Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback (12318 Views)

Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari / Move To Impeach Fayose Suffers Setback / Buhari’s Eligibility Suit Suffers Setback, Adjourned To April 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: Gbawe, without personalizing issues lets be very frank, you should agree that Manitoba's contract was nou done in an open bidding like the DISCOs, OBJ didnt follow due process to get that contract, it is why Yaradua kept the contract inactive, and even the amount involved in that contract is ridiculous. So we need to conduct an open bidding and get this right. Sentiments and dislike of GEJ should not stand between us and truth. OBJ and Co; need to tell Nigerians why they insisted on Monitoba. We are now aware, and we will not let those old corrupt politicians use tribal sentiments to blind us from realism. Nigeria belongs to us all and not the few disgruntled Soldiers-turned-politicians and their surrogates. Gbawe, I am right. Congratulate me.

Sharrap liar !!! You are right where? You only deserve lashes from a 'koboko' for trying to palm off lies here you want to use to get your messiah off the hook for processes his Government fully supervised - much like how GEJ and Allison-Madueke are playing 'innocentee' over the fuel subsidy scam that happened .under them. Perhaps you think everyone is ignorant like the fool who spoke senselessly based on your lie. Look above to my last post to see I have exposed your lie. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The latest contract between Manitoba and the FG was signed last July under GEJ and supervised by the Bureau of Public enterprises (BPE). GEJ re-engaged Manitoba after Yar Adua had stalled the process. If "due process" was not followed, do not try and shift blame falsely to OBJ for the actions of GEJ's Government. The more ignoramuses like you come here to tell desperate lies in an attempt at 'damage limitation' for a corrupt President, the more GEJ is exposed for his fraudulent action - and you for your dishonesty and deceit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by simplemach(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
no even understand una self
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by rusher14: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
COMPAQ: Why am I not surprised! Get is grossly incompetent. How has due process suddenly not been followed! A process that just ended a few months ago and was celebrated in the media! So what went wrong? I really don't understand this country! When are we going to consistently move forward? We take one step forward and 2 back,

I beg your pardon, what steps have we taken forward?
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by miqos02(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: All the DISCOS we selected in an open bid, but Manitoba Canada's contract was signed under OBJ regime without due process, and no open bidding. If we must get it right, we have to be transparent, and we must do it right and not let vested interest of past administrations blind our sense of judgement. We need an open bid process to appoint the best firm to handle this job, if Manitoba wins in an open bidding then so be it.
so the president is just seeing this months after manitoba has been awarded the contract.let them tell another lie
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
COMPAQ: Why am I not surprised! Get is grossly incompetent. How has due process suddenly not been followed![b] A process that just ended a few months ago and was celebrated in the media! [/b]So what went wrong? I really don't understand this country! When are we going to consistently move forward? We take one step forward and 2 back,

@ The Bolded! You are confusing DISCOs with TCN, you need to pay more attention to details before you sound a conviction.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
miqos02: so the president is just seeing this months after manitoba has been awarded the contract.let them tell another lie
The process was started during OBJ regime, please get your facts right.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: @ The Bolded! You are confusing DISCOs with TCN, you need to pay more attention to details before you sound a conviction.

You are the one who is confused and a liar to boot. I really don't know why it is ignorant folks like you and your pal Duality who are always the most likely to attack others and/or talk condescendingly to them.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by 360command: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
I support the move by the govt but i do hope it turns out positive for Nigerians. Let us face it, Nigeria and africans keeps selling or contracting to foreigners. let us fight and collect what we have sold or contracted from the foreigners and provide a means on how we can handle it by ourselves. I still believe that if we remain united and we kick indiscipline out of Nigeria/ Africa , we will solve our problems and no foreigner will solve it for us.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
360command: I support the move by the govt but i do hope it turns out positive for Nigerians. Let us face it, Nigeria and africans keeps selling or contracting to foreigners. let us fight and collect what we have sold or contracted from the foreigners and provide a means on how we can handle it by ourselves. I still believe that if we remain united and we kick indiscipline out of Nigeria/ Africa , we will solve our problems and no foreigner will solve it for us.

This is idealistic however the reality is no nation has ever grown to its pinnacle without foreign investment. Nigeria lacks the mentality, lacks the experience and political will to start such a simple project from Start-Finish without experienced foreigners. Show me one sustainable infrastructure project today that is wholly Nigerian - just one
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: The process was started during OBJ regime, please get your facts right.

