Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station (17144 Views)

Cheating In NNPC Mega Station In Owerri (Dispensed Lesser But Full Reading) / Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by afoo02(m): 7:48am On Nov 16, 2012
el catino: So wot do we do as soon as we detect dis fraud? #just askng#

Just tell the attendant to rubb it and re-start again, simple

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Exponental(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2012
Buy a car with digital fuel gauge or u confirm from someone who has one.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by GeneralGaricks: 7:55am On Nov 16, 2012
yuzedo: Dat tin dey vex my SOUL! Wanted to start a thread on it cos Mobil especially dey vex my spirit die! How u go cheat person for fuel matter? Dat tin dey pain pass anytin na! DPR needs to monitor and enforce.. But the modafockaz dey chop bribe pass Farouk! angry

And Farook is still an Honourable member of the federal house.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by mikkybrick: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2012
haladug: I had an experience that got me so marveled, my car tank's capacity is 70liters but on a fateful day at the filing station when I went to fill my tank that was on reserve, even after scrupulously checkin the metre readin to make sure the countin starts from 0.00, the irredeemable criminal of a pump attentdant still found his way to ficticiously dispense 80litres α̲̅πϑ still countin until I furiously asked him to stop. I angrily insulted α̲̅πϑ accused him of cheatin but there was no prove... #NaijaIStillDeyWonder. I also noticed that the fuel from some fillin stations don't last as much as the ones from others. #smh
i agree with you. MRS on Ahmadu bello are culprits. their fuel seems to be almost the correct amount in volume dispensed, but the fuel doesnt last at all!!! I have tested this many times!!! it happened to me just yesterday again.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by GeneralGaricks: 8:09am On Nov 16, 2012
ayo111uk:
We dispense it ourselves here in London.

What of after dispensing, you check your pocket and you dont have enough money to pay
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by afoo02(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2012
addey: I f you want to know you have been under-dispensed in the fuel filling station.

Whenever you are at the petrol station, as the attendant start to dispense the fuel the litter reading will not start from zero it either start from 0.2 or 0.3 that means they are taking 20% or 30% of a liter from every liter you buy.

But if the liter reading starts from zero then the station is giving you 100% of what you are buying. But this can only happen in few NNPC stations.
I believe you dnt know anything about petrol station base on what you wrote. Every topteck and AP pump start from 0.2 or 0.3 early in the morning when attendant ON them b4 despensing fuel, what u need to do is just tell him or her to re-start it again from 0:0
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by GeneralGaricks: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2012
Clemzy16: The best way to avoid being cheated is to always but the fuel with a measurement litre before you turn the fuel inside the tank. I think that'll will go a long way to avoiding being cheated in the filling stations.

You have time.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by jay7(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2012
You people are very funny how on earth wil a computer fuel dispenser start reading from 0.00?
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Emdee590(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2012
swtcharissa: I just buy fuel frm NNPC n move ahead,wat will =10O or little less do to the millions am working n praying hard to make?

Lol ! See who d make millions
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by 4tune1(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2012
The moment those dirty thieves ask me how much, I will just say fill up even if am buying #1500 fuel. but always monitor the reading so that it won't pass, because the moment you tell them =3000 they will only dispense =2200 or =2000 fuel for you but it will read =3000 on the meter.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by abdullkabar(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2012
I use a LEGGEDIS BENX,it uses GARRI as fuel grin..bt dis days GARRI is now being under dispensed undecided
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by zoedicus: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2012
manny4life: Why aren't there filling stations where drivers dispense fuel themselves? Just asking
ask gridlock.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Clemzy16: The best way to avoid being cheated is to always but the fuel with a measurement litre before you turn the fuel inside the tank. I think that'll will go a long way to avoiding being cheated in the filling stations.
won't work.
They'll say the gallon is big or have expanded.

@topic, no point knowing. What are you gonna do with the knowledge?
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by OMABYK: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2012
The guys are very sharp. Most often the meter will be reading but the guy will hold back one of the keys at the nussle thereby stopping from entering the tank. After about 30 seconds he will continue. Just ckeck this out.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by yuzedo: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2012
4tune1: The moment those dirty thieves ask me how much, I will just say fill up even if am buying #1500 fuel. but always monitor the reading so that it won't pass, because the moment you tell them =3000 they will only dispense =2200 or =2000 fuel for you but it will read =3000 on the meter.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm................... cheesy
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by conceptmay: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2012
addey: I f you want to know you have been under-dispensed in the fuel filling station.

Whenever you are at the petrol station, as the attendant start to dispense the fuel the litter reading will not start from zero it either start from 0.2 or 0.3 that means they are taking 20% or 30% of a liter from every liter you buy.

