Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? (10981 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by greatgod2012(f): 2:49am On Nov 14, 2012
We must be good friends, i will relate with her as my friend and will try to keep her very close to me,in such a way dt she will always confide in me, dt will give me d opportunity to always advise her on several issues like, d pron and cons of dating, d type of guy he can date, sexuality, STDs, unwanted pregnancies, effect of abortion, love, lust and how to differentiate btw d 2, successful marriage, effect of abusive marriage,etc. As 4 d guy, he must be known to me, no secret love, their discussion has to be in d living room, and i will also be close to him too, in order to be able to study and know him fully. Infact, being parents is not an easy task, there is a lot of things in our hands to do, especially when we have daughter(s). We really need divine wisdom to be successful as parents. May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by quicksylva(m): 2:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Nothing.

Reason is because before she gets to that stage i must have provided for her the best of home and educational training at my disposal.

I will start teaching her sex education at an early age(10yrs old), also build that relationship of trust with her, so that she can confide in me during the period of teenage crises.

Policing her or monitoring her every movement and wanting to know her male friends will just send me to an early grave.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 14, 2012
I will buy a gun..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ..... if she brings in a dude that sag his trousers, 1 bullet go miss

if she brings in igbo smoker, anoda bullet go miss

if she brings in lousy area boy, anoda bullet go miss

Jokes apart, if you train your daughter really well, there is nothing to worry about..... Sex education, sound religious doctrines, sharing life experiences with her, discipline, living by example, all go hand in hand.

Above all, compliment your daughter and tell her how wonderful she looks.... If you have male kids, let them make it a duty to compliment their sister too.....

As a parent, you want to give your kids confidence. It makes them seek the best and enables them make the right choice.......

If she starts to date, relax and drink your beer.... grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by baby124: 3:33am On Nov 14, 2012
Let her and guide her. Besides who knows what the dating habit will be that time? God save us o.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ashdre: 4:36am On Nov 14, 2012
Ndoz: I ll play my part as a father,i ll only advice her so she won't make mistakes but on one condition,if she is up to 21yrs
. After her first baby.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by valencia25(m): 5:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Sagamite: This is what I would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRiT3ISEN3M&list

Will smith is crazy grin grin grin
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:15am On Nov 14, 2012
Proverbs 22:6 says it all for me, so I won't have to panic or worry about it when she eventually clocks the age of going out with someone or courting.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:18am On Nov 14, 2012
greatgod2012: We must be good friends, i will relate with her as my friend and will try to keep her very close to me,in such a way dt she will always confide in me, dt will give me d opportunity to always advise her on several issues like, d pron and cons of dating, d type of guy he can date, sexuality, STDs, unwanted pregnancies, effect of abortion, love, lust and how to differentiate btw d 2, successful marriage, effect of abusive marriage,etc. As 4 d guy, he must be known to me, no secret love, their discussion has to be in d living room, and i will also be close to him too, in order to be able to study and know him fully. Infact, being parents is not an easy task, there is a lot of things in our hands to do, especially when we have daughter(s). We really need divine wisdom to be successful as parents. May God help us all.

Hmmmmmmm. You just nailed it. I believe this is coming from a good mother, let everybody copy from this. Cheers cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:22am On Nov 14, 2012
acidosis™:
This is exactly what I'll do..

Funny you Acidosis, Have you had any experience of such yourself with any of your GF's ? I can bet my Nairaland moniker on it, you haven't. grin grin grin
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:25am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:
When my parents found out some years later that I had started havin sex, now that was a whole different ball game lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ghettodreamz(m): 5:26am On Nov 14, 2012
ekt_bear: this is why i hope i only have sons

Selfish hope... So your sons would be free of doing anything with other people's female children right?
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by jamale: 6:10am On Nov 14, 2012
I listened 2 Nas's 'daughters',av bin gud cos i know wat goes around comes around.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by chucky234(m): 6:14am On Nov 14, 2012
sleekdot: As long as she has graduated top of her class in an ivy league school no problem.

The guy. I would ask for his Police clearance, drug test, Blood test, HIV result, hair follicle test, Breath test, IQ test, His SAT scores, GRE scores, current GPA, Statement of Purpose, His career goals, His current Bank account, His projected Bank account in 5, 10, 40 yrs and how he hopes to get there, Whom his parents are and why he feels he needs to date my own daughter of all people considering the risk it involves knowing that I have a hunting license

We would now watch the movie of How Samuel Doe was killed and ask him if he can recognize the younger version of me in the video
If the boy turn out to be of those numerous agberos in Queens,NY where will he get SAT,GRE scores and GPA statement let alone police clearance.
Hmmm you are in for a lonnnngggg thing
LMAO
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by jamale: 6:19am On Nov 14, 2012
I listened 2 nas's 'daughters',what goes around comes around and i hav bin gud.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by chucky234(m): 6:21am On Nov 14, 2012
My daughter is only 3yrs,she will start dating at age 21 and that's 18yrs away from now,that's more than enough time for me to figure out what to do.
Why start worrying about it in 2012 when my little angel is only 3
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 14, 2012
chucky234: My daughter is only 3yrs,she will start dating at age 21 and that's 18yrs away from now,that's more than enough time for me to figure out what to do.
Why start worrying about it in 2012 when my little angel is only 3

Lol...,,we all say that but you know you're joking right ? grin
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by adewasco2k(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2012
baby_123: Let her and guide her. Besides who knows what the dating habit will be that time? God save us o.

