Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? (52730 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Mekky2010: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2012
I believe that every country hosting the Olympics always endeavors to out do its predecessor in a grandiose opening ceremony?

Do you think London succeeded in that quest?

Do you give it to the Brits or the Chinese?

London Olympics> https://www.nairaland.com/1002364/2012-olympics-opening-ceremony-pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xPO1bWkhk

Beijing Olympics > https://www.nairaland.com/158462/beijing-2008-olympics-opening-ceremony/2#2633753

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqZfQ1f3J0
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by olasquare: 7:15am On Jul 28, 2012
the Brits av it....it was not only a spledour: it recorded one or two 1st' in d history of d olympics
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2012
definately Beijing. it was more colourful n fun

11 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by micoyankee(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by AlabaSlim: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
I wud giv it 2 d CHI#KO$
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by roy4real(m): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
London, in all ramifications.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by stolenstone: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
nice thread! Pls can anyone furnish us with pictures of the displays, dance, calisthenics and fireworks at the beijing olympics to help us as we stroll down memory lane
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
I give it to London, it was original, mixed with comedy and historically presented.

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by cbaba: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
LONDON...ARE YOU OU.TTA UR MIND(sorry am actually vexing for one guy like that,but whc kain q be dis?) U know c Mr Bean,Mr Bond and the conductor..Guy that movie would have overshot the charts...I was watching the whole 4 hours..MADD splendor....i hear the chinese guys r beefing
ps: and if u actually chose china,tell us y,dont just write,do tell y!

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Some of you're are still stuck on London's nuts.. undecided undecided

Even the Queen had to take a nap 10mins into that boring show. grin

Beijing!! cool

14 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Bobbystanley(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
That of yesterday in london was the best opening ceremony in the history of Olympic...thumb up for the british

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by alaoeri: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Just like comparing death to sleep.
Beijing more colourful and cultural display than the bored britiko opening ceremony.

7 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
c-baba:
LONDON...ARE YOU OU.TTA UR MIND(sorry am actually vexing for one guy like that,but whc kain q be dis?) U know c Mr Bean,Mr Bond and the conductor..Guy that movie would have overshot the charts...I was watching the whole 4 hours..MADD splendor....i hear the chinese guys r beefing
ps: and if u actually chose china,tell us y,dont just write,do tell y!

Exactly! Beijing was like watching computer game, nothing original, just display of technology.

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by onila(f): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
obviously China! they spent hundreds of millions, millions of dollars while London just spent 40 million dollars!

London own was good but china one was the best!

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by oge4real(f): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
London all the way jor, it was a complete story.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by cheddarking(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
I bet Lizzy was thinking this.... wink

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Rhino5dm: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing . London is just overly hyped.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Rhino5dm: 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
@OP. . .add a poll.undecided
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by SisiKill1: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
The London Opening Ceremony was a MESS!!!!

4 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ejine(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Definitely Beijing!

The London opening, at a budget of $42 million, did have some charm, but the Beijing olympics, at a whooping $100 million totally blows it out of the water, both in spectacle and an extremely rich culture dating back thousands of years.

The flying man with the torch, the 2,008 percussionists, the over 870 water manipulators plus a weather-altering machine? ABEG! China nailed it thoroughly!

Beijing still stands as the most spectacular opening in history. Universally acclaimed! cool

10 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by cheddarking(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: The London Opening Ceremony was a MESS!!!!

How so?

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
hey make i hear word jor! Do u knw hw many times i fell asleep last nite? 3 gud times. The only thing that woke me up was wen nija was parading..popsy woke me up to see it.
Omo this british no get culture oo! The only thing that made sense there was the rural display to the indusrial period.. And that was the END! Everyother thing that follows were disorganosed! Utter rubbish. They just showed up sum gurela daville,mary popins etc... So james bond is nw part of british culture? And a boy wit his ipad... O come on! They culd hav done better.
Go back and watch that china opening..

8 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing showcased Chinese culture and technology..

London showcased British history and boredom..

Now, which one was more natural

And what do you guys even know about British culture

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
London! It felt like time travel, and the music was beautiful. I don't expect uneducated people to appreciate it, though. smiley

6 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by sweetcocoa(f): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
I didn't watch either of the two so......

I choose Atlanta undecided

7 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ejine(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
I must confess too, I actually fell asleep at a point while watching the ceremony yesterday, with my mouth wide open and copious amounts of drool oozing down on my sofa undecided ... But Mr. Bean did save the evening in a way.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
ArQueBusieR: London! It felt like time travel, and the music was beautiful. I don't expect uneducated people to appreciate it, though. smiley

Another pseudo-educated mor.on..

5 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by obailala(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
unfortunately, full/partial memory loss wouldn't permit this comparison to be healthy undecided

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ejine(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
Jesus! Guys, Forbes has ripped the London Ceremony to pieces!!! grin
it calls it "The Most Embarrassing" of them all grin
Have a look: http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/07/27/london-olympics-the-most-embarrasing-opening-ceremony/

shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
ArQueBusieR: London! It felt like time travel, and the music was beautiful. I don't expect uneducated people to appreciate it, though. smiley

aye.. So u finaly learned hw to browse. Wow! God is wonderful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Enjoys Life In Rome With Glamorous Girlfriend / Inside Real Madrid’s Luxury Jet With Beds, Showers And Over 2000 TV Channels / Samuel Chukwueze Arrives In Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.