Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station (17122 Views)

Cheating In NNPC Mega Station In Owerri (Dispensed Lesser But Full Reading) / Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Jarus(m): 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yomieluv: The best way is to kneel down for the petrol attendant to be fair with you,cos in my area,no matter how sharp you are,those attendant are sharper than you. So beg them to be fair with you at least.
When the meter/machine has been adjusted.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Jarus(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
NNPC is your surest banker. Followed by Oando, Total and Mobil, especially in branches that are in town and cities, not those along the expressway.

I don't buy from independents. Almost 100% of them do it.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by haladug(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
I had an experience that got me so marveled, my car tank's capacity is 70liters but on a fateful day at the filing station when I went to fill my tank that was on reserve, even after scrupulously checkin the metre readin to make sure the countin starts from 0.00, the irredeemable criminal of a pump attentdant still found his way to ficticiously dispense 80litres aπϑ still countin until I furiously asked him to stop. I angrily insulted aπϑ accused him of cheatin but there was no prove... #NaijaIStillDeyWonder. I also noticed that the fuel from some fillin stations don't last as much as the ones from others. #smh
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by franel79(m): 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2012
Anytime you are buying PMS and the Station attendant starts smiling at you, just know you are being cheated.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by AMvanquish: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
franel79: Anytime you are buying PMS and the Station attendant starts smiling at you, just know you are being cheated.

Looool
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
haladug: I had an experience that got me so marveled, my car tank's capacity is 70liters but on a fateful at the filing station when I went to fill my tank that was on reserve, even after scrupulously checkin the metre readin to make sure the countin starts from 0.00, the irredeemable criminal of a pump attentdant still found his way to ficticiously dispense 80litres α̲̅πϑ still countin until I furiously asked him to stop. I angrily insulted α̲̅πϑ accused him of cheatin but there was no prove... #NaijaIStillDeyWonder. I also noticed that the fuel from some fillin stations don't last as much as the ones from others. #smh

I know you are telling the truth, cos a similar thing happened to me!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by nairaman66(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
(How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station)

Its a fraudulent world.. Surely, Nigeria cant be caught now!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by 360command: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2012
Buy a device called fuel guage. As the fuel attendant put the hose in your car, place the gauge at the mouth of the hose and connect it to the fuel tank. As the fuel goes in, it records the litters which has passed through the gauge..

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by kavey10(m): 2:32am On Nov 16, 2012
360command: Buy a device called fuel guage. As the fuel attendant put the hose in your car, place the gauge at the mouth of the hose and connect it to the fuel tank. As the fuel goes in, it records the litters which has passed through the gauge..

Can you be kind enough to tell us where one can get it and how effective that (device) is?

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by leyema: 3:54am On Nov 16, 2012
Nigeria filling stations are all rubbish! I bought fuel inside a keg in one filling station, I discovered the fuel was far below the level it used to reach. I shouted but the most senior attendant calm ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ down by saying 'oga please bring ur keg let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ add small for u' can u immagine wn we are not buying rice and beans.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Lusola15: 5:37am On Nov 16, 2012
grin
Successimpactld: There are no rules guiding this country

Break a rule or law and u will know that der rules governing this country. E.g lagos traffic rules cheesy
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by cnwamo(m): 5:37am On Nov 16, 2012
To all those rooting for NNPC I'm sorry to tell You I remember one time when I went to buy fuel at the one close to festac extension I asked the attendant to sell 4500 naira and while selling it stopped at 3600 and the machine meter reset and d guy just replaced the nozzle as if nothing happened, I was like WTF just happened now and d guy was suprised cos he didn't know I was watching the meter even though was forming Bigboi sitting inside d car, I sharply came down and shouted at the guy eh!!!, he then said that it seems what I'm saying is true cos many people complain of the same thing at that meter shocked
I was lucky that day since that day I've never sat in d car when fuel is being dispensed grin
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by searchcorp(m): 5:38am On Nov 16, 2012
TESTING! TESTING!! (Yipee! My ban has been lifted. I'm back!)
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by alphaconde(m): 5:44am On Nov 16, 2012
swtcharissa: I just buy fuel frm NNPC n move ahead,wat will =10O or little less do to the millions am working n praying hard to make?