You are simply shameless. You should be apologising for your lie below because the current contract engaging Manitoba has nothing to do with OBJ as you falsely assert:

Billyonaire: All the DISCOS we selected in an open bid, but Manitoba Canada's contract was signed under OBJ regime without due process, and no open bidding. If we must get it right, we have to be transparent, and we must do it right and not let vested interest of past administrations blind our sense of judgement. We need an open bid process to appoint the best firm to handle this job, if Manitoba wins in an open bidding then so be it.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211140262.html

Nigeria: Power Privatisation - President Cancels Manitoba Contract
BY IJEOMA NWOGWUGWU, 14 NOVEMBER 2012

In a move aimed at ensuring that due process is followed, President Goodluck Jonathan Tuesday cancelled the $23.72 million management contract for the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), a critical component of the power reform and privatisation programme.

The president, THISDAY learnt last night, cancelled the contract that was awarded to Canadian firm, Manitoba Hydro International, which had been selected by the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) to run TCN for three years, with the option to extend for another two years.

Manitoba had signed the $23.7 million management contract with the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) last July, following a long drawn out process that lasted more than five years, in which the Canadian firm and Power Grid of India had their technical and financial proposals evaluated to determine which of the companies would be selected as management contractor.

The selection process for a management contractor was started under the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, but was stalled by his successor, the late President Umaru Yar'Adua, who rolled back the power sector reform and privatisation programme.

However, when Jonathan took over in 2010 and launched the Power Sector Road Map that same year, the Federal Government directed the BPE to continue with the process from where it had been stopped, rather than re-advertising for prospective companies to express interest all over.

The decision was based on the fact that the government was eager to jump-start the power privatisation process without the bureaucratic red tape.

But presidency sources said the president based his decision to cancel the contract on a memo sent by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), which for several weeks, had been pushing for its cancellation on the premise that did it not pass through due process as provided under the Public Procurement Act.

The Director General of the BPP, Emeka Eze, THISDAY learnt, was said to have kicked against the appointment of Manitoba because a few material irregularities had been noticed in the process that led to the company's selection.

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by duality(m): 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbawe:

The likes of you ,despite never contributing anything intelligent here, like personalising issues to distractingly make things about your fellow posters. That is why you can foolishly assume I do not "comprehend" issues whereas it is the you and the ignorant poster you quote ,who always speaks incorrectly to defend GEJ blindly, who lack comprehension.

The Manitoba contract was not "signed" under GEJ "without due process" as Billionaire lied. Before you should quote him in future, know that he is a shameless and unrepentant liar who turns to falsehood to defend every action of GEJ. Anyway simply wait and see how things turn out. In the meantime enjoy the lies of Billionaire, that you speak based on, being exposed below. The Manitoba contract, even as the groundwork began under OBJ, was formally signed under GEJ last July. It is no surprise a deceitful President is supported by desperate lying hacks like Billionaire who come here to deceive others with arrant lies. You and your lying pal can clear off.

Gbawe, is it wrong to backtrack when the possess is faulty? I think its most reasonable to do so. Have you asked for the reasons Late Yaradua stalled the process? He most likely would have done the same. Besides, if these issues are not dealt with. you'd be the one to complain, query and react harshly when problems arise.

Gbawe, please don't leverage on the naivety of folks here. We as Nigerians must learn to do things right. I can put my money on the fact that you know absolutely nothing on how the Manitoba deal was brokered. come-on....
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbawe:

You are the one who is confused and a liar to boot. I really don't know why it is ignorant folks like you and your pal Duality who are always the most likely to attack others and/or talk condescendingly to them.

I regret the fact that you are a Nigerian, I can say you hate the color of your skin. Why on earth will any right thinking Nigerian applaud handiwork of white-man than his fellow blacks, why do you clamor so much for a Canadian company ? If you say that BPE under GEJ signed the contract with Manitoba, what makes you think that same GEJ doesnt have a better plan on ground ? After all you say the contract was applauded. You are just one person that needs to get your loyalty and DNA rechecked again and again. I am sorry to say, you are not a patriotic African, you are a sellout. An covet rogue agent of the white men. You love Canada, America and Europe more than you love us. Its a fat shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
duality:

Gbawe, is it wrong to backtrack when the possess is faulty? I think its most reasonable to do so. Have you asked for the reasons Late Yaradua stalled the process? He most likely would have done the same. Besides, if these issues are not dealt with. you'd be the one to complain, query and react harshly when problems arise.

