Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ (15316 Views)

13 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Unemployment- Non-graduates Are Cheating Graduates In Nigeria / If You Are Unemployed, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by sandysprax(m): 2:23am On Nov 16, 2012
doppler777:
Again....... those "jet owners" are getting ready to "JETOUT" before "wahala bust" trust mee wink
Again....... those "jet owners" are getting ready to "JETOUT" before "wahala bust" trust mee

hahahah...Maybe T.B Joshua has predicted the impending disaster at their pastor's conference, hence the mass procurement of private jets in preparation for the dooms day.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 16, 2012
@all quick to callin most Nigerian graduates unemployable, what makes u think u are better off?, that a man failed ur interview does not mean he wont excel elsewhere, that a man dont know all the states and capital does not mean he cant be a good marketer or banker, that a man graduated with 3rd class does not mean he is a complete failure, that a lady cant spell her name does not mean she cant be a good cook, and start an eatery business, that a man cant speak good english does not mean he cant invent new ideas/strategies. Everyone is unique in his own special way, and No man is dull or an illiterate, cos by default there are some intrinsic values that are inherent in every being..... Lets all join hands and build our NAtion, cos its no longer news that its a failed state, but its our own country, and no one would love his/her home/country better than us NIgerians. A friend of mine that graduated as an accountant (a broke unemployed grad) just started a newspaper company of his own, he prints dailies, tho small at the moment, but it will metamorphorse eventually, another friend of mine who is also a petroleum engineering graduate had to learn tailoring and he has got a small shop, and has even gotten his own designers label, tho small, but i know he definitely will make it, cos he makes more than 350k monthly. My people, pls just try and do anythin u think u can do, think of something, however small it is, cos u will definitely make it only if u try....dont place all ur trust on govt jobs/NNPC/ oil coys /banks or the last interview u went for. Just give urself a company name, write a vision statement (even tho u dont have money and no company) and read it aloud to yourself everymorning after calling urself the CEO, trust me before 2-years, u will be that CEO of that coy u never tot u could get, and u would be so amazed as to how much u have made it in life, cos u will treat the coy with care, like ur whole life depends on it. Cheers happy people

3 Likes

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by 5much(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2012
in reality its 90% that ar unemployed.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by oc2fish: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=cheddarking]Another thing is....

Nigerians also need to stop studying stupid Mickey-mouse courses...

A lot of people go in to study Theology, Philosophy, Fishery, Public Admin, International Relations etc...

These courses are simply not relevant in Nigeria today..

[b]A word to Nigerians: Consider your University Degree as an Investment Opportunity, A sound investment produces sound r

I dont belive you call fisheries mickey mouse course. Animal protein is the most essential protein needed by man and fish is the cheapest form of animal protein as at today nija import half of its need both in frozen and fresh. Fish is eaten by everyone and of all ages. Expert in fish production is needed so that we can increase production and reduce production time. For your information Hydrobiology and fisheries or Zoology and fisheries cannot be liken to a degree in Fisheries management and Aquaculture from a university, polytech and Monotech colleges.
Graduate of fisheries and aquaculture do not look for job they create one and employ others.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by ZeusI: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2012
They are all lazy, and lacks a sense of direction and concept and innovation as graduates. Imagine those we erect our hopes on to steer the nation after graduating with their profound new ideas crying like babies - seeking for someone or people or even government to depend on without shame. I now see how good it would be if higher institutions are scraped in Nigeria, because the reason for putting them up has waned. The uneducated are more employed and idea oriented, even building Nigeria these days, than those so called graduates. Imagine Igbos recuperating from disastrious and debilitating war; defeated, without help and complain attained the status of controllers of informal economy of Nigeria. Employing many (as sales girls and servants), develoing rural areas and importing goods to boost our GDP without aid from govt, and an educated graduate had the audacity to cry unemployment. Learn from Igbos!

