Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? (1965 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / Drogba Vs Mikel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
To my crazy soccer fans like me, cheers to your various clubs! Well am a chelsea fan and I never stop #ktbffh! Didier drogba and Eto'o are two powerful strikers who doesn't need to be introduced prior to their heroic act in the game of soccer! But when ever I bring up this topic people seem to prefer Eto'o to drogba ( like 85percent of my friends do)! But from my point of view, when you compare these guy's, it is very difficult to select, although. Most ppl opt for ETO'O ahead of drogba!! But if you should judge, let's consider some key facts !! Eto'o played for the better team in club and country( I.e barcelona's mid-field quality compared to that of chelsea's and cameron was better than ivory coast) so its logical he will score more goals than drogba!! So who do prefer?
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2012
Drogba simple is d best among d two of them.alex ferguson said and i quote "no other striker can score d goal drogba scored at dat particular match and against bayern Munich at that time".now look at it 4rm this perspective, Eto'o won his last la liga top scorer award with 24 goals,Drogba's last top scorer award was 29goals.Eto'o left barca,yet barca scored more goals than d did when he was around but when Drogba left chelsea,goal became a problem to chelsea's attack force.Drogba was beta

2 Likes

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2012
Well said!!!!! Finally have found someone who looks at cases frm an unbiased position!!! Am not skeptical abt ur judgment, right judgment!!!

1 Like

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by akintun: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2012
It has to be Eto. No contest. Champion league winner with two diff clubs, and I remember him playing from d winger at inter Milan. Drogba is a very good striker, but Eto na him baba.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Letsdobiz: 11:55am On Nov 17, 2012
Eto'o, Eto'o, Eto'o
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by respect67: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
They are both great footballers and very nice people. These two did Africa proud not just with their talents but also by their conduct. I love them both but as a chelsea fan i will say DD is the better of the two.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
respect67: They are both great footballers and very nice people. These two did Africa proud not just with their talents but also by their conduct. I love them both but as a chelsea fan i will say DD is the better of the two.
. LoL!!!! Up blues my brother!!!! I opt for Double D!!!
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
Letsdobiz: Eto'o, Eto'o, Eto'o
. Drogba , Drogba , Drogba
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ezechinwa: Well said!!!!! Finally have found someone who looks at cases frm an unbiased position!!! Am not skeptical abt ur judgment, right judgment!!!
tanx bro.

1 Like

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by goddyjay(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2012
ETO'O IS WAY BETTER THAN DROGBA. THREE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHIES, THREE AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR, THE ONLY AFRICAN TO WIN THREE TWO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHIES AT TWO DIFFERENT CLUBS HE'S RICHER COOLER ND BETTER IN ALL WAYS. WE DON'T NEED TO ARGUE ETO'O IS THE BEST............ wink smiley wink smiley

2 Likes

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by omar22(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
From a Chelsea fan...

Eto all day long.. Eto won 3 African footballer of the year before Drogba won one, Eto winning 2 Nations Cup Drogba has yet to win one despite having a fantastic squad!!
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2012
I kinda disagree a little bit!!!! When eto'o left barcelona he wasn't missed that much, infact barcelona is even much more stronger during villa, messi era!!! Unlike chelsea losing DD makes it look like he's irreplaceable, infact even arsenal ,liverpool, manutd etc plus EpL miSs the DD!!!! Perhaps, I don't think its proper to judge a player based on the number of trophies he has won! But how vital he is/was to the team success!!! DD made a name for chelsea while barcalona already had one!! Take messi for example, he has won everything but never won the world cup, but he is the best payer ever to play football( better than maradona and pele) does it mean you will decline his potential becus of trophies than the latter has won? !!! Man to man, DD is better than Eto'o!!!

