Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher (20677 Views)

Your English Teacher Appear Like This In Front Of The Class (photo) / Check Out HONOURABLE PATRICK Obahiagbon's Democracy Day Speech!! / Patience Jonathan, Honourable Patrick And Others' Grammatical Contest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by ARareGem(f): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lol at 'Dead men don't tell tales' and 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star'. grin
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
THAT IGODOMIGODO MAN HAS SOME LOOSE MARBLES UP THERE. OF THAT I AM SURE
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Dawdy(m): 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
I wouldn't know what would have happened
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by searay2(m): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
I suwe tis inlish passing my levu o,. Who is spoking it, i wanting to knows?
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Redmosquito(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
searay2:
manihot or garrium @bold
Ehn! Wetin dat wan mean?!
NO! You cant bring me down! angry

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by abdullkabar(m): 9:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bleep men,dis guy jst ELEBAJIZED my nite cheesy .and i made a C in english!!am smart wink
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2012
Is all those language english or latin? I go leave d class for am na, aah na me learn pass?
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by abdullkabar(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
Bleep men,dis guy jst ELEBAJIZED my nite,now d nite's goin 2 b effavescence cheesy .and i made a C in english!!am smart wink
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
ORDINARY ENGLISH: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
HON. PAT'S ENGLISH: Individuals who make their abodes in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting perilous projectiles.

na dis one kill me pass lol
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by DAvIt0(m): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
seedord247: Obfuscated discombobulated cachinnate grin

baba calm down
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by DAvIt0(m): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
mama-gee:
This is genius!!!

((((GBOOOISHH))))
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Iaz93: 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lwkmd. .even soyinka go open dic.ktionary
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Blueboy0402: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
After reading this I couldnt help but laugh off my head. Infact my stomach is already paining me because of too much laughter. But wait a minute is Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon allright? grin grin grin
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by controlseven: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
Laughing my self to sleep.....
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by infofta(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Coming back to comment after going for pepper- souping and suyaing.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by ashmanpolo: 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lexo22: Nice concept but I still wish to correct the grammatical error in the title "If partrick were to be an English teach and not was". The last time I made this correction the modulator called me arrogant guy. I still blame the modulator who allowed this wonderful article to cross the front page without correcting the error . No offence!

'WAS' is correct. It's a Singular verb just like 'Patrick' is also a Singular Noun.

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by yemmy19(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Allumination ☺Ƒ a blentonical gelonism is strantamathically aπϑ scuradically nothing but istranot astinini Τ̅ђα̲̅τ monipticate a shadow team of abenical uranta in a state of agliferous walony
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by evatee(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Help tell Dame and Uncle Wole Soyinka to learn Turenchi from Pat Obahiagbon.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by wazobia55: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dis is lucriblouse, dis is sadonic, dis is a state of bizma, bizma lol
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Pecca: 11:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
jamace:

Are you sure of that correction?

See below:

Singular present tense: (If Patrick is to be a teacher....) = singular past tense: (If Patrick was to be a teacher....)

Plural present tense: (If they are to be teachers ...) = Plural past tense: (If they were to be teachers)

I feel the OP is right. Otherwise convince/confuse me. grin grin

Yeah! He is correct. WERE is used when an imaginary event or rather an action that could have been but could not!

3 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by buoye1(m): 11:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
Kudos @op
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by buoye1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
yemmy19: Allumination ☺Ƒ a blentonical gelonism is strantamathically aπϑ scuradically nothing but istranot astinini Τ̅ђα̲̅τ monipticate a shadow team of abenical uranta in a state of agliferous walony
...Chaii...make i run commet 4 dis thread b4 dana go crash on top am#shittin in ma toilet

1 Like

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Jybz: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
Its bcuz of dis English Benin-Ore Road was never Repaired.....
Cuz. D Reps didn't undastand all wat he was sayn...
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by mpmp: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2012
Foxy_Rebirth: I was going through the dictionary to check meaning of words while reading an exciting novel, it later occurred to me, if it is to be Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon that is to teach us simple proverbs and their meaning in school, how is it going to sound like, going by the way he murders vocabulary...

But nothing spoil sha, I was able to come up with these ones and funny enough, it looks really close to what he would say when asked to teach in a class....

Dear Foxy_Rebirth,

It is not good to tell lies.

I hope you know we all have google.com in front of us.

Rather than tell us a bull- story about:
1) you reading an exciting novel,
2) whatever you wanted to occur to you that occurred to you - in your dreams,

you could have just told us the truth: that you stumbled upon a website similar to the below, you did a copy paste and wanted to share with us whatever you read:
http://www.english-zone.com/language/sayings.html
http://www.philbrodieband.com/jokes_proverb-archive.htm
http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~aam/fun/GRE_anyone

By even coming here to say "I was able to come up with these ones and funny enough" is the definition of plagiarism. If you become a person of authority in Nigeria tomorrow, you would forge documents, cheat, and claim to be someone else. This is why anytime I hear that Nigerian youths are the hope of tomorrow, I silently reply "na lie" - coz the average youth out there is as bad as those on the leadership seats. No wonder "Nigeria is a great nation" is just a figure of speech.

3 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by icelovex(m): 12:07am On Nov 17, 2012
Now a jamb comprehension with some of this patrick English vocabularies.
Because male cadavers are incapable of rendering any testimony,i will advise that all those individuals who makes their abodes in vitreous edifices should refrain from catapulting perilous projectiles.and man should also comprehend that pulchritude possesses solely cutaneous profundity,therefore all articles that coruscate with replendence are not truely auriferous.
AS a neophytes we advised that you be constant with your point. because a revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of small, green biophytic plant.wish you a neophytes serendipity.

NOW Q1 A suitable title for this passage is?

5 Likes

Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Bendosky18: 12:10am On Nov 17, 2012
dat man is an unjeqwantologcal eqivar
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by FindOut(m): 12:11am On Nov 17, 2012
".....were to be an english teacher", not "was".lol
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by FindOut(m): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2012
Pecca:

Yeah! He is correct. WERE is used when an imaginary event or rather an action that could have been but could not!

correct
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by usher3176: 12:19am On Nov 17, 2012
Honorable Patrick obiagbon is one in a million
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by bestower: 12:27am On Nov 17, 2012
Mehnnn i don fail finish be that ooh.
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by sessydoo(m): 12:35am On Nov 17, 2012
Adams should go look for an interpreter ooo
Re: If Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon Was To Be An English Teacher by Agiliti(m): 12:57am On Nov 17, 2012
anyways, patience was a teacher so nothing do am
but if patience and patrick jam for class eh, the matter + antimatter reaction go worse pass nuclear bomb grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Wedding Speech by a Bridegroom / Lagos Conductors And Their Uniqueness. / Picture Of A Manchester United Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.