Gbawe, please don't leverage on the naivety of folks here. We as Nigerians must learn to do things right. I can put my money on the fact that you know absolutely nothing on how the Manitoba deal was brokered. come-on....

Naive folks know where to hangout on Nairaland. pray-tell, how was the deal brokered and what were the irregularities noticed.. or is it Confidential Info not accessible through the FOI Act.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by barikay: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
Why has d company not come out to tell us that they followed due process?
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
duality:

Please shut up !!! Why are you and others so dishonest? When caught out you are then runnning from pillar to post instead of showing character and simply admitting you spoke out of turn. Can you not read? Is it not clear to you that the GEJ Government that took the decision to re-engaged Manitoba rather than restart the process of screening interested companies all over again?

I am simply tired of the dishonesty of some of you. You are like your 419 leaders who turn to double-speak when exposed. The BPE, under GEJ's directive, was comfortable to re-engage Manitoba without any desire to screen others. We would assume the BPE stuck to its professional brief in doing a decent job to harsh out the contract signed with Manitoba. What is therefore the pedantic 'due process' argument folks like you are now supporting Naively? Should we all, like you, blindly support every action of Government without even using logic?

However, when Jonathan took over in 2010 and launched the Power Sector Road Map that same year, the Federal Government directed the BPE to continue with the process from where it had been stopped, rather than re-advertising for prospective companies to express interest all over.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Honestly, this is the beginning of the failure of the power sector road map. No wonder Nnaji quietly left this hopeless administration. How can you ignore the likes of EDF, Siemens, GE, NPower, CECC, British Gas, National Grid, etc for LOCAL CHAMPIONS like Atiku, Emeka Ofor, IBB, Abdusalam Abubakar, Otedola, Tinubu, etc? God you really hate the average Nigerian otherwise why haven't you answered my prayer?

GEJ you will regret your failure.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
Tusky44: Honestly, this is the beginning of the failure of the power sector road map. No wonder Nnaji quietly left this hopeless administration. How can you ignore the likes of EDF, Siemens, GE, NPower, CECC, British Gas, National Grid, etc for LOCAL CHAMPIONS like Atiku, Emeka Ofor, IBB, Abdusalam Abubakar, Otedola, Tinubu, etc? God you really hate the average Nigerian otherwise why haven't you answered my prayer?

GEJ you will regret your failure.

You have said it all

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Naive folks know where to hangout on Nairaland. pray-tell, how was the deal brokered and what were the irregularities noticed.. or is it Confidential Info not accessible through the FOI Act.

Thank you. For those not into self-deceit, it is very obvious this is simply a cynical move , after GEJ has come under pressure, to favour cronies of government. It is the age old formula of conceding Juicy assets/processes to 'pals' or fronts of government.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire:

I regret the fact that you are a Nigerian, I can say you hate the color of your skin. Why on earth will any right thinking Nigerian applaud handiwork of white-man than his fellow blacks, why do you clamor so much for a Canadian company ? If you say that BPE under GEJ signed the contract with Manitoba, what makes you think that same GEJ doesnt have a better plan on ground ? After all you say the contract was applauded. You are just one person that needs to get your loyalty and DNA rechecked again and again. I am sorry to say, you are not a patriotic African, you are a sellout. An covet rogue agent of the white men. You love Canada, America and Europe more than you love us. Its a fat shame.

Here we go again. You simply have no shame. So it is easier for you to try and turn this into a race issue rather than apologise for telling lies and attempting to deceive others? The part in bold just shows that you are a stark raving lunatic.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by wesley80(m): 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
The selection process for a management contractor was started under the administration of former President OlusegunObasanjo in 2007, but was stalled by his successor, the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, who rolled back the power sector reform and privatisation programme.
However, when Jonathan took over in 2010 and launched the Power Sector Road Map that same year, the Federal Government directed the BPE to continue with the process from where it had been stopped, rather than re-advertising forprospective companies to express interest all over.
The decision was based on the fact that the government was eager to jump-start the power privatisation process without the bureaucratic red tape.
But presidency sources said the president based his decision to cancel the contract on a memo sent by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), which for several weeks, had been pushing for its cancellation on the premise that did it not pass through due process as provided under the Public ProcurementAct.
The Director General of the BPP, Emeka Eze, THISDAY learnt, was said to have kicked against the appointment of Manitoba because a few MATERIAL irregularities had been noticed in the process that led to the company's selection.
“It is better to correct these irregularities now to save the future of the management contract, than to have one that could run into hitches. Moreover, a stitch in time, saves nine,” said one official with the presidency.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/power-privatisation-president-cancels-manitoba-contract/130580/

Whatever happened to reasonable and constructive criticisms? PDP this GEJ that while the core issues are totally ignored - and that's someone's definition of Nation building. SMH.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by duality(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Please shut up !!! Why are you and others so dishonest? When caught out you are then runnning from pillar to post instead of showing character and simply admitting you spoke out of turn. Can you not read? Is it not clear to you that the GEJ Government that took the decision to re-engaged Manitoba rather than restart the process of screening interested companies all over again?

