Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ (9829 Views)

Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by obixcel(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
AMvanquish: Common meeting in my office, it is a taboo to for the phone to ring, not talk about answering call sef,talkless of FEC meeting. Meeting that is suppoze to be of National issues. Smh seriously
Yes i agree, no phone calls during meeting in the Presidency. Measures should be taken to enforce this rule.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by tosrich(m): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
The President will soon set up another COMMITTEE to look into it, should there be violator....to be headed by one of the OPPOSITION LEADER.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Anyi3(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
How does this affect the price of leftover garri in Mama Sikira's buka tomorrow.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by banki(m): 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
its funny that this is making news shows you that the presidency is a huge joke.... they even send circulars around and someone would still come to this place and tell you have GEJ and his team are the best thing to happen to nigeria.

Even in my little office we have unwritten rules

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Walphem(m): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
olanmuis:

Shows the level of disrespect our President is getting! (sighing)

How did we as a nation, degenerate this bad? Presidents should have the aura and posture that commands a near reference composure, I should think! A disrespect to a nations leadership directly or indirectly, is a slap on that nation? It is strange that, it is at this point that decorum is now being declared? Bet it, if I am president, I will not issue this circular, I would just use a few as escape goat. I will through SSS get the details of their conversation and any that is a deviation from "official clarification" of issues required during such meetings will be sanctioned heavily. Just one instance is enough to put non-conformer in order!

A leader needs guts and assertiveness in our part of the world.

such a brillant guy! u perfectly read my mind
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by kinguwem: 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
I'm not surprised at the attitude of the ministers. They are highly indisciplined and corrupt. Most of them are unproductive and are in Abuja to earn a living.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Any wonder Orasanye boldly looked Mr President in the eye before making the following remark: “When Mr. President gave the directive that the report be submitted today, we should have been man enough to say, it is not feasible." grin
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Walphem(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
Hayjaycity: The nigerian populace are complaining of high rate of unemployment, economic hardship and corruption, he is talking of switching off fonez during meeting, does that makes any difference?...will that solve the myriads of problems nigeria is facing now, and this post is even making the front page?..I think the front page should be made of post that are more beneficial and enlightening to the readers
u have never attended a high-profile meeting before, where make or mar decisions are made
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by owobokiri(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
A clumsy president will always attract disrespect. The head of service sitting in front of the president replied "so what" when told that the president wants urgent committee report submitted quickly and now ministers text their girlfriends all over Abuja while having FEC meetings. It makes you wonder what happens when they attack those ministerial allocations in the comfort of their corrupt offices. GEJ is a docile character. Nobody worries about his opinion.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by SELFWORTH: 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Alien nation. Federal republic of Shambles .

Do they need to be told before they know. This is basic stuff.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
hia!
jonathana sef!
so this had to be made public.

dem no bone workers well to answer phone for our ordinary monday meetings.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
...Just as a vast majority of Nigerians hereon( nairaland) just do not respect the office of the president and are quick to attack the person of the President...the members of the FEC just mirror the psyche of these dimwitted fellows...must this be in the news for popular consumption?...I am yet to decide which is more disgusting..the fact that members of the FEC in the presence of the president will dare make and receive calls/ bring in personal effect as mobile phones or it not sealed up...what happens in vegas never remains in vegas nowadays, I guess.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by sizzlers(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
What an insolence! Answering call in front of the chief commander. 9ja i de hail oo! Na from up d tin start.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by sizzlers(m): 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
What an insolence! Answering call in front of the chief commander. 9ja i de hail oo! Na from up d tin start...
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
I didnt bother to read d content of d thread, i luv dis move from president, dat is a nice move i support dis motion if only dey will abide on it, for Arist chris t sake our president should be respected for once no matter d Age becos dey voted put him there to rule and mislead nigeria to their own, thank u i rest my case, God save my country, i luv naija so much much but our govt are makin life difficult for we naija dat knows wat am saying
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by thirdeye(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
What! This is madness, I don't pick calls atimes while having meeting with some clients. Now we are talking of the President if this is true I blame GEJ for this despite being one of his staunchiest supporters, being humble shouldn't make you stupid., haba
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by saintneo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
amaham: Guess de presido don't want a cell-phone detonated IED to burst open his clueless skull
rubbish talk
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by irich21(m): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
The act of makin or receivin calls, textin, pingin, whatsappin or even 2goin while the president is there is a clear act of insubordination in the part of the minister(s), should any of the minister have a more pressin issue other than being there, he should resign his appointment to go and sort it out. If any of them be found wanting after the warnin, he or she should face the music.
What an insult, can they do that to Obama? It's a clear lack of respect to office of the presidency.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Akiika: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
Seriously, i've heard GEJ speak...anybody'll really take any slightest opportunity to engage in something else rather than continue listening to him....i'm sure it's the same with the rest of the FEC team. They've got no ideas except ways to feed fat on our money.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by jimino(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Dis goes 2 show hw unserious does government officials takes nigeria 2 b. All dat concern dem is hw 2 loot.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by SELFWORTH: 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
thirdeye: What! This is madness, I don't pick calls atimes while having meeting with some clients. Now we are talking of the President if this is true I blame GEJ for this despite being one of his staunchiest supporters, being humble shouldn't make you stupid., haba