U r sti praying hard to make millions?, when some others are finding means to reduce their wealth. Man drive faster
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by olatunde1234: 5:50am On Nov 16, 2012
The longer their pump holes the bigger you will be cheat, cus any petrol inside that holes is yours, but as long as the stop the nulsle, your remaing petrol will go back into their tank, no way! they will cheat you
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by segzicres(m): 5:53am On Nov 16, 2012
Damn! All dses observations r true, dere was dis day dat I spend almost 6k to fill up my 1.6litre tank (۳º̩̩́_º̩̩̀)۳
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by VellyG(m): 5:56am On Nov 16, 2012
Nigeria is a place where people are been paid for services they dont offer. What really the duty of DPR
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Jonatech(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2012
nice one
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by wellmax(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2012
yuzedo: Dat tin dey vex my SOUL! Wanted to start a thread on it cos Mobil especially dey vex my spirit die! How u go cheat person for fuel matter? Dat tin dey pain pass anytin na! DPR needs to monitor and enforce.. But the modafockaz dey chop bribe pass Farouk! angry

Whao this is the fourth time from different sources that I'll hear complaints about Mobil. Those guys are crooks
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ayo111uk(m): 6:39am On Nov 16, 2012
speedyboi:
You dispense it yourself doesn't imply that the meter hasn't been adjusted. Are you a learner? cheesy
Am not a learner boi! Just trying to answer your question boi. The thing (pump fraud) full everywhere - get rich or die trying.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by sammycomm: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2012
leyema: Nigeria filling stations are all rubbish! I bought fuel inside a keg in one filling station, I discovered the fuel was far below the level it used to reach. I shouted but the most senior attendant calm ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ down by saying 'oga please bring ur keg let ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ add small for u' can u immagine wn we are not buying rice and beans.
grin grin can't stop laughing
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2012

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by jude33084(m): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2012
mrkels: All the pumps in nigeria are adjusted, yet the regulating bodies would never do anything about it. Mtcheeew

In Benin we still have Ǧ☺☺ϑ filling stations with Ǧ☺☺ϑ pumps.

We all know the bad ones, example is Asgolite along New Lagos road; armed robber bus grin
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by nero2003: 6:55am On Nov 16, 2012
Don't ever buy fuel from Mobil filling stations.They are crooks.All their meters are adjusted.PPMC and DPR should be scrap.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by 5much(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2012
Well Said, But the Best and proven way is to check any Filling Station that has the Highest Number of Taxi Cab & Okada Men as its customers.

u ar very corect man.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by jude33084(m): 7:01am On Nov 16, 2012
360command: Buy a device called fuel guage. As the fuel attendant put the hose in your car, place the gauge at the mouth of the hose and connect it to the fuel tank. As the fuel goes in, it records the litters which has passed through the gauge..

Tell ♍e where to get get it aŋԂ lets do business wink
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by controlseven: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Blame it on Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!......i thought only govt officials are corrupt in Nigeria?......i dey laugh!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by onyxo76(m): 7:31am On Nov 16, 2012
Ganys: Well Said, But the Best and proven way is to check any Filling Station that has the Highest Number of Taxi Cab & Okada Man as its customer
very correct observation. Thank you.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Wilife: 7:35am On Nov 16, 2012
...I still think taking a 25 litres keg to the filling station is the best way to find out if the pump is properly calibrated.

Be that as it may...don't think there is any filling station that does not cheat.

Some are just better than others...

For me MRS filling stations have always been the closest to 'reasonable'...

Ur thots...
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by mu2sa2: 7:45am On Nov 16, 2012
If u see a filling station is always empty dont buy fuel there. If you must, then adopt the wisdom of okada men by buying into a keg or jerry can first. This way you know from the size of the container whether you hav been shortchanged or not.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by dnawah(m): 7:46am On Nov 16, 2012
addey: I f you want to know you have been under-dispensed in the fuel filling station.

Whenever you are at the petrol station, as the attendant start to dispense the fuel the litter reading will not start from zero it either start from 0.2 or 0.3 that means they are taking 20% or 30% of a liter from every liter you buy.

But if the liter reading starts from zero then the station is giving you 100% of what you are buying. But this can only happen in few NNPC stations.
you don put sand sand 4 they gari o!all the same thanks 4 the info

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does The Police Force Has The Jurisdiction To Ask For Driver's License? / My Bicycle Restoration Project / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.