3 Likes

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
Ezechinwa: I kinda disagree a little bit!!!! When eto'o left barcelona he wasn't missed that much, infact barcelona is even much more stronger during villa, messi era!!! Unlike chelsea losing DD makes it look like he's irreplaceable, infact even arsenal ,liverpool, manutd etc plus EpL miSs the DD!!!! Perhaps, I don't think its proper to judge a player based on the number of trophies he has won! But how vital he is/was to the team success!!! DD made a name for chelsea while barcalona already had one!! Take messi for example, he has won everything but never won the world cup, but he is the best payer ever to play football( better than maradona and pele) does it mean you will decline his potential becus of trophies than the latter has won? !!! Man to man, DD is better than Eto'o!!!
i gree with evrythng u said apart 4rm sayng messi is greater than maradona n pele.how many solitary goals has he scored 4 Argentina in d world cup compare to maradona takng on 5england playerz to score in d world cup?

1 Like

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
Itoroetti :

i gree with evrythng u said apart 4rm sayng messi is greater than maradona n pele.how many solitary goals has he scored 4 Argentina in d world cup compare to maradona takng on 5england playerz to score in d world cup?
. My brother that one na another argument for the future! Messi vs maradona!!! Lol! But I get ur point!!!

1 Like

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by omar22(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Ezechinwa: I kinda disagree a little bit!!!! When eto'o left barcelona he wasn't missed that much, infact barcelona is even much more stronger during villa, messi era!!! Unlike chelsea losing DD makes it look like he's irreplaceable, infact even arsenal ,liverpool, manutd etc plus EpL miSs the DD!!!! Perhaps, I don't think its proper to judge a player based on the number of trophies he has won! But how vital he is/was to the team success!!! DD made a name for chelsea while barcalona already had one!! Take messi for example, he has won everything but never won the world cup, but he is the best payer ever to play football( better than maradona and pele) does it mean you will decline his potential becus of trophies than the latter has won? !!! Man to man, DD is better than Eto'o!!!

And who told you that, Eto scored in 2 finals, for Barcelona in 2010, Barcelona handed Inter Milan a player Jose wanted while he was at Chelsea, Barca vs Inter, Inter Milan kept them quiet, whereas Eto's goal at Stanford Bridge knocked out Chelsea, Drogba is a player that plays with power less skill, Eto is different, the reason Barcelona is not Missing Eto is because Jose built Chelsea with Drogba at the focal point of the set up thats why players like Crespo, Kezman, Pizzaro, Shevchenko even Torres never settled into the set-up, Eto won 2 Nations cup, Drogba playing in a team that has all the top players in clubs in Europe is still yet to land the big one for Ivory Coast. Eto doesnt waste chances compared to DD and Drogba average around 19 goals a season compared to Eto of 26 goals a season....

2 Likes

Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by haibe(m): 10:41pm On Nov 21, 2012
Both are gud but drogba is better
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by abohrandy: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2012
omar22: From a Chelsea fan...

Eto all day long.. Eto won 3 African footballer of the year before Drogba won one, Eto winning 2 Nations Cup Drogba has yet to win one despite having a fantastic squad!!

i was about saying all chelsea fans will def pick drogba till i saw ur post. grin
i actually hate chelsea today coz of Drogba. i even forgot what caused the beef but i know i dont like drogba one bit.

[size=38pt]so eto'o[/size]
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by abohrandy: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2012

oya u want to talk about team's success abi? how many clubs has drogba played for and left his footprints? every where eto'o went his presence has been felt right from his malaga days. thank God he even left that Barca.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by abohrandy: 8:15am On Nov 22, 2012
omar22:

And who told you that, Eto scored in 2 finals, for Barcelona in 2010, Barcelona handed Inter Milan a player Jose wanted while he was at Chelsea, Barca vs Inter, Inter Milan kept them quiet, whereas Eto's goal at Stanford Bridge knocked out Chelsea, Drogba is a player that plays with power less skill, Eto is different, the reason Barcelona is not Missing Eto is because Jose built Chelsea with Drogba at the focal point of the set up thats why players like Crespo, Kezman, Pizzaro, Shevchenko even Torres never settled into the set-up, Eto won 2 Nations cup, Drogba playing in a team that has all the top players in clubs in Europe is still yet to land the big one for Ivory Coast. Eto doesnt waste chances compared to DD and Drogba average around 19 goals a season compared to Eto of 26 goals a season....