I am simply tired of the dishonesty of some of you. You are like your 419 leaders who turn to double-speak when exposed. The BPE, under GEJ's directive, was comfortable to re-engage Manitoba without any desire to screen others. We would assume the BPE stuck to its professional brief in doing a decent job to harsh out the contract signed with Manitoba. What is therefore the pedantic 'due process' argument folks like you are now supporting Naively? Should we all, like you, blindly support every action of Government without even using logic?

I'm sorry I can't help you. your obsession for this Canadian company is rather unfortunate. You just don't seem to understand that their are vested interest in the Manitoba deal. Its Painful but we must get it right.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by WENGERNOMICS(m): 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
duality:

GBAM!!

this seems to much for Gbawe to comprehend.

So you prefer to go back to square 1......which will take another 5 years abi.....same reason he let the best energy management brain in Nigeria to go because na Jonathan and FG holy pass....I don't buy that.....serious vested interests don't want this issue of light sorted......and Jonathan knows......he just does not have d character or political will to stand for something. Due process my foot. has he sorted d scandal with the Ribadu report.....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Wallie(m): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
If due process was not followed, how come the contract is only being canceled now? How many days are needed to cancel a contract? Why delay knowing fully well that this aspect of the contract is important to the performance of the distribution companies?

This is the EXACT reason foreign investors are afraid of multi-year contracts in Nigeria! You can never be certain what the next administration will do. One minute, you're smiling and executing your contract; the next minute you're being thrown out of the country naked! Do you have any idea how much money will be lost to this canceled contract?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Bezed(m): 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
i wonder what GEj and His co wants to do to the power sector , first it was Bath's departure now its this one.. Common this firm does pretty well in other african country, where is this due process thing emanating from

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Gbawe: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
duality:

I'm sorry I can't help you. your obsession for this Canadian company is rather unfortunate. You just don't seem to understand that their are vested interest in the Manitoba deal. Its Painful but we must get it right.

You can wriggle around in dishonesty all you want. It is clear the FG willingly decided to re-engage Manitoba , as a measure of a belief in the company's competence and capability, instead of re-advertising to enable interested companies to submit bids. Insinuating "vested interest" simply means you do not see the logical permutation of how the FG is guilty by default because it chose Manitoba when it had the total freedom to initiate an expanded process that may have produced a different company. We will see what happens from here on.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Iolo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
Billyonaire: In a move aimed at ensuring that due process is followed, President Goodluck Jonathan Tuesday cancelled the $23.72 million management contract for the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), a critical component of the power reform and privatisation programme.

The president, THISDAY learnt last night, cancelled the contract that was awarded to Canadian firm, Manitoba Hydro International, which had been selected by the National Council on Privatisation (NCP) to run TCN for three years, with the option to extend for another two years.

Manitoba had signed the $23.7 million management contract with the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) last July, following a long drawn out process that lasted more than five years, in which the Canadian firm and Power Grid of India had their technical and financial proposals evaluated to determine which of the companies would be selected as management contractor.

The selection process for a management contractor was started under the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, [/b]but was stalled by his successor, the late President Umaru Yar'Adua, who rolled back the power sector reform and privatisation programme.

But presidency sources said the president based his decision to cancel the contract on a memo sent by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), which for several weeks, had been pushing for its cancellation on the premise that did it not pass through due process as provided under the Public Procurement Act.

The Director General of the BPP, Emeka Eze, THISDAY learnt, was said to have kicked against the appointment of Manitoba because a few material irregularities had been noticed in the process that led to the company's selection.

I think reading this post should be enough.

GEJ is trying to ensure that there are no doubts as to the transparency behind the govts power reforms. My own is for them to quickly sort this out so there's no loophole in the whole equation.

And for those crying foul, Manitoba was only to manage the TCN for a number of years for a fee.

