Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Being The First Child In Your Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being The First Child In Your Family (3905 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) / Missing Child In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being The First Child In Your Family by abes(m): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2007
What do you guys think about being the first child in the family, the good, the bad, the ugly.

As for me, it's not easy o.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2007
Damn! Don't envy ma big sis. thank God i'm d last. soooooo much fun. cheesy cheesy
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by afrodixie: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2007
Mixed blessings! Too much expectations---but you get to kick a lot of arses! cool
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by havanah: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2007
well things r quit complicated in my family although i'm a middle child i'm still treated as an older one and to tell the truth its no fun at all a lot of responsibility fall on ones shoulders, just yesterday i was telling my younger sister that i wish i was a younger sister forgetting that i alredy am, but still its nice when people come to u for advice even the older ones, undecided
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by dearfriend: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2007
Its not the best to be cos other of your siblings use you to learn their lessons, correct the mistakes they should have made and if you are a lady and you dont marry on time before others get ahead, that one na the biggest wahala.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by CrazyMan(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2007
Being the first born comes with great responsibility. Am number 3 in my family so I don’t think I have much to worry about.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by lucyc(f): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2007
my hubby is da last born,but still carries others like the first born should cry cry
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by TawaTemi1(f): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2007
Being the first child is not easy cos I am the first child in my house.
So many expectations.
U want to lead for others to follow.
U r seen as a role model.
Its quite expensive too.
U av to be good academically too cos ur younger ones may bring tough questions as assignment from school and fucking up is bad.
They look up to u, u lead, they follow, they expect u to make crucial decisions, its not an easy task.
You also want them to respect u and so u need to be matured in all ur dealings.
The parents are also there.
In summary its not easy, but am enjoying it though.
Even if I come back to this world, I will still come as the first child. grin grin cheesy cheesy wink wink smiley smiley
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by dada22(m): 1:22am On Nov 15, 2007
nyce thread here,

it's gud being da first, me,i'm da first son,dat makes u da man of da house,u take decisions,u dish out orders,desciple any younger offender(but not bullying),

i guess Tawa-Temi has said it all, u rule others & descipline urself too, yeah
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by slimfine(f): 9:15pm On May 24, 2010
being the first child is ok but I will like not be the first next time
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Igwe9(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2010
being the first child is good when your parents are rich especially for the male child smiley but if poor, na big wahala cheesy
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Livvvvy(f): 12:17pm On May 25, 2010
Whether your parents are rich or poor, you are still expected to perform as the first child.

I am the first born child of the house. I make sure i am right ahead and on-time.
I get all the insults and abuse when my younger mess up.
I remember one faithful day when we were still little. My dad had visitors so we use that opportunity to go out of the house to play. He had warned me earlier not to allow my younger ones to leave the house. I didn't adhere to his warning and so when i stepped out, every other person to the last followed me. I was playing and telling my younger to go back to the house.
My little sister mistakely injured a girl and the mother of the child carried the crying girl to our house.
My father was mad, and he was shouting my name.
When i got to the house, he told my younger ones to kneel down, and asked me to lie face down to the chair, and the next thing, was gbozaaaa, on my behind.
From that day, I learnt to discipline myself because i then noticed that whatever i do, the little ones are watching and copying and doing without asking why (they feel the eldest are the wisest and never make mistakes).

I always use myself to set an example to them now, and they are proud to have me as a big sister, but the journey still continues.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by meyri: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2010
It great but not easy. I am the oldest girl and not married but my younger sister is. And boy do I get the insults rained on me. My mom tells me i am not setting a good example by not getting married. Older women say that I should be ashamed of myself because my younger sister has married before me.