bros ur head dey dia!!! besides Eto'o has a scoring ratio of 0.55 for all his football life (my source is Wikipedia) and Drogba has 0.48.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Didier has 207 goals in 444 games for
his clubs, and 45 in 71 for Cote d'Ivoire.
He's been twice African footballer of the
year, 3 PL to his name etc.
Samu has 230 goals in 455 games for
his clubs, 3 CL, 3 La Ligas, Serie A, 2
African Cup of Nations with Cameroon,
3 African player of the year etc.!!!! Both have similar stats, both bring in different attributes to the game!! Even if eto'o has a better stat, I think choosing the better of them shouldn't be easy becus they edge one another in different areas!!!
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 22, 2012
Itoroetti :
Drogba simple is d best among d two of them.alex ferguson said and i quote "no other striker can score d goal drogba scored at dat particular match and against bayern Munich at that time".now look at it 4rm this perspective, Eto'o won his last la liga top scorer award with 24 goals,Drogba's last top scorer award was 29goals.Eto'o left barca,yet barca scored more goals than d did when he was around but when Drogba left chelsea,goal became a problem to chelsea's attack force.Drogba was beta

that Chelsea couldn't score after he doesn't mean he's the best of the 2, it simply means they didn't invest in the right replacement
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
for me looking at there stats there ain't much diff between them but it all comes down to personal like so ill go with eto'o
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 9:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
omar22:

drogba misses chances?then check ur dictionary 4d meaning of 'misses'.Messi is never a top 9,yet he has scored more goals than eto did in 2 season.if he wasnt missing chances,he would have scored upto 80goals a season being that he was a sole striker with strong back up of good midfielders.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
abohrandy:

oya u want to talk about team's success abi? how many clubs has drogba played for and left his footprints? every where eto'o went his presence has been felt right from his malaga days. thank God he even left that Barca.
he never played for malaga,rather madrid,real malorca,barca,inter milan.pls go and read about Drogba's status at Marseille and come back to tell me that he wasnt a figure b4 coming to chelsea.
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Itoroetti(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
blackchild09:

that Chelsea couldn't score after he doesn't mean he's the best of the 2, it simply means they didn't invest in the right replacement
are u telling me that barca replaced eto'o with another world Class striker?
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 23, 2012
Itoroetti :

are u telling me that barca replaced eto'o with another world Class striker?

yeah ibrahimovic ~~~> D.Villa are they not world class?
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by omar22(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2012
Itoroetti :

drogba misses chances?then check ur dictionary 4d meaning of 'misses'.Messi is never a top 9,yet he has scored more goals than eto did in 2 season.if he wasnt missing chances,he would have scored upto 80goals a season being that he was a sole striker with strong back up of good midfielders.

Messi is never a top 9
he plays as a false number 9 and we are not comparing Eto vs Messi, we are comparing Eto v Drogba which is a no brainer, not only Eto is a fox in the box he is a more prolific finisher than Drogba, Drogba is more power, bullying defenders, shooting etc. Eto hardly misses a one on one situation, Drogba has missed sooooo many comparing Drogba to Eto is like comparing Rob Van Persie to Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Eto Great goal scorer
Drogba scorer of great goals
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by omar22(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2012
Itoroetti :

he never played for malaga,rather madrid,real malorca,barca,inter milan.pls go and read about Drogba's status at Marseille and come back to tell me that he wasnt a figure b4 coming to chelsea.

he played one season for OM and Jubril Cisse won the golden boot that season
Re: Soccer Lovers Who Is/was Better Among This Dual. DROGBA Vs ETO'O? by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 24, 2012
Drogba played for the epl and you know how difficult it is to be consistent in such a combative league, unlike la liga where players score goals for fun!! If drogba had played for barcelona( the most creative and possessive team in football history,followed by brazil) he would have scored more goals than he already had!!!! If drogba was a brazilian by nationality he would have won the woRld cup so forget what u guys are saying eto has 3 african cup of nation titles!! May I remind you, it was of recent ivory coast team gained popularity due to outstanding performances from their star players like yaya, kolo, solomon etc!!!! No sentiments Drogba is better!

(1) (Reply)

VIP TIPS FOR WEDNESDAY 20-09-2017 / [VIDEO] Iwobi Sends Mascherano To Jupiter Before Scoring Against Argentina / OFFICIAL: Chelsea Appoint New Manager, Thomas Tuchel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.