Its interesting that lots of people continue to criticise him for his personality and character even though they have never met him. its has nothing to do with that. It's about how you carry yourself. You don't have to be Sadam Hussein or Abacha who led with fear by killing to command respect.

You need to carry your team with you .

It's about being Fair and Firm at all times. People will trust and respect you for you style of leadership .
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by IYANGBALI: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Do they even need to be told?are they kids?there are some things that should be known naturally without being told,the use of telephone in some places is one of them.AWON ONIRANU AGBA IYA. Let them try it with me when I become the president .
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by BuBBle1(f): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
What sort of text or call will these pple be making when they are with a whole Presido, despite the fact they are in a meeting.JUST WONDERING undecided
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Kewt: 12:12am On Nov 15, 2012
If this has truly been going on in FEC meetings presided by GEJ and he only waited this long before taking a decisive step as this, then I don’t blame those that label him as clueless and weak.

If this is indeed true, then I am not surprised that Nigeria is in this condition.

I am sorry but to put it mildly, Mr. President is docile, ball-less, spineless, slowpoke, weak, soft-willed, slow and clueless!

No disrespect meant to the office of the president.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by dabrake(m): 12:17am On Nov 15, 2012
I don't even handle my phone when holding a family discussion with my mum.
What audacity, effrontery and temerity?
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by nex(m): 12:37am On Nov 15, 2012
It is very sad to learn that previously, these Ministers bring their phones switched on, to meetings with the President, and when their phones ring, they even go further to pick up the calls, and carry on with phone discussion during FEC meetings...with the President. It is not done anywhere. Jonathan is the President that will lead the country to destruction.

No wonder the other day, Steven Orosanye could tell him "So what?" to the President's own face. We're living in shame as a nation. How dare anyone bring a phone to a meeting, and go ahead to pick a call when it rings, let alone, when in a meeting with the President! Hmmm!
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by kala111: 1:02am On Nov 15, 2012
No wonder all those girls for 2go room D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do shakara when all agbaya ministers busy toasting them.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Lenny5000(m): 1:53am On Nov 15, 2012
If they have to tell grown ups to put out their phones in such meetings, if they have to tell grown ups to respect their president then.......
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Elise1: 2:25am On Nov 15, 2012
Good move but this is an in house issue and should not be for the public view. Abi we dey attend the meeting too?.
Every serious persons should understand that a meeting of that level requires absolute silence and concentration.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by browncool(m): 2:45am On Nov 15, 2012
olanmuis:

Shows the level of disrespect our President is getting! (sighing)

How did we as a nation, degenerate this bad? Presidents should have the aura and posture that commands a near reference composure, I should think! A disrespect to a nations leadership directly or indirectly, is a slap on that nation? It is strange that, it is at this point that decorum is now being declared? Bet it, if I am president, I will not issue this circular, I would just use a few as escape goat. I will through SSS get the details of their conversation and any that is a deviation from "official clarification" of issues required during such meetings will be sanctioned heavily. Just one instance is enough to put non-conformer in order!

A leader needs guts and assertiveness in our part of the world.

You have spoken nicely, and you absolutely read my mind
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by dayokanu(m): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2012
Obviously nothing important is being discussed at the meeting
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by kabiesy: 4:00am On Nov 15, 2012
Very slow in acting at this time still demanding for that lo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will You Be Proud to fly Nigerian Colour Today / Niger Warns Of Flooding In Benin, Nigeria / PDP Plans To Induce Observers, INEC And Security Officials - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.