Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? (3722 Views)

My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by 2black(m): 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
I was discussing with some married friends and they all think it is absurd for a man to sleep in his inlaw's place.I have done it a couple of times without any qualms and in fact my father in law will never agree that I sleep elsewhere whenever I travel to their area.What do you guys think?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by CrazyMan(m): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
You're in laws...you're families, therefore I see nothing wrong with that.

However, you musn't make it a habit, or else they would get fed up with your visits.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by 2black(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
No I havent and dont intend to make it a habit.Moreover I live in Lagos while they live in the south south.I also dont travel that often so I can be there maybe maximum of once or twice a year.What I am saying is that my friends who have been married for several years say they have never slept in their inlaws house before and will never do.That's why I asked.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by 2black(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by CrazyMan(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
2black: No I havent and dont intend to make it a habit.Moreover I live in Lagos while they live in the south south.I also dont travel that often so I can be there maybe maximum of once or twice a year.
Ok

2black: What I am saying is that my friends who have been married for several years say they have never slept in their inlaws house before and will never do.That's why I asked.
They may have their reasons...humans are the most mysterious creatures on earth...you can never understand them...
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2012
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by slimyem: 12:28am On Nov 16, 2012
Nothing absurd in that..
Nothing wrong with it if its just once in a while like you said..
Nothing wrong if you have a good relationship with your inlaws..
People just like to read too much meaning into seemingly harmless acts.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:32am On Nov 16, 2012
For me, there is nothing wrong. Thank God that you have a fantastic relationship with your in-laws. Like you said, your FIL wouldn't like the idea of you sleeping elsewhere whenever you are in town.

Mister, count your blessings and name them ONE by ONE. As for your friends, na PRIDE & EGO dey do them. You know Nigerian men and their inflated egos.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by 234GT(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2012
In Yoruba culture, if a man dies while sleeping in his inlaws house, his corpse must be carried out through the window and it is seen as a shame.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by uyiekpenm(f): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
234GT: In Yoruba culture, if a man dies while sleeping in his inlaws house, his corpse must be carried out through the window and it is seen as a shame.

I nearly fell off the balcony while reading your comment. Very funny

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
234GT: In Yoruba culture, if a man dies while sleeping in his inlaws house, his corpse must be carried out through the window and it is seen as a shame.

I'm sorry oh but no be everything that culture dictates that I dey do. I always tell myself that any aspect of culture that doesn't contribute anything meaningful to my life will be discarded.

Some people will follow culture blindly and give themselves hypertension and heart attack.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by 2black(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2012
Now I can see that I m not doing an oddity.Anyway,as for the Culture thing I m still trying to understand what that means?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by deybowlah: 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=234GT]
What yoruba means by that is a man that lives in his inlaws house and not a man that goes on visit. Do not misinterprete that. There is no big deal in passing a night with your inlaws. It shows humility and love
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
Bros, dont go acting foolish. are your inlaws not part of your family? on the day of your wedding, did both families not agree to merge as one? what do you think marriage is? once married, your both parents become mum n dad for all. how would you feel that your wife travelld to ibadan and decided to sleep in her friends house or hotel while your parents live in same town? shine your eyes oo n drop that dirty ego.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
234GT:
In Yoruba culture, if a man dies while sleeping in his inlaws house, his corpse must be carried out through the window and it is seen as a shame.
True!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
kopite:
Bros, dont go acting foolish. are your inlaws not part of your family? on the day of your wedding, did both families not agree to merge as one? what do you think marriage is? once married, your both parents become mum n dad for all. how would you feel that your wife travelld to ibadan and decided to sleep in her friends house or hotel while your parents live in same town? shine your eyes oo n drop that dirty ego.
No wonder lefulefu shifted base to Victorian family home
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2019
weyreypey:

No wonder lefulefu shifted base to Victorian family home
ehr wich victoria u dey talk about? I no get any gal called victoria bikocheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
lefulefu:
ehr wich victoria u dey talk about? I no get any gal called victoria bikocheesy
No be u dey chop Victorian?
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Vincent88: 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Nothing wrong
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
weyreypey:
No be u dey chop Victorian?
biko no be me ocheesy. U got the wrong guy.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
lefulefu:
Sharp guy...na u dey tidy her kpomo joor
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by mankettle(m): 8:37am On Mar 12, 2019
what's wrong in sleeping in my parents in love's house? absolutely nothing. in fact I will encourage more visits.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by victorian(f): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:

You dey answer the mad man??

He's a troll and jealous one at that .

He wants to date me but he feels trolling me and saying all sorts about me , will make me look his way and date him. But he's a dreamer . only him go taya by himself .

Just ignore him lefulefu.

He's mentally unstable .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 11:22am On Mar 12, 2019
victorian:

He wants to date me .
Tufiakwa. God forbid... Just feels good pulling your unstable mind.

I wouldn't allow my dog fvck you for free!!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
victorian:

You dey answer the mad man??

He's a troll and jealous one at that .

He wants to date me but he feels trolling me and saying all sorts about me , will make me look his way and date him. But he's a dreamer . only him go taya by himself .

Just ignore him lefulefu.

He's mentally unstable .
all he needs do if he wants to date u is ask u out naucheesy.wich one be all dese side attacks.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by victorian(f): 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:
all he needs do if he wants to date u is ask u out naucheesy.wich one be all dese side attacks.

A stark raving mad man like wereypey can not come close , how much more to ask me out . Na koboko I go use whip the craze from his head . he knows already . that's why he's trolling and attacking u . ignore the fool abeg

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:
Ol'boy you know my taste like las247... Not ekuke mastiff like Victorian...

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
victorian:

A stark raving mad man like wereypey can not come close , how much more to ask me out . Na koboko I go use whip the craze from his head . he knows already . that's why he's trolling and attacking u . ignore the fool abeg
grin
victorian:

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
weyreypey:

Ol'boy you know my taste like las247... Not ekuke mastiff like Victorian...
dis guy jus dey longer throat for better tinzscheesy. Shey na cos of dose lalas hips make her ur taste abi?cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by etrouble: 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
234GT:

If the corpse is not taken out through the window, several people will die in the in-laws house. It is called Akufa. If you think you know Jesus too much, you can use yourself for experiment with the gods.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by Biodun556(m): 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
234GT:
o grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With A Married Man Passing The Night In His Inlaw's Place? by weyreypey: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
lefulefu:
dis guy jus dey longer throat for better tinzscheesy. Shey na cos of dose lalas hips make her ur taste abi?cheesy
Her sense and simplicity.... Unlike the empty barrel (Victorian) who you chose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I And My Wife Started (our Humble Beginning) / I Hope I Dont Reincarnate As A Nigerian Woman / Is It A Crime To Buy Pants/bra For My Blood Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.