Seriously that's a worrying one! In the next 15yrs you can imagine how dating will look like...just a flash back to the past years compared with now....a lot of changes....may God help us.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by richfaxy: 6:43am On Nov 14, 2012
Train up a child in the way he should grow and when he grows old he will never depart from it.
I ll simply educate he on the pros and cons of dtaing, things like STDs, Unwanted pregnancies, heart break etc, will also be friends with her, that way she will be free to tell you all that is happening in her lives and even show you her friends (dates) show me your friend and i will tell you who you are. When you see the boy, you can have a man to man talk with him, from there you can know his motives
But the truth is that you can never police them about, otherwise you will send yourself to an early grave. Just do your part and leave the rest to God.
If you look back at ur peers who had very strict folks as regards dating, how did most of them turn up? most of the ones i noticed were very loose, the moment they had their freedom esp in the universities.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 14, 2012
OP first I need to meet his parents and be very very sure they have a clean criminal record/ child abuse registry check grin and then I can keep track of her movement , so if she's not home I know she's over there and safe.

Also thank God for 'find my iPhone' , I always track her location but I will not abuse it do she will still trust me I'm not spying on her, daughters hate that.

I will just have to trust her which I really do.....so far I'm doing a good job smiley
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by dnawah(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2012
Ryda: A man asks, “I know you’re crazy about that little daughter of yours, Steve. What are you going to do when she starts to date?”

The father replied, “I imagine that I’ll take the first young man aside, put my arm around his shoulder, and pull him close to me so that only he can hear.

Then I’ll tell him, “Do you see that sweet, littleyoung lady? She’s my only daughter, and I love her very much.

If you were thinking about touching, kissing,or being physically affectionate to her in any way ...
just remember ...

I don’t mind going back to prison.

do u agree with him?
dating is in the hands of ur girl and u cant stop it,but if u train ur girl d way she should go(God's way)she will never depart 4rm it.i wonder wat will happen if u go to jail,she go even 4get u and baby go chop na!
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Xano(m): 6:51am On Nov 14, 2012
hmm...a guy has to ask. Before then, there will be years leading to the day. Until then, there will be alot of days, weeks and months my daughter will learn from i and my wife, the God's way.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by bigx(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2012
My wife would talk to her, they'd know what to talk about.
Meanwhile, I doubt anyone would know when they start dating.
I used to change girlfriends like underwear late secondary school and early uni and my parents felt I was a virgin saint till..... Oya too much info, you guys can continue
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by emmke(m): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2012
Daddies love their daughters too much. I'd just tell her to be careful. And will definitely educate her on the dangers of early unprotected sex.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by chucky234(m): 6:59am On Nov 14, 2012
jidegirl12:

Lol...,,we all say that but you know you're joking right ? grin
Honey I won't allow that bothers me until she is of dating age,I'll put on my thinking cap when the time is right.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 14, 2012
Go back to dating your spouse so that you wont be left out.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Bamsdayo(m): 7:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Francuiz: . Lol .Guy u are harsh. But finaly you ar nt going to marry her are u?
quit
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 14, 2012
chucky234: Honey I won't allow that bothers me until she is of dating age,I'll put on my thinking cap when the time is right.

Oops sorry I actually just saw you're a man....it's very sensitive to talk about daddy's princesses with boys lipsrsealed yeah worry bout it when she's 21 grin
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by Kaleni(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12: Lol I remember when I brought a boyfriend home 4 the first time. I was 14 n he was 15. My dad embraced him n then took him to the storage in our backyard, my dad keeps his gun collections in that storage. So of course, my dad shows him the guns n tells him to chose his favorite one. He chose a medium sized gun n my dad was like if he ever touches his little girl inappropiately, then he will use it n shoot him down. Lol of course my bf was freakin scared to touch me n I was scared to let him touch me cus I dint want my dad 2 shoot him. But it worked tho, cus we didnt kiss 4 like 2 weeks cus we were scared. grin

When my parents found out some years later that I had started havin sex, now that was a whole different ball game lol
Nawah u hav been exposed to sexuallly abuse at ur tender age, I'm thinking how ur sex excapade will be now..
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by proudlyigbo: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2012
Sorryoooh! I only ve boizz
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by ocelot2006(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2012
I'll buy a gun.
Re: What Will You Do When Your Daughter Starts To Date? by hagma37yahoocom: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2012
o boy who can go near malia and sasha till obama finish him nxt tenure i no sure say malia fit get intimate friend obama a very strick and open minded man my guy nobody would even try doin it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? / What's The Other Side Of This Coin? / Smart Tvs Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.