Her passport to fame was her ownership of an MTN SIM card, which enabled her to participate in a promo run by the telecoms company.

Tuesday, Essien-Garricks emerged the winner of a Cessna 182T aircraft, the star prize, in the much-talked-about MTN Ultimate Wonder promo. She emerged the winner at an elaborate and transparent draw held at the Golden Plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos head office of MTN.

She was writing an exam in her school in Port Harcourt while her name showed up in Lagos as the winner of the plane. Unknown to her as she was busy in the examination hall, MTN officials were battling to get in touch with her to break the good news. It was initially difficult reaching her as in line with examination rules, her handset was switched off. After many futile attempts, MTN officials devised another way to reach her, in a bid to prove that the process was transparent and not rigged.

They got through to her using the connection of family and friends found in her database and Facebook account.

Essien-Garricks, who was notified of her good fortune via a phone call, immediately opted for the cash value of the plane, which is N64 million. On hearing the news, she broke out in joyous shouts that surprised those around her. On hearing the source of her ecstasy, they joined her in celebrating.

“I am short of words, there is no word to describe what I feel right now; it is almost as if it is a dream but I know that nothing can be more real than what I am feeling right now. This must be the best Christmas gift ever. It is truly wonderful,” she said.

The MTN promotional draw was attended by journalists and officials of the Nigerian Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC) and the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

Addressing journalists, the Chief Marketing Officer, MTN, Mr. Larry Annetts, stated that the journey so far in getting the ultimate winner for the aeroplane, as promised by MTN, had been interesting, credible and transparent.

“When we came out with the promo, many doubted us, but today we have an ultimate winner who will go home with the promised Cessna 182T aeroplane. The take-home for us here is that MTN is committed towards enriching the lives of its consumers. When we say we will do something, you can be sure that we won’t renege on our promises. The can-do spirit is forever guiding our path in offering utmost satisfaction to our consumers and we are glad that today a Nigerian has been enriched and empowered with an aeroplane,” he stated.

Speaking on the process in selecting winners for the promo, the Assistant Director, Lagos zone of the NLRC, Mr. Obi Iriegbu, stated that it had been transparent and credible. “We started this journey together, ensuring that the consumers’ interests are protected and that the brand fulfils its promises. So far so good, it has been a credible and transparent process leading to the emergence of the ultimate winner of the aeroplane promised from the beginning of the promo,” he stated.

The MTN Ultimate Wonder promo started in August with promises of fantastic and fabulous cash prizes and an ultimate winner of an aeroplane.

MTN has so far given 1,200 people the sum of N150, 000 each, while 12 winners got N2 million each during regional cash prize presentations in Lagos, Ibadan, Onitsha, Abuja and Port Harcourt.

The presentation of the N64 million cash value of the aeroplane to the ultimate winner, however, will come up at a later date.

Last year, in commemoration of MTN’s 10 years anniversary in Nigeria, the company gave out N1 billion rewards, where 90 lucky winners went home with cash prizes of N10 million each among other mouth-watering prizes. In another campaign, early this year through the MTN Automania game, a subscription-based initiative, the company gave out 100 xi35 SUVs in a 100-day nationwide promo.

To win the ultimate prize of a Cessna 182T aircraft, subscribers were encouraged to recharge up to N3,000 within the 90 days period of the promo.

afeda: Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams

I BET YOU ARE AS STUPID AS MTN IS. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "A PORT-HARCOURT STUDENT"?

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by friedrice1: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2012
Etisalat or Glo gave out $1million to a Nigerian 2 years ago.
Why is it hard to believe that MTN can give out $400,000

What's all this hate towards MTN?

