Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] (27963 Views)

Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. / Check Out How MTN Tariffs Looked Like In 2001 / Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by chinedum13(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Beetwo: we can just call it brand second new flyin coffin grin,
true talk my guy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
TheWiseGuy: Truth is, all these useless promos end up making us poorer by the day. The sooner we open our eyes and stop responding to such offers the better for us. What we need is good service quality--value for our money and not some crappy flying old craft.
Using their 5* bonus as an example;Empty hen zapped #600 for #78 that was remaining 4me 2 get my daily bonus...I ve being using Mtn the Past 5years and i am yet to win RECHARGE CARD LET ALONE PLANE.SCAM SCAM SCAM.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Lamasta(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
The first time I saw there advert that if you recharge N200 you will win a brand new aeroplane thats when I know they are scamming subscribers
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by senator2k9(m): 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
Pearl Joy: Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams
they are only tryin to broaden our curiousity
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by talktimi(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
afam4eva: Did MTN ever say it was a new aeloplane
yes they did, you can google the advert for yourself
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by ayorins(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
na so na. mtn sharp gan
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by omoobajeje1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Terms and conditions applied.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by fortyfeet(m): 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
Super1759: but seriously lets tackle this problem.
The girl is still at large and still unknown. Just the name and no trace.
We expected a wider view on this, tv,media carry the news in details
So how did a mere student suddenly open a celebrity page on facebook,15mins after announced.
An ordinary student(who dosent know what facebook is) CANNOT make it her 1st priority if truly she won such.(Such name wasn't on facebook before)
Nobody sabi the girl sef,not even in nairaland weh get over 900,000 members. How many are in naija that even a one person won't knw her.
Efcc and cpc should look into this broad day scam.
MTN may have requested her to open a facebook page if she dosen't have. But, it is not to say I believe them.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by oyeleyemaureen(m): 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
God wil punish MTN. Some1 shld say AMEN
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by flexxzzy(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

This MTN promo is 100% scam. How come nobody sabi this girl? I have many friends and family member's in UNIPORT, none of them sabi this strange girl with strange name.
Well I don't blame MTN, I blame Nigerians. Dont be surprised most of the animals trash talking MTN are all using MTN sim cards. How can you come to the internet and call MTN fraud when you are supporting their fraud by patronizing them?

Nigerians are gullible people, from the way everyone is complaining, it seems most of you were actually buying plenty recharge cards so you can win an aeroplane?

If you consider MTN as fraud and greedy network, then stop using their network. I stopped using MTN long time ago, so you dont see me complaining about MTN. Left for me that network will rot away. Anything from South Africa is rip off. Check out DSTV. I repeat, instead of complaining about MTN all the time, if you hate MTN so much please break your MTN simcard.
guy you just said wats on my mind... The recent one is this their *888* recharge style.. MTN r just too annoying
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by IYANGBALI: 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Their next promo would be RECHARGE UP TO #5000 AND BECOME THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF AMERICA OR WIN NIGERIA. These people don see us finish for Nigeria ,but I no blame dem,I blame our leaders wey dey sell us cheap to foreigners.
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by truely: 2:53am On Nov 15, 2012
moscobabs:
ME NA CENTRAL BANK I WANT WIN!!!!

LMAO....NA HIM BE SAY BANK OF AMERICA ME GO WIN BE THA NA...LOLZZZZZZZZZZ...FUCKING MTN
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by ucii(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

This MTN promo is 100% scam. How come nobody sabi this girl? I have many friends and family member's in UNIPORT, none of them sabi this strange girl with strange name.
Well I don't blame MTN, I blame Nigerians. Dont be surprised most of the animals trash talking MTN are all using MTN sim cards. How can you come to the internet and call MTN fraud when you are supporting their fraud by patronizing them?

Nigerians are gullible people, from the way everyone is complaining, it seems most of you were actually buying plenty recharge cards so you can win an aeroplane?

