Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing (3634 Views)

Learn Programming Language Of Your Choice FREE / Cloud Computing : Implications for Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
[b][/b]Hi peeps,dunno if to address this to the op or to everyone in general...For those who are interested in studying an ICT related course most especially in the area of Communication Engineering, Signal processing etc abroad, they should knw that there MATLAB knowledge and skillz must be quite good and strong. Itz much used for several courses than even ur c++;and nt just d basic stuff but for much more complex programming and simulations....No one will teach u..i repeat, no 1 will teach u...itz expected that u should have used MATLAB for ur undergraduate studies..;dunno hw many countless times i v spent in my sch library trying to catch up wid d stuff...Plz itz neccessary.......

1 Like

Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ektbear: 12:23am On Nov 26, 2012
Matlab is pretty popular in science and engineering. But to be honest, it is an extremely annoying programming language.

And it costs money to get Matlab license. Unlike for example Python which is free. And Python can do 95%+ of what Matlab can..

1 Like

Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by simplynace(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2013
@UzoExcel... thanks for the notice but may I ask what course you are actually studying and at which University? #Thanks
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by proudlysports: 1:58am On Jul 16, 2013
@ekt, how is Matlab annoying?

I agree the cost might be prohibitive but I know Mathworks have a separate cheaper price regime for students.
And if you're like me, you'll get Matlab from 'Otigba' before travelling out of Naija cheesy
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ektbear: 6:49am On Jul 16, 2013
For me, my main beef is that you cannot have more than one function in a file.

Anyway imo Python with Numpy + Scipy can do 95% of what Matlab can and is free and more enjoyable to program in.

I don't mess with Matlab any more these days.
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2013
Uni of...basically if u. Wanna do anythn in comms engineering then matlab knowledge s absolutely essential;THERE is NO ALTERNATIVe
simply_nace: @UzoExcel... thanks for the notice but may I ask what course you are actually studying and at which University? #Thanks
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 11:38am On Jul 17, 2013
Lol....u on point..otigba is the way dude
proudlysports: @ekt, how is Matlab annoying?

I agree the cost might be prohibitive but I know Mathworks have a separate cheaper price regime for students.
And if you're like me, you'll get Matlab from 'Otigba' before travelling out of Naija cheesy

Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by simplynace(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
@UzoExcel... thats wel noted! thanks baws... May I ask how much u know about Essex University?
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
there are plenty of cracked matlab in nigeria, though i dont encourage piracy but what do u do undecided

1 Like

Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
if u well boxed up and u in the EEE/Comp sci field, do ur masters outsyde the uk...go to france,germany or finland or anywhere else apart 4rm here...
simply_nace: @UzoExcel... thats wel noted! thanks baws... May I ask how much u know about Essex University?
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by simplynace(m): 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
@Uzo... Did u just pick those countries due to monetary terms or because one could get better learning and probably job opportunites over there than in the UK? Besides my Masters' programme would be sponsored via sholarship...
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
I have cracked 2010a version of matlab, if anybody knows where I could get the craked 2012b version, I will be happy to have the link
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by simplynace(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
uzoexcel: if u well boxed up and u in the EEE/Comp sci field, do ur masters outsyde the uk...go to france,germany or finland or anywhere else apart 4rm here...

Did u just pick those countries due to monetary terms or
because one could get better learning and probably job opportunites
over there than in the UK? Besides my Masters' programme would be
sponsored via sholarship...
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by 0yewale(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
cogitoErgo: I have cracked 2010a version of matlab, if anybody knows where I could get the craked 2012b version, I will be happy to have the link
I have the 2012a.. Torrent things
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Monetary terms,better learnin environment and job opprtunities....uk has cancelled the post study visa so u basically v to return to naija compulsorily after masters except u can get a company willing to sponsor ur tier 2 visa which is usually hard!!!!if u do an m.sc in france,u v the license to roam around europe as ur shenger visa gives u free entry to most of these european countries buh if u in d uk,u still need to apply 4 a visa to enter other european countries....thirdly if u studious enuff u get to learn another lang whch is good or ur cv...v a frd doin hz 2yr masters in comms engr in Istanbul technical universirt,turkey and withn 1year he had perfected speakn and writn in turkish...he has part time jobs @ d ministries/embassies as a translator and these r freakn big paying jobs #justsaying
simply_nace:

Did u just pick those countries due to monetary terms or
because one could get better learning and probably job opportunites
over there than in the UK? Besides my Masters' programme would be
sponsored via sholarship...
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 19, 2013
0yewale:
I have the 2012a.. Torrent things
Thanks guy, but au d i go about getng it? i hav not ben able t undstand d torrent tng!
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by simplynace(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Hello UzoExcel! How has your project work been so far? Just checking on ya...
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by 0yewale(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
cogitoErgo: Thanks guy, but au d i go about getng it? i hav not ben able t undstand d torrent tng!
download one of the client ...and u then search for the torrent file online.. it now depends on how many hrs you do spend online..
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
0yewale: download one of the client ...and u then search for the torrent file online.. it now depends on how many hrs you do spend online..
thanks guy.
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ejihand1(m): 8:09am On Jul 29, 2014
I have cracked 2010a version of matlab, if anybody knows where I could get the craked 2012b version, I will be happy to have the link
please how can get cracked version of matlab 2010a version. Thanks in advance. Ejiakanwaeze@yahoo.com
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by uzoexcel(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
i can upload matlab 2011 iso for you via 4shared.com before the end of the week..its close to 6gigs though
send me a pm if u need it
ejihand1:
please how can get cracked version of matlab 2010a version. Thanks in advance. Ejiakanwaeze@yahoo.com
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by obioraval(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
ejihand1:
I have 2012b if you are interested. I'm in Lagos.
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ejihand1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
obioraval: I have 2012b if you are interested. I'm in Lagos.

brother. I am in abakaliki, ebonyi state. Is it something you welbill to me. We have direct vehicles from Lagos to abakaliki. I will pay for the way bill ok. If you good matlab videos especially on functions and scripts or simulinks, I am equally interested. Thanks alot
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by obioraval(m): 6:04am On Jul 30, 2014
ejihand1:

brother. I am in abakaliki, ebonyi state. Is it something you welbill to me. We have direct vehicles from Lagos to abakaliki. I will pay for the way bill ok. If you good matlab videos especially on functions and scripts or simulinks, I am equally interested. Thanks alot
sure, I can WAYBILL it to you. No videos though, just Lots of e books on matlab. Just pm me. I rep Control systems.
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ejihand1(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2014
obioraval: sure, I can WAYBILL it to you. No videos though, just Lots of e books on matlab. Just pm me. I rep Control systems.

what's pm please?
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ayodinho91: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
obioraval: sure, I can WAYBILL it to you. No videos though, just Lots of e books on matlab. Just pm me. I rep Control systems.
can you please send me matlab ebooks

Thanks.
Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by ejihand1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
There will be online matlab class @https://www.nairaland.com/1842325/nl-online-matlab-workshop. Our instructor, hupernikao, a seasoned instructor and has over 10 years in the act and application of matlab in oil and gas industries, medicine, sciences and what not. This online class is FREE of charge. To participate, just click on the lick above and drop your gmail. This is perhaps to enable every participants get study materials and submission of assignment as the lecture unfold. Please hurry to actually drop your gmail to the above link. Signed: class captain (ejihand1).

1 Like

Re: MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing by SOLARPOWER1(f): 1:40pm On May 26, 2015
......'

(1) (Reply)

Connecting Basic4android And Sqlite Database / Database For My Workplace / Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.