Am sure some phcn workers would be popping bottles right now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by duality(m): 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
WENGERNOMICS:

So you prefer to go back to square 1......which will take another 5 years abi.....same reason he let the best energy management brain in Nigeria to go because na Jonathan and FG holy pass....I don't buy that.....serious vested interests don't want this issue of light sorted......and Jonathan knows......he just does not have d character or political will to stand for something. Due process my foot. has he sorted d scandal with the Ribadu report.....

bros, forget about that Ribadu report. that is not the issue being discussed. besides If i were your boss and i gave you a job to do stating the terms and you spend so much time, return with an inconclusive report and leak the report before presenting it. I'll tear the report in your face for gross incompetence.

but that is not the issue here.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by Iolo(m): 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
But seriously GEJ's excessive due process holiness is becoming overbearing these days. He lost the best Power Minister Nigeria has ever had due to "due process" and conflict of interest blab. And now Manitoba contract revoked.

How can we be sure that the vested interests didn't pressure BPE to say the contract was without due process? Were they not the ones that signed off on the deal in the first place?

GEJ should seriously look to make things work. Nigerians don't care how he does it.
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by WENGERNOMICS(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Sharrap liar !!! You are right where? You only deserve lashes from a 'koboko' for trying to palm off lies here you want to use to get your messiah off the hook for processes his Government fully supervised - much like how GEJ and Allison-Madueke are playing 'innocentee' over the fuel subsidy scam that happened .under them. Perhaps you think everyone is ignorant like the fool who spoke senselessly based on your lie. Look above to my last post to see I have exposed your lie. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The latest contract between Manitoba and the FG was signed last July under GEJ and supervised by the Bureau of Public enterprises (BPE). GEJ re-engaged Manitoba after Yar Adua had stalled the process. If "due process" was not followed, do not try and shift blame falsely to OBJ for the actions of GEJ's Government. The more ignoramuses like you come here to tell desperate lies in an attempt at 'damage limitation' for a corrupt President, the more GEJ is exposed for his fraudulent action - and you for your dishonesty and deceit.

But seriously Gbawe......why are Nigerians like this......GEJ approved BPE to go on and appoint Manitoba.....and then suddenly......towards d tail end......they realize due process was not followed......and so u set back d entire process ......back to square 1.......and some annoying nigerians will still be defending such rubbish openly.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by duality(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
Iolo:

I think reading this post should be enough.

GEJ is trying to ensure that there are no doubts as to the transparency behind the govts power reforms. My own is for them to quickly sort this out so there's no loophole in the whole equation.

And for those crying foul, Manitoba was only to manage the TCN for a number of years for a fee.

Touché wink
Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by jmaine: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
Iolo: But seriously GEJ's excessive due process holiness is becoming overbearing these days. He lost the best Power Minister Nigeria has ever had due to "due process" and conflict of interest blab. And now Manitoba contract revoked.

How can we be sure that the vested interests didn't pressure BPE to say the contract was without due process? Were they not the ones that signed off on the deal in the first place?

GEJ should seriously look to make things work. Nigerians don't care how he does it.

I believe if the process was adjudged to be faulty . .then it's pertinent for the FG to address such flaws.And if cancelling the said contract will yield that, then so be it . .

We have hawks and scavengers who scurry for anything to weep about . .If this flaw is left to stand . .it might just be a fodder in the hands of those snitches to dwell on . . .

Better late than Never . .We need to strive to do things right

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Scraps Canada Power Contract In Privatisation Setback by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
duality:

bros, forget about that Ribadu report. that is not the issue being discussed. besides If i were your boss and i gave you a job to do stating the terms and you spend so much time, return with an inconclusive report and leak the report before presenting it. I'll tear the report in your face for gross incompetence.

but that is not the issue here.

tear the report because you did not see it first or because the leaked version had no iota of truth in it.. which one.. but let us leave that for another day. on Manitoba.,. at least the Public (not the naive one) needs to know how BPE will process a proposal, have a prospective investor perform due diligence and after 5 years award it wholly only to claim a breach in due process. I have a strong feeling you have access to such crucial info, can you leak it out to save us the effort of trying to figure out what is on the mind of BPE. It seems you will vest your confidence on our indigenous investors than on experienced international institutions with verifiable successes in this field. but hey.. there is a first time for everything right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: North Shops For Presidential Candidates / Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption / Subsidy Payments Gulped ₦‎1.82 Trillion In Five Months, Arrears Hit ₦‎3.73trn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.