1 Like

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by lawizle(m): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2012
anitank: Ebube Essien Abimbola Usman grin grin

Wazobia tinz... grin
anitank: Ebube Essien Abimbola Usman grin grin

Wazobia tinz...
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by neyostica: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2012
Haterz gonna hate, while miss Ebube joins the ranks of millionaires.......
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Shine1177: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2012
afeda: Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams

I BET YOU ARE AS STUPID AS MTN IS. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "A PORT-HARCOURT STUDENT"?

a 27-year-old student of College of Health Science and Technology, Rivers State,
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/student-27-wins-aircraft-in-mtn-promo/130579/

Anyone know somebody in the school to confirm the authenticity of this drama?
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by forkadict(m): 11:36am On Nov 14, 2012
moscobabs:
ME NA CENTRAL BANK I WANT WIN!!!!

I love that men. Bloody bloodt creative.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Anubiri(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2012
If na juju MTN use hold me dat juju strong we'll we'll cuz no mata evrytin MTN don do me I still dey use am $ I still luv dem so much...:hahahhahahh MTN ur best connection wit no nrtwrk coverage
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by onyxo76(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2012
are we still on this promo thing? ok i accept won the aeroplane or cash equivalent, the question is- will MTN give her the 64 million just like that?i really dont think so. Glo has not sent the winners of the manchester promo 2 years after it was concluded and the winners are already frustrated.do you think its so easy to give out 64 million to an individual just like that even if you record over 2 billion daily as profit?
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Reptyle(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Fynist: Initially. They said a plane, or the equivalent of #200 million . Now it's #64 Million. How come. Do this Twerps think Naija people are Stupid. This is Corporate Yahoo, yahooo

I think you got your info mixed up here. They said load a minimum of N200 daily to qualify for the ultimate wonder promo. The star prize was a Cessna 182T 2012 model aircraft...they actually specified the kind of aircraft from the on set. They are a crappy network and all but please cut them some slack guys...
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Shenez: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Stop abusing Mtn that girl na my Ex- she called me yestarday night to follow her collect the plane. I have locate a space infront of my house to park the plane. I already have a plan, i will dupe her collect the plane and kip in ghana mustgo.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Reptyle(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2012
onyxo76: are we still on this promo thing? ok i accept won the aeroplane or cash equivalent, the question is- will MTN give her the 64 million just like that?i really dont think so. Glo has not sent the winners of the manchester promo 2 years after it was concluded and the winners are already frustrated.do you think its so easy to give out 64 million to an individual just like that even if you record over 2 billion daily as profit?

If it wasn't impossible for Etisalat to dole out 1 million USD to a subscriber during one of their promos, why do you think 64 million naira will be so hard for MTN to give out? I still do not think that amount is worth a network as big as MTN risking its reputation over.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by aniyphil: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2012
I tire for all of una wey dey send congratulatory message...shey na MTN una dey congratulate abi na the non-existent winner? Point number one...the girl's name is very strange...a mixture of Igbo-Akwa Ibom/Cross River-English. point number two...so many different pictures of the so-called winner dey fly up and down all of them different pictures. Point number three...shey na as she win aeroplane she come open facebook account? I have checked the facebook page and got info that the account was recently opened...and to add insult to all the injury...na only 4 pictures wey she snap for MTN office dey for her profile...oya now make una congratulate MTN for the poor arrangment of the SCAM...MTN...CATCHING MUGU EVERYWHERE YOU GO!
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by chidibond(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2012
Looks a complete hoax †☺ me...duh
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Nkonadi(m): 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2012

Na only uniport da port harcourt
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by bknight: 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Whom the gods will destroy they first make mad. When giants fall, its always a small stone.
Perhaps, the beginning of the end for em

undecided
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by BabaOyee: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
MTN has been deceiving people from the onset.They started with N1,500 recharge card as the smallest.They said it wasnt possible to do per second billing until glo came. They did everything possible to frustrate glo before the later devised means of installmental payment. I am not surprised at their recent aircraft promo but it is possible because they knew the govt wont do anything to save the innocent citizens.
May be their next promo will be on electric train or Boeing 737
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by adventisty: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Nigeria: Student, 27, Wins Aircraft in MTN Promo
By Adeola Akinremi, 14 November 2012