If you consider MTN as fraud and greedy network, then stop using their network. I stopped using MTN long time ago, so you dont see me complaining about MTN. Left for me that network will rot away. Anything from South Africa is rip off. Check out DSTV. I repeat, instead of complaining about MTN all the time, if you hate MTN so much please break your MTN simcard.
you be my kind of person,anything South Africa is a rip off.no mind Nigerians suffering and smiling
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by titus3: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2012
omoobajeje1: Then MTN should please mention precisely the name of the girl school if truly there Į̸̸̨§ transparency I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ their promo. author=Pearl Joy]Dude,MTN dindnt say a UNIPORT student,it says a Port-harcourt student. How many colleges are in PH? Thats why u keep failing exams

Pearl Joy is right. The girl is actually a student of Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology. She is studying Medical Imaging. Those who live in Port Harcourt should go to the school and confirm instead of talking rubbish!
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by emyrald91(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2012
(b)She was writing an exam in her school in Port
Harcourt while her name showed up in Lagos
as the winner of the plane. Unknown to her as
she was busy in the examination hall, MTN
officials were battling to get in touch with her
to break the good news. It was initially difficult reaching her as in line with examination rules,
her handset was switched off. After many
futile attempts, MTN officials devised another
way to reach her, in a bid to prove that the
process was transparent and not rigged. They got through to her using the connection of
family and friends found in her database and
Facebook account. Essien-Garricks, who was notified of her good
fortune via a phone call, immediately opted for
the cash value of the plane, which is N64
million. On hearing the news, she broke out in
joyous shouts that surprised those around her.
On hearing the source of her ecstasy, they joined her in celebrating.(/b)

Analysis::
1) dey wia batlin 2 reach her, for how long did dey batle??
2) dey got 2 her tru her friends and relatives, using her info frm database AND FACEBOOK. Wow, mtn nw use facbook 2 get nos of relatives. What empty brains do dey fink we hv?
3) nw her no wz switch off bcs she was writin exams, and mtn wasnt able 2 get her den d moment dey cald her suposed FAF, she was automaticaly connected, in d exam hall ooo. Her no became avail imidiately n she pik mtn's cal tru her FAF. F.uck MTN.
4) n she broke into tears, suprisin her neighbours, see am tired of comentin.

F**K MTN

1 Like

Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by samo(m): 3:55am On Nov 19, 2012
MTN's promo is a scam as far as I am concerned. Look at the banner behind the girl, did it show the MTN aeroplane promo? No it did not. It showed mobile money. For such a big event, its the aeroplane banner that should show.

Why can't MTN give that N64 million to create employment? Give N 1million to 64 youths to start up business instead of one.

Do you guys remember the MTN leadership that was advertised, the one that they invited Farrah Gray for http://www.mtnonline.com/leadership/ , MTN said they would give N30 million grants to the winners who had great business ideas. We never heard of that one again. Why didn't they place the picture of that one.

MTN na wayo dem be and if we should start tackling corruption in this country MTN should be chased out of the country because they are taking us for fools. Their network is so bad, there are times you can't even call out for as long as 3 days, their internet service is useless. I stopped using that one for over a year now and friends of mine who used it swore never to use it.

MTN a South African company is taking us as fools
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2012
Mtn is a fraudlent company
Re: How MTN Lied About The Airplane Promo[Picture] by bechex(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2012
For all the doubting Thomases, MTN will be giving out the Cash Prize of 64 Million Naira to the Winner of the Plane @ a Grand event holding @ Eko Hotel on Saturday Dec 2nd 2012

The End of Year Extravaganza Event tagged 'The Corporate Elite Nite' starts by 5pm and Nigerian Artiste perfomimg on that day will be "Wizkid, D'Banj, Ikechukwu, M.I., Tiwa Savage, Naeto C, Davido, Wande Cole and Dr Sid.

International Stars billed to perform are Mid Night Star, SOS Band and JT of Cool and the Gang.

My comment to all doubting Thomases is "Try and Hustle to get a ticket"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Phone Engineers Will Not Make Heaven Walai / What Is Special About The Infinix Hot 3 ? / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.