When i was younger and mommy was not home I become the second mama. I have to be the responsible one. I set the example for others to follow, and when my younger one do wrong it 90% because I am not setting the example. But I love it I usually do everything first and don't have to be label "follow follow" like my younger ones. No hand-me-downs!
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Seun(m): 6:09am On Jun 01, 2010
Marry me? cheesy
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Sissy3(f): 6:22am On Jun 01, 2010
meyri:

It great but not easy. I am the oldest girl and not married but my younger sister is. And boy do I get the insults rained on me. My mom tells me i am not setting a good example by not getting married. Older women say that I should be ashamed of myself because my younger sister has married before me.

thats sad! these kinds of situations push many women to marry drunkards, wife beaters,useless men and some even meet their death all in the name of answering "mrs"

but please dont let the pressures make you accept to marry just about anything that has a third leg smiley
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Sissy3(f): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2010
meyri

you have one suitor already wink lol

Seun:

Marry me? cheesy
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Busybody2(f): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2010
^^^ Apart from wanting to know the d-day, I wan know the kain atike and eye-pencil the bride dey use shocked shocked shocked me too i wan upgrade so that i only have to open my mouth to get a proposal too grin
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by chika98: 6:53am On Jun 01, 2010
Una wicked sha cheesy
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 01, 2010
Seun:

Marry me? cheesy
Yes!!

How much are you worth? Response in millions, plz
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by chika98: 6:55am On Jun 01, 2010
LOL dem no ask you Gators
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 01, 2010
It's bound to happen, might as well be today
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Sissy3(f): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2010
Ebony

you wan spoil this match made in heaven? berra remove one leg from the trouser oo cos the angels wouldnt forgive if you pour sand into this perfect garri tongue
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Busybody2(f): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2010
chika98:

Una wicked sha cheesy

mba, mba, mba remove wicked from one list of my qualities, i want positive comments from now on, incase my suitor happens to chance by cheesy Hope i don't attract one of those "when i hold your hands means i love you" like Chika98's men sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by chika98: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2010
Busy_body:

mba, mba, mba remove wicked from one list of my qualities, i want positive comments from now on, incase my suitor happens to chance by cheesy Hope i don't attract one of those "when i hold your hands means i love you" like Chika98's men sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

LOL U sure don't forget stuff. Don't mind the dude. . some men are simply amazing like that wink
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Busybody2(f): 7:03am On Jun 01, 2010
FL Gators:

Yes!!

Do you mind angry You are trespassing angry Now vamoose if you don't want me to use the report to admin button for derailing this thread angry What can fa angry

grin

chika98:

LOL U sure don't forget stuff. Don't mind the dude. . some men are simply amazing like that wink

shocked You call him amazing for using that chat up line shocked No wonder likes attracts likes grin grin grin tongue
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by chika98: 7:05am On Jun 01, 2010
Sarcasm woman. . Sarcasm
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Busybody2(f): 7:10am On Jun 01, 2010
^^^ Dunno what you on about woman tongue me that i am just learning to speak English, what language is sarcasm, which Country speaks it embarassed embarassed embarassed

cheesy

@ topic

what is the topic again embarassed can't even answer it in a yes or no format chei, so na aproko i come do for hia embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by meyri: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Seun

Thanks for the offer. But I think I'll pass.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by blakbarbie: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2010
being first means your a natural born leader, good stuff, but there are cons as well, like if your born to over-bearing parents, as I was, who were themselves first borns, OMG your made to feel like the fate of the world is on your shoulders. I mean the pressure was ridiculous, still is, infact it got so bad I left the country, but my fiance is a last born, so we balance each other out, he's more of the 'enjoy life while you have it type', so it works.
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by Sissy3(f): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
meyri:

@Seun

Thanks for the offer. But I think I'll pass.

why na sad sad sad so you wan break Seun's heart just like that  embarassed embarassed

Seun no worri e go betta cool
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by bigfather(m): 12:05am On Jun 02, 2010
E nor easy o ! Coupled with the fact that am from a polygamus family .
Re: Being The First Child In Your Family by mamagee3(f): 12:08am On Jun 02, 2010
FL Gators:

Yes!!

He's probably worth 65 million dollars.

Do you have the money?
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husbands: Is It Risky To Marry A Woman Above Age 25 If You Want Kids? / Is It Good For Parent To Use Abusive Words / Is This How Some Women Go About Treating Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.