1 Like

Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by seniorklop: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2012
well said tiniyata!

i still think there should be some sorts of incentives from d govt to assist them....i mean agric loan,SME loans etc. majority of d unemployed can hardly feed. so tell me how can someone think(be innovative) when d stomach is empty?
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Kpala: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Its high time we stop complaining and fend for our selfs. There are opportunities available to us. Contact me at shaddysand@yahoo.com or 08188608186
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by hasyak(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2012
tiniyata: @all quick to callin most Nigerian graduates unemployable, what makes u think u are better off?, that a man failed ur interview does not mean he wont excel elsewhere, that a man dont know all the states and capital does not mean he cant be a good marketer or banker, that a man graduated with 3rd class does not mean he is a complete failure, that a lady cant spell her name does not mean she cant be a good cook, and start an eatery business, that a man cant speak good english does not mean he cant invent new ideas/strategies. Everyone is unique in his own special way, and No man is dull or an illiterate, cos by default there are some intrinsic values that are inherent in every being..... Lets all join hands and build our NAtion, cos its no longer news that its a failed state, but its our own country, and no one would love his/her home/country better than us NIgerians. A friend of mine that graduated as an accountant (a broke unemployed grad) just started a newspaper company of his own, he prints dailies, tho small at the moment, but it will metamorphorse eventually, another friend of mine who is also a petroleum engineering graduate had to learn tailoring and he has got a small shop, and has even gotten his own designers label, tho small, but i know he definitely will make it, cos he makes more than 350k monthly. My people, pls just try and do anythin u think u can do, think of something, however small it is, cos u will definitely make it only if u try....dont place all ur trust on govt jobs/NNPC/ oil coys /banks or the last interview u went for. Just give urself a company name, write a vision statement (even tho u dont have money and no company) and read it aloud to yourself everymorning after calling urself the CEO, trust me before 2-years, u will be that CEO of that coy u never tot u could get, and u would be so amazed as to how much u have made it in life, cos u will treat the coy with care, like ur whole life depends on it. Cheers happy people

+8.7
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by banmaster(m): 11:18am On Nov 16, 2012
Orikinla: Majority of them are unemployed, because they are too Lazy to read and think.

Here is an opportunity for unemployed graduates on https://www.nairaland.com/1059699/first-nollywood-outdoor-cinema-workshop.

To your view, you think they are lazy, but most of them are looking to get but and their is non outside i don't call that lazy..
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by senator2k9(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2012
oyibo side, dey r jobs but pple dont like dt type
*Ileke-IdI:

It aint any different on the oyinbo's side too
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Shaw007(m): 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
Godogwu:

Every graduate gets employed? Did you re-read what you typed?....like! You actually feel you made sense yea?
u obviously have comprehension hicks. . .i dnt have time 4 lessons. . So waLk aLong!!
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Shaw007(m): 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
hasyak: ]

Its because of the way the country is thats why we are saying start doing something for yourself, because the jobs are not THERE. And if you think by coming here to lament that will solve your problem then go ahead and wait for the Job!
this man. . .dat aint what I'm saying,digest what i typed and reply me again. . .i dnt mean everyone has 2 work 4 someone,dat is not what I'm saying. . .but at least with the status of this country the employment level shud stiLL be reduced,so shud we KIll them now because they cnt start sometin on their own??

Abeg may Una dey understand sometin b4 u just type lah!!
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Godogwu: 1:57am On Nov 17, 2012
Shaw007: u obviously have comprehension hicks. . .i dnt have time 4 lessons. . So waLk aLong!!

Obviously a nitwit. Cheers
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by geepawps(m): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
What Nigerian youths or graduates need right now is the solution to this unemployment. The quoted 60% cannot be the right one in a country where over 5000 candidates will apply for a job and only less than 200 will recruited.
We will get there day, and I pray it will be in my lifetime.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by datum2012: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2012
1. College students should be given vocational training and imparted skills which they will need in the job market.
2. Most jobs are created by the private sector, so the private sector should be given incentives and allowances to succeed and to create vacancies..to create employment opportunistic.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Shaw007(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2012
Godogwu:

Obviously a nitwit. Cheers
LOok whO's taLking,pathetic

#sighs
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
doppler777:
Again....... those "jet owners" are getting ready to "JETOUT" before "wahala bust" trust mee wink
Again....... those "jet owners" are getting ready to "JETOUT" before "wahala bust" trust mee
@ doppler777 you`ve said the incontovertable truth there`s absolutely no more argument.SMH
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by Orikinla(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2012
New jobs for graduates on http://www.kerawa.com/en/posts/53_nigeria/-1_all_cities/17_job_vacancies_offers.html
Check out the graduate positions at May and Baker.
Re: ‘60% Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed’ by NEROSKY(m): 10:23am On Dec 08, 2018
Now is 90% shocked embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pure Gold Logistics Synergy Ltd Invite, Please Who Know This Company Well!!!!!! / 3 Important Things To Do Before Accepting A Job Offer / We Don’t Owe N-power Participants Salaries –osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.