But if the liter reading starts from zero then the station is giving you 100% of what you are buying. But this can only happen in few NNPC stations.

nope that is the not the way it work man, there is no any filling station you will get 100% of what you are buying ,even DPR and weight and measure give them tolerance of o.5liters in every 20 litre you are buying , which is negligible , but the seller turn it up to the tune of 2 litres from 20litres, so for every 20 litres you are buying you get 18litres in most filling stations some cases are worse more than this, the reduction might be done electronically or manually turning the meter , but you will never know from the reading on the display board.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by BashToks: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2012
speedyboi:
Shhhhhh! Don't let nigerians hear oooo....cos for their mind, stuffs like this only happen in Nigeria lipsrsealed
And does that mean you should be okay with it? pfft!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by BashToks: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2012
Ever wonder why they request for a little e tra stipend when u buy in a keg?
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by jlad2003(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2012
Wuld U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine buying 20 litre in a car tank and couldn't take me a four minute drive undecidedWuld U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine buying 20 litre in a car tank and couldn't take me a four minute drive, if U̶̲̥̅̊ must know I bought air !
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ayo111uk(m): 11:35am On Nov 16, 2012
General Garicks:

What of after dispensing, you check your pocket and you dont have enough money to pay
You leave your car and go find money. Don't even try and do a runner with your car without paying!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by elcatino: 11:45am On Nov 16, 2012
eklassical:
u wud simply tell the fuel attendant that its cheating!!!tell him u saw a thread on nairaland that revealed the truth... I bet afta that, u go find filling station tire**
guy u com add salt 2 injury. Lol
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by Funjay(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
I think best bet may be NNPC or you just buy, pray u r lucky and move on. Sum1 mentioned MRS, funny enuf, i bought at MRS 1 day and I was so imnpressed, bot 10litres in a gallon and filled my tank (Toyota Corolla) that has entered red b4 and all my bill was abt 5k. Since den i started patronisin dem, the 2nd time however, my fuel was not totally down and i stil bought 4k to fill it.
Today, i bought at an AP filling station inside Unilag thinking dt a fillin station inside an higher institution will not cheat, hw wrong i was. I bot almost 4600 to fill my tank even wen i had enough fuel in the tank.

I have had gud experience from some Mobil and Total fillin stations b4 but av come to conclusion that all of them cheats, na d degree of cheating dey pass 1 another. Connoil for me is a no go arear because dose pple can mix water with fuel if possible. The 1 at Adetola Aguda is a joke, I dont bother, will rather trek dan buy fuel from dem.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by nokingasgod: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
gbogboti: The ones in my area are daylight robbers. Their pump count starts from N26. Honestly! The worst filling station in Lagos is MRS. I mean MRS! I repeat! So rude and dirty set of morons. All of them na Ijebu people so am not too surprised anyway. I bought from total this evening. Them collects N50 for my 50litre container. Naija!!!
You can see how your ignorance will kill you one day. So Ijebu People are rude, dirty and moronic? it takes a block-head like you to make such ungodly and unfounded assertion.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by initiate: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
We can take this thread a bit further by citing good and bad stations

To start with I think the Oando at awolowo nearer onikan dispenses accurately

And I think the mobil at Ggagada is quite fraudulent from experience

More inputs are welcome
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by chidyke77(m): 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2012
Wilife: ...I still think taking a 25 litres keg to the filling station is the best way to find out if the pump is properly calibrated.

Be that as it may...don't think there is any filling station that does not cheat.

Some are just better than others...

For me MRS filling stations have always been the closest to 'reasonable'...

Ur thots...
there is one filling station just close to my area and they already knw me as a customer. They hv a particular pump for their customers especially if u are buying wt a keg and that pump is always complete.
If u are nt their regular customer they wld just tel u that the meter is nt functioning well. An attendat that I am closed to revealed that to me and wen he left,i still insist on bn serviced by that particular pump.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by ow11(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
How about simple maths of either going to a station at a quarter or half tank. Fill up and do the maths!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by 9icetoo(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2012
initiate: We can take this thread a bit further by citing good and bad stations

To start with I think the Oando at awolowo nearer onikan dispenses accurately

And I think the mobil at Ggagada is quite fraudulent from experience

More inputs are welcome
The meters in the mobil at gbagada are okay. you just have to keep a sharp eye on the attendant. most people park and stay in their cars to be refuelled. once you do this there, you will be fleeced. Best thing is to switch off your engine. get down from your car. Personally ask the attendant to reset the pump in your prescence and have ur calculator on standby whilst maintaining an eagle watch over the meter reading.
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by lastpage: 12:40am On Aug 05, 2014
speedyboi:
You dispense it yourself doesn't imply that the meter hasn't been adjusted. Are you a learner? cheesy

There is corruption everywhere but the difference is that in some areas, they at least "make effort" to root it out.

Quite a few petrol stations in my hood have been shut down when the Standards Authority discovers, through random checks that they have rigged their dispense meter.

They shut them down for at least THREE MONTHS (juts imagine the loss!) and follow it up with a very huge fine.
Repeat offenders get their license completely and permanently revoked .... plus fine and possible jail term.

In my dear country Nigeria, the DPR guys just do a "Farouk Lawan" with the Station Owner and its "business as usual".

Sorry for the citizens, such a sad country! cry cry

Lastpage!
Re: How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station by big3boy: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
in otuoke here, we dispense it by ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Viecar VC 309 Scanner: Code Display and Interpretation !!! (10k, All Cars ) / This Guy Made Various Car Sounds With His Mouth. They Sound So Real (video) / My Bicycle Restoration Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.